|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison recall with longing?
(a) Her childhood
(b) Her first marriage
(c) Her manic episodes
(d) Her first sexual experience
2. What does Jamison feel herself to be?
(a) A survivor
(b) Bad luck messenger
(c) A disciple of God
(d) A person
3. Which of the following does Jamison state will contribute to the change in the way people perceive mental illness?
(b) The government
(c) Family members
4. Why does Jamison not have children?
(a) Richard already has children
(b) She does not like children
(c) She is infertile
(d) Se does not wnat want them to inherit her illness
5. Which of the following poets does Jamison quote?
(a) John Donne
(b) T.S. Elliott
(c) Ezra Pound
(d) Charles Bukowski
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schou share with Jamison?
2. What would Jamison want to be available if she chose to be manic depressive?
3. What is Jamison sometimes tempted to do?
4. Why did Jamison want to protect her family?
5. Who does Jamison recall a conversation with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jamison encouraged by a presentation at the end of chapter 11?
2. What is Jamison's view on the use of slang to describe people with mental illness?
3. How is the lower dosage of lithium benefiting Jamison in chapter 9?
4. How does another Englishman sweep Jamison off of her feet in chapter 8?
5. How does Jamison react to David's death?
6. What is Jamison wary of avoiding distinguishing the use of slang to describe mental illness in chapter 10?
7. What does Jamison say has given her the greatest happiness?
8. How does Jamison end her memoir?
9. How does Richard react when Jamison tells him about her mental illness?
10. Why does Jamison prefer the term manic depressive to bi-polar?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)