|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Jamison go back to?
(a) Los Angeles
2. Who does Jamison recall a conversation with?
(a) Johann Johannsen
(b) Johan Cryuff
(c) Delmore Scwartz
(d) Mogens Schou
3. What does Jamison want to discuss with the chairmen?
(a) A payrise
(b) A radio show
(c) Her illness
(d) A colleague
4. Which drug did Schou conduct clinical trials on?
5. What does Jamison say could lead to death?
(a) Jumping from a building
(b) Raising her medication
(c) Lowering her medication
(d) Bearing a child
6. Who does Jamison say will stop asking her questions if they know she suffers from manic depression?
(b) Medical residents
7. What does Jamison start to take regularly after David's death?
8. What does Jamison say always accompanied her descent into depression?
(b) A headache
9. What drug does Jamison compare the addictiveness of her manic states to?
10. What does Jamison say she is grateful for?
(a) A more balanced life
(b) Her creativity
(c) Her intelligence
(d) Her friends
11. What type of flowers does Jamison place at David's grave?
12. What does Schou share with Jamison?
(a) A military family
(b) A love for research
(c) A love for poetry
(d) A family history of manic depression
13. Who does Jamison take with her on her long walks?
(a) Richard Wyatt
(b) Her son
(c) Her dog
(d) Her cat
14. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Whether she would choose to live in America
(b) Whether she would choose to be born
(c) Whether she would choose to have manic depression
(d) Whether she would choose to have children
15. What does Jamison decide to reduce at the end of this chapter?
(a) Her leisure time
(b) Her spending sprees
(c) Her lithium dosage
(d) Her working hours
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison credit with stabilizing her moods?
2. What kind of book does the Englishman give Jamison?
3. What does Jamison ponder in this chapter?
4. Which of the following members of Jamison's family is the only one she gives a name to?
5. What does Jamison say has made her life bearable?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)