|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does the Englishman write in the book?
(a) Thank you for a lovely weekend. They tell me it rained.
(b) Marry me
(c) Forget me and you can forget life
(d) Thank you for everything.
2. What did her illness destroy?
(a) All pleasure and relationships
(b) Her credit status
(c) Her co-ordination
(d) Her furniture
3. Which section of Washington DC does Richard live in?
(a) Columbia Heights
4. What does Jamison say emotional stability is a sign of?
(d) Hard work
5. Who did Jamison want to protect by not talking about her illness?
(a) Her friends
(b) Her family
(c) Her colleagues
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison say is the one regret of her life?
2. What word Jamison used at a presentation made a woman angry?
3. Which of the following members of Jamison's family is the only one she gives a name to?
4. What country does Mogens Schou come from?
5. What does Jamison dread re-entering?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the department chairman react when Jamison tells him she suffers from a mental illness?
2. How does another Englishman sweep Jamison off of her feet in chapter 8?
3. Why is Jamison encouraged by a presentation at the end of chapter 11?
4. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of chapter 14?
5. How does Jamison cope on her return to Los Angeles?
6. What is Jamison's view on the use of slang to describe people with mental illness?
7. What does Jamison hope never to have to experience again concerning her manic episodes?
8. What does Jamison remember about her mood swings?
9. What is Jamison wary of avoiding distinguishing the use of slang to describe mental illness in chapter 10?
10. How does Richard react when Jamison tells him about her mental illness?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)