Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
2. What does Jamison want to buy at the drug store?
3. What does Jamison remind her that she has been inducted into?
4. What does Jamison like to write?
5. Which children's book does Jamison reread?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jamison drawn to Wyatt?
2. What conversation does Jamison recall at the beginning of chapter 11?
3. How does Jamison mood swings affect her at college?
4. Describe the manic extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
5. How could revealing her illness affect her personal life?
6. How does another Englishman sweep Jamison off of her feet in chapter 8?
7. What does Jamison hope never to have to experience again concerning her manic episodes?
8. How does Jamison react to David's death?
9. Why has Jamison never had children?
10. What reason does Jamison give for not getting on with her sister?
An Unquiet Mind was written in 1995. Choose one of the following options and discuss how psychiatry's ideas have developed since then.
1) The use of lithium.
2) Bi-polar as a genetically inherited illness.
3) Links between bi-polar and creativity.
Examine manic depressive illness as described in the book.
1) What does Jamison feel during a manic episode?
2) What does Jamison suffer during a depressive episode?
3) Define stable state of mind?
Using examples from the book discuss the reasons why manic depression is connected with creativity.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)