|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hospital Jamison visits at 15?
(a) St. George's
(b) St. Drake's
(c) St. Elizabeth's
(d) St. Wencelas'
2. In what country is St. Andrew's located?
3. What is threatened when Jamison enters are depressive stage?
(a) Her family
(b) Her marriage
(c) Her life
(d) Her work
4. Why does Jamison shoplift a blouse?
(a) For part of her research
(b) She wants to know if she can get away with it
(c) She does not like the shop
(d) She is too impatient to wait
5. Who does Jamison delight in baiting?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her brother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison refuse to do regularly?
2. Which children's book does Jamison reread?
3. What title is Jamison given at he end of this chapter?
4. At what school is Jamison a psychiatrist?
5. What is Jamison's brother researching the economic aspects of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the concert in chapter 6 benefit manic depressives?
2. How does Jamison mood swings affect her at college?
3. What happens to the plane that flies over the school yard in the first chapter?
4. Why can Jamison not go to a Ivy League school?
5. How does Jamison prove that manic depression is linked with greater creativity?
6. What does Jamison discover in chapter 6 when a bright young lawyer kills himself?
7. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
8. What does Jamison find attractive about David Laurie?
9. What kind of work does Jamison do at the UCLA facility?
10. How does Jamison's brother save her life in chapter 5?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)