Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Nancy leaving when she got into an accident in her mom's car?
2. How did Deborah describe Nancy's state of mind when she tried to throw a pet down the stairs?
3. How old was Nancy when she graduated from high school?
4. What advice did Mrs.Taylor give Deborah to help her feel better about a fussy baby?
5. Where did Deborah take Nancy when she hyperventilated after getting frustrated when making a bracelet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Sid and Nancy behaving when Frank delivered their belongings from London?
2. How did Nancy's relationship with Jeff improve her behavior?
3. What did Deborah think of the letters Sid wrote her?
4. How did Nancy's time at the Lakeside Campus of the Darlington school system change her behavior?
5. What happened to Nancy's first job?
6. How did Nancy react when her sister was born?
7. How did the media treat Nancy as the Sex Pistols gained more fame?
8. Right before Nancy started school, what did her parents and doctors believe Nancy needed in order to help her behavior? Why were the Spungens so willing to accept this as truth?
9. How was the Spungen family adjusting to life while Nancy was living in London?
10. What did Nancy do to get off drugs?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explores the way Frank and Deborah Spungen handled Nancy's escalating behavior. How were Frank and Deborah's approaches to Nancy different in the beginning of her life? What effect did Nancy's behavior have on Frank and Deborah's relationship? How were Frank and Deborah treated by those from whom they sought help? How did this treatment continue even in Nancy's death?
Essay Topic 2
This book is a biography. How would Nancy change her story if she told it? Choose one chapter from the book. Rewrite it as though it were an autobiography. Your response should include all the events, people, and places Deborah describes in the chapter but from Nancy's point of view. Keep in mind Nancy's personality, thoughts about people and places, and how her point of view is different from her mother's.
Essay Topic 3
How were the Spungens let down by the medical community? In your response, be sure to address the following:
1) In what ways did the Spungens reach out to the medical community?
2) How did the medical community respond to the Spungens' call for help?
3) How was Nancy treated by the medical community?
4) Would Nancy's life have been different if the medical community had acted differently?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)