|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which woman is said to keep both her husband and daughter in line?
2. Who buys the Waynesboro college?
(a) A religious college.
(b) An investment firm for apartments.
(c) A convent.
(d) A monastery.
3. Who suffers greatly from hay fever and asthma?
4. Which of McCune's children is angry that he remarries?
5. Whom does Mr. McCune invite on a date?
(d) Mrs. Reid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following graduation, ________________are told to report to the head mistress' office.
2. In "1875," what does the club begin to save money to build?
3. Who moves into the now empty Lowrey house in "1875-1876"?
4. Who is elected first president of the club?
5. Who dies the same week Sally gives birth in "1872"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the living arrangements of the Lowreys, the Rauchs, and Dr. Blair once the Waynesboro college is sold.
2. Where does Amanda attend college, and how does she plan to pay for her degree?
3. What is Ludwig's concern when hiring an overseer of the mill? Why does he hire one despite his concern?
4. Who starts the Waynesboro Women's Club, and whom do they recruit to join?
5. Where does the club operate its library from while it begins raising funds? How is the library staffed?
6. What marital advice does Anne's dying father give to her?
7. Who are the first officers of the Waynesboro Women's Club?
8. How do some of the residents feel about the play Sally arranges for her Christmas party?
9. Why do several mothers pull their children out of Miss Pinney's school? How does the club help?
10. How do Doug and Barbara's approach to dealing with Doug's aunts differ?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)