|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "Spring 1949".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the son that the narrator is telling a story to in Chapter 1?
2. What happened to the object that Parwana shoplifted for Saboor when they were kids?
(a) It was thrown in the river.
(b) She returned it to the bazaar.
(c) It was discovered by her father.
(d) Masooma gave it to Saboor.
3. What do "divs" and "jinns" refer to in the context of the novel?
(a) Whales and sea urchins.
(b) Monsters and spirits.
(c) Fish and birds.
(d) Goats and sheep.
4. What jobs does Uncle Nabi do for a living?
(a) He is a cook and a chauffeur.
(b) He is a maitre d' and bartender.
(c) He is a butcher and a clerk.
(d) He is a taxi driver and cashier.
5. What was the name of the first baby of Abdullah's stepmother who died from a cold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found in Masooma's clenched fist after she fell from the tree?
2. Where does Pari keep the feathers she has collected?
3. What does Baba Ayub's village's name translate to in English?
4. How would Qais charm anyone he met, according to the storyteller in Chapter 1?
5. What type of trees did Baba Ayub grow and harvest?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)