|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Jamison not afford spending sprees?
(a) She is saving for a house
(b) She has to pay for college
(c) She needs to buy a car
(d) She is already in debt
2. What kind of snake does Jamison want to protect herself against?
(a) A rattle snake
(b) A brown snake
(c) A grass snake
(d) An adder
3. What does Jamison like to put in her morning orange juice?
4. What does Jamison say was filled with warmth, friendship and confidence?
(a) Her childhood
(b) Her relationship with her teachers
(c) Her realationship with her father
(d) Her adulthood
5. What does Jamison establish at her university in this chapter?
(a) The UCLA Affective Disorders Clinic
(b) The UCLA Manic Depressive Clinic
(c) The Neuropsychiatry Institute
(d) The UCLA Art and Mental Illness Clinic
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Jamison never repay back to her brother?
2. What does Jamison claim manic depressive illness is linked with?
3. Which European city does Jamison's brother call her from?
4. At what school is Jamison a psychiatrist?
5. What does Jamison want to buy at the drug store?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamison describe her early childhood years?
2. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
3. What is Jamison's opinion of using medication to treat depressive disorders?
4. What is Jamison's sister's views on lithium?
5. How does Jamison prove that manic depression is linked with greater creativity?
6. Describe the depressive extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
7. Why does Jamison start reading children's books?
8. How does Jamison hear about David's death?
9. How does Jamison mood swings affect her at college?
10. How does the concert in chapter 6 benefit manic depressives?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)