Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
2. What does Jamison want to buy at the drug store?
(a) A snake bite kit
3. What does Jamison remind her that she has been inducted into?
(a) A mostly male faculty club
(b) A chauvinist's faculty club
(c) A manchild's faculty club
(d) A mostly female faculty club
4. What does Jamison like to write?
(b) Short stories
5. Which children's book does Jamison reread?
(a) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
(b) Winnie the Pooh
(c) Kevin the Kitten
(d) Wind in the willows
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison say was filled with warmth, friendship and confidence?
2. Which American poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
3. What kind of glove did Jamison used to wear as a society girl in Washington DC?
4. What is Jamison reluctant to surrender to when she is manic?
5. What is a hospital candy striper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jamison drawn to Wyatt?
2. What conversation does Jamison recall at the beginning of chapter 11?
3. How does Jamison mood swings affect her at college?
4. Describe the manic extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
5. How could revealing her illness affect her personal life?
6. How does another Englishman sweep Jamison off of her feet in chapter 8?
7. What does Jamison hope never to have to experience again concerning her manic episodes?
8. How does Jamison react to David's death?
9. Why has Jamison never had children?
10. What reason does Jamison give for not getting on with her sister?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)