|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Spungens agree to talk to the press after Nancy's murder?
2. How did Nancy's father prevent Nancy from stealing their car?
3. What did Nancy do when her friend Karen called to say her father had passed away?
4. What Beatles song did Nancy's brother play for Sid on his guitar?
5. What company did Deborah work for as the director of Mailgrams?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Nancy want to hang around Sid Vicious and the Sex Pistols?
2. What happened to Nancy's first job?
3. What happened between Sid and Nancy in a London hotel?
4. What happened to Sid's career after the Sex Pistols had broken up?
5. How was the Spungen family adjusting to life while Nancy was living in London?
6. How did the POMC help Frank and Deborah come to terms with Nancy's death?
7. How did Deborah feel when she found out about Sid's death?
8. How did the psychiatrist at the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic suggest the Spungens handle Nancy's behavior upon her release?
9. What did the Sex Pistols do during concerts that made them so sensational?
10. How were Sid and Nancy behaving when Frank delivered their belongings from London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this essay, students will explain how the media treated the Spungens before and after Nancy's death.
1) What inquiries did the media make about Nancy while she was alive?
2) Why were the press interested in Nancy and how did she feel about the media attention?
3) How did the media treat the Spungens after Nancy's death?
4) To what extent did the media go to get ore information about Nancy?
5) How did the Spungens react to the media's attention?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that examines how Frank and Nancy Spungen were often blamed for Nancy's troubles. In your response, answer the following questions:
1) How did the medical community blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
2) How did the school system blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
3) How did the legal system, both before and after Nancy's death, blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
4) In what ways did the Spungens blame themselves for Nancy's troubles?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that examines Sid's and Nancy's relationship. How did their relationship change from when they first met until Nancy's death? How did they treat each other? Why did Nancy stay in the relationship after it became abusive? What role did drugs play in their relationship? What attracted Nancy to Sid and vice-versa?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)