|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jamison say most scientists now believe manic depressive illness comes from?
(a) The Family
(b) Too much television
2. What does Jamison doubt she can remember to conduct?
(a) A psychiatric evaluation
(b) An academic conversation
(c) An orchestra
(d) A university lecture
3. What does Jamison fill out an application for?
(a) A new job
(b) Release from hospital
(d) Clinical privileges
4. Which of the following sometimes triggers a memory of earlier days as a manic depressive?
(a) A poem
(b) A red light
(c) A sound
5. Who does Jamison invite to lunch?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her brother
(c) The department chairman
(d) John Hopkins
6. Where is Richard the chief of neuropsychiatry?
(a) National Institute of Brain Surgery
(b) Los Angeles City Hospital
(c) Great Ormond Hospital
(d) National Institute of Mental Health
7. What is Jamison sometimes tempted to do?
(b) Have an affair
(c) Lower her dosage of lithium
(d) Commit suicide
8. Which drug did Schou conduct clinical trials on?
9. Who did Jamison want to protect by not talking about her illness?
(a) Her family
(c) Her colleagues
(d) Her friends
10. Which of the following colorful expressions does Jamison use in this chapter?
(b) Nut job
(c) Mad as a hatter
(d) Gone around the bend
11. Which of the following poets does Jamison quote?
(a) T.S. Elliott
(b) John Donne
(c) Ezra Pound
(d) Charles Bukowski
12. What does Jamison credit with stabilizing her moods?
13. What country does Mogens Schou come from?
14. What university does Jamison teach at?
(d) John Hopkins
15. Who poses the question to Jamison at the start of the chapter?
(a) Her psychiatrist
(b) Her husband
(d) Her brother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison say can often often accompany manic depression?
2. What does Jamison say could lead to death?
3. What city does Jamison go back to?
4. What does Jamison not want to rule out when talking about mental illness?
5. In which city does Richard live?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)