|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chairman already know about?
(a) Jamison's IQ
(b) Jamison's love for him
(c) Jamison's illness
(d) Jamison's past indiscretions
2. In which city does Jamison take a sabbatical?
3. What does Jamison say has made her life bearable?
(c) Human contact
4. What does Jamison want to discuss with the chairmen?
(a) A radio show
(b) Her illness
(c) A payrise
(d) A colleague
5. Where does Jamison say most scientists now believe manic depressive illness comes from?
(b) Too much television
(c) The Family
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jamison sometimes tempted to do?
2. What does Jamison say can often often accompany manic depression?
3. Which of the following gave Jamison great pleasure when she was in the midst of a manic mood?
4. Why would Jamison want to lower her medication?
5. How does Jamison describe Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the department chairman react when Jamison tells him she suffers from a mental illness?
2. What does Jamison hope never to have to experience again concerning her manic episodes?
3. How does Jamison end her memoir?
4. Why is Jamison drawn to Wyatt?
5. Why is Jamison encouraged by a presentation at the end of chapter 11?
6. How is the lower dosage of lithium benefiting Jamison in chapter 9?
7. What does Jamison say has given her the greatest happiness?
8. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of chapter 14?
9. How does Richard react when Jamison tells him about her mental illness?
10. Why was Jamison reluctant to openly discuss her illness?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)