|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of crop does one character talk about, saying if they do well with it he will buy a car in "When We Arrive"?
(a) The onion crop.
(b) The wheat crop.
(c) The apple crop.
(d) The corn crop.
2. Where does Ramon say he goes when the others make fun of him in "Out"?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the church.
(c) To the beach.
(d) To the cemetery.
3. Where do the children find the sack full of pictures in "The Portrait"?
(a) In a suitcase at the hotel.
(b) In the cemetery.
(c) Underneath the pews at the church.
(d) In a tunnel leading to the dump.
4. Where does Don Mateo take off to when he discovers he has been swindled in "The Portrait"?
(a) To New Mexico.
(b) To San Antonio.
(c) To Houston.
(d) To Mexico.
5. What does Bartolo come to sell in the town in "Bartolo Passed Through..."?
6. How many children do Don Efrain and Dona Chona have in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
7. Who visits on Christmas Eve with a sack of oranges and nuts in "The Night Before Christmas"?
(a) Don Chon.
(b) Santa Claus.
(c) Don Julio.
(d) Don Andrea.
8. On what day of the week does the Garcia family return home from the movie theater in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
9. Where does Dona Maria plan to go to buy toys for her children in "The Night Before Christmas"?
10. Where do the globes of light like fireballs originate in "Under the House"?
11. What does the protagonist throw rocks at in "First Communion"?
(a) A dartboard.
(b) A window.
(c) A cat.
(d) A cactus.
12. Who was frying eggs when the fire broke out in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
13. Whose nose is said to always start bleeding in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
14. What makes the protagonist move in "Under the House"?
15. Where is Ramon planning to return soon in "Out"?
(a) To Texas.
(b) To Mississippi.
(c) To Utah.
(d) To Kansas.
Short Answer Questions
1. The truck driver in "When We Arrive" says that as soon as he drops these people off, he's going to see how things go hauling what?
2. For how long does Ramon go away to work and not see his girlfriend in "Out"?
3. What color shoes does the man from San Antonio wear in "Out"?
4. What color does the portrait salesman suggest making the uniform in "The Portrait"?
5. When does the narrator say Dona Maria decided to buy something for her children in "The Night Before Christmas"?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)