|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lola Bourne do with her letter to Set?
(a) She quits writing it.
(b) She mails it.
(c) She burns it.
(d) She hands it to him.
2. What has Billy the Kid come to learn about from Sitting Bear?
(b) The purpose of life.
3. How do Grey and Set marry?
(a) At the county courthouse.
(b) In Las Vegas.
(c) In a modern ceremony in the desert.
(d) In a traditional ceremony in the hogan.
4. What tracks did those who came later to the plains find?
(a) A fast horse.
(b) A giant wolf.
(c) A buffalo herd.
(d) A great bear.
5. What does Set feel as he picks up the bear's paw?
(a) A secure strength.
(b) A calm serenity.
(c) An urgent restlessness.
(d) A wild curiosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Worcester Meat think he will live?
2. What increases the bond between Set and Grey?
3. What did the Kiowa call the rent they charged for use of Indian land?
4. What does Lela say has made Set sick?
5. Where does Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson see Tsoai?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Kaitsenko Society?
2. Why does Grey feel at once humbled and important when she thinks of Set?
3. Why is it important to Dr. Terriman and Lola Bourne that Set dances?
4. Who becomes the maker of shields?
5. Grey closes one calendar and opens another in Chapter Eleven of Book Two. What do these different calendars represent?
6. Why does Set enter his old house with dread?
7. For what does Grey thank Lola Bourne?
8. What does Set mean when he tells Lela that the bear stands against him, and that he is the bear?
9. How does Set respond to the hospital staff's diagnosis and explanations of his condition?
10. In Chapter Twelve, Grey does something that has been important to her for the last time. What is it?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)