|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison feel herself to be?
(a) Bad luck messenger
(b) A disciple of God
(c) A survivor
(d) A person
2. Which of the following colorful expressions does Jamison use in this chapter?
(b) Mad as a hatter
(c) Gone around the bend
(d) Nut job
3. What does Jamison fill out an application for?
(b) Clinical privileges
(c) A new job
(d) Release from hospital
4. What does Jamison ponder in this chapter?
(a) The influence of food on mental stability
(b) Japanese food
(c) The influence of language
5. What does Jamison say always accompanied her descent into depression?
(c) A headache
Short Answer Questions
1. Who poses the question to Jamison at the start of the chapter?
2. What is Jamison sometimes tempted to do?
3. In which city does Richard live?
4. What does Jamison say is the one regret of her life?
5. What does Jamison say her emotional and physical pain forced her to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamison benefit when her psychiatrist lowers her dosage level?
2. What is Jamison wary of avoiding distinguishing the use of slang to describe mental illness in chapter 10?
3. Why does Jamison prefer the term manic depressive to bi-polar?
4. How does Jamison react to David's death?
5. Summarize the book.
6. Why is Jamison encouraged by a presentation at the end of chapter 11?
7. Describe the letter Jamison received after giving a presentation in chapter 10?
8. What does Jamison say has given her the greatest happiness?
9. What conversation does Jamison recall at the beginning of chapter 11?
10. What does life in Oxford teach her?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)