|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard's title?
2. Who does Jamison take with her on her long walks?
(a) Her son
(b) Richard Wyatt
(c) Her dog
(d) Her cat
3. What does Jamison dread re-entering?
(a) Academic routine
(b) Family life
(c) Her house
(d) Old friendships
4. What does Jamison recall with longing?
(a) Her first sexual experience
(b) Her childhood
(c) Her manic episodes
(d) Her first marriage
5. Why does Jamison not have children?
(a) Richard already has children
(b) Se does not wnat want them to inherit her illness
(c) She is infertile
(d) She does not like children
6. Who did Jamison want to protect by not talking about her illness?
(a) Her family
(b) Her friends
(d) Her colleagues
7. What does Jamison fill out an application for?
(a) Release from hospital
(c) A new job
(d) Clinical privileges
8. What type of flowers does Jamison place at David's grave?
9. What does Jamison say her emotional and physical pain forced her to do?
(a) Take heroin
(b) Pray for forgiveness
(c) Crawl across the floor
(d) Take an overdose
10. What kind of humor does Jamison share with the Englishman?
11. Which of the following words or phrases does Jamison not use to describe her depressive episodes?
(a) Life-in-death blankness
(b) Deep cave like blackness
(c) Deaden her spirits
12. Which English town is David buried in?
(a) Leighton Buzzard
13. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Whether she would choose to have manic depression
(b) Whether she would choose to be born
(c) Whether she would choose to have children
(d) Whether she would choose to live in America
14. What city does Jamison go back to?
(d) Los Angeles
15. Who does Jamison say will stop asking her questions if they know she suffers from manic depression?
(c) Medical residents
Short Answer Questions
1. What would there not be enough of if psychiatric issues stopped people from getting clinical privileges?
2. What does Jamison decide to reduce at the end of this chapter?
3. What does Jamison still grieve for?
4. What does the chairman already know about?
5. Why did Jamison want to protect her family?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)