|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sea does Jamison say makes the weather harsh at St. Andrew's?
(a) The North Sea
(b) The Irish sea
(c) The Black sea
(d) The Dead sea
2. What does Jamison claim manic depressive illness is linked with?
3. What is Eros?
(a) The life force
(b) The death force
(c) The water source
(d) The food source
4. Which American poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
(a) Delmore Schwartz
(b) Walt Whitman
(c) T.S Elliot
(d) Erza Pound
5. What university does Jamison receive a federal grant to attend?
(a) Oxford University
(c) St. Andrew's University
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of her family does Jamison say she adores?
2. Which European city does Jamison's brother call her from?
3. Which of the following does Jamison like about the UCLA?
4. Who does Jamison try and reconcile with in this chapter?
5. What does Jamison remind her that she has been inducted into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jamison wary of avoiding distinguishing the use of slang to describe mental illness in chapter 10?
2. How does David react when Jamison tell him about her illness?
3. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
4. How does Jamison end her memoir?
5. What does Jamison miss about her manic episodes
6. What indications are there that there is history of manic depression in Jamison's family?
7. How does the concert in chapter 6 benefit manic depressives?
8. What conversation does Jamison recall at the beginning of chapter 11?
9. What does Jamison find attractive about David Laurie?
10. How does Jamison react to David's death?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)