|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jamison decline Laurie's invitation to go to dinner?
(a) She is too busy
(b) She is still married
(c) He won't let her pay
(d) She does not find him attractive
2. What does Jamison establish at her university in this chapter?
(a) The UCLA Art and Mental Illness Clinic
(b) The Neuropsychiatry Institute
(c) The UCLA Affective Disorders Clinic
(d) The UCLA Manic Depressive Clinic
3. What is the name of the man Jamison meets at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) David Laurie
(b) Philip White
(c) James Goldfield
(d) Lawrence Petersen
4. What does Jamison say was filled with warmth, friendship and confidence?
(a) Her childhood
(b) Her realationship with her father
(c) Her relationship with her teachers
(d) Her adulthood
5. In what room does Jamison sleep in to help with her feelings of nausea?
(a) The bedroom
(b) The conservatory
(c) The bathroom
(d) The dining room
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the pilot in the military jet?
2. What was Jamison doing when the military jet crashed?
3. Who does Jamison find sitting at her office desk in this chapter?
4. What kind of snake does Jamison want to protect herself against?
5. What job does the bright young man have who kills himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jamison discover in chapter 6 when a bright young lawyer kills himself?
2. Describe the depressive extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
3. How does David react when Jamison tell him about her illness?
4. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
5. What does Jamison think of St. Andrews?
6. What kind of work does Jamison decide to go into after graduate school?
7. Describe the manic extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
8. What reason does Jamison give for not getting on with her sister?
9. How does Jamison's first visit to a psychiatric hospital affect her?
10. In what way did Jamison's time at college turn out to be a positive experience?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)