|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jamison want to protect her family?
(a) They all have weak hearts
(b) Manic depression is genetically based
(c) They did not know about her illness
(d) They shy away from fame
2. Which section of Washington DC does Richard live in?
(b) Columbia Heights
3. What does Jamison say emotional stability is a sign of?
(a) Hard work
4. Why does Jamison not have children?
(a) Richard already has children
(b) Se does not wnat want them to inherit her illness
(c) She is infertile
(d) She does not like children
5. What does Jamison recall with longing?
(a) Her manic episodes
(b) Her first sexual experience
(c) Her first marriage
(d) Her childhood
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does Jamison compare the addictiveness of her manic states to?
2. What does Jamison fill out an application for?
3. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of the chapter?
4. What does Jamison want a heightened awareness of?
5. What did James Watson discover?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamison end her memoir?
2. How does Jamison react to David's death?
3. What does Jamison say has given her the greatest happiness?
4. What conversation does Jamison recall at the beginning of chapter 11?
5. What does Jamison hope never to have to experience again concerning her manic episodes?
6. How does another Englishman sweep Jamison off of her feet in chapter 8?
7. How does Jamison cope on her return to Los Angeles?
8. How is the lower dosage of lithium benefiting Jamison in chapter 9?
9. Summarize the book.
10. How does Richard react when Jamison tells him about her mental illness?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)