|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Jamison say she needs to break her dark moods?
(b) Gentle discipline
(d) Firm discipline
2. Who does David invite to dinner in this chapter?
(a) Czech professors
(b) British military officers
(d) His mother
3. What does Jamison decide to do before entertaining guests?
(a) Shout at her husband
(b) Put on makeup
(c) Run around the house
(d) Clean out the medicine cabinet
4. What corporation did Jamison's father work at?
5. Why can Jamison not afford spending sprees?
(a) She is already in debt
(b) She is saving for a house
(c) She has to pay for college
(d) She needs to buy a car
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of glove did Jamison used to wear as a society girl in Washington DC?
2. Which member of Jamison's family is she particularly grateful to for saving her life?
3. What poet does Jamison think of when she is walking through the university gardens?
4. In what city was Andrews Air Force Base situated?
5. What is the name of the magazine the psychiatry resident is reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamison hear about David's death?
2. How does Jamison's first visit to a psychiatric hospital affect her?
3. How does Jamison manage to simplify her life?
4. Why does Jamison start reading children's books?
5. What happens to Jamison as she is walking through a garden campus in chapter 2?
6. Why does Jamison admire her older brother?
7. What indications are there that there is history of manic depression in Jamison's family?
8. What does Jamison discover in chapter 6 when a bright young lawyer kills himself?
9. What is Jamison's opinion of using medication to treat depressive disorders?
10. How does Jamison mood swings affect her at college?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)