|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison say could lead to death?
(a) Bearing a child
(b) Lowering her medication
(c) Raising her medication
(d) Jumping from a building
2. What did one psychiatrist tell Jamison never to have?
(a) A husband
(b) A lobotomy
3. What did James Watson discover?
(a) FDA triple bic
(b) DNA double helix
4. What country does Mogens Schou come from?
5. What does Jamison say has made her life bearable?
(c) Human contact
6. Who did Jamison want to protect by not talking about her illness?
(a) Her friends
(b) Her family
(c) Her colleagues
7. What does Jamison want a heightened awareness of?
(b) Mental states
8. What does Jamison not think is such a good idea?
(a) Political and medical correctness
(b) The use of slang to describe mental illness
(c) Two mentally ill people getting married
(d) Mentally ill people having children
9. Why does Jamison not have children?
(a) She does not like children
(b) Richard already has children
(c) Se does not wnat want them to inherit her illness
(d) She is infertile
10. What does Jamison question at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Her love for her father
(b) The severity of her illness
(c) Her sexuality
(d) Her reluctance to discuss her illness
11. Who poses the question to Jamison at the start of the chapter?
(b) Her psychiatrist
(c) Her brother
(d) Her husband
12. Which of the following members of Jamison's family is the only one she gives a name to?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her sister
(c) None of them
(d) Her cousin
13. Which of the following scientists are at the medical conference?
(a) Paul Ewood
(b) Lauren Smith
(c) David Bell
(d) James Watson
14. What did the woman think that Jamison's choice of words would do to sufferers of mental illness?
(a) Romanticize them
(b) Stigmitize them
(c) Free them
(d) Arm them
15. What does Jamison start to take regularly after David's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of humor does Jamison share with the Englishman?
2. What state is John Hopkin's university in?
3. What type of flowers does Jamison place at David's grave?
4. What does Jamison study in Oxford?
5. Why did Jamison want to protect her family?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)