|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chairman already know about?
(a) Jamison's love for him
(b) Jamison's past indiscretions
(c) Jamison's IQ
(d) Jamison's illness
2. What can Jamison do now she is taking less lithium?
(b) Read for pleasure
(c) Eat beans
(d) Fall in love
3. What does Jamison question at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Her sexuality
(b) Her love for her father
(c) The severity of her illness
(d) Her reluctance to discuss her illness
4. What does Jamison credit with stabilizing her moods?
5. Where does Jamison say most scientists now believe manic depressive illness comes from?
(b) The Family
(c) Too much television
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison not think is such a good idea?
2. Which of the following poets does Jamison quote?
3. What does Jamison fill out an application for?
4. Why would Jamison want to lower her medication?
5. Who does Jamison say will stop asking her questions if they know she suffers from manic depression?
Short Essay Questions
1. What research is James Watson doing regarding the cause of mental illness?
2. What is Jamison wary of avoiding distinguishing the use of slang to describe mental illness in chapter 10?
3. Why does Jamison prefer the term manic depressive to bi-polar?
4. How does Richard react when Jamison tells him about her mental illness?
5. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of chapter 14?
6. Summarize the book.
7. What does life in Oxford teach her?
8. Describe the letter Jamison received after giving a presentation in chapter 10?
9. How does the department chairman react when Jamison tells him she suffers from a mental illness?
10. What does Jamison hope never to have to experience again concerning her manic episodes?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)