|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of flowers does Jamison place at David's grave?
2. Who did Jamison want to protect by not talking about her illness?
(b) Her colleagues
(c) Her family
(d) Her friends
3. What does Jamison say her emotional and physical pain forced her to do?
(a) Pray for forgiveness
(b) Take heroin
(c) Take an overdose
(d) Crawl across the floor
4. What did her illness destroy?
(a) Her furniture
(b) All pleasure and relationships
(c) Her co-ordination
(d) Her credit status
5. Which of the following poets does Jamison quote?
(a) Ezra Pound
(b) John Donne
(c) Charles Bukowski
(d) T.S. Elliott
6. In which city does Richard live?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) New York
7. What does Jamison feel herself to be?
(a) A survivor
(b) Bad luck messenger
(c) A person
(d) A disciple of God
8. What does Jamison dread re-entering?
(a) Old friendships
(b) Family life
(c) Academic routine
(d) Her house
9. What would there not be enough of if psychiatric issues stopped people from getting clinical privileges?
(d) Qualified physicians
10. Which English town is David buried in?
(b) Leighton Buzzard
11. Why does Jamison prefer the term manic depressive illness?
(a) It has more positive connotations
(b) People know what it is
(c) It sounds more dangerous
(d) It is more descriptive
12. What country does Mogens Schou come from?
13. What illness does Richard research?
(a) Clinical depression
(d) Manic depression
14. What university does Jamison teach at?
(a) John Hopkins
15. What does Jamison say is the one regret of her life?
(a) Selling her horse
(b) Not going to her father's funeral
(c) Not having children
(d) Not telling her brother she loved him
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jamison's title while at Oxford?
2. What drug does Jamison compare the addictiveness of her manic states to?
3. What does Jamison say could lead to death?
4. What question does Jamison pose at the beginning of the chapter?
5. What is the name of the man Jamison meets in this chapter?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)