|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jamison think she would feel when she opened up about her illness?
2. What does Jamison say has made her life bearable?
(b) Human contact
3. Which of the following poets does Jamison quote?
(a) John Donne
(b) Ezra Pound
(c) Charles Bukowski
(d) T.S. Elliott
4. Who does Jamison take with her on her long walks?
(a) Richard Wyatt
(b) Her dog
(c) Her cat
(d) Her son
5. What does Jamison want to discuss with the chairmen?
(a) Her illness
(b) A payrise
(c) A colleague
(d) A radio show
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does Jamison take a sabbatical?
2. What does Jamison say emotional stability is a sign of?
3. What does Jamison want a heightened awareness of?
4. What did the woman think that Jamison's choice of words would do to sufferers of mental illness?
5. In which city does Richard live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the letter Jamison received after giving a presentation in chapter 10?
2. What does Jamison hope never to have to experience again concerning her manic episodes?
3. How does Jamison react to David's death?
4. How could revealing her illness affect her personal life?
5. What does Jamison say has given her the greatest happiness?
6. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of chapter 14?
7. What is Jamison wary of avoiding distinguishing the use of slang to describe mental illness in chapter 10?
8. How does Richard react when Jamison tells him about her mental illness?
9. What does Jamison miss about her manic episodes
10. What is Jamison's view on the use of slang to describe people with mental illness?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)