|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing that Deborah did not give away from Nancy's closet?
2. What drug did Nancy beg her parents to give her when she was detoxing?
3. What instrument did Nancy tell her mom she was playing in an all girl band?
4. Whom did Nancy give her record collection to when she left for London?
5. What Beatles song did Nancy's brother play for Sid on his guitar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Sid and Nancy behaving when Frank delivered their belongings from London?
2. How did the POMC help Frank and Deborah come to terms with Nancy's death?
3. What happened to Nancy's first job?
4. Why did Nancy's parents want her to move to New York?
5. What did Deborah think of the letters Sid wrote her?
6. When the Spungens tried to commit Nancy after her arrest, what difficulties did they encounter? How did Nancy react?
7. What happened to Sid's career after the Sex Pistols had broken up?
8. How were the Spungens treated by the coroner handling Nancy case?
9. What did Nancy do to get off drugs?
10. How did the psychiatrist at the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic suggest the Spungens handle Nancy's behavior upon her release?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Students will examine Nancy Spungen's relationship with drugs. In your response, be sure to address the following points:
1) Nancy's early experience with drugs prescribed by doctors, even in her infancy.
2) Deborah's dependency on the medical community and drugs to alleviate Nancy's problem.
3) Nancy's and Sid's drug dependencies.
4) The role drugs played in the music scene that Nancy admired.
Essay Topic 2
How were the Spungens let down by the medical community? In your response, be sure to address the following:
1) In what ways did the Spungens reach out to the medical community?
2) How did the medical community respond to the Spungens' call for help?
3) How was Nancy treated by the medical community?
4) Would Nancy's life have been different if the medical community had acted differently?
Essay Topic 3
What steps did the Spungens take to help other "Nancys"? Why did the Spungens want to help others? How did they provide emotional support to families who were touched by their child's murder? How did Frank and Deborah provide financial support to families struggling with drugs?
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)