|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sid and Nancy stay when they visited the Spungens?
2. What drug did Nancy beg her parents to give her when she was detoxing?
3. Where did Sid and Nancy stop before moving to the United States?
4. How did Sid communicate with Deborah after Nancy died?
5. What did Dean Becker, Nancy's cousin, do at Nancy's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. After spending time with Sid and Nancy in Philadelphia, what did Deborah think of Sid and Nancy's relationship?
2. How did the media cover Nancy's death?
3. How did the judge in Nancy's driving case treat Deborah?
4. Why did Nancy have to leave the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic?
5. What happened to Sid's career after the Sex Pistols had broken up?
6. How did the POMC help Frank and Deborah come to terms with Nancy's death?
7. How did the media treat Nancy as the Sex Pistols gained more fame?
8. What did Nancy do to get off drugs?
9. How did Nancy spend Hanukkah/Christmas before moving to London?
10. What did Sid tell Deborah when he called after Nancy's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Students will write an essay explaining the effect rock and roll had on Nancy Spungen. How did Nancy discover rock and roll? What lengths did Nancy go to in order to be part of the music scene? How did music bond Sid and Nancy? Would Nancy's life have been different if she had not become part of the music scene? How has the music industry perpetuated the notoriety of Sid and Nancy?
Essay Topic 2
In this essay, students will explain how the media treated the Spungens before and after Nancy's death.
1) What inquiries did the media make about Nancy while she was alive?
2) Why were the press interested in Nancy and how did she feel about the media attention?
3) How did the media treat the Spungens after Nancy's death?
4) To what extent did the media go to get ore information about Nancy?
5) How did the Spungens react to the media's attention?
Essay Topic 3
This book is a biography. How would Nancy change her story if she told it? Choose one chapter from the book. Rewrite it as though it were an autobiography. Your response should include all the events, people, and places Deborah describes in the chapter but from Nancy's point of view. Keep in mind Nancy's personality, thoughts about people and places, and how her point of view is different from her mother's.
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)