|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Nancy's nursery?
2. How did Nancy feel when she had to leave college?
3. When Nancy went home after her birth, what did she constantly do?
4. Where did Frank take Nancy after her brother was released from the hospital?
5. Why did Nancy leave the first school she attended in the Darlington school system?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nancy respond when she was first introduced to rock and roll?
2. Why did the Spungens want Suzy and Nancy to share a room and what happened?
3. What did Dr. Blake's evaluation of Nancy say was the root of her problems? How did this make the Spungens feel?
4. How did the media and press affect Deborah's grief?
5. How did Nancy's time at the Lakeside Campus of the Darlington school system change her behavior?
6. What did the neurologist find when he tested Nancy at her allergist's recommendation?
7. Right before Nancy started school, what did her parents and doctors believe Nancy needed in order to help her behavior? Why were the Spungens so willing to accept this as truth?
8. What did David and Suzy reveal to the parents about their own drug use?
9. How did doctors respond to Deborah when she voiced concern over Nancy's medical issues as an infant?
10. Why was Deborah upset with Nancy's treatment at the Lakeside Campus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explores the relationship between Deborah Spungen and Sid Vicious after Nancy's death. Why did Sid continue communicating with Deborah? What were his motives? How did Deborah react to Sid's communication? Was this relationship harmful or hurtful to both Deborah and Sid? What did Deborah come to understand about Sid, Nancy, and the murder after communicating with Sid?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that describes how the Spungens were treated by people after Nancy's murder. In your response, be sure to explain the roles of the police, coroner, district attorney, and the press. How was this treatment a pattern in the Spungens' constant search to do right by their daughter? How have their reactions to this treatment changed since Nancy's birth?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that examines how Frank and Nancy Spungen were often blamed for Nancy's troubles. In your response, answer the following questions:
1) How did the medical community blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
2) How did the school system blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
3) How did the legal system, both before and after Nancy's death, blame the Spungens? Cite specific examples.
4) In what ways did the Spungens blame themselves for Nancy's troubles?
This section contains 1,415 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)