|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "1886," who runs away from home?
2. Where does Melissa Patton work?
(a) In the local bar.
(b) In the movie theater.
(c) In the grocery store.
(d) In the library.
3. In the chapter titled "1916-1924," who is missing in action?
(a) Young Ludwig.
4. Who tells her husband in "1892-1893" that she will never have another child?
5. In the chapter titled "1916-1924," who marries Lowrey Edwards?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in town to see Arianna in "1892-1893"?
2. In the chapter titled "1886-1887," about whom is the wife of the Baptist minister concerned?
3. In the chapter titled "1885-1886" where does Eliza go to work?
4. How old is Belinda when she dies?
5. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," who is elected to be the new president of the club?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sally, on her deathbed, send for and why?
2. How do Anne and John differ in their beliefs in life after death?
3. When Johnny expresses interest in becoming a doctor like his father, what does John tell him?
4. After the death of her husband, what are Mrs. Ballard's thoughts on mourning?
5. What does Tucker realize about his own parents' relationship and their divorce when he becomes an adult?
6. Explain the situation that leads to Ludwig's death.
7. Explain the circumstances that lead to John's death. How does he die?
8. Why, upon her death, does Eliza leave her portion of the family home to Ruhamah?
9. Explain the situation that drives Christina's son Blair away from Waynesboro.
10. Whom does Julia decide to marry when she is living in California? Why does she want to marry him?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)