|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jamison doing when the military jet crashed?
(a) Playing in the school yard
(b) Flying a kite
(c) Learning math
(d) Eating lunch
2. Which member of Jamison's family is she particularly grateful to for saving her life?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her mother
(c) Her brother
(d) Her father
3. Why does Jamison encounter resistance from the medical school for her clinic?
(a) She is taking lithium
(b) She is a woman
(c) She is not a physician
(d) She is having a manic episode
4. Which of the following words does Jamison use to describe her illness?
5. Which of the following drugs is Jamison not researching?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following two words does Jamison use to describe her husband?
2. Who does Jamison delight in baiting?
3. At what school is Jamison a psychiatrist?
4. Who does Jamison inherit her manic depression from?
5. What poet does Jamison think of when she is walking through the university gardens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of work does Jamison do at the UCLA facility?
2. How does Jamison's first visit to a psychiatric hospital affect her?
3. How does Jamison mood swings affect her at college?
4. What is an example of Jamison's manic behavior?
5. Describe the depressive extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
6. What is Jamison's sister's views on lithium?
7. How does the concert in chapter 6 benefit manic depressives?
8. Why does Jamison start reading children's books?
9. How does Jamison prove that manic depression is linked with greater creativity?
10. How does Jamison manage to simplify her life?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)