Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Nancy leaving when she got into an accident in her mom's car?
2. How did Deborah describe Nancy's state of mind when she tried to throw a pet down the stairs?
3. How old was Nancy when she graduated from high school?
4. What advice did Mrs.Taylor give Deborah to help her feel better about a fussy baby?
5. Where did Deborah take Nancy when she hyperventilated after getting frustrated when making a bracelet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Sid and Nancy behaving when Frank delivered their belongings from London?
2. How did Nancy's relationship with Jeff improve her behavior?
3. What did Deborah think of the letters Sid wrote her?
4. How did Nancy's time at the Lakeside Campus of the Darlington school system change her behavior?
5. What happened to Nancy's first job?
6. How did Nancy react when her sister was born?
7. How did the media treat Nancy as the Sex Pistols gained more fame?
8. Right before Nancy started school, what did her parents and doctors believe Nancy needed in order to help her behavior? Why were the Spungens so willing to accept this as truth?
9. How was the Spungen family adjusting to life while Nancy was living in London?
10. What did Nancy do to get off drugs?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explores the relationship between Deborah Spungen and Sid Vicious after Nancy's death. Why did Sid continue communicating with Deborah? What were his motives? How did Deborah react to Sid's communication? Was this relationship harmful or hurtful to both Deborah and Sid? What did Deborah come to understand about Sid, Nancy, and the murder after communicating with Sid?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the title of this book? In your essay, explain how Deborah got to know the line, "And I don't want to live this life." What does this quote mean? How is it significant to the life story of Nancy Spungen? Who said it? Why was it important to Deborah? Provide textual evidence from the book that supports this as an appropriate title for Nancy's life story.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Nancy's experiences in school. In your essay, be sure to address the following:
1) All the schools Nancy attended and the affect they had on her behavior
2) How school administrators treated Nancy's behavior
3) Life in college
4) Nancy's high intelligence and how she felt about school
5) Ways that Nancy educated herself.
This section contains 2,338 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)