|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Sid Vicious die?
2. How old was Nancy when her parents got her an apartment in another state?
3. How long did Sid and Nancy live with his mom?
4. Who created the Sex Pistols?
5. What news publication did the Spungens finally speak to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the psychiatrist at the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic suggest the Spungens handle Nancy's behavior upon her release?
2. Describe the scene at Sid Vicious' bail hearing.
3. How were the Spungens treated by the coroner handling Nancy case?
4. How did the Spungens become involved with the Parents of Murdered Children group?
5. How did the judge in Nancy's driving case treat Deborah?
6. When the Spungens tried to commit Nancy after her arrest, what difficulties did they encounter? How did Nancy react?
7. How did the media treat Nancy as the Sex Pistols gained more fame?
8. How did Deborah discover Nancy had been murdered?
9. What happened to Nancy's first job?
10. How did Deborah describe Nancy when she saw her on TV as part of a Sex Pistols concert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Students will write an essay explaining the effect rock and roll had on Nancy Spungen. How did Nancy discover rock and roll? What lengths did Nancy go to in order to be part of the music scene? How did music bond Sid and Nancy? Would Nancy's life have been different if she had not become part of the music scene? How has the music industry perpetuated the notoriety of Sid and Nancy?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explores the way Frank and Deborah Spungen handled Nancy's escalating behavior. How were Frank and Deborah's approaches to Nancy different in the beginning of her life? What effect did Nancy's behavior have on Frank and Deborah's relationship? How were Frank and Deborah treated by those from whom they sought help? How did this treatment continue even in Nancy's death?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explores the relationship between Deborah Spungen and her daughter Nancy. How did Nancy's early medical history bond mother and daughter? Why did Deborah feel responsible for Nancy's issues? In what ways did Deborah support her daughter? Did Deborah enable Nancy's destructive behavior? What was their relationship like toward the end of Nancy's life? How did Nancy continue to confide in her mother? What responsibilities did Deborah feel towards her daughter?
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)