|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the Spungens angry at the New York coroner?
2. Whom did the Spungens see after the coroner?
3. Why was Deborah happy when she visited Nancy in her first apartment?
4. What did Nancy do when her friend Karen called to say her father had passed away?
5. What did Sid and Nancy call Deborah?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Deborah feel when she found out about Sid's death?
2. How did the Spungens become involved with the Parents of Murdered Children group?
3. How was the Spungen family adjusting to life while Nancy was living in London?
4. What happened to Sid's career after the Sex Pistols had broken up?
5. How were the Spungens treated by the coroner handling Nancy case?
6. How did the media treat Nancy as the Sex Pistols gained more fame?
7. What did Nancy do to get off drugs?
8. Describe the scene at Sid Vicious' bail hearing.
9. How were Sid and Nancy behaving when Frank delivered their belongings from London?
10. How did Nancy spend Hanukkah/Christmas before moving to London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did fame fuel Sid and Nancy's destructive lives? In your response, address the following points:
1) The Sex Pistols' outrageous behavior and the fame it brought
2) Nancy's attention to Sid's fame and musical following
3) Examine the ways the media's attention perpetuated the fame surrounding Sid and Nancy.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explores the relationship between Deborah Spungen and her daughter Nancy. How did Nancy's early medical history bond mother and daughter? Why did Deborah feel responsible for Nancy's issues? In what ways did Deborah support her daughter? Did Deborah enable Nancy's destructive behavior? What was their relationship like toward the end of Nancy's life? How did Nancy continue to confide in her mother? What responsibilities did Deborah feel towards her daughter?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that examines Sid's and Nancy's relationship. How did their relationship change from when they first met until Nancy's death? How did they treat each other? Why did Nancy stay in the relationship after it became abusive? What role did drugs play in their relationship? What attracted Nancy to Sid and vice-versa?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)