|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison think about when her moods are very low?
(a) Images of death
(d) Everyone hates her
2. What is the name of the magazine the psychiatry resident is reading?
(a) Physician's Desk Reference
(b) Physician's Guide to Good Care
(c) Total Film
(d) Total Sport
3. What happened to the pilot in the military jet?
(a) He lost an arm
(b) He broke his back
(c) He burned to death
(d) He lost his legs
4. In what country is St. Andrew's located?
5. What does Jamison like to write?
(c) Short stories
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Jamison's brother have a PHD in?
2. What does Jamison establish at her university in this chapter?
3. Which American poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
4. Which Welsh poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
5. What does Jamison find it difficult doing when she is on lithium?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamison's brother save her life in chapter 5?
2. Describe the depressive extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
3. How does Jamison hear about David's death?
4. Why does Jamison admire her older brother?
5. What kind of work does Jamison do at the UCLA facility?
6. How does Jamison manage to simplify her life?
7. What does Jamison think of St. Andrews?
8. In what way did Jamison's time at college turn out to be a positive experience?
9. What indications are there that there is history of manic depression in Jamison's family?
10. Why can Jamison not go to a Ivy League school?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)