|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nancy do to the telephone man?
2. Where did Deborah take Nancy when she hyperventilated after getting frustrated when making a bracelet?
3. What musical did the Spungens see that inspired Nancy's love of rock and roll?
4. Why didn't the police arrest Nancy for drunk driving?
5. Where was Nancy leaving when she got into an accident in her mom's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Nancy do in New York to defy her parents, and how did they react?
2. Why did Nancy get angry with her mother when she bought a box of Saran Wrap? What did she do in response?
3. What did Dr. Blake's evaluation of Nancy say was the root of her problems? How did this make the Spungens feel?
4. In what ways did Nancy control the house as a small child?
5. How did Nancy's relationship with Jeff improve her behavior?
6. How did Nancy's time at the Lakeside Campus of the Darlington school system change her behavior?
7. What did David and Suzy reveal to the parents about their own drug use?
8. What did Deborah do for work when David started nursery school?
9. How did Dr. Cott disappoint Nancy and Deborah?
10. What did the neurologist find when he tested Nancy at her allergist's recommendation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Deborah ultimately come to understand about Nancy's death? In your response, answer the following questions:
1) What role did Deborah assume Sid had in Nancy's murder?
2) What evidence supported Deborah's assumptions about Sid's involvement (use text evidence about Nancy and Sid's relationship)
3) How and why did her feelings about Sid's involvement change over time?
4) What evidence did Deborah provide (throughout the book) that supports Sid's claims that Nancy wanted to die?
Essay Topic 2
Students will write an essay explaining the effect rock and roll had on Nancy Spungen. How did Nancy discover rock and roll? What lengths did Nancy go to in order to be part of the music scene? How did music bond Sid and Nancy? Would Nancy's life have been different if she had not become part of the music scene? How has the music industry perpetuated the notoriety of Sid and Nancy?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explores the relationship between Deborah Spungen and Sid Vicious after Nancy's death. Why did Sid continue communicating with Deborah? What were his motives? How did Deborah react to Sid's communication? Was this relationship harmful or hurtful to both Deborah and Sid? What did Deborah come to understand about Sid, Nancy, and the murder after communicating with Sid?
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)