|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following graduation, ________________are told to report to the head mistress' office.
(a) Rachel and Sally.
(b) Lavinia and Sally.
(c) Anne and Sally.
(d) Caroline and Anne.
2. Who prepares to expand an existing business in "1877?"
3. Whose place does Esther Beattie take in the club?
(a) Mrs. Crenshaw.
(b) Mrs. McCune.
(c) Mrs. Lowrey.
(d) Mrs. Robinson.
4. Who plans to teach in Waynesboro to repay her college debt?
5. Who refuses to depend on her child until absolutely necessary?
(a) Mrs. Gordon.
(b) Mrs. Reid.
(c) Mrs. Davis.
(d) Mrs. Lowery.
6. When does the pregnant, ill woman die in "1877"?
7. Who invites the Gardiner sisters to join the club?
(a) Lavinia and Thomasina.
(b) Sarah and Amanda.
(c) Caroline and Amanda.
(d) Sally and Anne.
8. Which of McCune's children is angry that he remarries?
9. Who is elected to serve as the club's first corresponding secretary and treasurer?
(a) Sally Cochran.
(b) Eliza Ballard.
(c) Rebecca Lowrey.
(d) Amanda Reid.
10. What is the first chapter of the book called?
(b) "The Club."
(c) "Graduation Day!"
(d) "Calling the Meeting to Order."
11. From where does the new lawyer in "1872" originate?
12. Who ultimately begins caring for the pregnant, ill woman in "1877"?
(a) Dr. Blair.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Dr. Gordon.
(d) A midwife.
13. What is the date of the first club meeting?
(a) September 7.
(b) August 7.
(c) October 7.
(d) November 7.
14. In "1877," which character is told to start saving for her own old age?
15. In "1877," who does the pregnant, ill woman's husband want to call?
(a) A doctor from his church.
(b) A midwife.
(c) An exorcist.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "besotted" mean?
2. Why does Ludwig hire an overseer for his mill expansion?
3. What is the young man's injury when he is hurt at Ludwig's mill in "1878"?
4. What are the Gardiner sisters' names?
5. Who gets hurt at Ludwig's mill in "1878"?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)