|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison not want to rule out when talking about mental illness?
2. Which of the following colorful expressions does Jamison use in this chapter?
(a) Mad as a hatter
(b) Nut job
(d) Gone around the bend
3. Who does Jamison recall a conversation with?
(a) Johan Cryuff
(b) Mogens Schou
(c) Johann Johannsen
(d) Delmore Scwartz
4. What is the name of the man Jamison meets in this chapter?
(a) Glynn Dorm
(b) Richard Wyatt
(c) Peter Davis
(d) Dick West
5. What kind of book does the Englishman give Jamison?
(a) A book on medicine
(b) A book on manic depression
(c) A book on ironic humor
(d) A book on love
6. What state is John Hopkin's university in?
7. Which section of Washington DC does Richard live in?
(c) Columbia Heights
8. What drug does Jamison compare the addictiveness of her manic states to?
9. Why would Jamison want to lower her medication?
(a) To lose weight
(b) To think clearly
(c) To relive the excitement of her moods
(d) To communicate better
10. Why did Jamison want to protect her family?
(a) They shy away from fame
(b) They all have weak hearts
(c) Manic depression is genetically based
(d) They did not know about her illness
11. Which of the following members of Jamison's family is the only one she gives a name to?
(a) Her cousin
(b) Her sister
(c) Her brother
(d) None of them
12. What does Jamison ponder in this chapter?
(a) The influence of food on mental stability
(c) Japanese food
(d) The influence of language
13. What does Jamison say always accompanied her descent into depression?
(b) A headache
14. What city does Jamison go back to?
(c) Los Angeles
15. What can Jamison do now she is taking less lithium?
(a) Eat beans
(b) Fall in love
(c) Read for pleasure
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jamison's title while at Oxford?
2. What does Jamison still grieve for?
3. What word Jamison used at a presentation made a woman angry?
4. Which of the following word or phrase does Jamison use to describe her manic episodes?
5. Who poses the question to Jamison at the start of the chapter?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)