|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What behavior did Nancy display after the Spungens moved into their first home?
2. Why was Nancy afraid to start first grade?
3. Why did Nancy decide she liked the second residential facility?
4. What ward was Nancy placed in when she was admitted to the psychiatric hospital?
5. When Nancy went home after her birth, what did she constantly do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Deborah Spungen's grief prompt her to write this book?
2. How did the media and press affect Deborah's grief?
3. How did doctors respond to Deborah when she voiced concern over Nancy's medical issues as an infant?
4. What medical issues did Nancy face when she was first born?
5. What was Nancy's relationship like with the Bebees, and how did she react when they were no longer with her?
6. Where was Nancy placed after she attacked her mother with a hammer, and how did the Spungens feel about her placement?
7. What did the neurologist find when he tested Nancy at her allergist's recommendation?
8. What was the Darlington Institute?
9. Why was Nancy arrested in Colorado, and how did her parents rescue her?
10. Why was Deborah upset with Nancy's treatment at the Lakeside Campus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explores the way Frank and Deborah Spungen handled Nancy's escalating behavior. How were Frank and Deborah's approaches to Nancy different in the beginning of her life? What effect did Nancy's behavior have on Frank and Deborah's relationship? How were Frank and Deborah treated by those from whom they sought help? How did this treatment continue even in Nancy's death?
Essay Topic 2
What steps did the Spungens take to help other "Nancys"? Why did the Spungens want to help others? How did they provide emotional support to families who were touched by their child's murder? How did Frank and Deborah provide financial support to families struggling with drugs?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explores the relationship between Deborah Spungen and her daughter Nancy. How did Nancy's early medical history bond mother and daughter? Why did Deborah feel responsible for Nancy's issues? In what ways did Deborah support her daughter? Did Deborah enable Nancy's destructive behavior? What was their relationship like toward the end of Nancy's life? How did Nancy continue to confide in her mother? What responsibilities did Deborah feel towards her daughter?
This section contains 1,390 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)