|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of book does the Englishman give Jamison?
(a) A book on medicine
(b) A book on manic depression
(c) A book on ironic humor
(d) A book on love
2. What does Jamison recall with longing?
(a) Her manic episodes
(b) Her first marriage
(c) Her first sexual experience
(d) Her childhood
3. What does Jamison want a heightened awareness of?
(d) Mental states
4. What university does Jamison teach at?
(b) John Hopkins
5. What did the woman think that Jamison's choice of words would do to sufferers of mental illness?
(a) Arm them
(b) Stigmitize them
(c) Romanticize them
(d) Free them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison want to discuss with the chairmen?
2. In which city does Jamison take a sabbatical?
3. What does Jamison not think is such a good idea?
4. What does Jamison say emotional stability is a sign of?
5. What is Richard's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the department chairman react when Jamison tells him she suffers from a mental illness?
2. What does Jamison remember about her mood swings?
3. What does life in Oxford teach her?
4. Describe the letter Jamison received after giving a presentation in chapter 10?
5. How does Jamison stop the temptation of reliving her manic episodes?
6. Why is Jamison drawn to Wyatt?
7. What research is James Watson doing regarding the cause of mental illness?
8. What does Jamison say has given her the greatest happiness?
9. How does Jamison react to David's death?
10. What does Jamison hope never to have to experience again concerning her manic episodes?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)