|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison join in 1974?
(a) The Tennyson society
(b) The Yale Faculty
(c) The UCLA faculty
(d) The bi-polar society
2. What feeling is Jamison filled with during a manic episode?
(a) Intelligence and imaginaton
(b) Hate and darkness
(c) Self-confidence and well-being
(d) Love and happiness
3. What is the only drug Jamison says can save her?
4. What does Jamison like to write?
(a) Short stories
5. How do Jamison and Laurie stay in touch?
(b) Telephone calls
(c) Text messages
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison like to put in her morning orange juice?
2. What subject does Jamison's brother have a PHD in?
3. What does Jamison remind her that she has been inducted into?
4. Why can Jamison not afford spending sprees?
5. What is threatened when Jamison enters are depressive stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way did Jamison's time at college turn out to be a positive experience?
2. What does Jamison think of St. Andrews?
3. Why does Jamison start reading children's books?
4. Describe the depressive extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
5. How does the concert in chapter 6 benefit manic depressives?
6. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
7. What kind of work does Jamison decide to go into after graduate school?
8. How does Jamison manage to simplify her life?
9. What happens to the plane that flies over the school yard in the first chapter?
10. How does Jamison's first visit to a psychiatric hospital affect her?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)