|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jamison not have children?
(a) Richard already has children
(b) She is infertile
(c) She does not like children
(d) Se does not wnat want them to inherit her illness
2. Why does Jamison prefer the term manic depressive illness?
(a) People know what it is
(b) It has more positive connotations
(c) It sounds more dangerous
(d) It is more descriptive
3. What does Schou share with Jamison?
(a) A love for poetry
(b) A love for research
(c) A family history of manic depression
(d) A military family
4. Which of the following members of Jamison's family is the only one she gives a name to?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her sister
(c) None of them
(d) Her cousin
5. What can her mania lead to?
6. Who does Jamison invite to lunch?
(a) The department chairman
(b) Her sister
(c) John Hopkins
(d) Her brother
7. What is Richard's title?
8. What state is John Hopkin's university in?
9. What does Jamison say has made her life bearable?
(d) Human contact
10. What does Jamison question at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) The severity of her illness
(b) Her sexuality
(c) Her love for her father
(d) Her reluctance to discuss her illness
11. Which of the following scientists are at the medical conference?
(a) Paul Ewood
(b) James Watson
(c) Lauren Smith
(d) David Bell
12. What does Jamison say she is grateful for?
(a) Her creativity
(b) Her friends
(c) Her intelligence
(d) A more balanced life
13. Which of the following does Jamison state will contribute to the change in the way people perceive mental illness?
(b) The government
(c) Family members
14. What drug does Jamison compare the addictiveness of her manic states to?
15. Which of the following colorful expressions does Jamison use in this chapter?
(a) Gone around the bend
(b) Nut job
(c) Mad as a hatter
Short Answer Questions
1. Which drug did Schou conduct clinical trials on?
2. What does Jamison recall with longing?
3. What country does Mogens Schou come from?
4. In which city does Jamison take a sabbatical?
5. What did one psychiatrist tell Jamison never to have?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)