|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the runaway in "1886" leave home?
(a) By train.
(b) By carriage.
(c) On foot.
(d) By horse.
2. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," who is elected to be the new president of the club?
3. Who is writing a book about her great-grandfather?
(a) Melissa Patton.
(b) Louisa Deming.
(c) Julia Gordon.
(d) Theresa Stevens.
4. Near the end of the novel, what light condition has Anne apparently had?
(a) A small heart attack.
(b) A small stroke.
(c) A small blood clot.
(d) A mental breakdown.
5. Who gives birth to a fourth daughter in "1886-1887"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "1900-1902," who marries Sheldon Edwards?
2. What is Belinda's nickname?
3. When Jennifer returns from her European war assignment, whom does she decide to marry?
4. In the chapter titled "1887-1888," whose son is becoming known as a bully?
5. In "1914-1916," what does Jennifer say she is going to do to work in the war effort in Europe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the circumstances that lead to John's death. How does he die?
2. After the death of her husband, what are Mrs. Ballard's thoughts on mourning?
3. Explain the situation that leads to Ludwig's death.
4. Why doesn't Julia give an immediate response to Johnny's marriage proposal?
5. When Johnny expresses interest in becoming a doctor like his father, what does John tell him?
6. How does Julia feel during her pregnancy, and what choice does she make after giving birth?
7. Why, upon her death, does Eliza leave her portion of the family home to Ruhamah?
8. How do Anne and John differ in their beliefs in life after death?
9. After Sally's death, who moves in with Anne and why?
10. What does Theresa's family realize when her book is published? How does her family respond?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)