|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison find it difficult doing when she is on lithium?
2. What is the name of the man Jamison meets at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Philip White
(b) Lawrence Petersen
(c) David Laurie
(d) James Goldfield
3. What happened to the pilot in the military jet?
(a) He broke his back
(b) He lost his legs
(c) He burned to death
(d) He lost an arm
4. At what school is Jamison a psychiatrist?
(a) Oxford University
(b) Yale University
(c) John Hopkins University of Medicine
(d) Sir John Moores University
5. Who helps Jamison pay off her debts?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her brother
(c) Her husband
(d) Her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Which children's book does Jamison reread?
2. What animal does Jamison want to buy?
3. What is Jamison's brother researching the economic aspects of?
4. Which poet does Jamison make 40 copies of?
5. In what country is St. Andrew's located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamison's disorder affect her home life?
2. What reason does Jamison give for connecting manic depressives with creativity?
3. What is an example of Jamison's manic behavior?
4. How does Jamison manage to simplify her life?
5. How is Jamison's image of herself inaccurate?
6. How does the concert in chapter 6 benefit manic depressives?
7. Why does Jamison start reading children's books?
8. What does Jamison think of St. Andrews?
9. How does Jamison describe her early childhood years?
10. What is Jamison's sister's views on lithium?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)