|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week was Deborah and Nancy's last conversation?
2. How did Nancy react when the Spungens took Nancy to the second psychiatric hospital?
3. How did Sid communicate with Deborah after Nancy died?
4. What condition made Nancy unable to have children?
5. Where did Nancy work after she was found not guilty in her driving case?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explores the relationship between Deborah Spungen and Sid Vicious after Nancy's death. Why did Sid continue communicating with Deborah? What were his motives? How did Deborah react to Sid's communication? Was this relationship harmful or hurtful to both Deborah and Sid? What did Deborah come to understand about Sid, Nancy, and the murder after communicating with Sid?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Nancy's murder bring the Spungens closer as a family? How did Suzy and David react to Nancy's death? How did they deal with their grief? How did the Spungens support their children after Nancy's murder? How did the grief process evolve for the family?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the title of this book? In your essay, explain how Deborah got to know the line, "And I don't want to live this life." What does this quote mean? How is it significant to the life story of Nancy Spungen? Who said it? Why was it important to Deborah? Provide textual evidence from the book that supports this as an appropriate title for Nancy's life story.
This section contains 1,430 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)