|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of the man Jamison meets at a dinner party?
2. Which of the following poets does Jamison quote?
3. What is Richard's title?
4. What is the name of the man Jamison meets in this chapter?
5. What does Jamison recall with longing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of chapter 14?
2. Why was Jamison reluctant to openly discuss her illness?
3. What is Jamison's view on the use of slang to describe people with mental illness?
4. How does Jamison benefit when her psychiatrist lowers her dosage level?
5. How does Jamison stop the temptation of reliving her manic episodes?
6. How does Jamison react to David's death?
7. How does the department chairman react when Jamison tells him she suffers from a mental illness?
8. What does Jamison say has given her the greatest happiness?
9. Why is Jamison encouraged by a presentation at the end of chapter 11?
10. Describe the letter Jamison received after giving a presentation in chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following options and discuss how Jamison's illness affected that particular area in her life.
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
What events in Jamison's early life influenced her decision to study psychology? How different do the students think Jamison's life would been if she was from a less supportive family?
Essay Topic 3
How much do you think Jamison changed positive representations of manic depression? What positive impact has Jamison's ideas had on society? Do you think Jamison's ideas have had any negative impacts?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)