|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sid go to launch his solo career?
2. What band did Nancy and Randi see backstage at a concert?
3. What was the only thing that Deborah did not give away from Nancy's closet?
4. Who told Deborah that Nancy had been murdered?
5. Why did the Spungens agree to talk to the press after Nancy's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nancy spend Hanukkah/Christmas before moving to London?
2. How did Deborah describe Nancy when she saw her on TV as part of a Sex Pistols concert?
3. How did the POMC help Frank and Deborah come to terms with Nancy's death?
4. What happened to Sid's career after the Sex Pistols had broken up?
5. What happened between Sid and Nancy in a London hotel?
6. How did the psychiatrist at the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic suggest the Spungens handle Nancy's behavior upon her release?
7. How did the judge in Nancy's driving case treat Deborah?
8. How did Deborah describe Sid when she first met him?
9. What did Deborah think of the letters Sid wrote her?
10. How did the media treat Nancy as the Sex Pistols gained more fame?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Students will write an essay explaining the effect rock and roll had on Nancy Spungen. How did Nancy discover rock and roll? What lengths did Nancy go to in order to be part of the music scene? How did music bond Sid and Nancy? Would Nancy's life have been different if she had not become part of the music scene? How has the music industry perpetuated the notoriety of Sid and Nancy?
Essay Topic 2
How did Nancy's behavior affect her family? In your response, explain the following:
1) Nancy's relationship with her parents (separately and together)
2) Influences and relationship with her siblings
3) Expense of treatments, special schools, etc
4) Ways that Nancy's behavior prevented the family from living a "normal" life.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that examines how Frank and Nancy Spungen were often blamed for Nancy's troubles. In your response, answer the following questions:
1) How did the medical community blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
2) How did the school system blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
3) How did the legal system, both before and after Nancy's death, blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
4) In what ways did the Spungens blame themselves for Nancy's troubles?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)