|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Spungens agree to talk to the press after Nancy's murder?
2. What Philadelphia club was Sid suppose to play at after Nancy's murder?
3. Why was the Sex Pistols' United States tour canceled?
4. What was the name of the Sex Pistols' first album?
5. What band did Sid want see on the TV when he was visiting the Spungens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Sid and Nancy behaving when Frank delivered their belongings from London?
2. Describe the scene at Sid Vicious' bail hearing.
3. After spending time with Sid and Nancy in Philadelphia, what did Deborah think of Sid and Nancy's relationship?
4. How did the judge in Nancy's driving case treat Deborah?
5. What happened to Sid's career after the Sex Pistols had broken up?
6. When the Spungens tried to commit Nancy after her arrest, what difficulties did they encounter? How did Nancy react?
7. What did Nancy reveal to her mother during their last phone conversation?
8. What did the Sex Pistols do during concerts that made them so sensational?
9. Why did Nancy have to leave the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic?
10. How did the Spungens become involved with the Parents of Murdered Children group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Nancy's behavior affect her family? In your response, explain the following:
1) Nancy's relationship with her parents (separately and together)
2) Influences and relationship with her siblings
3) Expense of treatments, special schools, etc
4) Ways that Nancy's behavior prevented the family from living a "normal" life.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explores the relationship between Deborah Spungen and Sid Vicious after Nancy's death. Why did Sid continue communicating with Deborah? What were his motives? How did Deborah react to Sid's communication? Was this relationship harmful or hurtful to both Deborah and Sid? What did Deborah come to understand about Sid, Nancy, and the murder after communicating with Sid?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the title of this book? In your essay, explain how Deborah got to know the line, "And I don't want to live this life." What does this quote mean? How is it significant to the life story of Nancy Spungen? Who said it? Why was it important to Deborah? Provide textual evidence from the book that supports this as an appropriate title for Nancy's life story.
This section contains 1,458 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)