|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Nancy suppose to catch a connection on her way to London?
2. What friends did Nancy tell her parents would wreck their house while they were out for Chinese food?
3. What was the only thing that Deborah did not give away from Nancy's closet?
4. What did the police discover in Sid's and Nancy's hotel room?
5. In their last conversation, what did Nancy hint Sid was doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the POMC help Frank and Deborah come to terms with Nancy's death?
2. Why did Nancy's parents want her to move to New York?
3. What happened to Sid's career after the Sex Pistols had broken up?
4. How did the psychiatrist at the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic suggest the Spungens handle Nancy's behavior upon her release?
5. How did the media cover Nancy's death?
6. How did the judge in Nancy's driving case treat Deborah?
7. What did the Sex Pistols do during concerts that made them so sensational?
8. Describe the scene at Sid Vicious' bail hearing.
9. What did Deborah think of the letters Sid wrote her?
10. How did the Spungens become involved with the Parents of Murdered Children group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book is a biography. How would Nancy change her story if she told it? Choose one chapter from the book. Rewrite it as though it were an autobiography. Your response should include all the events, people, and places Deborah describes in the chapter but from Nancy's point of view. Keep in mind Nancy's personality, thoughts about people and places, and how her point of view is different from her mother's.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explores the relationship between Deborah Spungen and her daughter Nancy. How did Nancy's early medical history bond mother and daughter? Why did Deborah feel responsible for Nancy's issues? In what ways did Deborah support her daughter? Did Deborah enable Nancy's destructive behavior? What was their relationship like toward the end of Nancy's life? How did Nancy continue to confide in her mother? What responsibilities did Deborah feel towards her daughter?
Essay Topic 3
In this essay, students will explain how the media treated the Spungens before and after Nancy's death.
1) What inquiries did the media make about Nancy while she was alive?
2) Why were the press interested in Nancy and how did she feel about the media attention?
3) How did the media treat the Spungens after Nancy's death?
4) To what extent did the media go to get ore information about Nancy?
5) How did the Spungens react to the media's attention?
This section contains 1,348 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)