|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the rock club Nancy, Karen, and Randi went to in Philadelphia?
2. In their last conversation, what did Nancy hint Sid was doing?
3. Where did Nancy first want to go to detox?
4. What drug was Deborah taking to sleep after Nancy's death?
5. What drug did Nancy beg her parents to give her when she was detoxing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Deborah describe Sid when she first met him?
2. How did the media cover Nancy's death?
3. What did Nancy do to get off drugs?
4. How did Nancy spend Hanukkah/Christmas before moving to London?
5. How did the psychiatrist at the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic suggest the Spungens handle Nancy's behavior upon her release?
6. After spending time with Sid and Nancy in Philadelphia, what did Deborah think of Sid and Nancy's relationship?
7. What happened between Sid and Nancy in a London hotel?
8. What did the Sex Pistols do during concerts that made them so sensational?
9. Why did Nancy want to hang around Sid Vicious and the Sex Pistols?
10. What did Deborah think of the letters Sid wrote her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Students will write an essay explaining the effect rock and roll had on Nancy Spungen. How did Nancy discover rock and roll? What lengths did Nancy go to in order to be part of the music scene? How did music bond Sid and Nancy? Would Nancy's life have been different if she had not become part of the music scene? How has the music industry perpetuated the notoriety of Sid and Nancy?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Nancy's experiences in school. In your essay, be sure to address the following:
1) All the schools Nancy attended and the affect they had on her behavior
2) How school administrators treated Nancy's behavior
3) Life in college
4) Nancy's high intelligence and how she felt about school
5) Ways that Nancy educated herself.
Essay Topic 3
What did Deborah ultimately come to understand about Nancy's death? In your response, answer the following questions:
1) What role did Deborah assume Sid had in Nancy's murder?
2) What evidence supported Deborah's assumptions about Sid's involvement (use text evidence about Nancy and Sid's relationship)
3) How and why did her feelings about Sid's involvement change over time?
4) What evidence did Deborah provide (throughout the book) that supports Sid's claims that Nancy wanted to die?
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)