|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city does David die?
2. What is the name of the man Jamison meets at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) David Laurie
(b) Lawrence Petersen
(c) Philip White
(d) James Goldfield
3. What does Jamison find too emotional?
(a) Her marriage
4. What sea does Jamison say makes the weather harsh at St. Andrew's?
(a) The Dead sea
(b) The Irish sea
(c) The Black sea
(d) The North Sea
5. Which Welsh poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
(a) Dylan Thomas
(b) Ralph Steadman
(c) Tom Jones
(d) Rhys Jones
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison decide is her strongest interest?
2. What is a hospital candy striper?
3. What does lithium force Jamison to give up?
4. What does the air crash become a metaphor for?
5. What is threatened when Jamison enters are depressive stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jamison's view on the use of slang to describe people with mental illness?
2. What happens to the plane that flies over the school yard in the first chapter?
3. How is the lower dosage of lithium benefiting Jamison in chapter 9?
4. How does David react when Jamison tell him about her illness?
5. What does Jamison find attractive about David Laurie?
6. How does the department chairman react when Jamison tells him she suffers from a mental illness?
7. Why can Jamison not go to a Ivy League school?
8. How does another Englishman sweep Jamison off of her feet in chapter 8?
9. In what way did Jamison's time at college turn out to be a positive experience?
10. Why has Jamison never had children?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)