|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the judge in Nancy's juvenile case blame for her actions?
2. Who created the Sex Pistols?
3. What company did Deborah work for as the director of Mailgrams?
4. Whom did Nancy give her record collection to when she left for London?
5. Why did the Spungens wear a black cloth button at Nancy's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Sid and Nancy behaving when Frank delivered their belongings from London?
2. How did Deborah feel when she found out about Sid's death?
3. When the Spungens tried to commit Nancy after her arrest, what difficulties did they encounter? How did Nancy react?
4. Why did Nancy want to hang around Sid Vicious and the Sex Pistols?
5. What did Sid tell Deborah when he called after Nancy's murder?
6. How did the judge in Nancy's driving case treat Deborah?
7. How did Deborah describe Nancy when she saw her on TV as part of a Sex Pistols concert?
8. Why did Nancy have to leave the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic?
9. After spending time with Sid and Nancy in Philadelphia, what did Deborah think of Sid and Nancy's relationship?
10. How did Nancy spend Hanukkah/Christmas before moving to London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the title of this book? In your essay, explain how Deborah got to know the line, "And I don't want to live this life." What does this quote mean? How is it significant to the life story of Nancy Spungen? Who said it? Why was it important to Deborah? Provide textual evidence from the book that supports this as an appropriate title for Nancy's life story.
Essay Topic 2
Students will write an essay explaining the effect rock and roll had on Nancy Spungen. How did Nancy discover rock and roll? What lengths did Nancy go to in order to be part of the music scene? How did music bond Sid and Nancy? Would Nancy's life have been different if she had not become part of the music scene? How has the music industry perpetuated the notoriety of Sid and Nancy?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explores the way Frank and Deborah Spungen handled Nancy's escalating behavior. How were Frank and Deborah's approaches to Nancy different in the beginning of her life? What effect did Nancy's behavior have on Frank and Deborah's relationship? How were Frank and Deborah treated by those from whom they sought help? How did this treatment continue even in Nancy's death?
This section contains 1,425 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)