|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison say takes hours to do when she is depressed?
(a) Making a cup of coffee
(b) Washing her feet
(c) Washing her hair
(d) Waking up
2. Which of the following two words does Jamison use to describe her husband?
(a) Witty and loving
(b) Horribly handsome
(c) Depressive and beautiful
(d) Talented and kind
3. What is manic depression also known as?
(a) Black dog
(c) Manic moods
4. What drug has the physician injected his patient with?
5. Who does Jamison try and reconcile with in this chapter?
(a) Her son
(b) Her father
(c) Her husband
(d) David Laurie
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the pilot in the military jet?
2. What subject does Jamison's brother have a PHD in?
3. Which of the following words does Jamison use to describe her illness?
4. What did Jamison feel when her brother was around?
5. Which poet does Jamison make 40 copies of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamison describe her early childhood years?
2. How does Jamison mood swings affect her at college?
3. Why can Jamison not go to a Ivy League school?
4. What happens to Jamison as she is walking through a garden campus in chapter 2?
5. What reason does Jamison give for connecting manic depressives with creativity?
6. What does Jamison discover in chapter 6 when a bright young lawyer kills himself?
7. What indications are there that there is history of manic depression in Jamison's family?
8. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
9. How does Jamison prove that manic depression is linked with greater creativity?
10. How is Jamison's image of herself inaccurate?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)