|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jamison think she would feel when she opened up about her illness?
2. What does Jamison say could lead to death?
(a) Raising her medication
(b) Bearing a child
(c) Jumping from a building
(d) Lowering her medication
3. What did one psychiatrist tell Jamison never to have?
(b) A lobotomy
(c) A husband
4. What is the nationality of the man Jamison meets at a dinner party?
(a) South African
5. What is the correct medical diagnosis of Jamison's illness?
(b) Manic depression
(c) Clinical depression
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison say is part of who she is?
2. What notable award has James Watson won?
3. How does Jamison describe Richard?
4. What does Jamison fill out an application for?
5. What does Jamison not want to rule out when talking about mental illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could revealing her illness affect her personal life?
2. What does Jamison hope never to have to experience again concerning her manic episodes?
3. Why has Jamison never had children?
4. What does Jamison remember about her mood swings?
5. Why is Jamison encouraged by a presentation at the end of chapter 11?
6. What does Jamison say she now accepts about her illness?
7. How does the department chairman react when Jamison tells him she suffers from a mental illness?
8. How does Jamison react to David's death?
9. Why does Jamison prefer the term manic depressive to bi-polar?
10. How does Jamison benefit when her psychiatrist lowers her dosage level?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)