|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: "Fall 2010".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie does Kabir quote in Chapter 7 when referring to Adel's father?
(a) The King and I.
(b) To Have and Have Not.
(c) Lawrence of Arabia.
2. The excerpt that opens Chapter 6 comes from what periodical?
(c) "La Pointe."
3. How old does the letter-writer in Chapter 4 presume himself to be?
(a) In his late 70s.
(b) In his mid-90s.
(c) In his mid-80s.
(d) In his late 50s.
4. What is served for dinner at the party at Nabi's house in Chapter 5?
(a) Lentil soup.
(c) Roast beef.
(d) Leg of lamb.
5. What does Baba Ayub's village's name translate to in English?
(a) "Field of Green."
(b) "Land of Red."
(c) "Place of God."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adel's mother dream of becoming before she married?
2. What did Baba Ayub announce as his intentions when the div opened the gate to his fort in Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of Gholam's paternal grandmother?
4. Where is Idris studying internal medicine?
5. Where does the storyteller describe more fortunate villages in relation to the one in which Baba Ayub lived in Chapter 1?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)