|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Jamison want to lower her medication?
(a) To lose weight
(b) To think clearly
(c) To communicate better
(d) To relive the excitement of her moods
2. What is the name of the man Jamison meets in this chapter?
(a) Dick West
(b) Glynn Dorm
(c) Peter Davis
(d) Richard Wyatt
3. What message does the Englishman write in the book?
(a) Marry me
(b) Forget me and you can forget life
(c) Thank you for a lovely weekend. They tell me it rained.
(d) Thank you for everything.
4. What does Jamison say always accompanied her descent into depression?
(c) A headache
5. What does Jamison feel herself to be?
(a) A disciple of God
(b) Bad luck messenger
(c) A survivor
(d) A person
Short Answer Questions
1. What word Jamison used at a presentation made a woman angry?
2. What illness does Richard research?
3. What would Jamison want to be available if she chose to be manic depressive?
4. What country does Mogens Schou come from?
5. What kind of humor does Jamison share with the Englishman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the letter Jamison received after giving a presentation in chapter 10?
2. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of chapter 14?
3. Why is Jamison drawn to Wyatt?
4. Summarize the book.
5. What is Jamison wary of avoiding distinguishing the use of slang to describe mental illness in chapter 10?
6. What does Jamison say she now accepts about her illness?
7. How does Jamison benefit when her psychiatrist lowers her dosage level?
8. What does life in Oxford teach her?
9. How does the department chairman react when Jamison tells him she suffers from a mental illness?
10. How is the lower dosage of lithium benefiting Jamison in chapter 9?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)