|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the ancient Native Americans call the plains?
(a) The land of innumerable long distances.
(b) The land of innumerable distances.
(c) The land of long distances.
(d) The land of unnameable distances.
2. What caused the Piegan people to continue to believe in the boy who turned into a bear?
(a) A hunter shot the bear.
(b) The bear became a legend.
(c) The bear came into the camp.
(d) Hunters returned from the woods with strange bear stories.
3. Why does Grey think she is beautiful?
(a) Because she is Native American.
(b) Because she is healthy and young.
(c) Because she is strong and restless.
(d) Because she is tall and slim.
4. What brings Set the greatest happiness he has known?
(a) Realizing that he is a bear.
(b) Realizing that he is free to grow.
(c) Realizing that Grey belongs to him.
(d) Realizing that his talent is unrestrained.
5. What did the Kiowa call the rent they charged for use of Indian land?
(a) Harvest money.
(b) Grass money.
(c) Field money.
(d) Seed money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Terriman say about Lola Bourne''s ability to help Set?
2. When does Grey think her mother and sister will come to like Set?
3. Who killed Billy the Kid?
4. What was the vision that Set was looking for?
5. What quality did the Kiowas have that the Navajo did not approve?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)