|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "Spring 1949".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was notable about Qais' eyes, according to the storyteller in Chapter 1?
(a) They were dark blue.
(b) They were dark brown.
(c) They were bright green.
(d) They were black.
2. What did Baba Ayub announce as his intentions when the div opened the gate to his fort in Chapter 1?
(a) He intended to kill the div.
(b) He intended to burn down the fort.
(c) He intended to take his wife away.
(d) He intended to retrieve his son.
3. What did Baba Ayub write the names of his children on to decide which one to give to the div in Chapter 1?
(a) Wood blocks.
4. What is the darkness around Parwana compared to in the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The bottom of a well.
(c) A mother's womb.
(d) A black tunnel.
5. What does Baba Ayub's village's name translate to in English?
(a) "Place of God."
(b) "Field of Green."
(c) "Land of Red."
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poem was attached to the rock that was thrown at Masooma by the boys in "She Was Forever Screaming"?
2. Abdullah asks his father in Chapter 2 why who did not drive them to Kabul?
3. What did Abdullah's stepmother teach the children to make dolls from?
4. Who teaches all of the village chldren to read and write in Parwana's village?
5. How did Abdullah's mother die?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)