|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the protagonist move in "Under the House"?
2. At what time do the field workers see smoke rising from the farm in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 11:00 a.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
3. How long does it take the portrait maker to produce Don Mateo's portrait once he is cornered at the market?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
4. Who loaned one of the characters money that gave him enough to buy food for two months in "When We Arrive"?
(a) Mr. Ross.
(b) Mr. Thompson.
(c) Mr. James.
(d) Mr. Anderson.
5. What character dies in "Out"?
(b) The narrator.
6. The truck driver in "When We Arrive" says that as soon as he drops these people off, he's going to see how things go hauling what?
7. What does the protagonist ask his mother to iron for him in "First Communion"?
(a) His tie.
(b) His pants.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His jacket.
8. How many sins has the protagonist counted that he has committed on the eve of communion in "First Communion"?
9. Who was frying eggs when the fire broke out in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
10. Who does the narrator say is the only devil in "Under the House"?
(a) Don Julio.
(b) Don Rayos.
(c) Don Ramirez.
(d) Don Laito.
11. How much money was one of the characters loaned, allowing him to buy food for two months in "When We Arrive"?
12. Whose nose is said to always start bleeding in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
13. How many children do Don Efrain and Dona Chona have in "The Little Burnt Victims"?
14. Where up north does Dona Maria's family go yearly in "The Night Before Christmas"?
15. Where did Ramon and his girfriend buy rings for each other, according to the narrator in "Out"?
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose house does Don Mateo stay when he goes to find the man who swindled him in "The Portrait"?
2. What color does the portrait salesman suggest making the uniform in "The Portrait"?
3. Where did the protagonist of "First Communion" burn himself on hot coals?
4. What does the protagonist recall his father telling him stories about at night in "Under the House"?
5. How far is downtown from Dona Maria's home in "The Night Before Christmas"?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)