|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Z.F.?
(a) "That morphine addict."
(b) "That flood girl."
(c) "That hypochondriac."
(d) "That woman who hit her head."
2. Where does Barbara Bodien work?
(a) As a receptionist for John.
(b) At the store where Sheldon works.
(c) At Ludwig's company.
(d) At the new college in town.
3. Whom does Christina begin to date in "1878"?
(a) The widowed lawyer.
(c) Mr. McCune.
4. Who opposes Rebecca's involvement in the club?
5. In "1877," which character is told to start saving for her own old age?
6. From whose office does the "1879" prosecutor work?
7. In "1878" Esther, the new club member, is known as _________.
(a) Mrs. Professor Beattie.
(b) Mrs. Banker Beattie.
(c) Mrs. Artist Beattie.
(d) Mrs. Doctor Beattie.
8. Whom does Mr. McCune invite on a date?
(c) Mrs. Reid.
9. In "1875-1876," who is a widower with an eighteen-year-old daughter?
(a) Dr. Gordon.
(b) Dr. Blair.
(c) Dr. Evans.
(d) Dr. Ludwig.
10. Who invites the Gardiner sisters to join the club?
(a) Caroline and Amanda.
(b) Lavinia and Thomasina.
(c) Sarah and Amanda.
(d) Sally and Anne.
11. In the chapter "1870," who is annoyed by the one who is besotted?
12. What sends Kate into an uproar in the chapter called "1870"?
(a) She sees her father and mother duing an intimate moment.
(b) She finds her mother in the arms of a young man.
(c) She finds her father in the arms of a young woman.
(d) She finds her roommate in the arms of a young man.
13. What 18-year-old has a bout with asthma and is elected to the club in "1875-1876"?
14. In the first chapter entitled "1879," what was Kitty's physical problem?
(b) Severe asthma.
(c) Another miscarriage.
(d) Breast cancer.
15. Where does Kitty attend college?
(b) City College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate given after the uproar in the chapter called "1870"?
2. Whose place does Esther Beattie take in the club?
3. Whom does Mr. McCune soon marry?
4. Which of McCune's children is angry that he remarries?
5. Who is elected first president of the club?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)