|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At age eleven, Nancy refused to ______________.
(a) Go to school.
(b) Go to a family wedding.
(c) Visit her grandparents.
(d) Go to summer camp.
2. What negative influence was Nancy introduced to at the second residential school?
(d) Sid Vicious.
3. What medication did Nancy's psychiatrist prescribe her after she attacked her mother?
4. What was the name of the Spungens' family pet?
(c) Rock and Roll.
5. How old was Nancy when she was misplaced in the psychiatric hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Cott treat schizophrenics?
2. Who was the main person in charge at the second school Nancy attended?
3. How long were Nancy and Deborah in the hospital after Nancy's birth?
4. When Nancy got a throat infection, what medication did the doctor prescribe to help her sleep?
5. Where did Nancy briefly attend college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Deborah feel so bonded to Nancy when she was first born?
2. How did the media and press affect Deborah's grief?
3. What was the Darlington Institute?
4. What did Dr. Blake's evaluation of Nancy say was the root of her problems? How did this make the Spungens feel?
5. What medical issues did Nancy face when she was first born?
6. What happened when Nancy took the medication Atarax?
7. Right before Nancy started school, what did her parents and doctors believe Nancy needed in order to help her behavior? Why were the Spungens so willing to accept this as truth?
8. How was Nancy's behavior after the birth of her brother different than her actions after her sister was born? What does this suggest about her behavior?
9. What was Nancy's final year at Lakeside like?
10. Why did Nancy get angry with her mother when she bought a box of Saran Wrap? What did she do in response?
This section contains 1,402 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)