|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison start to take regularly after David's death?
2. Who does Jamison recall a conversation with?
(a) Johan Cryuff
(b) Mogens Schou
(c) Delmore Scwartz
(d) Johann Johannsen
3. Which of the following members of Jamison's family is the only one she gives a name to?
(a) None of them
(b) Her cousin
(c) Her brother
(d) Her sister
4. What did her illness destroy?
(a) Her credit status
(b) All pleasure and relationships
(c) Her furniture
(d) Her co-ordination
5. What does Jamison say always accompanied her descent into depression?
(d) A headache
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison still grieve for?
2. What does Jamison say she is grateful for?
3. Why did Jamison want to protect her family?
4. What did Jamison think she would feel when she opened up about her illness?
5. Which section of Washington DC does Richard live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the lower dosage of lithium benefiting Jamison in chapter 9?
2. Why is Jamison encouraged by a presentation at the end of chapter 11?
3. How does another Englishman sweep Jamison off of her feet in chapter 8?
4. How does Jamison end her memoir?
5. How could revealing her illness affect her personal life?
6. What is Jamison wary of avoiding distinguishing the use of slang to describe mental illness in chapter 10?
7. How does the department chairman react when Jamison tells him she suffers from a mental illness?
8. Summarize the book.
9. How does Jamison cope on her return to Los Angeles?
10. What does life in Oxford teach her?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)