|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings Set the greatest happiness he has known?
(a) Realizing that he is a bear.
(b) Realizing that his talent is unrestrained.
(c) Realizing that Grey belongs to him.
(d) Realizing that he is free to grow.
2. When does Grey think her mother and sister will come to like Set?
(b) After a while.
(d) Within a few weeks.
3. What does Set have to learn to converse with Lela?
(a) To speak frankly.
(d) An oblique, proper form of conversation.
4. How is Set's health as he begins his vision quest?
(a) He is physically fit.
(b) He is twenty years too old.
(c) He is weak from his illness.
(d) He is tired.
5. What extraordinary sense did Set acquire as he became a bear?
Short Answer Questions
1. How unusual is Set's kind of breakdown?
2. What did people who came later find the early tribes had left on the plains?
3. What does Billy the Kid do to prepare for his conversation with Sitting Bear?
4. What do members of the Navajo tribe call themselves?
5. Where does Worcester Meat go after he has been sick for thirteen more days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did every people who inhabited the great plains find there?
2. Grey closes one calendar and opens another in Chapter Eleven of Book Two. What do these different calendars represent?
3. How does Grey feel about herself during her pregnancy?
4. Why does each man of the Plains Indians look upon Tsoai first thing each morning?
5. What does Grey see of Set beyond his physical appearance?
6. What is the setting where Set begins his vision quest?
7. How does Worcester Meat feel when he dies?
8. What is the vision that Set hopes to see?
9. What does Set feel as he opens the medicine bundle?
10. What do the lines on the red earth represent?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)