|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison take to make sure she does not vomit?
2. What does Jamison refuse to do regularly?
3. In which English city does Jamison spend a few months in?
4. Who does Jamison delight in baiting?
5. What attraction is Jamison visiting when she drops her lithium tablets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jamison discover in chapter 6 when a bright young lawyer kills himself?
2. How does Jamison's disorder affect her home life?
3. Why can Jamison not go to a Ivy League school?
4. What is Jamison's opinion of using medication to treat depressive disorders?
5. What kind of work does Jamison decide to go into after graduate school?
6. Describe the manic extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
7. How is Jamison's image of herself inaccurate?
8. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
9. What indications are there that there is history of manic depression in Jamison's family?
10. What kind of work does Jamison do at the UCLA facility?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major events had a profound affect on Jamison's life and how did they change her? What does Jamison still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how each of the following aided Jamison in her recovery against manic depression.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the people Jamison mentions in the book and discuss how they helped Jamison to recover. Could Jamison have survived without their support?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)