|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the rock club Nancy, Karen, and Randi went to in Philadelphia?
2. Why did the Spungens agree to talk to the press after Nancy's murder?
3. Where did Sid go to launch his solo career?
4. How did Sid communicate with Deborah after Nancy died?
5. Where did Sid and Nancy stay when they visited the Spungens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Sex Pistols do during concerts that made them so sensational?
2. How were the Spungens treated by the coroner handling Nancy case?
3. What did Deborah think of the letters Sid wrote her?
4. Why did Nancy's parents want her to move to New York?
5. How did the media cover Nancy's death?
6. How did Nancy spend Hanukkah/Christmas before moving to London?
7. How did the Spungens become involved with the Parents of Murdered Children group?
8. How was the Spungen family adjusting to life while Nancy was living in London?
9. What happened to Sid's career after the Sex Pistols had broken up?
10. How did Deborah feel when she found out about Sid's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did Nancy's murder bring the Spungens closer as a family? How did Suzy and David react to Nancy's death? How did they deal with their grief? How did the Spungens support their children after Nancy's murder? How did the grief process evolve for the family?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the title of this book? In your essay, explain how Deborah got to know the line, "And I don't want to live this life." What does this quote mean? How is it significant to the life story of Nancy Spungen? Who said it? Why was it important to Deborah? Provide textual evidence from the book that supports this as an appropriate title for Nancy's life story.
Essay Topic 3
How did fame fuel Sid and Nancy's destructive lives? In your response, address the following points:
1) The Sex Pistols' outrageous behavior and the fame it brought
2) Nancy's attention to Sid's fame and musical following
3) Examine the ways the media's attention perpetuated the fame surrounding Sid and Nancy.
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)