|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison fill out an application for?
(a) A new job
(c) Clinical privileges
(d) Release from hospital
2. What does Jamison say emotional stability is a sign of?
(b) Hard work
3. In which city does Richard live?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New York
4. What did her illness destroy?
(a) Her furniture
(b) Her credit status
(c) Her co-ordination
(d) All pleasure and relationships
5. Who poses the question to Jamison at the start of the chapter?
(b) Her brother
(c) Her husband
(d) Her psychiatrist
6. Why does Jamison not have children?
(a) Se does not wnat want them to inherit her illness
(b) She does not like children
(c) She is infertile
(d) Richard already has children
7. What does Jamison say is part of who she is?
(a) Her violent mood swings
(b) Her children
(c) Her family
(d) Her husband
8. Which drug did Schou conduct clinical trials on?
9. What does Jamison say her emotional and physical pain forced her to do?
(a) Take heroin
(b) Crawl across the floor
(c) Pray for forgiveness
(d) Take an overdose
10. Which of the following word or phrase does Jamison use to describe her manic episodes?
(a) Great gulps of life
(d) More than just rock and roll
11. What city does Jamison go back to?
(c) Los Angeles
12. What kind of book does the Englishman give Jamison?
(a) A book on ironic humor
(b) A book on love
(c) A book on medicine
(d) A book on manic depression
13. What does Jamison doubt she can remember to conduct?
(a) An academic conversation
(b) A psychiatric evaluation
(c) An orchestra
(d) A university lecture
14. What does Jamison still grieve for?
(a) Her cat
(b) Her childhood
(d) The intensity of her illness
15. What university does Jamison teach at?
(a) John Hopkins
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of humor does Jamison share with the Englishman?
2. What does the lower dose of lithium allow Jamison to do?
3. Which of the following gave Jamison great pleasure when she was in the midst of a manic mood?
4. What is Jamison sometimes tempted to do?
5. What can her mania lead to?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)