|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison say is the one regret of her life?
(a) Not having children
(b) Not going to her father's funeral
(c) Selling her horse
(d) Not telling her brother she loved him
2. What have Jamison's exalted moods taught her?
(a) Never to become jaded to life
(b) Always keep looking for better things
(c) Family is the most important part of her life
(d) Always put your health first
3. How does Jamison describe Richard?
(a) Low key and down to earth
(b) Loving, but pompous
(c) Manically funny
(d) Cute as hell
4. Where is Richard the chief of neuropsychiatry?
(a) National Institute of Mental Health
(b) Los Angeles City Hospital
(c) National Institute of Brain Surgery
(d) Great Ormond Hospital
5. What is the name of the man Jamison meets in this chapter?
(a) Richard Wyatt
(b) Dick West
(c) Glynn Dorm
(d) Peter Davis
6. What did the woman think that Jamison's choice of words would do to sufferers of mental illness?
(a) Free them
(b) Stigmitize them
(c) Arm them
(d) Romanticize them
7. What notable award has James Watson won?
(a) The Booker Prize
(b) The Mercury Award
(c) The Hugo Award
(d) The Nobel Prize
8. What does the lower dose of lithium allow Jamison to do?
(a) Lecture students
(b) Watch television
(c) Play sport
(d) Eperience her emotions more fully
9. What does Jamison want to discuss with the chairmen?
(a) A radio show
(b) Her illness
(c) A colleague
(d) A payrise
10. What does Jamison say could lead to death?
(a) Bearing a child
(b) Lowering her medication
(c) Raising her medication
(d) Jumping from a building
11. What does Jamison feel herself to be?
(a) A survivor
(b) Bad luck messenger
(c) A person
(d) A disciple of God
12. What kind of book does the Englishman give Jamison?
(a) A book on medicine
(b) A book on manic depression
(c) A book on love
(d) A book on ironic humor
13. Why did Jamison want to protect her family?
(a) They shy away from fame
(b) Manic depression is genetically based
(c) They all have weak hearts
(d) They did not know about her illness
14. Which of the following word or phrase does Jamison use to describe her manic episodes?
(a) More than just rock and roll
(b) Great gulps of life
15. What does Jamison fill out an application for?
(a) A new job
(b) Clinical privileges
(d) Release from hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Mogens Schou come from?
2. What does Jamison dread re-entering?
3. What is Jamison sometimes tempted to do?
4. What word Jamison used at a presentation made a woman angry?
5. What can her mania lead to?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)