|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lived around the corner from Nancy's first pediatrician?
2. Why did Nancy have to leave college after just a few months?
3. Whom did Nancy try to stab when her parents were out of town?
4. When Nancy returned to school after the elderly couple was gone, how did Nancy react?
5. Where did Deborah first see her new born daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nancy react when her sister was born?
2. Describe Nancy's temper tantrums as a toddler and how people handled them differently.
3. What happened when Nancy took the medication Atarax?
4. What medical issues did Nancy face when she was first born?
5. How did doctors respond to Deborah when she voiced concern over Nancy's medical issues as an infant?
6. How was Nancy's behavior after the birth of her brother different than her actions after her sister was born? What does this suggest about her behavior?
7. What did Dr. Blake's evaluation of Nancy say was the root of her problems? How did this make the Spungens feel?
8. How did the media and press affect Deborah's grief?
9. How did Nancy's time at the Lakeside Campus of the Darlington school system change her behavior?
10. What did Deborah do for work when David started nursery school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that describes how the Spungens were treated by people after Nancy's murder. In your response, be sure to explain the roles of the police, coroner, district attorney, and the press. How was this treatment a pattern in the Spungens' constant search to do right by their daughter? How have their reactions to this treatment changed since Nancy's birth?
Essay Topic 2
Students will examine Nancy Spungen's relationship with drugs. In your response, be sure to address the following points:
1) Nancy's early experience with drugs prescribed by doctors, even in her infancy.
2) Deborah's dependency on the medical community and drugs to alleviate Nancy's problem.
3) Nancy's and Sid's drug dependencies.
4) The role drugs played in the music scene that Nancy admired.
Essay Topic 3
How did fame fuel Sid and Nancy's destructive lives? In your response, address the following points:
1) The Sex Pistols' outrageous behavior and the fame it brought
2) Nancy's attention to Sid's fame and musical following
3) Examine the ways the media's attention perpetuated the fame surrounding Sid and Nancy.
This section contains 1,386 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)