|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison say her emotional and physical pain forced her to do?
2. Where does Jamison say most scientists now believe manic depressive illness comes from?
3. Who poses the question to Jamison at the start of the chapter?
4. What city does Jamison go back to?
5. Why does Jamison not have children?
Essay Topic 1
How important is it to the study of bi-polar or manic depression that the illness is addressed by a sufferer? Can someone who does not suffer from the illness ever truly understand its complexity?
Essay Topic 2
What events in Jamison's early life influenced her decision to study psychology? How different do the students think Jamison's life would been if she was from a less supportive family?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way Jamison uses other people in the story to express her ideas.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)