|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who poses the question to Jamison at the start of the chapter?
(b) Her psychiatrist
(c) Her husband
(d) Her brother
2. Which section of Washington DC does Richard live in?
(b) Columbia Heights
3. What does Jamison say could lead to death?
(a) Raising her medication
(b) Jumping from a building
(c) Lowering her medication
(d) Bearing a child
4. What does Jamison say emotional stability is a sign of?
(b) Hard work
5. What can Jamison do now she is taking less lithium?
(a) Fall in love
(b) Read for pleasure
(d) Eat beans
6. Why would Jamison want to lower her medication?
(a) To relive the excitement of her moods
(b) To think clearly
(c) To communicate better
(d) To lose weight
7. What is the nationality of the man Jamison meets at a dinner party?
(b) South African
8. Why did Jamison want to protect her family?
(a) Manic depression is genetically based
(b) They all have weak hearts
(c) They shy away from fame
(d) They did not know about her illness
9. What does Jamison study in Oxford?
(a) Manic depression and William Shakespeare
(b) Manic depression among genuises
(c) Manic depression among serial killers
(d) Manic depression among British artists and writers
10. What can her mania lead to?
11. What did James Watson discover?
(a) FDA triple bic
(b) DNA double helix
12. What does Jamison say is the one regret of her life?
(a) Not going to her father's funeral
(b) Not having children
(c) Selling her horse
(d) Not telling her brother she loved him
13. What word Jamison used at a presentation made a woman angry?
14. What does Jamison ponder in this chapter?
(b) The influence of language
(c) The influence of food on mental stability
(d) Japanese food
15. What does the chairman already know about?
(a) Jamison's IQ
(b) Jamison's illness
(c) Jamison's past indiscretions
(d) Jamison's love for him
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jamison's title while at Oxford?
2. What does Jamison say has made her life bearable?
3. What kind of book does the Englishman give Jamison?
4. What does Jamison say her emotional and physical pain forced her to do?
5. Which of the following words or phrases does Jamison not use to describe her depressive episodes?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)