|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Nancy leaving when she got into an accident in her mom's car?
2. How did Deborah describe Nancy's state of mind when she tried to throw a pet down the stairs?
3. How old was Nancy when she graduated from high school?
4. What advice did Mrs.Taylor give Deborah to help her feel better about a fussy baby?
5. Where did Deborah take Nancy when she hyperventilated after getting frustrated when making a bracelet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Sid and Nancy behaving when Frank delivered their belongings from London?
2. How did Nancy's relationship with Jeff improve her behavior?
3. What did Deborah think of the letters Sid wrote her?
4. How did Nancy's time at the Lakeside Campus of the Darlington school system change her behavior?
5. What happened to Nancy's first job?
6. How did Nancy react when her sister was born?
7. How did the media treat Nancy as the Sex Pistols gained more fame?
8. Right before Nancy started school, what did her parents and doctors believe Nancy needed in order to help her behavior? Why were the Spungens so willing to accept this as truth?
9. How was the Spungen family adjusting to life while Nancy was living in London?
10. What did Nancy do to get off drugs?
Essay Topic 1
Students will write an essay explaining the effect rock and roll had on Nancy Spungen. How did Nancy discover rock and roll? What lengths did Nancy go to in order to be part of the music scene? How did music bond Sid and Nancy? Would Nancy's life have been different if she had not become part of the music scene? How has the music industry perpetuated the notoriety of Sid and Nancy?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that examines how Frank and Nancy Spungen were often blamed for Nancy's troubles. In your response, answer the following questions:
1) How did the medical community blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
2) How did the school system blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
3) How did the legal system, both before and after Nancy's death, blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
4) In what ways did the Spungens blame themselves for Nancy's troubles?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the title of this book? In your essay, explain how Deborah got to know the line, "And I don't want to live this life." What does this quote mean? How is it significant to the life story of Nancy Spungen? Who said it? Why was it important to Deborah? Provide textual evidence from the book that supports this as an appropriate title for Nancy's life story.
This section contains 2,338 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)