|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following sometimes triggers a memory of earlier days as a manic depressive?
(a) A poem
(b) A red light
(c) A sound
2. Why would Jamison want to lower her medication?
(a) To communicate better
(b) To lose weight
(c) To relive the excitement of her moods
(d) To think clearly
3. What did James Watson discover?
(b) FDA triple bic
(d) DNA double helix
4. What is the correct medical diagnosis of Jamison's illness?
(c) Manic depression
(d) Clinical depression
5. What is Jamison's title while at Oxford?
(a) The American fellow
(b) Senior psychiatrist
(c) Senior research fellow
(d) Junior research fellow
6. What does Jamison feel herself to be?
(a) A survivor
(b) A disciple of God
(c) Bad luck messenger
(d) A person
7. What drug does Jamison compare the addictiveness of her manic states to?
8. Which of the following members of Jamison's family is the only one she gives a name to?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her cousin
(c) None of them
(d) Her brother
9. What does the lower dose of lithium allow Jamison to do?
(a) Watch television
(b) Play sport
(c) Eperience her emotions more fully
(d) Lecture students
10. What does Jamison start to take regularly after David's death?
11. Where does Jamison say most scientists now believe manic depressive illness comes from?
(a) The Family
(c) Too much television
12. What notable award has James Watson won?
(a) The Booker Prize
(b) The Nobel Prize
(c) The Mercury Award
(d) The Hugo Award
13. Which of the following word or phrase does Jamison use to describe her manic episodes?
(b) Great gulps of life
(c) More than just rock and roll
14. What can her mania lead to?
15. What can Jamison do now she is taking less lithium?
(a) Fall in love
(b) Read for pleasure
(d) Eat beans
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Richard research?
2. In which city does Jamison take a sabbatical?
3. What does Schou share with Jamison?
4. Who does Jamison say will stop asking her questions if they know she suffers from manic depression?
5. What is Jamison sometimes tempted to do?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)