|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison say can often often accompany manic depression?
2. What does Jamison feel herself to be?
(a) A person
(b) A disciple of God
(c) A survivor
(d) Bad luck messenger
3. What does Jamison recall with longing?
(a) Her manic episodes
(b) Her childhood
(c) Her first sexual experience
(d) Her first marriage
4. What does Jamison study in Oxford?
(a) Manic depression among genuises
(b) Manic depression and William Shakespeare
(c) Manic depression among British artists and writers
(d) Manic depression among serial killers
5. What does Jamison dread re-entering?
(a) Academic routine
(b) Old friendships
(c) Her house
(d) Family life
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does the Englishman write in the book?
2. What can Jamison do now she is taking less lithium?
3. What can her mania lead to?
4. In which city does Richard live?
5. What did her illness destroy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamison react to David's death?
2. Why has Jamison never had children?
3. How does Jamison end her memoir?
4. Why is Jamison drawn to Wyatt?
5. How does the department chairman react when Jamison tells him she suffers from a mental illness?
6. How does Jamison cope on her return to Los Angeles?
7. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of chapter 14?
8. What is Jamison wary of avoiding distinguishing the use of slang to describe mental illness in chapter 10?
9. What is Jamison's view on the use of slang to describe people with mental illness?
10. Why is Jamison encouraged by a presentation at the end of chapter 11?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)