|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Koi-ehm-toya's great-great grandson become?
(a) A grass dancer.
(b) A painter.
(c) A medicine man.
(d) A maker of shields.
2. What does Grey do to prepare for her life with Set?
(a) She asks Set what he would like to do.
(b) She prays and draws their journey in the dirt.
(c) She asks Kope'mah where to go.
(d) She explains their future to him.
3. What did the ancient Native Americans call the plains?
(a) The land of unnameable distances.
(b) The land of innumerable long distances.
(c) The land of long distances.
(d) The land of innumerable distances.
4. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
(a) The child turned into a bear before their eyes.
(b) The child had not spoken a word of sense.
(c) The child was an impossibility.
(d) The child faded away before their eyes.
5. What word does Set thinks best describes Grey's personality?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the bear do that was unusual?
2. What does Lola Bourne think Set is doing?
3. What kept Maman-ti from dismounting to take shelter from the storm?
4. What does Lela say has made Set sick?
5. What tracks did those who came later to the plains find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting where Set begins his vision quest?
2. Why does Dr. Merriman's knowledge of folklore, witchcraft, and medical mythology fail to impress Set?
3. For what does Grey thank Lola Bourne?
4. Why is it important to Dr. Terriman and Lola Bourne that Set dances?
5. What do the lines on the red earth represent?
6. In his old age, what is the last thing that the shield maker dreams? Why is this dream of his significant?
7. How does Grey know that Set will act in the proper way?
8. How does Worcester Meat feel when he dies?
9. What is the vision that Set hopes to see?
10. Why does each man of the Plains Indians look upon Tsoai first thing each morning?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)