|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sid and Nancy call Deborah?
2. Where did Sid and Nancy stop before moving to the United States?
3. Whom did the Spungens see after the coroner?
4. What Beatles song did Nancy's brother play for Sid on his guitar?
5. What did Nancy's sister bake for Sid and Nancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Sex Pistols do during concerts that made them so sensational?
2. How did Deborah feel when she found out about Sid's death?
3. How did the media cover Nancy's death?
4. How were the Spungens treated by the coroner handling Nancy case?
5. How did the POMC help Frank and Deborah come to terms with Nancy's death?
6. What did Nancy do to get off drugs?
7. After spending time with Sid and Nancy in Philadelphia, what did Deborah think of Sid and Nancy's relationship?
8. How did the psychiatrist at the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic suggest the Spungens handle Nancy's behavior upon her release?
9. What happened between Sid and Nancy in a London hotel?
10. How did the Sex Pistols become famous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Students will write an essay explaining the effect rock and roll had on Nancy Spungen. How did Nancy discover rock and roll? What lengths did Nancy go to in order to be part of the music scene? How did music bond Sid and Nancy? Would Nancy's life have been different if she had not become part of the music scene? How has the music industry perpetuated the notoriety of Sid and Nancy?
Essay Topic 2
In this essay, students will explain how the media treated the Spungens before and after Nancy's death.
1) What inquiries did the media make about Nancy while she was alive?
2) Why were the press interested in Nancy and how did she feel about the media attention?
3) How did the media treat the Spungens after Nancy's death?
4) To what extent did the media go to get ore information about Nancy?
5) How did the Spungens react to the media's attention?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that examines Sid's and Nancy's relationship. How did their relationship change from when they first met until Nancy's death? How did they treat each other? Why did Nancy stay in the relationship after it became abusive? What role did drugs play in their relationship? What attracted Nancy to Sid and vice-versa?
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)