|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sid and Nancy stay when they visited the Spungens?
2. What Philadelphia club was Sid suppose to play at after Nancy's murder?
3. What drug did Nancy beg her parents to give her when she was detoxing?
4. What kind of treatment program did Nancy attend when she was in New York?
5. Whom did the Spungens see after the coroner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Deborah describe Nancy when she saw her on TV as part of a Sex Pistols concert?
2. What happened between Sid and Nancy in a London hotel?
3. How did the media treat Nancy as the Sex Pistols gained more fame?
4. When the Spungens tried to commit Nancy after her arrest, what difficulties did they encounter? How did Nancy react?
5. What did Nancy reveal to her mother during their last phone conversation?
6. After spending time with Sid and Nancy in Philadelphia, what did Deborah think of Sid and Nancy's relationship?
7. What did Sid tell Deborah when he called after Nancy's murder?
8. How did Nancy spend Hanukkah/Christmas before moving to London?
9. How did Deborah describe Sid when she first met him?
10. How did the media cover Nancy's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that describes how the Spungens were treated by people after Nancy's murder. In your response, be sure to explain the roles of the police, coroner, district attorney, and the press. How was this treatment a pattern in the Spungens' constant search to do right by their daughter? How have their reactions to this treatment changed since Nancy's birth?
Essay Topic 2
How did Nancy's behavior affect her family? In your response, explain the following:
1) Nancy's relationship with her parents (separately and together)
2) Influences and relationship with her siblings
3) Expense of treatments, special schools, etc
4) Ways that Nancy's behavior prevented the family from living a "normal" life.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Nancy's experiences in school. In your essay, be sure to address the following:
1) All the schools Nancy attended and the affect they had on her behavior
2) How school administrators treated Nancy's behavior
3) Life in college
4) Nancy's high intelligence and how she felt about school
5) Ways that Nancy educated herself.
This section contains 1,357 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)