|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is John Hopkin's university in?
2. Which of the following word or phrase does Jamison use to describe her manic episodes?
(b) More than just rock and roll
(d) Great gulps of life
3. Who does Jamison invite to lunch?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her sister
(c) John Hopkins
(d) The department chairman
4. Which of the following gave Jamison great pleasure when she was in the midst of a manic mood?
5. What does Jamison ponder in this chapter?
(a) The influence of food on mental stability
(b) The influence of language
(c) Japanese food
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jamison not have children?
2. What did one psychiatrist tell Jamison never to have?
3. What does Jamison say emotional stability is a sign of?
4. Who does Jamison take with her on her long walks?
5. How does Jamison describe Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the book.
2. Describe the letter Jamison received after giving a presentation in chapter 10?
3. What does Jamison miss about her manic episodes
4. What does life in Oxford teach her?
5. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of chapter 14?
6. What does Jamison say has given her the greatest happiness?
7. What research is James Watson doing regarding the cause of mental illness?
8. Why does Jamison prefer the term manic depressive to bi-polar?
9. What does Jamison remember about her mood swings?
10. How does Jamison stop the temptation of reliving her manic episodes?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)