|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a London tabloid newspaper call Nancy?
2. What was Nancy's job in New York?
3. What did Nancy's brother see on Saturday Night Live that upset him?
4. How did Nancy's father prevent Nancy from stealing their car?
5. What did Nancy's sister bake for Sid and Nancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Spungens tried to commit Nancy after her arrest, what difficulties did they encounter? How did Nancy react?
2. How did the psychiatrist at the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic suggest the Spungens handle Nancy's behavior upon her release?
3. What did the Sex Pistols do during concerts that made them so sensational?
4. What did Sid tell Deborah when he called after Nancy's murder?
5. What did Nancy do to get off drugs?
6. How did the Sex Pistols become famous?
7. What happened to Sid's career after the Sex Pistols had broken up?
8. What did Deborah think of the letters Sid wrote her?
9. How did the Spungens become involved with the Parents of Murdered Children group?
10. Why did Nancy have to leave the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Students will write an essay explaining the effect rock and roll had on Nancy Spungen. How did Nancy discover rock and roll? What lengths did Nancy go to in order to be part of the music scene? How did music bond Sid and Nancy? Would Nancy's life have been different if she had not become part of the music scene? How has the music industry perpetuated the notoriety of Sid and Nancy?
Essay Topic 2
Students will examine Nancy Spungen's relationship with drugs. In your response, be sure to address the following points:
1) Nancy's early experience with drugs prescribed by doctors, even in her infancy.
2) Deborah's dependency on the medical community and drugs to alleviate Nancy's problem.
3) Nancy's and Sid's drug dependencies.
4) The role drugs played in the music scene that Nancy admired.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explores the way Frank and Deborah Spungen handled Nancy's escalating behavior. How were Frank and Deborah's approaches to Nancy different in the beginning of her life? What effect did Nancy's behavior have on Frank and Deborah's relationship? How were Frank and Deborah treated by those from whom they sought help? How did this treatment continue even in Nancy's death?
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)