Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison say her emotional and physical pain forced her to do?
2. Where does Jamison say most scientists now believe manic depressive illness comes from?
3. Who poses the question to Jamison at the start of the chapter?
4. What city does Jamison go back to?
5. Why does Jamison not have children?
Essay Topic 1
How much do you think Jamison changed positive representations of manic depression? What positive impact has Jamison's ideas had on society? Do you think Jamison's ideas have had any negative impacts?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following options and discuss how Jamison's illness affected that particular area in her life.
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way Jamison uses other people in the story to express her ideas.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)