Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison say her emotional and physical pain forced her to do?
2. Where does Jamison say most scientists now believe manic depressive illness comes from?
3. Who poses the question to Jamison at the start of the chapter?
4. What city does Jamison go back to?
5. Why does Jamison not have children?
Write a 500-word essay revolving around one of the following statements:
1) By connecting manic depression to creativity there is a danger Jamison could romanticize the illness.
2) Jamison's recovery from her illness occurred at a time when most people begin to develop emotional maturity.
3) Jamison is often too subjective and fails to address the fact medication may not benefit everybody.
What events in Jamison's early life influenced her decision to study psychology? How different do the students think Jamison's life would been if she was from a less supportive family?
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)