|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "1877," who does the pregnant, ill woman's husband want to call?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A doctor from his church.
(c) An exorcist.
(d) A midwife.
2. Who speaks at the 1868 graduation ceremony at the college?
(a) President Johnson.
(b) General Deming.
(c) General Lee.
(d) President Lincoln.
3. In "1878" Esther, the new club member, is known as _________.
(a) Mrs. Banker Beattie.
(b) Mrs. Professor Beattie.
(c) Mrs. Artist Beattie.
(d) Mrs. Doctor Beattie.
4. When does Ludwig start expanding his mill?
5. Who refuses to depend on her child until absolutely necessary?
(a) Mrs. Davis.
(b) Mrs. Gordon.
(c) Mrs. Lowery.
(d) Mrs. Reid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate given after the uproar in the chapter called "1870"?
2. In "1873-1874," who is accused of mismanagement?
3. Why does Ludwig hire an overseer for his mill expansion?
4. Who attends Oberlin College?
5. Following graduation, ________________are told to report to the head mistress' office.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anne encourage John to go on a trip with Ludwig? Whom does he meet on the trip?
2. What discovery makes Anne and Sally begin to like Rhoda McKinney?
3. How does Thomasina begin dating her boyfriend and future husband?
4. What is Ludwig's concern when hiring an overseer of the mill? Why does he hire one despite his concern?
5. Which charter member has a family member who opposes her membership in the club? Who opposes and what is the complaint?
6. Who was the valedictorian of the college, and what is the topic of the valedictorian's speech?
7. Discuss the situation around Kate's death in the chapter titled "1870."
8. Whose cape does Anne borrow, and what secret does it hold?
9. Where does the club operate its library from while it begins raising funds? How is the library staffed?
10. Why do several mothers pull their children out of Miss Pinney's school? How does the club help?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)