|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison say is the one regret of her life?
(a) Not going to her father's funeral
(b) Selling her horse
(c) Not having children
(d) Not telling her brother she loved him
2. What did Jamison think she would feel when she opened up about her illness?
3. What is the name of the man Jamison meets in this chapter?
(a) Dick West
(b) Richard Wyatt
(c) Glynn Dorm
(d) Peter Davis
4. What does Jamison say emotional stability is a sign of?
(c) Hard work
5. What does Jamison study in Oxford?
(a) Manic depression and William Shakespeare
(b) Manic depression among genuises
(c) Manic depression among British artists and writers
(d) Manic depression among serial killers
6. Which English town is David buried in?
(a) Leighton Buzzard
7. Which section of Washington DC does Richard live in?
(a) Columbia Heights
8. Who does Jamison recall a conversation with?
(a) Mogens Schou
(b) Johan Cryuff
(c) Johann Johannsen
(d) Delmore Scwartz
9. What does Jamison feel herself to be?
(a) A person
(b) Bad luck messenger
(c) A survivor
(d) A disciple of God
10. What does Jamison say could lead to death?
(a) Jumping from a building
(b) Bearing a child
(c) Lowering her medication
(d) Raising her medication
11. What does Jamison not want to rule out when talking about mental illness?
12. What does Jamison dread re-entering?
(a) Old friendships
(b) Academic routine
(c) Her house
(d) Family life
13. What city does Jamison go back to?
(b) Los Angeles
14. Why does Jamison prefer the term manic depressive illness?
(a) It has more positive connotations
(b) It sounds more dangerous
(c) It is more descriptive
(d) People know what it is
15. What would Jamison want to be available if she chose to be manic depressive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison say always accompanied her descent into depression?
2. What does Jamison decide to reduce at the end of this chapter?
3. Which of the following does Jamison state will contribute to the change in the way people perceive mental illness?
4. What does Jamison say can often often accompany manic depression?
5. Which of the following sometimes triggers a memory of earlier days as a manic depressive?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)