|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Nancy leaving when she got into an accident in her mom's car?
2. Who was Mr. Grant?
3. What high school event did Nancy attend wearing a new dress?
4. What did Deborah contemplate doing following Nancy's death?
5. How did Deborah's doctors react to her concerns about Nancy when she was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Nancy declare to her parents in Chapter 12 about her death?
2. Why was Deborah upset with Nancy's treatment at the Lakeside Campus?
3. How did doctors respond to Deborah when she voiced concern over Nancy's medical issues as an infant?
4. How did Deborah's mother feel about her pregnancy with Nancy?
5. How did Nancy's relationship with Jeff improve her behavior?
6. Why did Deborah feel so bonded to Nancy when she was first born?
7. How did Nancy respond when she was first introduced to rock and roll?
8. How was Nancy's behavior after the birth of her brother different than her actions after her sister was born? What does this suggest about her behavior?
9. What was the Darlington Institute?
10. How did the media and press affect Deborah's grief?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Deborah ultimately come to understand about Nancy's death? In your response, answer the following questions:
1) What role did Deborah assume Sid had in Nancy's murder?
2) What evidence supported Deborah's assumptions about Sid's involvement (use text evidence about Nancy and Sid's relationship)
3) How and why did her feelings about Sid's involvement change over time?
4) What evidence did Deborah provide (throughout the book) that supports Sid's claims that Nancy wanted to die?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explores the relationship between Deborah Spungen and Sid Vicious after Nancy's death. Why did Sid continue communicating with Deborah? What were his motives? How did Deborah react to Sid's communication? Was this relationship harmful or hurtful to both Deborah and Sid? What did Deborah come to understand about Sid, Nancy, and the murder after communicating with Sid?
Essay Topic 3
Students will write an essay explaining the effect rock and roll had on Nancy Spungen. How did Nancy discover rock and roll? What lengths did Nancy go to in order to be part of the music scene? How did music bond Sid and Nancy? Would Nancy's life have been different if she had not become part of the music scene? How has the music industry perpetuated the notoriety of Sid and Nancy?
This section contains 1,349 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)