|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Jamison not afford spending sprees?
(a) She needs to buy a car
(b) She has to pay for college
(c) She is already in debt
(d) She is saving for a house
2. Which children's book does Jamison reread?
(a) Wind in the willows
(b) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
(c) Winnie the Pooh
(d) Kevin the Kitten
3. What happened to the pilot in the military jet?
(a) He broke his back
(b) He burned to death
(c) He lost an arm
(d) He lost his legs
4. Why does Jamison encounter resistance from the medical school for her clinic?
(a) She is taking lithium
(b) She is having a manic episode
(c) She is not a physician
(d) She is a woman
5. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jamison and Laurie stay in touch?
2. In which English city does Jamison spend a few months in?
3. What does Jamison's faculty member believe Jamison to be in the middle of during a party?
4. What does Jamison's father try to determine the IQ scores of?
5. Which of the book's character's says off we go into the wild blue yonder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Jamison give for connecting manic depressives with creativity?
2. What is Jamison's opinion of using medication to treat depressive disorders?
3. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
4. Describe the depressive extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
5. How does David help Jamison get over a depressive episode?
6. Why does Jamison start reading children's books?
7. What does Jamison think of St. Andrews?
8. What happens to Jamison as she is walking through a garden campus in chapter 2?
9. How does Jamison's disorder affect her home life?
10. How does Jamison's first visit to a psychiatric hospital affect her?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)