|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison refuse to do regularly?
(a) Take Halpol
(b) Take her lithium
(c) Go to work
(d) Read poetry
2. What do the students eat in her zoology class?
3. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
4. What does Jamison decide to do before entertaining guests?
(a) Clean out the medicine cabinet
(b) Run around the house
(c) Put on makeup
(d) Shout at her husband
5. At what school is Jamison a psychiatrist?
(a) Yale University
(b) John Hopkins University of Medicine
(c) Oxford University
(d) Sir John Moores University
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison decide she needs to be patient with?
2. What does Jamison like to put in her morning orange juice?
3. Who does Jamison delight in baiting?
4. What country is David Laurie from?
5. In what room does Jamison sleep in to help with her feelings of nausea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What indications are there that there is history of manic depression in Jamison's family?
2. What reason does Jamison give for connecting manic depressives with creativity?
3. What happens to Jamison as she is walking through a garden campus in chapter 2?
4. What happens to the plane that flies over the school yard in the first chapter?
5. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
6. What kind of work does Jamison decide to go into after graduate school?
7. How does Jamison's brother save her life in chapter 5?
8. What reason does Jamison give for not getting on with her sister?
9. How does Jamison's disorder affect her home life?
10. How does David help Jamison get over a depressive episode?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)