|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 226 through 311.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning is the couple who had a miscarriage in "1877" given?
(a) Try again immediately.
(b) Wait until the new moon to try again.
(c) Never try again.
(d) Wait a while before trying again.
2. What does "besotted" mean?
(a) Intoxicated with love.
(b) Breaking out with tiny spots.
(c) Speckled and freckled.
(d) Rooted in soil.
3. In the chapter "1870," who is annoyed by the one who is besotted?
4. To whom does Kate leave her house in her suicide note?
(a) Her parents.
(b) John and Johnny.
(c) Her roommate.
(d) The club for a permanent meeting place.
5. Whose cancer has confined her to the house in "1872"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of club do the women plan to begin?
2. Who begins to hang out with the new girl Ellen in the chapter called "1870"?
3. In "1875-1876," who is a widower with an eighteen-year-old daughter?
4. In "1877," which character is told to start saving for her own old age?
5. Who is elected as the club's very first vice president?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)