|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jamison sometimes tempted to do?
2. Who does Jamison take with her on her long walks?
3. What kind of humor does Jamison share with the Englishman?
4. In which city does Jamison take a sabbatical?
5. Which of the following scientists are at the medical conference?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine manic depressive illness as described in the book.
1) What does Jamison feel during a manic episode?
2) What does Jamison suffer during a depressive episode?
3) Define stable state of mind?
Essay Topic 2
Jamison occasionally examines the positive aspects of her illness. What positives can Jamison take from her illness? Would she have become the successful person she became without the illness?
Essay Topic 3
An Unquiet Mind was written in 1995. Choose one of the following options and discuss how psychiatry's ideas have developed since then.
1) The use of lithium.
2) Bi-polar as a genetically inherited illness.
3) Links between bi-polar and creativity.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)