|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "besotted" mean?
(a) Breaking out with tiny spots.
(b) Intoxicated with love.
(c) Rooted in soil.
(d) Speckled and freckled.
2. Who gets hurt at Ludwig's mill in "1878"?
(a) An unnamed employee.
3. Who ultimately begins caring for the pregnant, ill woman in "1877"?
(a) Dr. Gordon.
(b) A midwife.
(c) Dr. Blair.
(d) Her mother.
4. With whom does McCune's angry child spend a lot of time?
5. Who is not a member of the club at the end of "1877"?
(a) Anne Gordon.
(b) Eliza Ballard.
(c) Rebecca Lowrey.
(d) Louisa Deming.
6. What causes the injury that occurs in Ludwig's mill in "1878"?
(a) A heavy coil of rope.
(b) A gas line explodes.
(c) A flood.
(d) An electric line.
7. When does the pregnant, ill woman die in "1877"?
8. Who is Kitty?
(a) Rebecca's daughter.
(b) Agatha's niece.
(c) Caroline's daughter.
(d) Lavinia's niece.
9. Which of McCune's children is angry that he remarries?
10. Who opposes Rebecca's involvement in the club?
11. Where does Mr. McCune offer to take the date he tries to arrange in "1878"?
(a) A concert.
(b) A play.
(c) A movie.
(d) A lecture.
12. What causes the young man injured at Ludwig's mill to die?
(b) The severe burns.
(c) A lung disorder.
(d) Heart attack.
13. Where does Barbara Bodien work?
(a) At the new college in town.
(b) At Ludwig's company.
(c) At the store where Sheldon works.
(d) As a receptionist for John.
14. In "1877," what is Anne going to pick up in the country?
(a) A book.
15. In what year does the club hold its first meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate given after the uproar in the chapter called "1870"?
2. In "1877," which character is told to start saving for her own old age?
3. In "1875-1876," who spurs the purchase of the Waynesboro college?
4. Who is Z.F.?
5. Who is called for a second opinion regarding the pregnant, ill woman in "1877''?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)