|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks at the 1868 graduation ceremony at the college?
(a) General Lee.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) President Johnson.
(d) General Deming.
2. Whom does Mr. McCune soon marry?
(a) Mrs. Reid.
(b) His wife's younger sister.
(d) His wife's cousin.
3. What is the date of the first club meeting?
(a) September 7.
(b) November 7.
(c) October 7.
(d) August 7.
4. What causes the injury that occurs in Ludwig's mill in "1878"?
(a) A flood.
(b) A gas line explodes.
(c) A heavy coil of rope.
(d) An electric line.
5. Whose cancer has confined her to the house in "1872"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys the Waynesboro college?
2. Which of these characters is not a founding member of the club?
3. From whose office does the "1879" prosecutor work?
4. Who is Kitty's boyfriend?
5. Who is not a member of the club at the end of "1877"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ludwig's concern when hiring an overseer of the mill? Why does he hire one despite his concern?
2. Whose cape does Anne borrow, and what secret does it hold?
3. How does Amanda's mother respond when Amanda offers to take care of her?
4. What is Miss Pinney's habit, and how does the club try to regulate it?
5. How do Doug and Barbara's approach to dealing with Doug's aunts differ?
6. Which charter member has a family member who opposes her membership in the club? Who opposes and what is the complaint?
7. Discuss the living arrangements of the Lowreys, the Rauchs, and Dr. Blair once the Waynesboro college is sold.
8. Who are the first officers of the Waynesboro Women's Club?
9. Why won't Mr. McCune call John to check on his ill wife?
10. Discuss John's decision regarding treatment of Zack's injury.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)