|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose office did Nancy destroy in a fit of rage?
(a) Dr. Blake's.
(b) Mr. Sylvester's.
(d) Her father's home office.
2. What did her first boyfriend do that Nancy liked?
(a) He was in a band.
(b) He impressed her parents.
(c) He was smart.
(d) He cursed at the principal.
3. When Nancy got a throat infection, what medication did the doctor prescribe to help her sleep?
(c) Tylenol with Codine.
4. Why did Nancy attack her mother with a hammer?
(a) She yelled at her.
(b) She would not let her date.
(c) She would not take her to the museum.
(d) She made her do school work.
5. Where did Deborah take Nancy when she hyperventilated after getting frustrated when making a bracelet?
(a) Military school.
(b) Dr. Blake's office.
(d) Emergency room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Deborah describe Nancy's state of mind when she tried to throw a pet down the stairs?
2. What medication did Nancy's psychiatrist prescribe her after she attacked her mother?
3. What did the Spungens name their second daughter?
4. What did Deborah do to calm Nancy when she had nightmares?
5. What behavior did Nancy display after the Spungens moved into their first home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Nancy placed after she attacked her mother with a hammer, and how did the Spungens feel about her placement?
2. How was Nancy's behavior after the birth of her brother different than her actions after her sister was born? What does this suggest about her behavior?
3. What was Nancy's relationship like with the Bebees, and how did she react when they were no longer with her?
4. How did Nancy respond when she was first introduced to rock and roll?
5. In what ways did Nancy control the house as a small child?
6. Why did the Spungens want Suzy and Nancy to share a room and what happened?
7. What was the Darlington Institute?
8. How did the media and press affect Deborah's grief?
9. How did Deborah Spungen's grief prompt her to write this book?
10. Why did Deborah feel so bonded to Nancy when she was first born?
This section contains 1,342 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)