|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was the following was NOT one of the gifts Nancy's parents bought her when they visited New York for the holidays?
2. Where did Sid and Nancy stop before moving to the United States?
3. Why was Deborah happy when she visited Nancy in her first apartment?
4. What band did Sid want see on the TV when he was visiting the Spungens?
5. Where did Nancy need surgery when she was living in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Deborah describe Nancy when she saw her on TV as part of a Sex Pistols concert?
2. How did the Sex Pistols become famous?
3. How did Nancy spend Hanukkah/Christmas before moving to London?
4. How did the POMC help Frank and Deborah come to terms with Nancy's death?
5. How did Deborah discover Nancy had been murdered?
6. After spending time with Sid and Nancy in Philadelphia, what did Deborah think of Sid and Nancy's relationship?
7. How was the Spungen family adjusting to life while Nancy was living in London?
8. What happened between Sid and Nancy in a London hotel?
9. How did Deborah feel when she found out about Sid's death?
10. What happened to Nancy's first job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Nancy's experiences in school. In your essay, be sure to address the following:
1) All the schools Nancy attended and the affect they had on her behavior
2) How school administrators treated Nancy's behavior
3) Life in college
4) Nancy's high intelligence and how she felt about school
5) Ways that Nancy educated herself.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Nancy's murder bring the Spungens closer as a family? How did Suzy and David react to Nancy's death? How did they deal with their grief? How did the Spungens support their children after Nancy's murder? How did the grief process evolve for the family?
Essay Topic 3
How did Nancy's behavior affect her family? In your response, explain the following:
1) Nancy's relationship with her parents (separately and together)
2) Influences and relationship with her siblings
3) Expense of treatments, special schools, etc
4) Ways that Nancy's behavior prevented the family from living a "normal" life.
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)