|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison say is the one regret of her life?
(a) Not having children
(b) Not going to her father's funeral
(c) Selling her horse
(d) Not telling her brother she loved him
2. Which drug did Schou conduct clinical trials on?
3. What state is John Hopkin's university in?
4. Which of the following word or phrase does Jamison use to describe her manic episodes?
(b) More than just rock and roll
(c) Great gulps of life
5. What does Jamison ponder in this chapter?
(a) Japanese food
(b) The influence of language
(d) The influence of food on mental stability
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison doubt she can remember to conduct?
2. What have Jamison's exalted moods taught her?
3. What would there not be enough of if psychiatric issues stopped people from getting clinical privileges?
4. How does Jamison describe Richard?
5. What does Jamison say can often often accompany manic depression?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does another Englishman sweep Jamison off of her feet in chapter 8?
2. What does Jamison miss about her manic episodes
3. What research is James Watson doing regarding the cause of mental illness?
4. What is Jamison wary of avoiding distinguishing the use of slang to describe mental illness in chapter 10?
5. Why is Jamison drawn to Wyatt?
6. How does the department chairman react when Jamison tells him she suffers from a mental illness?
7. How is the lower dosage of lithium benefiting Jamison in chapter 9?
8. How does Jamison end her memoir?
9. How does Jamison react to David's death?
10. What does life in Oxford teach her?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)