|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings Set the greatest happiness he has known?
(a) Realizing that Grey belongs to him.
(b) Realizing that his talent is unrestrained.
(c) Realizing that he is free to grow.
(d) Realizing that he is a bear.
2. What happens in California while Set is in Paris?
(a) Set begins to feel the power of the medicine bundle.
(b) Set's paintings sell for a lot of money.
(c) Bent has a stroke and dies.
(d) Lola Bourne discovers Set's affair.
3. What does Bent tell Set when Set sees a vision of Bent in the garden?
(a) Bent is looking for the boy.
(b) Bent is looking at the flowers.
(c) Bent is looking for the dog.
(d) Bent is looking for his glasses.
4. What caused the Piegan people to continue to believe in the boy who turned into a bear?
(a) The bear became a legend.
(b) Hunters returned from the woods with strange bear stories.
(c) A hunter shot the bear.
(d) The bear came into the camp.
5. What does Set have to learn to converse with Lela?
(b) An oblique, proper form of conversation.
(c) To speak frankly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alais Sancerre notice about Set's body after they have slept together?
2. What is Dr. Terriman's evaluation of Set's condition?
3. Why does Lola Bourne find it easy to relinquish Set to Grey?
4. Why does Lola Bourne think she cannot help Set?
5. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Grey changes from a girl to a woman, how does Set's attitude toward her change?
2. How does Grey feel about herself during her pregnancy?
3. What characteristic does Grey say is shared by her mother and her sister and her niece?
4. What is the vision that Set hopes to see?
5. Why does Dr. Merriman's knowledge of folklore, witchcraft, and medical mythology fail to impress Set?
6. Why does Set enter his old house with dread?
7. What does Set mean when he tells Lela that the bear stands against him, and that he is the bear?
8. How does Set respond to the hospital staff's diagnosis and explanations of his condition?
9. How does Grey know that Set will act in the proper way?
10. In Chapter Twelve, Grey does something that has been important to her for the last time. What is it?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)