|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marital problems did the Spungens encounter?
2. Where was Nancy's nursery?
3. What was the name of the Spungens' family pet?
4. Where did Deborah take Nancy when she hyperventilated after getting frustrated when making a bracelet?
5. Where did Nancy briefly attend college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nancy's relationship with Jeff improve her behavior?
2. Why was Nancy arrested in Colorado, and how did her parents rescue her?
3. In what ways did Nancy control the house as a small child?
4. What was Nancy's final year at Lakeside like?
5. What was Nancy's relationship like with the Bebees, and how did she react when they were no longer with her?
6. Why was Deborah upset with Nancy's treatment at the Lakeside Campus?
7. What did Nancy do in New York to defy her parents, and how did they react?
8. How did Nancy respond when she was first introduced to rock and roll?
9. How was Nancy's behavior after the birth of her brother different than her actions after her sister was born? What does this suggest about her behavior?
10. What did Nancy declare to her parents in Chapter 12 about her death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Nancy's experiences in school. In your essay, be sure to address the following:
1) All the schools Nancy attended and the affect they had on her behavior
2) How school administrators treated Nancy's behavior
3) Life in college
4) Nancy's high intelligence and how she felt about school
5) Ways that Nancy educated herself.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Nancy's murder bring the Spungens closer as a family? How did Suzy and David react to Nancy's death? How did they deal with their grief? How did the Spungens support their children after Nancy's murder? How did the grief process evolve for the family?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explores the Spungens' involvement with the Parents of Murdered Children group. In your essay, be sure to answer the following questions:
1) How did the POMC help Frank and Deborah grieve?
2) Why did Deborah want to help other families?
3) How did the POMC support families of murdered children?
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)