|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nancy arrested for over Thanksgiving break in college?
2. What troubles did Nancy have when she began school?
3. How old was Nancy when she was misplaced in the psychiatric hospital?
4. What was Frank's nickname for his newborn daughter, Nancy?
5. Why did Nancy leave the first school she attended in the Darlington school system?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Darlington Institute?
2. How did doctors respond to Deborah when she voiced concern over Nancy's medical issues as an infant?
3. Why did Nancy get angry with her mother when she bought a box of Saran Wrap? What did she do in response?
4. Why did Deborah feel so bonded to Nancy when she was first born?
5. How did Nancy respond when she was first introduced to rock and roll?
6. What happened when Nancy took the medication Atarax?
7. How did Deborah's mother feel about her pregnancy with Nancy?
8. What did Deborah do for work when David started nursery school?
9. How did Nancy's time at the Lakeside Campus of the Darlington school system change her behavior?
10. What did Nancy declare to her parents in Chapter 12 about her death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did Nancy's murder bring the Spungens closer as a family? How did Suzy and David react to Nancy's death? How did they deal with their grief? How did the Spungens support their children after Nancy's murder? How did the grief process evolve for the family?
Essay Topic 2
What steps did the Spungens take to help other "Nancys"? Why did the Spungens want to help others? How did they provide emotional support to families who were touched by their child's murder? How did Frank and Deborah provide financial support to families struggling with drugs?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Nancy's experiences in school. In your essay, be sure to address the following:
1) All the schools Nancy attended and the affect they had on her behavior
2) How school administrators treated Nancy's behavior
3) Life in college
4) Nancy's high intelligence and how she felt about school
5) Ways that Nancy educated herself.
This section contains 1,321 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)