|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "Spring 1949".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the son that the narrator is telling a story to in Chapter 1?
2. Who teaches all of the village chldren to read and write in Parwana's village?
(b) Markos Varvaris.
(c) Mullah Shekib.
(d) Suleiman Wahdati.
3. How old was Abdullah when his mother died?
4. What would the div do if a family refused to give it one child, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) It would kill and eat the family's parents.
(b) It would take all the family's children.
(c) It would kill the entire village.
(d) It would leave and go home.
5. What is the darkness around Parwana compared to in the end of Chapter 3?
(b) A mother's womb.
(c) The bottom of a well.
(d) A black tunnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Parwana steal for Saboor when she was a child?
2. What do "divs" and "jinns" refer to in the context of the novel?
3. What jobs does Uncle Nabi do for a living?
4. What is the name of the village elder of Abdullah's village?
5. What does Baba Ayub's village's name translate to in English?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)