|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Jamison do now she is taking less lithium?
(b) Fall in love
(c) Eat beans
(d) Read for pleasure
2. In which city does Jamison take a sabbatical?
3. What illness does Richard research?
(a) Clinical depression
(c) Manic depression
4. What message does the Englishman write in the book?
(a) Thank you for everything.
(b) Marry me
(c) Forget me and you can forget life
(d) Thank you for a lovely weekend. They tell me it rained.
5. What does Jamison credit with stabilizing her moods?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man Jamison meets in this chapter?
2. Which of the following colorful expressions does Jamison use in this chapter?
3. What does Jamison doubt she can remember to conduct?
4. Who does Jamison take with her on her long walks?
5. What would Jamison want to be available if she chose to be manic depressive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamison benefit when her psychiatrist lowers her dosage level?
2. What does Jamison miss about her manic episodes
3. Why does Jamison prefer the term manic depressive to bi-polar?
4. How does Jamison cope on her return to Los Angeles?
5. How does another Englishman sweep Jamison off of her feet in chapter 8?
6. What does life in Oxford teach her?
7. What does Jamison hope never to have to experience again concerning her manic episodes?
8. What is Jamison's view on the use of slang to describe people with mental illness?
9. What conversation does Jamison recall at the beginning of chapter 11?
10. What does Jamison say has given her the greatest happiness?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)