|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words or phrases does Jamison not use to describe her depressive episodes?
(a) Deep cave like blackness
(c) Deaden her spirits
(d) Life-in-death blankness
2. What did the woman think that Jamison's choice of words would do to sufferers of mental illness?
(a) Romanticize them
(b) Arm them
(c) Stigmitize them
(d) Free them
3. What does the lower dose of lithium allow Jamison to do?
(a) Lecture students
(b) Watch television
(c) Eperience her emotions more fully
(d) Play sport
4. Why did Jamison want to protect her family?
(a) They all have weak hearts
(b) Manic depression is genetically based
(c) They did not know about her illness
(d) They shy away from fame
5. Who does Jamison say will stop asking her questions if they know she suffers from manic depression?
(c) Medical residents
6. What does Jamison dread re-entering?
(a) Family life
(b) Her house
(c) Old friendships
(d) Academic routine
7. What did one psychiatrist tell Jamison never to have?
(a) A lobotomy
(b) A husband
8. What country does Mogens Schou come from?
9. Which of the following scientists are at the medical conference?
(a) James Watson
(b) Paul Ewood
(c) Lauren Smith
(d) David Bell
10. What did Jamison think she would feel when she opened up about her illness?
11. In which city does Jamison take a sabbatical?
12. What type of flowers does Jamison place at David's grave?
13. What illness does Richard research?
(b) Clinical depression
(c) Manic depression
14. What can her mania lead to?
15. What does Jamison say has made her life bearable?
(d) Human contact
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following poets does Jamison quote?
2. What would there not be enough of if psychiatric issues stopped people from getting clinical privileges?
3. Why would Jamison want to lower her medication?
4. What does Jamison say her emotional and physical pain forced her to do?
5. What is the name of the man Jamison meets in this chapter?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)