|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say is the only devil in "Under the House"?
(a) Don Ramirez.
(b) Don Julio.
(c) Don Laito.
(d) Don Rayos.
2. Where do the globes of light like fireballs originate in "Under the House"?
3. One of the unnamed characters curses the life of the migrant workers in "When We Arrive." Where does this character say he will go to get a job as soon as the truck unloads?
(d) New York.
4. Where do the children find the sack full of pictures in "The Portrait"?
(a) In a suitcase at the hotel.
(b) In a tunnel leading to the dump.
(c) Underneath the pews at the church.
(d) In the cemetery.
5. How far is downtown from Dona Maria's home in "The Night Before Christmas"?
(a) Three blocks.
(b) Six blocks.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Two blocks.
6. Where does Dona Maria plan to go to buy toys for her children in "The Night Before Christmas"?
7. What kind of crop does one character talk about, saying if they do well with it he will buy a car in "When We Arrive"?
(a) The corn crop.
(b) The onion crop.
(c) The wheat crop.
(d) The apple crop.
8. What does the protagonist throw rocks at in "First Communion"?
(a) A cactus.
(b) A dartboard.
(c) A cat.
(d) A window.
9. Where does Dona Maria's husband work?
(a) A beet farm.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cotton farm.
(d) A restaurant.
10. Who loaned one of the characters money that gave him enough to buy food for two months in "When We Arrive"?
(a) Mr. Anderson.
(b) Mr. Thompson.
(c) Mr. James.
(d) Mr. Ross.
11. What color shoes does the man from San Antonio wear in "Out"?
12. Where does the protagonist witness a couple copulating in "First Communion"?
(a) In an apartment building.
(b) At the cleaners.
(c) Inside the church.
(d) In a field.
13. When does the narrator say Dona Maria decided to buy something for her children in "The Night Before Christmas"?
(a) One week before Christmas.
(b) On Christmas Eve.
(c) Two days before Christmas.
(d) Three days before Christmas.
14. What character dies in "Out"?
(d) The narrator.
15. Where is the man from that Ramon's girlfriend is supposedly cheating on him with in "Out"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where up north does Dona Maria's family go yearly in "The Night Before Christmas"?
2. What covers the protagonist's walls in his bedroom in "First Communion"?
3. Who invites in the portrait salesmen when the narrator is at his friend's house in "The Portrait"?
4. Where did Ramon and his girfriend buy rings for each other, according to the narrator in "Out"?
5. Where do the portrait salesmen come from in "The Portrait"?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)