|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week was Deborah and Nancy's last conversation?
2. What spa treatment did Deborah get while on vacation with her husband and son?
3. Where did Sid and Nancy celebrate her twentieth birthday?
4. What was the name of the rock club Nancy, Karen, and Randi went to in Philadelphia?
5. Where did Sid and Nancy stay when they visited the Spungens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that examines how Frank and Nancy Spungen were often blamed for Nancy's troubles. In your response, answer the following questions:
1) How did the medical community blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
2) How did the school system blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
3) How did the legal system, both before and after Nancy's death, blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
4) In what ways did the Spungens blame themselves for Nancy's troubles?
Essay Topic 2
This book is a biography. How would Nancy change her story if she told it? Choose one chapter from the book. Rewrite it as though it were an autobiography. Your response should include all the events, people, and places Deborah describes in the chapter but from Nancy's point of view. Keep in mind Nancy's personality, thoughts about people and places, and how her point of view is different from her mother's.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that describes how the Spungens were treated by people after Nancy's murder. In your response, be sure to explain the roles of the police, coroner, district attorney, and the press. How was this treatment a pattern in the Spungens' constant search to do right by their daughter? How have their reactions to this treatment changed since Nancy's birth?
This section contains 1,412 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)