|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator say Dona Maria decided to buy something for her children in "The Night Before Christmas"?
(a) On Christmas Eve.
(b) Three days before Christmas.
(c) One week before Christmas.
(d) Two days before Christmas.
2. The truck driver in "When We Arrive" says that as soon as he drops these people off, he's going to see how things go hauling what?
3. How long does the portrait salesman say it will take to deliver an inlaid, enlarged and framed portrait in "The Portrait"?
(a) Two months.
(b) One week.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One month.
4. Where do the globes of light like fireballs originate in "Under the House"?
5. How many children do Don Efrain and Dona Chona have in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
6. Where do the children find the sack full of pictures in "The Portrait"?
(a) In a tunnel leading to the dump.
(b) In a suitcase at the hotel.
(c) In the cemetery.
(d) Underneath the pews at the church.
7. For how long does Ramon go away to work and not see his girlfriend in "Out"?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Four months.
8. What makes the protagonist move in "Under the House"?
9. Where did Ramon and his girfriend buy rings for each other, according to the narrator in "Out"?
10. Where does Dona Maria's husband say she got lost downtown in Minnesota in "The Night Before Christmas"?
11. What does Bartolo come to sell in the town in "Bartolo Passed Through..."?
12. Dona Maria tells her children that in Mexico, Santa does not bring presents. Who does instead?
(a) Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
(b) The Three Wise Men.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Jesus Christ.
13. How many hours a day does Dona Maria's husband work in "The Night Before Christmas"?
(a) Almost 13 hours a day.
(b) Almost 15 hours a day.
(c) Almost 10 hours a day.
(d) Almost 18 hours a day.
14. Where do the Garcia children stay while their parents work in the fields in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
(a) At the nursery.
(b) At school.
(c) At their aunt's home.
(d) At home.
15. How long does it take the portrait maker to produce Don Mateo's portrait once he is cornered at the market?
(a) One week.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money was one of the characters loaned, allowing him to buy food for two months in "When We Arrive"?
2. What is the day of the Reyes Magos, according to the narrator in "The Night Before Christmas"?
3. Where is the man from that Ramon's girlfriend is supposedly cheating on him with in "Out"?
4. Who was frying eggs when the fire broke out in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
5. In what type of building does the Garcia family live in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)