|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jamison feel when her brother was around?
2. What does lithium force Jamison to give up?
3. Who does Jamison try and reconcile with in this chapter?
(a) Her husband
(b) David Laurie
(c) Her son
(d) Her father
4. In what city was Andrews Air Force Base situated?
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) New York
5. What does Jamison think about when her moods are very low?
(a) Images of death
(b) Everyone hates her
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug has the physician injected his patient with?
2. What country is David Laurie from?
3. Which member of Jamison's family becomes her emotional bedrock?
4. Who does Jamison inherit her manic depression from?
5. Which of the following two words does Jamison use to describe her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jamison's sister's views on lithium?
2. What happens to the plane that flies over the school yard in the first chapter?
3. Why can Jamison not go to a Ivy League school?
4. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
5. Describe the manic extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
6. How is Jamison's image of herself inaccurate?
7. What does Jamison discover in chapter 6 when a bright young lawyer kills himself?
8. How does Jamison describe her early childhood years?
9. What happens to Jamison as she is walking through a garden campus in chapter 2?
10. What does Jamison think of St. Andrews?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)