|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which drug did Schou conduct clinical trials on?
2. What does Jamison fill out an application for?
(a) Release from hospital
(c) A new job
(d) Clinical privileges
3. What does Jamison say emotional stability is a sign of?
(d) Hard work
4. What would there not be enough of if psychiatric issues stopped people from getting clinical privileges?
(c) Qualified physicians
5. What message does the Englishman write in the book?
(a) Thank you for a lovely weekend. They tell me it rained.
(b) Marry me
(c) Forget me and you can forget life
(d) Thank you for everything.
6. Who did Jamison want to protect by not talking about her illness?
(a) Her friends
(b) Her family
(d) Her colleagues
7. What notable award has James Watson won?
(a) The Hugo Award
(b) The Booker Prize
(c) The Nobel Prize
(d) The Mercury Award
8. What kind of humor does Jamison share with the Englishman?
9. Which of the following does Jamison state will contribute to the change in the way people perceive mental illness?
(a) Family members
(c) The government
10. What does Jamison start to take regularly after David's death?
11. What does Jamison not think is such a good idea?
(a) Two mentally ill people getting married
(b) Political and medical correctness
(c) Mentally ill people having children
(d) The use of slang to describe mental illness
12. What kind of book does the Englishman give Jamison?
(a) A book on medicine
(b) A book on love
(c) A book on manic depression
(d) A book on ironic humor
13. Who does Jamison recall a conversation with?
(a) Delmore Scwartz
(b) Johann Johannsen
(c) Mogens Schou
(d) Johan Cryuff
14. What state is John Hopkin's university in?
15. What does Jamison dread re-entering?
(a) Academic routine
(b) Family life
(c) Old friendships
(d) Her house
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following poets does Jamison quote?
2. What is Richard's title?
3. What drug does Jamison compare the addictiveness of her manic states to?
4. What does Jamison recall with longing?
5. What would Jamison want to be available if she chose to be manic depressive?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)