|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After whom does Jennifer name her first born daughter?
(a) Her mother and her husband's mother.
(b) Her husband's aunts.
(c) Her grandmother and her husband's grandmother.
(d) Her aunts.
2. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," who resigns as president of the club?
(a) Miss Pinney.
(b) Mrs. Ballard.
(c) Miss Gardiner.
(d) Mrs. Gardiner.
3. In the chapter titled "1885-1886" where does Eliza go to work?
(a) For Douglas.
(b) For Ludwig.
(c) For Tim.
(d) For her father.
4. In the chapter titled "1887-1888," what is the name of the boy who is becoming known as a bully?
5. What product do Stewart and Ludwig begin to manufacture in "1894-1895"?
(a) Coated paper.
(b) Hemp ropes.
(c) Wire clothes hangers.
(d) Plastic toys for children.
6. Who hosts a taffy pull in "1886''?
7. In the chapter titled "1916-1924," who is missing in action?
(b) Young Ludwig.
8. In the chapter titled "1894-1895," who refuses to bathe regularly?
(a) Julia's young son.
(b) The Gardiner sisters.
(c) Julia's aging, senile father.
(d) The men of Waynesboro.
9. Why do the parents of the child who stops by Anne's house after school want the child to stop?
(a) So he won't be accused of causing Anne's death.
(b) Because Anne needs a lot of rest.
(c) So she won't make too much noise at Anne's house.
(d) So she won't be alone with Anne when she dies.
10. Before her death, why does Sally ask to see Anne?
(a) To ask her forgiveness.
(b) To admit that she had an affair with John.
(c) To tell her a secret.
(d) To tell her the names of Ben's parents.
11. In "1914-1916," what does Jennifer say she is going to do to work in the war effort in Europe?
(a) Become a nurse.
(b) Become a spy.
(c) Entertain in the U.S.O.
(d) Become an Army secretary.
12. Who gets sent home from college for fighting in the chapter titled "1898"?
13. What is the outbreak on everyone's mind in the chapter titled "1895-1896"?
(d) Whooping cough.
14. How does the runaway in "1886" leave home?
(a) On foot.
(b) By train.
(c) By horse.
(d) By carriage.
15. Who graduates from high school in "1886-1887"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Belinda when she dies?
2. In "1886," who runs away from home?
3. What epidemic breaks out in "1909"?
4. In the chapter titled "1894-1895," who breaks a rib?
5. Who dies in "1892-1893"?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)