Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the press contact from Deborah's life to try and get more information about Nancy?
2. Why wasn't Nancy with Sid Vicious on his United States tour?
3. Where did the Spungen family get away for the weekend following Nancy's murder?
4. What friends did Nancy tell her parents would wreck their house while they were out for Chinese food?
5. How did Nancy hurt her ear?
Essay Topic 1
In this essay, students will explain how the media treated the Spungens before and after Nancy's death.
1) What inquiries did the media make about Nancy while she was alive?
2) Why were the press interested in Nancy and how did she feel about the media attention?
3) How did the media treat the Spungens after Nancy's death?
4) To what extent did the media go to get ore information about Nancy?
5) How did the Spungens react to the media's attention?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that examines how Frank and Nancy Spungen were often blamed for Nancy's troubles. In your response, answer the following questions:
1) How did the medical community blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
2) How did the school system blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
3) How did the legal system, both before and after Nancy's death, blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
4) In what ways did the Spungens blame themselves for Nancy's troubles?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explores the relationship between Deborah Spungen and her daughter Nancy. How did Nancy's early medical history bond mother and daughter? Why did Deborah feel responsible for Nancy's issues? In what ways did Deborah support her daughter? Did Deborah enable Nancy's destructive behavior? What was their relationship like toward the end of Nancy's life? How did Nancy continue to confide in her mother? What responsibilities did Deborah feel towards her daughter?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)