|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Sid and Nancy live with his mom?
2. What is the name of the parent grief group that Deborah and Frank became involved with after Nancy's murder?
3. What was the name of the rock club Nancy, Karen, and Randi went to in Philadelphia?
4. What did Deborah suspect was the motive for Sid and Nancy's marriage?
5. Who told Deborah that Nancy had been murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nancy spend Hanukkah/Christmas before moving to London?
2. How were the Spungens treated by the coroner handling Nancy case?
3. What happened to Sid's career after the Sex Pistols had broken up?
4. How did Deborah discover Nancy had been murdered?
5. What did Nancy reveal to her mother during their last phone conversation?
6. How did the Sex Pistols become famous?
7. How did the psychiatrist at the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic suggest the Spungens handle Nancy's behavior upon her release?
8. How did the Spungens become involved with the Parents of Murdered Children group?
9. Why did Nancy have to leave the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic?
10. Why did Sid's mother call Deborah after Nancy's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Students will write an essay explaining the effect rock and roll had on Nancy Spungen. How did Nancy discover rock and roll? What lengths did Nancy go to in order to be part of the music scene? How did music bond Sid and Nancy? Would Nancy's life have been different if she had not become part of the music scene? How has the music industry perpetuated the notoriety of Sid and Nancy?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the title of this book? In your essay, explain how Deborah got to know the line, "And I don't want to live this life." What does this quote mean? How is it significant to the life story of Nancy Spungen? Who said it? Why was it important to Deborah? Provide textual evidence from the book that supports this as an appropriate title for Nancy's life story.
Essay Topic 3
How did fame fuel Sid and Nancy's destructive lives? In your response, address the following points:
1) The Sex Pistols' outrageous behavior and the fame it brought
2) Nancy's attention to Sid's fame and musical following
3) Examine the ways the media's attention perpetuated the fame surrounding Sid and Nancy.
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)