|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison claim manic depressive illness is linked with?
2. In what room does Jamison sleep in to help with her feelings of nausea?
(a) The dining room
(b) The conservatory
(c) The bedroom
(d) The bathroom
3. What is threatened when Jamison enters are depressive stage?
(a) Her marriage
(b) Her work
(c) Her family
(d) Her life
4. What is Jamison reluctant to surrender to when she is manic?
(c) The government
(d) Her brother
5. Why does Jamison decline Laurie's invitation to go to dinner?
(a) She is still married
(b) He won't let her pay
(c) She does not find him attractive
(d) She is too busy
Short Answer Questions
1. What Jamison say she needs to break her dark moods?
2. Which American poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
3. At what school is Jamison a psychiatrist?
4. What does Jamison say takes hours to do when she is depressed?
5. What does lithium force Jamison to give up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Jamison not go to a Ivy League school?
2. How does Jamison's brother save her life in chapter 5?
3. What does Jamison discover in chapter 6 when a bright young lawyer kills himself?
4. What reason does Jamison give for connecting manic depressives with creativity?
5. Why does Jamison admire her older brother?
6. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
7. How does Jamison's first visit to a psychiatric hospital affect her?
8. How does the concert in chapter 6 benefit manic depressives?
9. What kind of work does Jamison do at the UCLA facility?
10. In what way did Jamison's time at college turn out to be a positive experience?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)