|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Nancy react when she almost threw a pet down the stairs?
2. Why did Nancy get frustrated when making a bead bracelet with girls from the neighborhood?
(a) The beads fell off the wire.
(b) Her friends where mean to her.
(c) She wanted to play another game.
(d) She did not get the colors she wanted.
3. What ward was Nancy placed in when she was admitted to the psychiatric hospital?
(a) She was in isolation.
(b) Children's ward.
(c) Prison ward.
(d) Women's ward.
4. What did Nancy give her sister that prompted Deborah to get Nancy help from a New York psychiatrist?
(a) A new car.
(b) Stolen jewlery to hide.
(d) A black eye.
5. What did the pediatrician prescribe for Nancy's inability to sleep?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nancy have to leave college after just a few months?
2. What would Nancy do when she woke suddenly after falling asleep in the car?
3. What was the name of the elderly couple that watched Nancy in the residential facility?
4. Where did Frank take Nancy after her brother was released from the hospital?
5. How old was Nancy was she died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the media and press affect Deborah's grief?
2. How did Deborah's mother feel about her pregnancy with Nancy?
3. What did Deborah do for work when David started nursery school?
4. Right before Nancy started school, what did her parents and doctors believe Nancy needed in order to help her behavior? Why were the Spungens so willing to accept this as truth?
5. What happened when Nancy took the medication Atarax?
6. How did Nancy respond when she was first introduced to rock and roll?
7. What did David and Suzy reveal to the parents about their own drug use?
8. What did Nancy do in New York to defy her parents, and how did they react?
9. What medical issues did Nancy face when she was first born?
10. Why did the Spungens want Suzy and Nancy to share a room and what happened?
This section contains 1,315 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)