|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2, He Makes a Morning Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Ethnographic Dictionary of Navajo language, why are astrological pursuits often associated with witchcraft?
(a) They require weird ingredients.
(b) They require solitude and darkness.
(c) They require the slaughter of animals.
(d) They require one who is consecrated to the task.
2. Why does Billy the Kid feel unable to talk to Sitting Bear?
(a) Billy the Kid is ashamed of his life.
(b) Billy the Kid is not honest.
(c) Billy the Kid has few words.
(d) Billy the Kid has commited great crimes.
3. How does Grey feel about the horse she names Dog?
(a) He is the best.
(b) He is uncontrollable.
(c) He is the best she could get.
(d) He is difficult., but teachable.
4. How does Lola Bourne feel in the Mottledmare home?
(a) She is visibly uncomfortable.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She is intrigued.
5. How many children does Koi-ehm-toya see from her tipi?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the bear do that was unusual?
2. What does Jason love best?
3. How old is Murphy Dicks?
4. What quality did the Kiowas have that the Navajo did not approve?
5. What has Billy the Kid come to learn about from Sitting Bear?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)