|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does lithium force Jamison to give up?
2. What country is David Laurie from?
3. What is manic depression also known as?
(c) Manic moods
(d) Black dog
4. What does Jamison want to buy at the drug store?
(a) A snake bite kit
5. Why does Jamison encounter resistance from the medical school for her clinic?
(a) She is a woman
(b) She is taking lithium
(c) She is having a manic episode
(d) She is not a physician
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the air crash become a metaphor for?
2. What university did Jamison want to go to?
3. What does Jamison say happens after several years of taking lithium?
4. What does Jamison say she must do before she becomes associate professor?
5. How do Jamison and Laurie stay in touch?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way did Jamison's time at college turn out to be a positive experience?
2. Why is Jamison encouraged by a presentation at the end of chapter 11?
3. Why does Jamison start reading children's books?
4. Summarize the book.
5. What does Jamison discover in chapter 6 when a bright young lawyer kills himself?
6. What indications are there that there is history of manic depression in Jamison's family?
7. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
8. Describe the letter Jamison received after giving a presentation in chapter 10?
9. How does Jamison hear about David's death?
10. Describe the manic extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)