|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jamison say most scientists now believe manic depressive illness comes from?
2. What can Jamison do now she is taking less lithium?
3. What does Jamison start to take regularly after David's death?
4. Which of the following scientists are at the medical conference?
5. What does Jamison not think is such a good idea?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamison cope on her return to Los Angeles?
2. Why has Jamison never had children?
3. Why is Jamison drawn to Wyatt?
4. How does the department chairman react when Jamison tells him she suffers from a mental illness?
5. How does Jamison react to David's death?
6. What research is James Watson doing regarding the cause of mental illness?
7. What does Jamison miss about her manic episodes
8. What does life in Oxford teach her?
9. Why was Jamison reluctant to openly discuss her illness?
10. What does Jamison say she now accepts about her illness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each of the following aided Jamison in her recovery against manic depression.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the people Jamison mentions in the book and discuss how they helped Jamison to recover. Could Jamison have survived without their support?
Essay Topic 3
In 500 words, and using examples from the book, discuss the difference between Jamison's life when she was not in control of her illness to when you did gain control.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)