|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following word or phrase does Jamison use to describe her manic episodes?
(a) More than just rock and roll
(b) Great gulps of life
2. What is Richard's title?
3. Who does Jamison invite to lunch?
(a) Her sister
(b) John Hopkins
(c) The department chairman
(d) Her brother
4. What is the nationality of the man Jamison meets at a dinner party?
(a) South African
5. What does Jamison feel herself to be?
(a) A survivor
(b) Bad luck messenger
(c) A disciple of God
(d) A person
6. What can Jamison do now she is taking less lithium?
(a) Eat beans
(b) Fall in love
(c) Read for pleasure
7. What does Jamison say can often often accompany manic depression?
8. How does Jamison describe Richard?
(a) Loving, but pompous
(b) Cute as hell
(c) Manically funny
(d) Low key and down to earth
9. What is the correct medical diagnosis of Jamison's illness?
(a) Clinical depression
(c) Manic depression
10. Where does Jamison say most scientists now believe manic depressive illness comes from?
(a) The Family
(c) Too much television
11. Why does Jamison not have children?
(a) Richard already has children
(b) Se does not wnat want them to inherit her illness
(c) She is infertile
(d) She does not like children
12. What is the name of the man Jamison meets in this chapter?
(a) Peter Davis
(b) Richard Wyatt
(c) Glynn Dorm
(d) Dick West
13. What does Jamison recall with longing?
(a) Her first marriage
(b) Her manic episodes
(c) Her first sexual experience
(d) Her childhood
14. Which of the following words or phrases does Jamison not use to describe her depressive episodes?
(a) Life-in-death blankness
(b) Deaden her spirits
(c) Deep cave like blackness
15. What does Jamison still grieve for?
(a) Her cat
(b) Her childhood
(d) The intensity of her illness
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison not think is such a good idea?
2. What type of flowers does Jamison place at David's grave?
3. What kind of book does the Englishman give Jamison?
4. What does Jamison credit with stabilizing her moods?
5. What does Schou share with Jamison?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)