|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 12, They Sit So, Like Mother and Child | Book 1, Chapter 13, He Expounds: God's Boredom Is Infinite.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Grey's great-grandmother, Kope'mah, into a medicine woman?
(a) She saw Tai-me, the sacred Sun Dance doll.
(b) She had a vision of the bear.
(c) She was voted upon by the tribe.
(d) She danced in a Sun Dance.
2. In the Kiowa myth, why are the boy's sisters running from him?
(a) The boy is being mean to them.
(b) They're playing a game.
(c) They're having a foot race.
(d) The boy has become a bear.
3. How does Borges tell us myth relates to literature?
(a) It is the beginning.
(b) It is the part of literature that endures.
(c) It is the beginning and the end.
(d) It is the end result.
4. How old is Set?
5. Why did Kope'mah feel little respect for her son Worcester?
(a) He was careless and dispassionate.
(b) He was passionate and wild.
(c) He was arrogant and rude.
(d) He was violent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivated Set to compromise his artistic vision?
2. Who does Murphy think he sounds like when he talks?
3. What does death seem to be to Kope'mah?
4. How old is Dog?
5. Who does Set hope to astonish with his painting?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)