|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," who resigns as president of the club?
(a) Mrs. Gardiner.
(b) Miss Pinney.
(c) Mrs. Ballard.
(d) Miss Gardiner.
2. In the chapter titled "1898," what does the club celebrate with a party?
(a) The new member induction.
(b) Ludwig's and Sally's silver anniversary.
(c) The lives of past members.
(d) The club's 30th anniversary.
3. Who dies in "1892-1893"?
(a) Jessamine's child.
4. Who resigns as club president in the chapter titled "1916-1924"?
5. How old is Belinda when she dies?
6. Who invites Belinda on a picnic after she recovers from her illness?
7. After whom does Jennifer name her first born daughter?
(a) Her husband's aunts.
(b) Her aunts.
(c) Her grandmother and her husband's grandmother.
(d) Her mother and her husband's mother.
8. Who was in town to see Arianna in "1892-1893"?
9. Before her death, why does Sally ask to see Anne?
(a) To ask her forgiveness.
(b) To tell her a secret.
(c) To tell her the names of Ben's parents.
(d) To admit that she had an affair with John.
10. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," who is elected to be the new president of the club?
11. In the chapter titled "1887-1888," what is the name of the boy who is becoming known as a bully?
12. In "1900-1902," who marries Sheldon Edwards?
13. What kills Johnny?
(a) A weak heart.
14. Who, supposedly, is the person who wants to move to Waynesboro in "1886-1887"?
(a) The wife of John's cousin.
(b) The nephew of the Baptist minister.
(c) A prostitute from another town.
(d) The niece of the Presbyterian minister.
15. What epidemic breaks out in "1909"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose son contracts the disease that breaks out in "1895-1896"?
2. Who creates an invention for tarring rope?
3. In the chapter titled "1886-1887," about whom is the wife of the Baptist minister concerned?
4. In the chapter titled "1916-1924," who is missing in action?
5. In the chapter titled "1885-1886" where does Eliza go to work?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)