|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following two words does Jamison use to describe her husband?
(a) Horribly handsome
(b) Talented and kind
(c) Depressive and beautiful
(d) Witty and loving
2. What does Jamison refuse to do regularly?
(a) Take Halpol
(b) Take her lithium
(c) Read poetry
(d) Go to work
3. What does Jamison remind her that she has been inducted into?
(a) A mostly female faculty club
(b) A manchild's faculty club
(c) A mostly male faculty club
(d) A chauvinist's faculty club
4. What does Jamison establish at her university in this chapter?
(a) The Neuropsychiatry Institute
(b) The UCLA Manic Depressive Clinic
(c) The UCLA Affective Disorders Clinic
(d) The UCLA Art and Mental Illness Clinic
5. What does Jamison say was filled with warmth, friendship and confidence?
(a) Her adulthood
(b) Her childhood
(c) Her relationship with her teachers
(d) Her realationship with her father
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was Andrews Air Force Base situated?
2. What is the name of the hospital Jamison visits at 15?
3. What does Jamison's faculty member believe Jamison to be in the middle of during a party?
4. Which of the book's character's says off we go into the wild blue yonder?
5. Which of the following words does Jamison use to describe her illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of work does Jamison decide to go into after graduate school?
2. What happens to Jamison as she is walking through a garden campus in chapter 2?
3. What reason does Jamison give for connecting manic depressives with creativity?
4. What is an example of Jamison's manic behavior?
5. How does Jamison manage to simplify her life?
6. Why can Jamison not go to a Ivy League school?
7. What does Jamison discover in chapter 6 when a bright young lawyer kills himself?
8. Why does Jamison start reading children's books?
9. How does Jamison prove that manic depression is linked with greater creativity?
10. How does Jamison's brother save her life in chapter 5?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)