|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the head mistress of the school?
(a) Mrs. Ballard.
(b) Mrs. Lowrey.
(c) Mrs. Deming.
(d) Mrs. Ludwig.
2. Following graduation, ________________are told to report to the head mistress' office.
(a) Caroline and Anne.
(b) Anne and Sally.
(c) Lavinia and Sally.
(d) Rachel and Sally.
3. Who is elected as the club's very first vice president?
(a) Thomasina Ballard.
(b) Mary Ballard.
(c) Rebecca Lowrey.
(d) Louisa Tucker.
4. Where is Kate found hanging?
(a) In the shed.
(b) At her mother's house.
(c) In the doctor's office.
(d) In her bedroom.
5. Who attends Oberlin College?
(a) Sarah Oberlin.
(b) Louisa Tucker.
(c) Thomasina Ballard.
(d) Amanda Reid.
6. To whom does Kate leave her house in her suicide note?
(a) Her parents.
(b) The club for a permanent meeting place.
(c) Her roommate.
(d) John and Johnny.
7. Who is called for a second opinion regarding the pregnant, ill woman in "1877''?
(a) Dr. Gordon.
(b) Dr. Blair.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A midwife.
8. Whom does Christina begin to date in "1878"?
(c) The widowed lawyer.
(d) Mr. McCune.
9. Who speaks at the 1868 graduation ceremony at the college?
(a) President Johnson.
(b) General Deming.
(c) General Lee.
(d) President Lincoln.
10. What is the name of the college where most of the characters either attend or teach?
(a) Waynesboro College for Ladies.
(b) Waynesboro Finishing School.
(c) Waynesboro Ladies' College.
(d) Waynesboro Female College.
11. What 18-year-old has a bout with asthma and is elected to the club in "1875-1876"?
12. What warning is the couple who had a miscarriage in "1877" given?
(a) Try again immediately.
(b) Wait until the new moon to try again.
(c) Never try again.
(d) Wait a while before trying again.
13. In what year does the club hold its first meeting?
14. Which former club member returns to Waynesboro in "1873-1874"?
15. With whom does McCune's angry child spend a lot of time?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "1873-1874," who is accused of mismanagement?
2. In "1875-1876," who is a widower with an eighteen-year-old daughter?
3. What does "besotted" mean?
4. In "1875-1876," who spurs the purchase of the Waynesboro college?
5. Who dies the same week Sally gives birth in "1872"?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)