|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city does Jamison take a sabbatical?
2. Which of the following gave Jamison great pleasure when she was in the midst of a manic mood?
3. Why did Jamison want to protect her family?
(a) They shy away from fame
(b) They all have weak hearts
(c) They did not know about her illness
(d) Manic depression is genetically based
4. Which of the following poets does Jamison quote?
(a) Charles Bukowski
(b) John Donne
(c) T.S. Elliott
(d) Ezra Pound
5. Which English town is David buried in?
(a) Leighton Buzzard
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Jamison go back to?
2. Who does Jamison recall a conversation with?
3. Where does Jamison say most scientists now believe manic depressive illness comes from?
4. What message does the Englishman write in the book?
5. Which of the following sometimes triggers a memory of earlier days as a manic depressive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jamison remember about her mood swings?
2. What does life in Oxford teach her?
3. What does Jamison say she now accepts about her illness?
4. What is Jamison's view on the use of slang to describe people with mental illness?
5. Summarize the book.
6. Why does Jamison prefer the term manic depressive to bi-polar?
7. What conversation does Jamison recall at the beginning of chapter 11?
8. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of chapter 14?
9. How does Jamison end her memoir?
10. How is the lower dosage of lithium benefiting Jamison in chapter 9?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)