|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nancy have to leave college after just a few months?
2. How did Nancy react to the medication she took after a throat infection?
3. Where did Deborah first see her new born daughter?
4. How did Nancy treat her baby sister when she was first born?
5. When Nancy returned to school after the elderly couple was gone, how did Nancy react?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Nancy took the medication Atarax?
2. What did Deborah do for work when David started nursery school?
3. What was the Darlington Institute?
4. Why did the Spungens want Suzy and Nancy to share a room and what happened?
5. In what ways did Nancy control the house as a small child?
6. How was Nancy's behavior after the birth of her brother different than her actions after her sister was born? What does this suggest about her behavior?
7. How did Nancy's relationship with Jeff improve her behavior?
8. Why did Nancy get angry with her mother when she bought a box of Saran Wrap? What did she do in response?
9. How did the media and press affect Deborah's grief?
10. How did Dr. Cott disappoint Nancy and Deborah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What steps did the Spungens take to help other "Nancys"? Why did the Spungens want to help others? How did they provide emotional support to families who were touched by their child's murder? How did Frank and Deborah provide financial support to families struggling with drugs?
Essay Topic 2
How did Nancy's behavior affect her family? In your response, explain the following:
1) Nancy's relationship with her parents (separately and together)
2) Influences and relationship with her siblings
3) Expense of treatments, special schools, etc
4) Ways that Nancy's behavior prevented the family from living a "normal" life.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explores the relationship between Deborah Spungen and her daughter Nancy. How did Nancy's early medical history bond mother and daughter? Why did Deborah feel responsible for Nancy's issues? In what ways did Deborah support her daughter? Did Deborah enable Nancy's destructive behavior? What was their relationship like toward the end of Nancy's life? How did Nancy continue to confide in her mother? What responsibilities did Deborah feel towards her daughter?
This section contains 1,393 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)