|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nancy's brother see on Saturday Night Live that upset him?
2. What did Nancy do when her father prevented her from taking their car?
3. What day of the week was Deborah and Nancy's last conversation?
4. How was Nancy murdered?
5. What talk show host made jokes about Sid and Nancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sid's mother call Deborah after Nancy's death?
2. How did Deborah discover Nancy had been murdered?
3. When the Spungens tried to commit Nancy after her arrest, what difficulties did they encounter? How did Nancy react?
4. How was the Spungen family adjusting to life while Nancy was living in London?
5. Describe the scene at Sid Vicious' bail hearing.
6. What did the Sex Pistols do during concerts that made them so sensational?
7. How did Deborah describe Nancy when she saw her on TV as part of a Sex Pistols concert?
8. How did Deborah describe Sid when she first met him?
9. Why did Nancy have to leave the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic?
10. What did Deborah think of the letters Sid wrote her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explores the Spungens' involvement with the Parents of Murdered Children group. In your essay, be sure to answer the following questions:
1) How did the POMC help Frank and Deborah grieve?
2) Why did Deborah want to help other families?
3) How did the POMC support families of murdered children?
Essay Topic 2
How did fame fuel Sid and Nancy's destructive lives? In your response, address the following points:
1) The Sex Pistols' outrageous behavior and the fame it brought
2) Nancy's attention to Sid's fame and musical following
3) Examine the ways the media's attention perpetuated the fame surrounding Sid and Nancy.
Essay Topic 3
What steps did the Spungens take to help other "Nancys"? Why did the Spungens want to help others? How did they provide emotional support to families who were touched by their child's murder? How did Frank and Deborah provide financial support to families struggling with drugs?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)