|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Spungens demand the psychiatric hospital to do when they realized Nancy was in the wrong ward?
2. What marital problems did the Spungens encounter?
3. Where did Deborah take Nancy when she hyperventilated after getting frustrated when making a bracelet?
4. What advice did Mrs.Taylor give Deborah to help her feel better about a fussy baby?
5. How did Nancy get home when she ran away from the residential facility?
Short Essay Questions
1. What medical issues did Nancy face when she was first born?
2. In what ways did Nancy control the house as a small child?
3. Why did Nancy get angry with her mother when she bought a box of Saran Wrap? What did she do in response?
4. What did David and Suzy reveal to the parents about their own drug use?
5. How did Nancy's time at the Lakeside Campus of the Darlington school system change her behavior?
6. How did Deborah's mother feel about her pregnancy with Nancy?
7. What did the neurologist find when he tested Nancy at her allergist's recommendation?
8. Why did Deborah feel so bonded to Nancy when she was first born?
9. Right before Nancy started school, what did her parents and doctors believe Nancy needed in order to help her behavior? Why were the Spungens so willing to accept this as truth?
10. What did Nancy declare to her parents in Chapter 12 about her death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Students will write an essay explaining the effect rock and roll had on Nancy Spungen. How did Nancy discover rock and roll? What lengths did Nancy go to in order to be part of the music scene? How did music bond Sid and Nancy? Would Nancy's life have been different if she had not become part of the music scene? How has the music industry perpetuated the notoriety of Sid and Nancy?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explores the way Frank and Deborah Spungen handled Nancy's escalating behavior. How were Frank and Deborah's approaches to Nancy different in the beginning of her life? What effect did Nancy's behavior have on Frank and Deborah's relationship? How were Frank and Deborah treated by those from whom they sought help? How did this treatment continue even in Nancy's death?
Essay Topic 3
How were the Spungens let down by the medical community? In your response, be sure to address the following:
1) In what ways did the Spungens reach out to the medical community?
2) How did the medical community respond to the Spungens' call for help?
3) How was Nancy treated by the medical community?
4) Would Nancy's life have been different if the medical community had acted differently?
This section contains 1,370 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)