|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following composers does the orchestra not play?
2. What nationality is Jamison's husband?
3. Which of the following two words does Jamison use to describe her husband?
(a) Depressive and beautiful
(b) Horribly handsome
(c) Witty and loving
(d) Talented and kind
4. What country is David Laurie from?
5. Who helps Jamison pay off her debts?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her brother
(c) Her mother
(d) Her sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jamison's brother researching the economic aspects of?
2. What does Jamison establish at her university in this chapter?
3. What does Jamison's father try to determine the IQ scores of?
4. Which American poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
5. Which member of Jamison's family becomes her emotional bedrock?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David help Jamison get over a depressive episode?
2. What conversation does Jamison recall at the beginning of chapter 11?
3. What reason does Jamison give for connecting manic depressives with creativity?
4. How is Jamison's image of herself inaccurate?
5. How does David react when Jamison tell him about her illness?
6. What research is James Watson doing regarding the cause of mental illness?
7. How does Jamison's brother save her life in chapter 5?
8. Why was Jamison reluctant to openly discuss her illness?
9. What happens to Jamison as she is walking through a garden campus in chapter 2?
10. What is Jamison's view on the use of slang to describe people with mental illness?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)