|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to hang out with the new girl Ellen in the chapter called "1870"?
2. In "1877," which character is told to start saving for her own old age?
3. Who invites the Gardiner sisters to join the club?
(a) Caroline and Amanda.
(b) Sally and Anne.
(c) Sarah and Amanda.
(d) Lavinia and Thomasina.
4. Where does Barbara Bodien work?
(a) At the store where Sheldon works.
(b) At the new college in town.
(c) At Ludwig's company.
(d) As a receptionist for John.
5. What causes the young man injured at Ludwig's mill to die?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) A lung disorder.
(d) The severe burns.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter "1870," who is besotted?
2. What is Eliza Ballard's job?
3. What is the first chapter of the book called?
4. Who dies the same week Sally gives birth in "1872"?
5. Who speaks at the 1868 graduation ceremony at the college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about John telling Anne that the family needs her "undivided attention"?
2. Explain how the ladies' college in Waynesboro gets sold.
3. What is Miss Pinney's habit, and how does the club try to regulate it?
4. Where does the club operate its library from while it begins raising funds? How is the library staffed?
5. Discuss John's decision regarding treatment of Zack's injury.
6. Who are the first officers of the Waynesboro Women's Club?
7. How do Doug and Barbara's approach to dealing with Doug's aunts differ?
8. Whose cape does Anne borrow, and what secret does it hold?
9. Which charter member has a family member who opposes her membership in the club? Who opposes and what is the complaint?
10. Why does Anne encourage John to go on a trip with Ludwig? Whom does he meet on the trip?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)