|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man Jamison meets in this chapter?
(a) Richard Wyatt
(b) Glynn Dorm
(c) Dick West
(d) Peter Davis
2. What can Jamison do now she is taking less lithium?
(a) Eat beans
(b) Read for pleasure
(c) Fall in love
3. What country does Mogens Schou come from?
4. What does Jamison not think is such a good idea?
(a) The use of slang to describe mental illness
(b) Two mentally ill people getting married
(c) Mentally ill people having children
(d) Political and medical correctness
5. How does Jamison describe Richard?
(a) Loving, but pompous
(b) Cute as hell
(c) Low key and down to earth
(d) Manically funny
6. Why does Jamison prefer the term manic depressive illness?
(a) It has more positive connotations
(b) It sounds more dangerous
(c) It is more descriptive
(d) People know what it is
7. Which English town is David buried in?
(b) Leighton Buzzard
8. In which city does Richard live?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) New York
(d) Washington D.C.
9. What does Schou share with Jamison?
(a) A military family
(b) A family history of manic depression
(c) A love for research
(d) A love for poetry
10. What does Jamison still grieve for?
(a) The intensity of her illness
(b) Her childhood
(c) Her cat
11. What does Jamison credit with stabilizing her moods?
12. Which of the following poets does Jamison quote?
(a) Charles Bukowski
(b) T.S. Elliott
(c) John Donne
(d) Ezra Pound
13. What message does the Englishman write in the book?
(a) Thank you for a lovely weekend. They tell me it rained.
(b) Marry me
(c) Forget me and you can forget life
(d) Thank you for everything.
14. What does Jamison say she is grateful for?
(a) Her intelligence
(b) A more balanced life
(c) Her friends
(d) Her creativity
15. Which of the following word or phrase does Jamison use to describe her manic episodes?
(b) More than just rock and roll
(d) Great gulps of life
Short Answer Questions
1. Who poses the question to Jamison at the start of the chapter?
2. What state is John Hopkin's university in?
3. Which of the following sometimes triggers a memory of earlier days as a manic depressive?
4. What did Jamison think she would feel when she opened up about her illness?
5. What does Jamison study in Oxford?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)