|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nancy treat her baby sister when she was first born?
2. When Nancy went home after her birth, what did she constantly do?
3. Who was Mr. Grant?
4. Why did Nancy leave the first school she attended in the Darlington school system?
5. At age eleven, Nancy refused to ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What medical issues did Nancy face when she was first born?
2. How did Nancy react when her sister was born?
3. In what ways did Nancy control the house as a small child?
4. How did Deborah Spungen's grief prompt her to write this book?
5. Why did the Spungens want Suzy and Nancy to share a room and what happened?
6. Why was Deborah upset with Nancy's treatment at the Lakeside Campus?
7. How was Nancy's behavior after the birth of her brother different than her actions after her sister was born? What does this suggest about her behavior?
8. How did the media and press affect Deborah's grief?
9. How did Nancy respond when she was first introduced to rock and roll?
10. What was Nancy's final year at Lakeside like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Students will write an essay explaining the effect rock and roll had on Nancy Spungen. How did Nancy discover rock and roll? What lengths did Nancy go to in order to be part of the music scene? How did music bond Sid and Nancy? Would Nancy's life have been different if she had not become part of the music scene? How has the music industry perpetuated the notoriety of Sid and Nancy?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explores the relationship between Deborah Spungen and Sid Vicious after Nancy's death. Why did Sid continue communicating with Deborah? What were his motives? How did Deborah react to Sid's communication? Was this relationship harmful or hurtful to both Deborah and Sid? What did Deborah come to understand about Sid, Nancy, and the murder after communicating with Sid?
Essay Topic 3
What steps did the Spungens take to help other "Nancys"? Why did the Spungens want to help others? How did they provide emotional support to families who were touched by their child's murder? How did Frank and Deborah provide financial support to families struggling with drugs?
This section contains 1,400 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)