|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank Spungen took business trips to ___________.
2. Who was the main person in charge at the second school Nancy attended?
3. How did Nancy's brother break his leg?
4. Where did Deborah take Nancy when she hyperventilated after getting frustrated when making a bracelet?
5. What marital problems did the Spungens encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Nancy do in New York to defy her parents, and how did they react?
2. How were Sid and Nancy behaving when Frank delivered their belongings from London?
3. What medical issues did Nancy face when she was first born?
4. How did Deborah discover Nancy had been murdered?
5. In what ways did Nancy control the house as a small child?
6. After spending time with Sid and Nancy in Philadelphia, what did Deborah think of Sid and Nancy's relationship?
7. How were the Spungens treated by the coroner handling Nancy case?
8. What did the Sex Pistols do during concerts that made them so sensational?
9. How did Deborah describe Sid when she first met him?
10. Why did Nancy have to leave the Suburban Psychiatric Clinic?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that examines how Frank and Nancy Spungen were often blamed for Nancy's troubles. In your response, answer the following questions:
1) How did the medical community blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
2) How did the school system blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
3) How did the legal system, both before and after Nancy's death, blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
4) In what ways did the Spungens blame themselves for Nancy's troubles?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that describes how the Spungens were treated by people after Nancy's murder. In your response, be sure to explain the roles of the police, coroner, district attorney, and the press. How was this treatment a pattern in the Spungens' constant search to do right by their daughter? How have their reactions to this treatment changed since Nancy's birth?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explores the way Frank and Deborah Spungen handled Nancy's escalating behavior. How were Frank and Deborah's approaches to Nancy different in the beginning of her life? What effect did Nancy's behavior have on Frank and Deborah's relationship? How were Frank and Deborah treated by those from whom they sought help? How did this treatment continue even in Nancy's death?
This section contains 2,381 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)