|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: "Fall 2010".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nila claim the scar was from on her abdomen to Pari?
(a) From cesarian section.
(b) From spleen removal.
(c) From gallbladder removal.
(d) From a liver transplant.
2. Where does Gholam say he grew up in a camp in Chapter 7?
(a) In America.
(b) In Iran.
(c) In Pakistan.
(d) In India.
3. What is the family name of Timur and Idris?
4. What do "divs" and "jinns" refer to in the context of the novel?
(a) Fish and birds.
(b) Whales and sea urchins.
(c) Goats and sheep.
(d) Monsters and spirits.
5. What sets Chapter 4 apart from the other chapters in And the Mountains Echoed?
(a) It is set in the future.
(b) It is related through a newspaper article.
(c) It has no title.
(d) It has a title.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poem was attached to the rock that was thrown at Masooma by the boys in "She Was Forever Screaming"?
2. Whose bicycle does Masooma recall wrecking in Chapter 3?
3. Why does the narrator tell his children they will need their sleep tonight in Chapter 1?
4. Who is the author of the letter that comprises Chapter 4?
5. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a type of clay oven used for cooking in Southern, Central, and Western Asia?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)