|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells her husband in "1892-1893" that she will never have another child?
2. In the chapter titled "1885-1886" where does Eliza go to work?
(a) For Tim.
(b) For her father.
(c) For Ludwig.
(d) For Douglas.
3. What illness does Belinda contract?
(a) Rheumatic fever.
(d) The plague.
4. In "1892-1893," who has recently graduated with a bachelor's degree?
5. Who begins stopping by Anne's house after school?
(a) T.J. (Tucker Junior).
(b) Sally Anne.
(d) Anne Marie.
6. To whom does Eliza leave her share of her house when she dies?
7. How does the runaway in "1886" leave home?
(a) By horse.
(b) On foot.
(c) By train.
(d) By carriage.
8. In the chapter titled "1898," what does the club celebrate with a party?
(a) Ludwig's and Sally's silver anniversary.
(b) The new member induction.
(c) The club's 30th anniversary.
(d) The lives of past members.
9. Who is with Anne when she dies?
(a) Her servant.
(b) Her granddaughter.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her niece.
10. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," who is elected to be the new president of the club?
11. Who is writing a book about her great-grandfather?
(a) Theresa Stevens.
(b) Louisa Deming.
(c) Julia Gordon.
(d) Melissa Patton.
12. In the chapter titled "1894-1895," who breaks a rib?
13. In the chapter titled "1894-1895," what additional complication develops along with the broken rib?
14. Who gets sent home from college for fighting in the chapter titled "1898"?
15. Who wants to move to Waynesboro in "1886-1887"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which club members announce engagements in the chapter titled "1892-1893"?
2. Whose son is Lowrey Edwards?
3. In "1886," who runs away from home?
4. Who, supposedly, is the person who wants to move to Waynesboro in "1886-1887"?
5. Whose death was called "the death of an old soldier"?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)