|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grey see just as Set is arriving at the Mottledmare's home?
(a) A vision of her future with Set.
(b) A vision of the plains people.
(c) A vision of Billy the Kid.
(d) A vision of Set's breakdown.
2. When Set returns to his adoptive father Bent's house, who does he see at first in his mind's eye?
(c) Himself as a boy.
(d) Senora Archuleta.
3. What does Billy the Kid do to prepare for his conversation with Sitting Bear?
(a) Memorizes a speech.
(b) Buys a speech.
(c) Writes a speech.
(d) Invents a speech.
4. Who is Koi-ehm-toya?
5. Where does Worcester Meat go after he has been sick for sixteen days?
(a) To the bed where Kope'mah died.
(b) To the forest.
(c) Home to his little house.
(d) To the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Set do each night?
2. How does Lola Bourne feel in the Mottledmare home?
3. What did the bear do that was unusual?
4. What tracks did those who came later to the plains find?
5. What kept Maman-ti from dismounting to take shelter from the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Kaitsenko Society?
2. What did every people who inhabited the great plains find there?
3. Why were the Piegan people unable to believe in the child?
4. For what does Grey thank Lola Bourne?
5. What characteristic does Grey say is shared by her mother and her sister and her niece?
6. What does Grey see of Set beyond his physical appearance?
7. Why does Set enter his old house with dread?
8. Who is the boy that Set sees and hears in the garden of his old house?
9. Why did the native people move south into the great plains?
10. Grey closes one calendar and opens another in Chapter Eleven of Book Two. What do these different calendars represent?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)