|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man Jamison meets in this chapter?
(a) Richard Wyatt
(b) Peter Davis
(c) Dick West
(d) Glynn Dorm
2. Which of the following scientists are at the medical conference?
(a) Lauren Smith
(b) David Bell
(c) James Watson
(d) Paul Ewood
3. What kind of humor does Jamison share with the Englishman?
4. What type of flowers does Jamison place at David's grave?
5. What does Jamison not think is such a good idea?
(a) Mentally ill people having children
(b) Two mentally ill people getting married
(c) Political and medical correctness
(d) The use of slang to describe mental illness
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jamison take with her on her long walks?
2. What does Jamison not want to rule out when talking about mental illness?
3. What would there not be enough of if psychiatric issues stopped people from getting clinical privileges?
4. What does Jamison want to discuss with the chairmen?
5. What does Jamison study in Oxford?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could revealing her illness affect her personal life?
2. Why was Jamison reluctant to openly discuss her illness?
3. What does Jamison hope never to have to experience again concerning her manic episodes?
4. How does Richard react when Jamison tells him about her mental illness?
5. What is Jamison's view on the use of slang to describe people with mental illness?
6. What does Jamison remember about her mood swings?
7. Why has Jamison never had children?
8. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of chapter 14?
9. Why is Jamison drawn to Wyatt?
10. What does Jamison say she now accepts about her illness?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)