|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city does David die?
2. Who helps Jamison pay off her debts?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her husband
(c) Her sister
(d) Her brother
3. In what city was Andrews Air Force Base situated?
(a) New York
(c) Washington D.C.
4. Which children's book does Jamison reread?
(a) Kevin the Kitten
(b) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
(c) Winnie the Pooh
(d) Wind in the willows
5. Why does Jamison decline Laurie's invitation to go to dinner?
(a) She is too busy
(b) She does not find him attractive
(c) He won't let her pay
(d) She is still married
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of snake does Jamison want to protect herself against?
2. What poet does Jamison think of when she is walking through the university gardens?
3. What university did Jamison want to go to?
4. What does Jamison say she must do before she becomes associate professor?
5. What does the air crash become a metaphor for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an example of Jamison's manic behavior?
2. How does David react when Jamison tell him about her illness?
3. How does Jamison mood swings affect her at college?
4. What kind of work does Jamison do at the UCLA facility?
5. How does Jamison feel about her disorder?
6. Describe the manic extreme of Jamison's mood disorder.
7. Why can Jamison not go to a Ivy League school?
8. How does David help Jamison get over a depressive episode?
9. How does Jamison manage to simplify her life?
10. How does Jamison's disorder affect her home life?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)