|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Set know where to go to begin his quest for a vision?
(a) Grey and Lela had told him.
(b) Kope'mah had told him.
(c) His spirit had told him.
(d) Jessie Mottledmare had told him.
2. What does Alais Sancerre notice about Set's body after they have slept together?
(a) He has hair everywhere on his body.
(b) He is muscular and strong.
(c) He is tense and tight-muscled.
(d) He is pale and sickly looking.
3. What does the boy leave behind him?
(a) The sound of his crying.
(b) The sound of his laughter.
(c) No sound at all.
(d) The sound of his running.
4. What had caused Set's breakdown, according to the hospital?
(a) Working too hard.
(b) Extraordinary psychological pressure.
(d) Skipping meals.
5. What does Lola Bourne think Set is doing?
(a) Enjoying himself.
(b) Annihilating himself.
(c) Reconstructing himself.
(d) Forgetting himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grey feel as she saw Set driving into Mottledmare's property?
2. As Set grows stronger, what does he begin to do?
3. When Set returns to his adoptive father Bent's house, who does he see at first in his mind's eye?
4. How long does Worcester Meat think he will live?
5. Who is Koi-ehm-toya?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grey know that Set will act in the proper way?
2. How does Set's art change as his personality begins to disintegrate?
3. In Chapter Twelve, Grey does something that has been important to her for the last time. What is it?
4. Why does Dr. Merriman's knowledge of folklore, witchcraft, and medical mythology fail to impress Set?
5. Why did the native people move south into the great plains?
6. Why does each man of the Plains Indians look upon Tsoai first thing each morning?
7. What does Set feel as he opens the medicine bundle?
8. Why is it important to Dr. Terriman and Lola Bourne that Set dances?
9. Why does Grey feel at once humbled and important when she thinks of Set?
10. Who is the boy that Set sees and hears in the garden of his old house?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)