|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ceremony does Grey perform in the Kiowa way?
(a) She dances around the campfire.
(b) She collects herbs.
(c) She burns sage.
(d) She butchers a calf and eats the raw liver.
2. What kept Maman-ti from dismounting to take shelter from the storm?
(a) There were snakes in the road.
(b) The ground was too muddy.
(c) The ground was covered with tarantulas.
(d) Ghosts have no need of shelter.
3. Why does Lola Bourne think she cannot help Set?
(a) She can't tolerate his situation.
(b) She can't understand his situation.
(c) She can't devote her life to his recovery.
(d) She can't forgive his selfishness.
4. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great-grandson put on his shields?
(a) Planes and lines.
(b) Ancient designs.
(d) Powerful medicines.
5. Why did the Kiowa people decide to move?
(a) They were restless.
(b) There were wars and disasters.
(c) They needed more space.
(d) It got colder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lola Bourne feel in the Mottledmare home?
2. What does Bent tell Set when Set sees a vision of Bent in the garden?
3. What does Lola Bourne do with her letter to Set?
4. What do members of the Navajo tribe call themselves?
5. Who is Koi-ehm-toya?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Twelve, Grey does something that has been important to her for the last time. What is it?
2. What does Set mean when he tells Lela that the bear stands against him, and that he is the bear?
3. Who is the boy that Set sees and hears in the garden of his old house?
4. Why is it important to Dr. Terriman and Lola Bourne that Set dances?
5. Why does each man of the Plains Indians look upon Tsoai first thing each morning?
6. What did every people who inhabited the great plains find there?
7. What understanding about Set does Lola Bourne come to while he is hospitalized?
8. What is the setting where Set begins his vision quest?
9. What characteristic does Grey say is shared by her mother and her sister and her niece?
10. What does Set feel as he opens the medicine bundle?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)