|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Schou share with Jamison?
(a) A military family
(b) A love for research
(c) A family history of manic depression
(d) A love for poetry
2. What does Jamison say can often often accompany manic depression?
3. What did her illness destroy?
(a) All pleasure and relationships
(b) Her credit status
(c) Her co-ordination
(d) Her furniture
4. What does Jamison credit with stabilizing her moods?
5. What does Jamison fill out an application for?
(a) Clinical privileges
(b) A new job
(d) Release from hospital
6. Who does Jamison invite to lunch?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her brother
(c) John Hopkins
(d) The department chairman
7. What does Jamison still grieve for?
(a) The intensity of her illness
(b) Her childhood
(c) Her cat
8. In which city does Jamison take a sabbatical?
9. What does Jamison say is part of who she is?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her violent mood swings
(c) Her family
(d) Her children
10. What drug does Jamison compare the addictiveness of her manic states to?
11. In which city does Richard live?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) New York
12. Which section of Washington DC does Richard live in?
(b) Columbia Heights
13. What does Jamison say emotional stability is a sign of?
(c) Hard work
14. What does Jamison say she is grateful for?
(a) Her intelligence
(b) Her friends
(c) Her creativity
(d) A more balanced life
15. What university does Jamison teach at?
(a) John Hopkins
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jamison recall a conversation with?
2. What does Jamison dread re-entering?
3. What does Jamison want to discuss with the chairmen?
4. What does Jamison ponder in this chapter?
5. What word Jamison used at a presentation made a woman angry?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)