|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sid go to launch his solo career?
2. Why was Deborah happy when she visited Nancy in her first apartment?
3. What Beatles song did Nancy's brother play for Sid on his guitar?
4. Where did Nancy need surgery when she was living in London?
5. Who forced their way into the Spungens home and left a newspaper on the floor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Spungens become involved with the Parents of Murdered Children group?
2. How were Sid and Nancy behaving when Frank delivered their belongings from London?
3. How did the psychiatrist at the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic suggest the Spungens handle Nancy's behavior upon her release?
4. What happened to Nancy's first job?
5. What did Nancy do to get off drugs?
6. What did Nancy reveal to her mother during their last phone conversation?
7. Why did Sid's mother call Deborah after Nancy's death?
8. How did Deborah describe Nancy when she saw her on TV as part of a Sex Pistols concert?
9. Why did Nancy want to hang around Sid Vicious and the Sex Pistols?
10. Why did Nancy have to leave the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that examines how Frank and Nancy Spungen were often blamed for Nancy's troubles. In your response, answer the following questions:
1) How did the medical community blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
2) How did the school system blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
3) How did the legal system, both before and after Nancy's death, blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
4) In what ways did the Spungens blame themselves for Nancy's troubles?
Essay Topic 2
How did fame fuel Sid and Nancy's destructive lives? In your response, address the following points:
1) The Sex Pistols' outrageous behavior and the fame it brought
2) Nancy's attention to Sid's fame and musical following
3) Examine the ways the media's attention perpetuated the fame surrounding Sid and Nancy.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explores the relationship between Deborah Spungen and Sid Vicious after Nancy's death. Why did Sid continue communicating with Deborah? What were his motives? How did Deborah react to Sid's communication? Was this relationship harmful or hurtful to both Deborah and Sid? What did Deborah come to understand about Sid, Nancy, and the murder after communicating with Sid?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)