|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the air crash become a metaphor for?
(a) Jamison's marriages
(b) The Iraq war
(c) Jamison's manic-depression
(d) Jamison's parent's divorce
2. What is Eros?
(a) The food source
(b) The water source
(c) The death force
(d) The life force
3. What does Jamison say happens after several years of taking lithium?
(a) She becomes immune
(b) She loses her creative spark
(c) She puts on weight
(d) Her moods begin to level out
4. What kind of glove did Jamison used to wear as a society girl in Washington DC?
(a) Woollen gloves
(b) Fingerless gloves
(c) Length white gloves
(d) Ski gloves
5. What do David and Jamison meet for almost every day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jamison encounter resistance from the medical school for her clinic?
2. Who does Jamison try and reconcile with in this chapter?
3. Which American poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
4. Who does Jamison inherit her manic depression from?
5. What does Jamison find too emotional?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way did Jamison's time at college turn out to be a positive experience?
2. What kind of work does Jamison do at the UCLA facility?
3. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
4. How does the concert in chapter 6 benefit manic depressives?
5. What does Jamison think of St. Andrews?
6. What reason does Jamison give for not getting on with her sister?
7. What does Jamison find attractive about David Laurie?
8. What reason does Jamison give for connecting manic depressives with creativity?
9. What does Jamison discover in chapter 6 when a bright young lawyer kills himself?
10. Why can Jamison not go to a Ivy League school?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)