|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison say is the one regret of her life?
(a) Not going to her father's funeral
(b) Not telling her brother she loved him
(c) Selling her horse
(d) Not having children
2. What drug does Jamison compare the addictiveness of her manic states to?
3. Who does Jamison recall a conversation with?
(a) Johann Johannsen
(b) Delmore Scwartz
(c) Mogens Schou
(d) Johan Cryuff
4. What did Jamison think she would feel when she opened up about her illness?
5. What would Jamison want to be available if she chose to be manic depressive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison ponder in this chapter?
2. What does Jamison say could lead to death?
3. Why does Jamison prefer the term manic depressive illness?
4. What does the chairman already know about?
5. What notable award has James Watson won?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of chapter 14?
2. How does another Englishman sweep Jamison off of her feet in chapter 8?
3. What does life in Oxford teach her?
4. How could revealing her illness affect her personal life?
5. Describe the letter Jamison received after giving a presentation in chapter 10?
6. What is Jamison's view on the use of slang to describe people with mental illness?
7. Why was Jamison reluctant to openly discuss her illness?
8. What is Jamison wary of avoiding distinguishing the use of slang to describe mental illness in chapter 10?
9. What does Jamison say she now accepts about her illness?
10. Why does Jamison prefer the term manic depressive to bi-polar?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)