Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison say her emotional and physical pain forced her to do?
2. Where does Jamison say most scientists now believe manic depressive illness comes from?
3. Who poses the question to Jamison at the start of the chapter?
4. What city does Jamison go back to?
5. Why does Jamison not have children?
What major events had a profound affect on Jamison's life and how did they change her? What does Jamison still have to learn by the end of the book?
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way Jamison uses other people in the story to express her ideas.
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)