|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nancy do when her father prevented her from taking their car?
2. What band did Nancy and Randi see backstage at a concert?
3. Whom did the judge in Nancy's juvenile case blame for her actions?
4. What did Dean Becker, Nancy's cousin, do at Nancy's funeral?
5. What was the coroner looking for when the Spungens went to identify Nancy's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. After spending time with Sid and Nancy in Philadelphia, what did Deborah think of Sid and Nancy's relationship?
2. What did the Sex Pistols do during concerts that made them so sensational?
3. When the Spungens tried to commit Nancy after her arrest, what difficulties did they encounter? How did Nancy react?
4. What happened to Nancy's first job?
5. What happened between Sid and Nancy in a London hotel?
6. How did Deborah describe Sid when she first met him?
7. How did the POMC help Frank and Deborah come to terms with Nancy's death?
8. Why did Nancy have to leave the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic?
9. How did Deborah discover Nancy had been murdered?
10. How were the Spungens treated by the coroner handling Nancy case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book is a biography. How would Nancy change her story if she told it? Choose one chapter from the book. Rewrite it as though it were an autobiography. Your response should include all the events, people, and places Deborah describes in the chapter but from Nancy's point of view. Keep in mind Nancy's personality, thoughts about people and places, and how her point of view is different from her mother's.
Essay Topic 2
Students will write an essay explaining the effect rock and roll had on Nancy Spungen. How did Nancy discover rock and roll? What lengths did Nancy go to in order to be part of the music scene? How did music bond Sid and Nancy? Would Nancy's life have been different if she had not become part of the music scene? How has the music industry perpetuated the notoriety of Sid and Nancy?
Essay Topic 3
In this essay, students will explain how the media treated the Spungens before and after Nancy's death.
1) What inquiries did the media make about Nancy while she was alive?
2) Why were the press interested in Nancy and how did she feel about the media attention?
3) How did the media treat the Spungens after Nancy's death?
4) To what extent did the media go to get ore information about Nancy?
5) How did the Spungens react to the media's attention?
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)