|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is not a remaining original club member in "1898"?
2. In "1900-1902," who marries Sheldon Edwards?
3. In the chapter titled "1898," what does the club celebrate with a party?
(a) The new member induction.
(b) Ludwig's and Sally's silver anniversary.
(c) The club's 30th anniversary.
(d) The lives of past members.
4. In the chapter titled "1894-1895," who breaks a rib?
5. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," how old is Sally?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Belinda contract?
2. To whom does Eliza leave her share of her house when she dies?
3. Who gets sent home from college for fighting in the chapter titled "1898"?
4. Why do the parents of the child who stops by Anne's house after school want the child to stop?
5. Who hosts a taffy pull in "1886''?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Julia give an immediate response to Johnny's marriage proposal?
2. When Johnny expresses interest in becoming a doctor like his father, what does John tell him?
3. Christina met her husband while acting in a play. How does Christina feel about plays when Arianna runs away?
4. How does Amanda feel when Arianna runs away from home?
5. How do Johnny and John split their medical cases?
6. How does Julia feel during her pregnancy, and what choice does she make after giving birth?
7. Why, upon her death, does Eliza leave her portion of the family home to Ruhamah?
8. At first, Anne suspected Jessamine's son was fathered by John. Then she realized the date of John's trip and the birth of Jessamine's son were not connected. What does Anne learn when Jessamine moves to Waynesboro?
9. After the death of her husband, what are Mrs. Ballard's thoughts on mourning?
10. Who does Sally, on her deathbed, send for and why?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)