|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drug has the physician injected his patient with?
2. What Jamison say she needs to break her dark moods?
(b) Gentle discipline
(d) Firm discipline
3. What does Jamison's father try to determine the IQ scores of?
(a) IBM computers
(b) The working class
(c) Privately schooled adults
(d) Historical figures
4. What is the name of the hospital Jamison visits at 15?
(a) St. Drake's
(b) St. Elizabeth's
(c) St. George's
(d) St. Wencelas'
5. What does Jamison's faculty member believe Jamison to be in the middle of during a party?
(a) A depressive episode
(b) A divorce
(c) A manic episode
(d) A busy day
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jamison reluctant to surrender to when she is manic?
2. In what room does Jamison sleep in to help with her feelings of nausea?
3. What does the air crash become a metaphor for?
4. How do Jamison and Laurie stay in touch?
5. What does Jamison refuse to do regularly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of work does Jamison decide to go into after graduate school?
2. How does the concert in chapter 6 benefit manic depressives?
3. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of chapter 14?
4. What is an example of Jamison's manic behavior?
5. What does Jamison think of St. Andrews?
6. How does Jamison cope on her return to Los Angeles?
7. Why is Jamison encouraged by a presentation at the end of chapter 11?
8. How does Jamison describe her early childhood years?
9. What is Jamison wary of avoiding distinguishing the use of slang to describe mental illness in chapter 10?
10. What reason does Jamison give for connecting manic depressives with creativity?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)