|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created the Sex Pistols?
2. What was the name of Sid and Nancy's New York hotel?
3. What drug did Nancy beg her parents to give her when she was detoxing?
4. What was the only thing that Deborah did not give away from Nancy's closet?
5. Where did Sid and Nancy stay when they visited the Spungens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Nancy have to leave the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic?
2. Why did Sid's mother call Deborah after Nancy's death?
3. How did Deborah discover Nancy had been murdered?
4. How did Deborah describe Sid when she first met him?
5. How did Deborah feel when she found out about Sid's death?
6. What did the Sex Pistols do during concerts that made them so sensational?
7. What happened to Nancy's first job?
8. How did Deborah describe Nancy when she saw her on TV as part of a Sex Pistols concert?
9. How was the Spungen family adjusting to life while Nancy was living in London?
10. Why did Nancy want to hang around Sid Vicious and the Sex Pistols?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Nancy's behavior affect her family? In your response, explain the following:
1) Nancy's relationship with her parents (separately and together)
2) Influences and relationship with her siblings
3) Expense of treatments, special schools, etc
4) Ways that Nancy's behavior prevented the family from living a "normal" life.
Essay Topic 2
Students will examine Nancy Spungen's relationship with drugs. In your response, be sure to address the following points:
1) Nancy's early experience with drugs prescribed by doctors, even in her infancy.
2) Deborah's dependency on the medical community and drugs to alleviate Nancy's problem.
3) Nancy's and Sid's drug dependencies.
4) The role drugs played in the music scene that Nancy admired.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that examines how Frank and Nancy Spungen were often blamed for Nancy's troubles. In your response, answer the following questions:
1) How did the medical community blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
2) How did the school system blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
3) How did the legal system, both before and after Nancy's death, blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
4) In what ways did the Spungens blame themselves for Nancy's troubles?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)