|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison take to make sure she does not vomit?
(a) An anti-hemetic
(b) An anti-body
(c) An anti-emetic
(d) An anti-goo
2. What university did Jamison want to go to?
(d) New York
3. What university does Jamison receive a federal grant to attend?
(a) Oxford University
(b) New York
(c) St. Andrew's University
4. Why does Jamison decline Laurie's invitation to go to dinner?
(a) He won't let her pay
(b) She is too busy
(c) She is still married
(d) She does not find him attractive
5. Which member of Jamison's family becomes her emotional bedrock?
(a) Her father
(b) Her sister
(c) Her mother
(d) Her brother
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jamison shoplift a blouse?
2. What is Jamison's brother researching the economic aspects of?
3. What kind of snake does Jamison want to protect herself against?
4. In which English city does Jamison spend a few months in?
5. What Jamison say she needs to break her dark moods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamison's first visit to a psychiatric hospital affect her?
2. Describe the depressive extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
3. How does Jamison's disorder affect her home life?
4. What is Jamison's sister's views on lithium?
5. How does Jamison mood swings affect her at college?
6. Why does Jamison admire her older brother?
7. What reason does Jamison give for not getting on with her sister?
8. How does Jamison prove that manic depression is linked with greater creativity?
9. What is an example of Jamison's manic behavior?
10. How does Jamison manage to simplify her life?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)