|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nancy react to the medication she took after a throat infection?
2. What was Nancy arrested for over Thanksgiving break in college?
3. Which of the following musical group's albums did Nancy not purchase?
4. What was the name of the hotel Nancy stayed in with her family when the visited New York?
5. What did the Spungens name their second daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nancy respond when she was first introduced to rock and roll?
2. Why did Nancy get angry with her mother when she bought a box of Saran Wrap? What did she do in response?
3. Where was Nancy placed after she attacked her mother with a hammer, and how did the Spungens feel about her placement?
4. Why did Deborah feel so bonded to Nancy when she was first born?
5. Describe Nancy's temper tantrums as a toddler and how people handled them differently.
6. How did Nancy react when her sister was born?
7. What medical issues did Nancy face when she was first born?
8. What was Nancy's relationship like with the Bebees, and how did she react when they were no longer with her?
9. Right before Nancy started school, what did her parents and doctors believe Nancy needed in order to help her behavior? Why were the Spungens so willing to accept this as truth?
10. What did Nancy declare to her parents in Chapter 12 about her death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did Nancy's murder bring the Spungens closer as a family? How did Suzy and David react to Nancy's death? How did they deal with their grief? How did the Spungens support their children after Nancy's murder? How did the grief process evolve for the family?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that examines Sid's and Nancy's relationship. How did their relationship change from when they first met until Nancy's death? How did they treat each other? Why did Nancy stay in the relationship after it became abusive? What role did drugs play in their relationship? What attracted Nancy to Sid and vice-versa?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Nancy's experiences in school. In your essay, be sure to address the following:
1) All the schools Nancy attended and the affect they had on her behavior
2) How school administrators treated Nancy's behavior
3) Life in college
4) Nancy's high intelligence and how she felt about school
5) Ways that Nancy educated herself.
This section contains 1,336 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)