|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sent to Harvey Military School although his father objects?
2. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," who is elected to be the new president of the club?
3. Who is Jennifer's mother?
4. Who was the last living charter member of the club?
5. In the chapter titled "1887-1888," whose son is becoming known as a bully?
6. How old if young Ludwig when he falls in love with Melissa Patton?
7. Who are the namesakes of Doug and Barbara Gardiner's daughters?
(a) Their grandmothers.
(b) Doug's aunts.
(c) Their mothers.
(d) Barbara's sisters.
8. How old is Amanda in the chapter titled "1929?"
(c) Ninety plus.
(d) Eighty plus.
9. In the chapter titled "1916-1924," who marries Lowrey Edwards?
10. In the chapter titled "1895-1896," what change does the club want to make to the library it founded?
(a) They want to make it public and free.
(b) They want to increase the size of it.
(c) They want to offer a lecture series.
(d) They want to offer classes at the library.
11. In "1892-1893," who has recently graduated with a bachelor's degree?
12. When Jennifer returns from her European war assignment, whom does she decide to marry?
(c) Young Ludwig.
13. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," who resigns as president of the club?
(a) Miss Pinney.
(b) Miss Gardiner.
(c) Mrs. Ballard.
(d) Mrs. Gardiner.
14. What war was the United States fighting in "1898"?
(a) Civil War.
(c) French- Indian.
15. Who graduates from high school in "1886-1887"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Belinda contract?
2. In the chapter titled "1894-1895," who breaks a rib?
3. In the chapter titled "1886-1887," who is the Baptist minister's wife?
4. Amid the financial worries in the chapter titled "1895-1896," what is there talk of establishing?
5. Why does Theresa move in with Anne near the end of the novel?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)