|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What notable award has James Watson won?
(a) The Nobel Prize
(b) The Mercury Award
(c) The Hugo Award
(d) The Booker Prize
2. What does Jamison want to discuss with the chairmen?
(a) A colleague
(b) Her illness
(c) A radio show
(d) A payrise
3. What did her illness destroy?
(a) All pleasure and relationships
(b) Her credit status
(c) Her furniture
(d) Her co-ordination
4. What word Jamison used at a presentation made a woman angry?
5. Why would Jamison want to lower her medication?
(a) To relive the excitement of her moods
(b) To think clearly
(c) To communicate better
(d) To lose weight
6. What does the lower dose of lithium allow Jamison to do?
(a) Watch television
(b) Lecture students
(c) Play sport
(d) Eperience her emotions more fully
7. What does Jamison feel herself to be?
(a) A disciple of God
(b) A survivor
(c) Bad luck messenger
(d) A person
8. What is Richard's title?
9. What did James Watson discover?
(c) FDA triple bic
(d) DNA double helix
10. What message does the Englishman write in the book?
(a) Thank you for everything.
(b) Marry me
(c) Forget me and you can forget life
(d) Thank you for a lovely weekend. They tell me it rained.
11. Who does Jamison recall a conversation with?
(a) Mogens Schou
(b) Delmore Scwartz
(c) Johann Johannsen
(d) Johan Cryuff
12. Which of the following word or phrase does Jamison use to describe her manic episodes?
(a) More than just rock and roll
(d) Great gulps of life
13. What have Jamison's exalted moods taught her?
(a) Never to become jaded to life
(b) Always keep looking for better things
(c) Family is the most important part of her life
(d) Always put your health first
14. What does Jamison not want to rule out when talking about mental illness?
15. What is the nationality of the man Jamison meets at a dinner party?
(d) South African
Short Answer Questions
1. Which section of Washington DC does Richard live in?
2. What kind of humor does Jamison share with the Englishman?
3. What illness does Richard research?
4. What does Jamison say could lead to death?
5. What does Jamison fill out an application for?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)