|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison join in 1974?
(a) The bi-polar society
(b) The Yale Faculty
(c) The UCLA faculty
(d) The Tennyson society
2. What does lithium force Jamison to give up?
3. What was Jamison doing when the military jet crashed?
(a) Flying a kite
(b) Eating lunch
(c) Playing in the school yard
(d) Learning math
4. What is threatened when Jamison enters are depressive stage?
(a) Her family
(b) Her life
(c) Her work
(d) Her marriage
5. Which member of her family does Jamison say she adores?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her sister
(c) Her father
(d) Her brother
Short Answer Questions
1. What Jamison say she needs to break her dark moods?
2. Which of the following words does Jamison use to describe her illness?
3. What university does Jamison receive a federal grant to attend?
4. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
5. Which of the following composers does the orchestra not play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jamison admire her older brother?
2. How does David help Jamison get over a depressive episode?
3. How does David react when Jamison tell him about her illness?
4. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
5. What kind of work does Jamison do at the UCLA facility?
6. Why can Jamison not go to a Ivy League school?
7. How is Jamison's image of herself inaccurate?
8. How does Jamison prove that manic depression is linked with greater creativity?
9. How does Jamison's brother save her life in chapter 5?
10. What does Jamison think of St. Andrews?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)