|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is writing a book about her great-grandfather?
(a) Julia Gordon.
(b) Theresa Stevens.
(c) Louisa Deming.
(d) Melissa Patton.
2. In the chapter titled "1913," what natural disaster in the area causes the families to worry about loved ones cut off in other parts of the region?
3. In the chapter titled "1894-1895," who marries Randy Lichtenstein, a young attorney?
4. What epidemic breaks out in "1909"?
5. Who dies in "1892-1893"?
(c) Jessamine's child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, supposedly, is the person who wants to move to Waynesboro in "1886-1887"?
2. Amid the financial worries in the chapter titled "1895-1896," what is there talk of establishing?
3. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," how old is Sally?
4. Who runs into Jennifer during the war in the chapter titled "1916-1924"?
5. In the chapter titled "1887-1888," what is the name of the boy who is becoming known as a bully?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julia feel during her pregnancy, and what choice does she make after giving birth?
2. What does Julia admit when she tells Johnny she wants a divorce? Why didn't she ask for a divorce sooner?
3. Explain the situation that leads to Ludwig's death.
4. Christina met her husband while acting in a play. How does Christina feel about plays when Arianna runs away?
5. How does Sally deal with becoming more crippled with arthritis?
6. After the death of her husband, what are Mrs. Ballard's thoughts on mourning?
7. Who does Melissa Patton marry, and why does she continue to work afterward?
8. When Johnny expresses interest in becoming a doctor like his father, what does John tell him?
9. Why does Anne cut herself off from all but superficial friendships, and when does she change that attitude?
10. How do Johnny and John split their medical cases?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)