|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Nancy get home when she ran away from the residential facility?
(a) A friend's car.
2. What was the name of the elderly couple that watched Nancy in the residential facility?
3. How many weeks early was Nancy's birth?
4. Why did Nancy have to leave college after just a few months?
(a) The police would drop the charges if she went home.
(b) She needed to go rehab.
(c) She was failing.
(d) Her parents wanted her home.
5. Why did Nancy leave the first school she attended in the Darlington school system?
(a) She went to a military school.
(b) Her behavior was too severe for them.
(c) Her mother wanted to homeschool her.
(d) She ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Deborah do to calm Nancy when she had nightmares?
2. How did Nancy treat her baby sister when she was first born?
3. What was Frank's nickname for his newborn daughter, Nancy?
4. How did Nancy's brother break his leg?
5. What did the doctor say about Nancy's health when he released her from the hospital after her birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the media and press affect Deborah's grief?
2. Why did Deborah feel so bonded to Nancy when she was first born?
3. Why was Deborah upset with Nancy's treatment at the Lakeside Campus?
4. What did Dr. Blake's evaluation of Nancy say was the root of her problems? How did this make the Spungens feel?
5. What happened when Nancy took the medication Atarax?
6. What did David and Suzy reveal to the parents about their own drug use?
7. Why was Nancy arrested in Colorado, and how did her parents rescue her?
8. How was Nancy's behavior after the birth of her brother different than her actions after her sister was born? What does this suggest about her behavior?
9. What was the Darlington Institute?
10. What did Nancy declare to her parents in Chapter 12 about her death?
This section contains 1,422 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)