|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2, He Makes a Morning Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Set thinks best describes Grey's personality?
2. What prize had Momaday won when he wrote this book?
(a) The National Book Award.
(b) The Pulitzer Prize.
(c) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
(d) The American Book Award.
3. How does the author describe Kiowa life in the summertime?
(a) It was frightening.
(b) It was idyllic.
(c) It was dirty and ignorant.
(d) It was deprived.
4. Why does Set hesitate to answer the telephone?
(a) He doesn't want to confess that he is sick.
(b) He is not absolutely sure that he can speak.
(c) He doesn't want to tell the story of the bear.
(d) He doesn't want to speak to anyone.
5. How does Grey react to the news that the bear is coming?
(a) She dreams she sleeps with the bear.
(b) She dreams the bear carries her away.
(c) She dreams the bear kills her.
(d) She dreams she kills the bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Kope'mah as a child when she watched buffalo with her father?
2. What is Billy the Kid's mood in Grey's vision of him?
3. What did Grey do at about the same time she acquired Dog?
4. How did the Kiowa learn of the Piegan story?
5. What does Set look for after the vision of Bent leaves him?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)