|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word Jamison used at a presentation made a woman angry?
2. What state is John Hopkin's university in?
3. How does Jamison describe Richard?
(a) Manically funny
(b) Loving, but pompous
(c) Low key and down to earth
(d) Cute as hell
4. What does Jamison say has made her life bearable?
(d) Human contact
5. What is Jamison's title while at Oxford?
(a) The American fellow
(b) Senior research fellow
(c) Junior research fellow
(d) Senior psychiatrist
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Jamison go back to?
2. What does Jamison feel herself to be?
3. Which of the following members of Jamison's family is the only one she gives a name to?
4. What would there not be enough of if psychiatric issues stopped people from getting clinical privileges?
5. Why does Jamison not have children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jamison encouraged by a presentation at the end of chapter 11?
2. How does Jamison benefit when her psychiatrist lowers her dosage level?
3. How does Jamison react to David's death?
4. What research is James Watson doing regarding the cause of mental illness?
5. What does Jamison say she now accepts about her illness?
6. Describe the letter Jamison received after giving a presentation in chapter 10?
7. What does life in Oxford teach her?
8. How is the lower dosage of lithium benefiting Jamison in chapter 9?
9. Why does Jamison prefer the term manic depressive to bi-polar?
10. How does the department chairman react when Jamison tells him she suffers from a mental illness?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)