|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jamison take with her on her long walks?
(a) Her cat
(b) Her son
(c) Richard Wyatt
(d) Her dog
2. What does Jamison say she is grateful for?
(a) A more balanced life
(b) Her friends
(c) Her intelligence
(d) Her creativity
3. Which of the following words or phrases does Jamison not use to describe her depressive episodes?
(b) Life-in-death blankness
(c) Deep cave like blackness
(d) Deaden her spirits
4. What drug does Jamison compare the addictiveness of her manic states to?
5. What does Jamison recall with longing?
(a) Her manic episodes
(b) Her first sexual experience
(c) Her first marriage
(d) Her childhood
6. What does the chairman already know about?
(a) Jamison's past indiscretions
(b) Jamison's IQ
(c) Jamison's illness
(d) Jamison's love for him
7. What does Jamison decide to reduce at the end of this chapter?
(a) Her leisure time
(b) Her lithium dosage
(c) Her working hours
(d) Her spending sprees
8. Why did Jamison want to protect her family?
(a) They all have weak hearts
(b) Manic depression is genetically based
(c) They did not know about her illness
(d) They shy away from fame
9. What does Schou share with Jamison?
(a) A love for research
(b) A love for poetry
(c) A military family
(d) A family history of manic depression
10. What does Jamison say her emotional and physical pain forced her to do?
(a) Take heroin
(b) Crawl across the floor
(c) Take an overdose
(d) Pray for forgiveness
11. What does Jamison say emotional stability is a sign of?
(b) Hard work
12. What does Jamison want a heightened awareness of?
(a) Mental states
13. What is Jamison sometimes tempted to do?
(a) Commit suicide
(b) Lower her dosage of lithium
(c) Have an affair
14. Why does Jamison not have children?
(a) Se does not wnat want them to inherit her illness
(b) She is infertile
(c) Richard already has children
(d) She does not like children
15. What is Jamison's title while at Oxford?
(a) The American fellow
(b) Senior research fellow
(c) Senior psychiatrist
(d) Junior research fellow
Short Answer Questions
1. Which section of Washington DC does Richard live in?
2. Which English town is David buried in?
3. Who does Jamison recall a conversation with?
4. What would there not be enough of if psychiatric issues stopped people from getting clinical privileges?
5. What does Jamison ponder in this chapter?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)