|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The plains are a perfect equation of what two elements?
(a) Freedom and space.
(b) Darkness and light.
(c) Native Americans and settlers.
(d) Distance and time.
2. As Set grows stronger, what does he begin to do?
3. What quality did the Kiowas have that the Navajo did not approve?
4. When does Grey think her mother and sister will come to like Set?
(c) After a while.
(d) Within a few weeks.
5. Why does Billy the Kid feel unable to talk to Sitting Bear?
(a) Billy the Kid has few words.
(b) Billy the Kid is not honest.
(c) Billy the Kid is ashamed of his life.
(d) Billy the Kid has commited great crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy the Kid do to prepare for his conversation with Sitting Bear?
2. What relief does Lola Bourne get from writing her letter to Set?
3. What does Lola Bourne do with her letter to Set?
4. What increases the bond between Set and Grey?
5. Who belonged to the dog soldier organization of the Kiowa tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important to Dr. Terriman and Lola Bourne that Set dances?
2. Who becomes the maker of shields?
3. What did every people who inhabited the great plains find there?
4. What does Grey see of Set beyond his physical appearance?
5. For what does Grey thank Lola Bourne?
6. How does Grey know that Set will act in the proper way?
7. What characteristic does Grey say is shared by her mother and her sister and her niece?
8. What is the setting where Set begins his vision quest?
9. Why does each man of the Plains Indians look upon Tsoai first thing each morning?
10. What is the vision that Set hopes to see?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)