|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jennifer's mother?
2. Who tells her husband in "1892-1893" that she will never have another child?
3. Who is Anne's servant?
(a) Mary Anne.
(d) Sally Anne.
4. How old is Belinda when she dies?
5. In the chapter titled "1916-1924," who is missing in action?
(a) Young Ludwig.
6. Before her death, why does Sally ask to see Anne?
(a) To ask her forgiveness.
(b) To tell her the names of Ben's parents.
(c) To tell her a secret.
(d) To admit that she had an affair with John.
7. In the chapter titled "1916-1924," who marries Lowrey Edwards?
8. What illness does Belinda contract?
(c) The plague.
(d) Rheumatic fever.
9. In the chapter titled "1886-1887," about whom is the wife of the Baptist minister concerned?
(a) Her niece.
(b) Her nephew.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her son.
10. In the chapter titled "1913," what natural disaster in the area causes the families to worry about loved ones cut off in other parts of the region?
11. In the chapter titled "1909," who remarries someone who won't demand any of the marital bed "business?"
12. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," how old is Sally?
13. Who graduates from high school in "1886-1887"?
14. In the chapter titled "1930-1932," who admits that she is losing her ability to recall names?
15. In the chapter titled "1885-1886" where does Eliza go to work?
(a) For Ludwig.
(b) For Tim.
(c) For Douglas.
(d) For her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs into Jennifer during the war in the chapter titled "1916-1924"?
2. Whose son is Lowrey Edwards?
3. Whose son contracts the disease that breaks out in "1895-1896"?
4. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," who is elected to be the new president of the club?
5. Who is elected as club president to fill the resignation in the chapter titled "1916-1924"?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)