|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 989 through 1100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter titled "1885-1886," how old is Sally?
2. Who creates an invention for tarring rope?
(a) Johnny Gordon.
(b) Stewart Bodien.
(c) Gordon Deming.
(d) Ludwig Rausch.
3. What sends Kate into an uproar in the chapter called "1870"?
(a) She sees her father and mother duing an intimate moment.
(b) She finds her roommate in the arms of a young man.
(c) She finds her father in the arms of a young woman.
(d) She finds her mother in the arms of a young man.
4. Who ultimately begins caring for the pregnant, ill woman in "1877"?
(a) A midwife.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Dr. Blair.
(d) Dr. Gordon.
5. In the chapter titled "1894-1895," who refuses to bathe regularly?
(a) Julia's young son.
(b) Julia's aging, senile father.
(c) The men of Waynesboro.
(d) The Gardiner sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What product do Stewart and Ludwig begin to manufacture in "1894-1895"?
2. How many children does Mr. McCune have?
3. To whom does Kate leave her house in her suicide note?
4. Who plans to teach in Waynesboro to repay her college debt?
5. In the chapter titled "1894-1895," who breaks a rib?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)