|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of the first club meeting?
2. Who is Z.F.?
3. To whom does Kate leave her house in her suicide note?
4. Where does Kitty attend college?
5. What is Eliza Ballard's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the ladies' college in Waynesboro gets sold.
2. Discuss the situation around Kate's death in the chapter titled "1870."
3. Where does Amanda attend college, and how does she plan to pay for her degree?
4. Who starts the Waynesboro Women's Club, and whom do they recruit to join?
5. Why does Anne encourage John to go on a trip with Ludwig? Whom does he meet on the trip?
6. While the club is not meant to be controversial, what issue do some of the members take on in "1873-1874?" What happens to the women?
7. What happens when a doctor finally examines Mrs. McCune?
8. Discuss John's decision regarding treatment of Zack's injury.
9. Who discovers Miss Pinney is dead? Where is she found?
10. What is the situation that leads to Eliza working at her father's law office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name and discuss three historical events or actual locations that exist in real life and were mentioned in the book. What role does each event play in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What does the club come to symbolize to Sally and many other women? Be sure to include a definition of symbolism in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in...and Ladies of the Club. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)