Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Nancy leaving when she got into an accident in her mom's car?
2. How did Deborah describe Nancy's state of mind when she tried to throw a pet down the stairs?
3. How old was Nancy when she graduated from high school?
4. What advice did Mrs.Taylor give Deborah to help her feel better about a fussy baby?
5. Where did Deborah take Nancy when she hyperventilated after getting frustrated when making a bracelet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Sid and Nancy behaving when Frank delivered their belongings from London?
2. How did Nancy's relationship with Jeff improve her behavior?
3. What did Deborah think of the letters Sid wrote her?
4. How did Nancy's time at the Lakeside Campus of the Darlington school system change her behavior?
5. What happened to Nancy's first job?
6. How did Nancy react when her sister was born?
7. How did the media treat Nancy as the Sex Pistols gained more fame?
8. Right before Nancy started school, what did her parents and doctors believe Nancy needed in order to help her behavior? Why were the Spungens so willing to accept this as truth?
9. How was the Spungen family adjusting to life while Nancy was living in London?
10. What did Nancy do to get off drugs?
Essay Topic 1
How did fame fuel Sid and Nancy's destructive lives? In your response, address the following points:
1) The Sex Pistols' outrageous behavior and the fame it brought
2) Nancy's attention to Sid's fame and musical following
3) Examine the ways the media's attention perpetuated the fame surrounding Sid and Nancy.
Essay Topic 2
What did Deborah ultimately come to understand about Nancy's death? In your response, answer the following questions:
1) What role did Deborah assume Sid had in Nancy's murder?
2) What evidence supported Deborah's assumptions about Sid's involvement (use text evidence about Nancy and Sid's relationship)
3) How and why did her feelings about Sid's involvement change over time?
4) What evidence did Deborah provide (throughout the book) that supports Sid's claims that Nancy wanted to die?
Essay Topic 3
What steps did the Spungens take to help other "Nancys"? Why did the Spungens want to help others? How did they provide emotional support to families who were touched by their child's murder? How did Frank and Deborah provide financial support to families struggling with drugs?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)