|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the runaway in "1886" leave home?
(a) On foot.
(b) By carriage.
(c) By horse.
(d) By train.
2. Whose son is Lowrey Edwards?
3. In the chapter titled "1916-1924," who marries Lowrey Edwards?
4. In "1914-1916," what does Jennifer say she is going to do to work in the war effort in Europe?
(a) Become a nurse.
(b) Entertain in the U.S.O.
(c) Become an Army secretary.
(d) Become a spy.
5. In the chapter titled "1898," what does the club celebrate with a party?
(a) The new member induction.
(b) The club's 30th anniversary.
(c) Ludwig's and Sally's silver anniversary.
(d) The lives of past members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is not a remaining original club member in "1898"?
2. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," who is elected to be the new president of the club?
3. Amid the financial worries in the chapter titled "1895-1896," what is there talk of establishing?
4. Before her death, why does Sally ask to see Anne?
5. In "1900-1902," who marries Sheldon Edwards?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the death of her husband, what are Mrs. Ballard's thoughts on mourning?
2. What does Theresa's family realize when her book is published? How does her family respond?
3. How are the children and grandchildren of the club members involved in World War I?
4. What is Johnny's response when Julia tells him she wants a divorce?
5. Whom does Julia decide to marry when she is living in California? Why does she want to marry him?
6. Christina met her husband while acting in a play. How does Christina feel about plays when Arianna runs away?
7. How do Johnny and John split their medical cases?
8. How does Sally deal with becoming more crippled with arthritis?
9. Explain the situation that drives Christina's son Blair away from Waynesboro.
10. Why, upon her death, does Eliza leave her portion of the family home to Ruhamah?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)