|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 683 through 987.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter titled "1895-1896," what change does the club want to make to the library it founded?
(a) They want to offer a lecture series.
(b) They want to offer classes at the library.
(c) They want to make it public and free.
(d) They want to increase the size of it.
2. In "1892-1893," who misses the fall meeting due to pregnancy?
3. Why does Ludwig hire an overseer for his mill expansion?
(a) To give the poor, old man a job.
(b) To make time for business travel.
(c) To have an additional tax write-off.
(d) To make time for more vacations.
4. Whose son contracts the disease that breaks out in "1895-1896"?
5. In the chapter titled "1894-1895," who refuses to bathe regularly?
(a) The men of Waynesboro.
(b) Julia's young son.
(c) The Gardiner sisters.
(d) Julia's aging, senile father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to hang out with the new girl Ellen in the chapter called "1870"?
2. What does Sally name her child born in "1872"?
3. In the chapter titled "1895-1896," which club member withdraws from most of her friends?
4. Whose place does Esther Beattie take in the club?
5. In the chapter "1870," who is annoyed by the one who is besotted?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)