|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 989 through 1100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites the Gardiner sisters to join the club?
(a) Sarah and Amanda.
(b) Caroline and Amanda.
(c) Sally and Anne.
(d) Lavinia and Thomasina.
2. What is Kate given after the uproar in the chapter called "1870"?
(a) An explanation.
(b) A spanking.
(c) An eviction notice.
(d) A sedative.
3. How old is Belinda when she dies?
4. What does "besotted" mean?
(a) Breaking out with tiny spots.
(b) Speckled and freckled.
(c) Rooted in soil.
(d) Intoxicated with love.
5. Who refuses to depend on her child until absolutely necessary?
(a) Mrs. Gordon.
(b) Mrs. Reid.
(c) Mrs. Davis.
(d) Mrs. Lowery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who resigns as club president in the chapter titled "1916-1924"?
2. Who accepts a principal position in another town when Waynesboro college is sold?
3. Who decides to go to Germany to study music as an antidote to her unrequited love?
4. How does the woman who had a miscarriage in "1877" feel?
5. In the chapter "1870," who is besotted?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)