Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
2. What does Jamison want to buy at the drug store?
3. What does Jamison remind her that she has been inducted into?
4. What does Jamison like to write?
5. Which children's book does Jamison reread?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jamison drawn to Wyatt?
2. What conversation does Jamison recall at the beginning of chapter 11?
3. How does Jamison mood swings affect her at college?
4. Describe the manic extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
5. How could revealing her illness affect her personal life?
6. How does another Englishman sweep Jamison off of her feet in chapter 8?
7. What does Jamison hope never to have to experience again concerning her manic episodes?
8. How does Jamison react to David's death?
9. Why has Jamison never had children?
10. What reason does Jamison give for not getting on with her sister?
How much do you think Jamison changed positive representations of manic depression? What positive impact has Jamison's ideas had on society? Do you think Jamison's ideas have had any negative impacts?
How important is it to the study of bi-polar or manic depression that the illness is addressed by a sufferer? Can someone who does not suffer from the illness ever truly understand its complexity?
Examine the following statement. Jamison focuses too much on the internal factors that cause mental illness and not enough on external factors. Using example from both the book and two other sources to support your argument.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)