|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Set look for after the vision of Bent leaves him?
(a) Set looks for the boy.
(b) Set looks for butterflies.
(c) Set looks for his father.
(d) Set looks for Lukie.
2. How do Grey and Set marry?
(a) In Las Vegas.
(b) At the county courthouse.
(c) In a modern ceremony in the desert.
(d) In a traditional ceremony in the hogan.
3. Why did the Piegan people decide not to believe in the child who disappeared?
(a) The child was an impossibility.
(b) The child turned into a bear before their eyes.
(c) The child faded away before their eyes.
(d) The child had not spoken a word of sense.
4. How does Worcester Meat feel as his life ends?
(a) Tired and sick.
(b) Serene and refreshed.
(c) Lonely and frightened.
(d) Impatient and angry.
5. How does the sight of the monolith, Tsoai, affect Set when he sees it?
(a) It is ominous.
(b) It is miraculous.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is comforting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy the Kid feel unable to talk to Sitting Bear?
2. What does Grey see just as Set is arriving at the Mottledmare's home?
3. What did the ancient Native Americans call the plains?
4. What did the Kiowa call the rent they charged for use of Indian land?
5. As Set grows stronger, what does he begin to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Grey closes one calendar and opens another in Chapter Eleven of Book Two. What do these different calendars represent?
2. How does Set's art change as his personality begins to disintegrate?
3. What is the setting where Set begins his vision quest?
4. What is unusual about the death of Worcester Meat?
5. Who becomes the maker of shields?
6. Why does Grey feel at once humbled and important when she thinks of Set?
7. Why does Dr. Merriman's knowledge of folklore, witchcraft, and medical mythology fail to impress Set?
8. Who is the boy that Set sees and hears in the garden of his old house?
9. How does Grey feel about herself during her pregnancy?
10. In his old age, what is the last thing that the shield maker dreams? Why is this dream of his significant?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)