|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "Spring 1949".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator describe children throwing rocks at Pari's dog in Chapter 2?
2. How would Qais charm anyone he met, according to the storyteller in Chapter 1?
(a) With his musical skills.
(b) With his devilish laughter.
(c) With is witty jokes.
(d) With his playful pranks.
3. What attraction does Masooma tell Parwana that she wants to go to see in Kabul in Chapter 3?
(a) The Minaret of Jam.
(b) The Shrine of Ali.
(c) The Gardens of Babur.
(d) Darulaman Palace.
4. How old was Abdullah when his mother died?
5. What does Baba Ayub's village's name translate to in English?
(a) "Place of God."
(b) "Land of Red."
(c) "Field of Green."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches all of the village chldren to read and write in Parwana's village?
2. What is the name of the village elder of Abdullah's village?
3. Whose bicycle does Masooma recall wrecking in Chapter 3?
4. What word from Chapter 2 refers to Afghan nomads primarily from the Ghilji tribal confederacy?
5. What would the div do if a family refused to give it one child, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)