|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Worcester Meat go after he has been sick for sixteen days?
(a) Home to his little house.
(b) To the bed where Kope'mah died.
(c) To the forest.
(d) To the hospital.
2. What does Set find in his old bedroom?
(a) His early photos.
(b) His early trophies.
(c) His early drawings.
(d) His early yearbooks.
3. Which direction did the Kiowa travel?
4. What do Grey and Set see in the masks of the dancers?
(a) The gods.
(c) The future.
5. What does the boy leave behind him?
(a) The sound of his laughter.
(b) The sound of his running.
(c) The sound of his crying.
(d) No sound at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Worcester Meat feel as his life ends?
2. What change comes to Grey in the summer?
3. What does Lela say has made Set sick?
4. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great grandson become?
5. What does Grey feel as she saw Set driving into Mottledmare's property?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Merriman's knowledge of folklore, witchcraft, and medical mythology fail to impress Set?
2. What is the setting where Set begins his vision quest?
3. How does Grey feel about herself during her pregnancy?
4. Why does Set enter his old house with dread?
5. Why does Grey feel at once humbled and important when she thinks of Set?
6. How does Grey know that Set will act in the proper way?
7. For what does Grey thank Lola Bourne?
8. How does Set's art change as his personality begins to disintegrate?
9. What does Grey see of Set beyond his physical appearance?
10. What characteristic does Grey say is shared by her mother and her sister and her niece?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)