|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells her husband in "1892-1893" that she will never have another child?
2. Who was the last living charter member of the club?
3. Who invites Belinda on a picnic after she recovers from her illness?
4. In the chapter titled "1894-1895," what additional complication develops along with the broken rib?
5. In the chapter titled "1894-1895," who marries Randy Lichtenstein, a young attorney?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," how old is Sally?
2. In the chapter titled "1916-1924," who is missing in action?
3. Amid the financial worries in the chapter titled "1895-1896," what is there talk of establishing?
4. What illness does Belinda contract?
5. In the chapter titled "1895-1896," which club member withdraws from most of her friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Julia decide to marry when she is living in California? Why does she want to marry him?
2. How are the children and grandchildren of the club members involved in World War I?
3. How does Julia use her baby to refuse social dictates?
4. In the chapter titled "1892," what does Sheldon fear regarding his youngest child?
5. What does Tucker realize about his own parents' relationship and their divorce when he becomes an adult?
6. Explain the circumstances that lead to John's death. How does he die?
7. How does Julia feel during her pregnancy, and what choice does she make after giving birth?
8. Explain the situation that drives Christina's son Blair away from Waynesboro.
9. Who does Melissa Patton marry, and why does she continue to work afterward?
10. What advice does Anne give Tucker when he tells her that he and Jennifer plan to be married? What does she base her advice on?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)