|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison feel herself to be?
2. What is the name of the man Jamison meets in this chapter?
3. What word Jamison used at a presentation made a woman angry?
4. Which section of Washington DC does Richard live in?
5. Which of the following words or phrases does Jamison not use to describe her depressive episodes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What research is James Watson doing regarding the cause of mental illness?
2. How does the department chairman react when Jamison tells him she suffers from a mental illness?
3. What does Jamison hope never to have to experience again concerning her manic episodes?
4. How is the lower dosage of lithium benefiting Jamison in chapter 9?
5. How does Jamison cope on her return to Los Angeles?
6. Why was Jamison reluctant to openly discuss her illness?
7. What does Jamison miss about her manic episodes
8. Describe the letter Jamison received after giving a presentation in chapter 10?
9. How does Jamison react to David's death?
10. Why is Jamison drawn to Wyatt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jamison occasionally examines the positive aspects of her illness. What positives can Jamison take from her illness? Would she have become the successful person she became without the illness?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Jamison's writing style. How would you describe her prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? Does she use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Jamison's style give to her story?
Essay Topic 3
What major events had a profound affect on Jamison's life and how did they change her? What does Jamison still have to learn by the end of the book?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)