|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nancy have to do before attending college?
2. What did Nancy do to her brother when she acted violently toward him?
3. What medical condition did Frank's parents suffer while Nancy was at the residential facility?
4. Whom did Nancy try to stab when her parents were out of town?
5. How did Nancy react to the medication she took after a throat infection?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Deborah do for work when David started nursery school?
2. What did Nancy reveal to her mother during their last phone conversation?
3. Why did Deborah feel so bonded to Nancy when she was first born?
4. How did Nancy's time at the Lakeside Campus of the Darlington school system change her behavior?
5. What did David and Suzy reveal to the parents about their own drug use?
6. Why was Deborah upset with Nancy's treatment at the Lakeside Campus?
7. How did Deborah describe Nancy when she saw her on TV as part of a Sex Pistols concert?
8. Where was Nancy placed after she attacked her mother with a hammer, and how did the Spungens feel about her placement?
9. What did Nancy do to get off drugs?
10. When the Spungens tried to commit Nancy after her arrest, what difficulties did they encounter? How did Nancy react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that examines how Frank and Nancy Spungen were often blamed for Nancy's troubles. In your response, answer the following questions:
1) How did the medical community blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
2) How did the school system blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
3) How did the legal system, both before and after Nancy's death, blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
4) In what ways did the Spungens blame themselves for Nancy's troubles?
Essay Topic 2
How did fame fuel Sid and Nancy's destructive lives? In your response, address the following points:
1) The Sex Pistols' outrageous behavior and the fame it brought
2) Nancy's attention to Sid's fame and musical following
3) Examine the ways the media's attention perpetuated the fame surrounding Sid and Nancy.
Essay Topic 3
How were the Spungens let down by the medical community? In your response, be sure to address the following:
1) In what ways did the Spungens reach out to the medical community?
2) How did the medical community respond to the Spungens' call for help?
3) How was Nancy treated by the medical community?
4) Would Nancy's life have been different if the medical community had acted differently?
This section contains 2,417 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)