|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nancy do to the telephone man?
(a) Stole his tools.
(b) Yelled at him.
(c) Blocked access to the phone.
(d) Attached to one of his legs.
2. What job did Deborah get when her son was in nursery school?
(a) Store clerk.
(b) Substitute teacher.
(c) Office Manager.
(d) Law student.
3. What did the doctor say about Nancy's health when he released her from the hospital after her birth?
(a) She would need to return for an operation.
(b) She would have developmental delays.
(c) She would need constant medical attention.
(d) She was healthy.
4. What did Nancy give her sister that prompted Deborah to get Nancy help from a New York psychiatrist?
(a) A black eye.
(c) A new car.
(d) Stolen jewlery to hide.
5. Where did Frank take Nancy after her brother was released from the hospital?
(c) New York.
6. Who was Mrs. Taylor?
(a) Nancy's baby nurse.
(b) Frank's boss.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Deborah's friend.
7. What was Frank's nickname for his newborn daughter, Nancy?
(b) Sugar bear.
(c) Sweetie pie.
8. What was the name of the hotel Nancy stayed in with her family when the visited New York?
(a) City Squire Hotel.
(b) The Holiday Inn.
(c) Hilton in Times Square.
(d) Marriot Uptown.
9. What did her first boyfriend do that Nancy liked?
(a) He was smart.
(b) He was in a band.
(c) He cursed at the principal.
(d) He impressed her parents.
10. Why did Nancy get frustrated when making a bead bracelet with girls from the neighborhood?
(a) Her friends where mean to her.
(b) The beads fell off the wire.
(c) She wanted to play another game.
(d) She did not get the colors she wanted.
11. What did the Spungens name their second daughter?
12. What did Nancy have to do before attending college?
(a) Get a drug test.
(b) Go to rehab.
(c) Finish therapy.
(d) Take summer school classes.
13. What troubles did Nancy have when she began school?
(a) Listening to the teacher.
(b) Making and keeping friends.
14. When Nancy returned to school after the elderly couple was gone, how did Nancy react?
(a) She left the facility.
(b) Her behavior became erratic and odd again.
(c) She reacted well and maintained good grades.
(d) She has no reaction.
15. What advice did Mrs.Taylor give Deborah to help her feel better about a fussy baby?
(a) Let Mrs. Taylor spend more time with Nancy.
(b) Be more relaxed with Nancy.
(c) Give the baby to Frank.
(d) Leave the house for a while.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was NOT a reason Deborah Spungen wrote this book?
2. How did Deborah describe Nancy's state of mind when she tried to throw a pet down the stairs?
3. What medical problems did Nancy have when she was first born?
4. What musical did the Spungens see that inspired Nancy's love of rock and roll?
5. What was the name of the Spungens' family pet?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)