|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jamison's brother researching the economic aspects of?
(a) Communist buildings during Stalism
(b) Dam-building by beavers
(d) British housing schemes during Thatcherism
2. What is a hospital candy striper?
(a) A student volunteer
(b) A manic depressive patient
(c) Am army child
(d) A homosexual
3. Which of the following words does Jamison use to describe her illness?
4. What kind of snake does Jamison want to protect herself against?
(a) A grass snake
(b) A brown snake
(c) An adder
(d) A rattle snake
5. What does lithium force Jamison to give up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which American poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
2. What is the name of the hospital Jamison visits at 15?
3. What does Jamison's father find it difficult to do when he is clinically depressed?
4. What sea does Jamison say makes the weather harsh at St. Andrew's?
5. What does Jamison say was filled with warmth, friendship and confidence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamison hear about David's death?
2. How does Jamison manage to simplify her life?
3. What happens to Jamison as she is walking through a garden campus in chapter 2?
4. How does Jamison's first visit to a psychiatric hospital affect her?
5. How does David react when Jamison tell him about her illness?
6. What does Jamison discover in chapter 6 when a bright young lawyer kills himself?
7. What happens to the plane that flies over the school yard in the first chapter?
8. What does Jamison find attractive about David Laurie?
9. How does Jamison describe her early childhood years?
10. What indications are there that there is history of manic depression in Jamison's family?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)