|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nancy get home when she ran away from the residential facility?
2. Who was Mrs. Taylor?
3. How old was Nancy when she was misplaced in the psychiatric hospital?
4. What was the name of the Spungens' family pet?
5. What medical condition did Frank's parents suffer while Nancy was at the residential facility?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nancy's time at the Lakeside Campus of the Darlington school system change her behavior?
2. What happened when Nancy took the medication Atarax?
3. Where was Nancy placed after she attacked her mother with a hammer, and how did the Spungens feel about her placement?
4. How did Nancy react when her sister was born?
5. What did Dr. Blake's evaluation of Nancy say was the root of her problems? How did this make the Spungens feel?
6. How did Deborah's mother feel about her pregnancy with Nancy?
7. Why was Deborah upset with Nancy's treatment at the Lakeside Campus?
8. What did Nancy do in New York to defy her parents, and how did they react?
9. What did the neurologist find when he tested Nancy at her allergist's recommendation?
10. How did doctors respond to Deborah when she voiced concern over Nancy's medical issues as an infant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that describes how the Spungens were treated by people after Nancy's murder. In your response, be sure to explain the roles of the police, coroner, district attorney, and the press. How was this treatment a pattern in the Spungens' constant search to do right by their daughter? How have their reactions to this treatment changed since Nancy's birth?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explores the way Frank and Deborah Spungen handled Nancy's escalating behavior. How were Frank and Deborah's approaches to Nancy different in the beginning of her life? What effect did Nancy's behavior have on Frank and Deborah's relationship? How were Frank and Deborah treated by those from whom they sought help? How did this treatment continue even in Nancy's death?
Essay Topic 3
In this essay, students will explain how the media treated the Spungens before and after Nancy's death.
1) What inquiries did the media make about Nancy while she was alive?
2) Why were the press interested in Nancy and how did she feel about the media attention?
3) How did the media treat the Spungens after Nancy's death?
4) To what extent did the media go to get ore information about Nancy?
5) How did the Spungens react to the media's attention?
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)