|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nancy avoid time in the juvenile facility until her car case was heard?
2. Why did Nancy have to leave college after just a few months?
3. Whom did Nancy try to stab when her parents were out of town?
4. Whose office did Nancy destroy in a fit of rage?
5. Who helped Nancy's parents buy a semi-detached house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the media treat Nancy as the Sex Pistols gained more fame?
2. How did the POMC help Frank and Deborah come to terms with Nancy's death?
3. Why did Deborah feel so bonded to Nancy when she was first born?
4. What was the Darlington Institute?
5. Right before Nancy started school, what did her parents and doctors believe Nancy needed in order to help her behavior? Why were the Spungens so willing to accept this as truth?
6. What did Nancy reveal to her mother during their last phone conversation?
7. How did Deborah describe Sid when she first met him?
8. How did Nancy spend Hanukkah/Christmas before moving to London?
9. What was Nancy's final year at Lakeside like?
10. What did the neurologist find when he tested Nancy at her allergist's recommendation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did Nancy's murder bring the Spungens closer as a family? How did Suzy and David react to Nancy's death? How did they deal with their grief? How did the Spungens support their children after Nancy's murder? How did the grief process evolve for the family?
Essay Topic 2
This book is a biography. How would Nancy change her story if she told it? Choose one chapter from the book. Rewrite it as though it were an autobiography. Your response should include all the events, people, and places Deborah describes in the chapter but from Nancy's point of view. Keep in mind Nancy's personality, thoughts about people and places, and how her point of view is different from her mother's.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explores the way Frank and Deborah Spungen handled Nancy's escalating behavior. How were Frank and Deborah's approaches to Nancy different in the beginning of her life? What effect did Nancy's behavior have on Frank and Deborah's relationship? How were Frank and Deborah treated by those from whom they sought help? How did this treatment continue even in Nancy's death?
This section contains 2,389 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)