|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2, He Makes a Morning Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What differentiates Set from the man he sees in the mirror?
(a) The image in the glass will not move.
(b) The image in the glass is a portrait.
(c) Set's right eye is his left eye.
(d) The image in the glass seems older.
2. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
(a) It is the beginning.
(b) It is the part of literature that endures.
(c) It is the end result.
(d) It is the beginning and the end.
3. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
(a) The Pulitzer Prize.
(b) The American Book Award.
(c) The National Book Award.
(d) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
4. Who is the only fictitious character in Grey's vision of helping Billy the Kid escape from jail?
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) Bob Olinger.
(d) J.W. Bell.
5. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
(a) They're playing a game.
(b) The boy is being mean to them.
(c) They're having a foot race.
(d) The boy has become a bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Navajo part of Grey long for?
2. What is a hogleg?
3. How does Grey feel about the horse she names Dog?
4. What does each man of the plains look at first upon waking?
5. Who tells Grey that the bear is coming?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)