|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison dread re-entering?
(a) Old friendships
(b) Academic routine
(c) Family life
(d) Her house
2. What would Jamison want to be available if she chose to be manic depressive?
3. What did James Watson discover?
(a) FDA triple bic
(b) DNA double helix
4. What does Jamison not want to rule out when talking about mental illness?
5. What city does Jamison go back to?
(d) Los Angeles
6. What does Jamison still grieve for?
(a) Her childhood
(c) Her cat
(d) The intensity of her illness
7. Which of the following does Jamison state will contribute to the change in the way people perceive mental illness?
(b) The government
(d) Family members
8. What does Jamison study in Oxford?
(a) Manic depression and William Shakespeare
(b) Manic depression among genuises
(c) Manic depression among serial killers
(d) Manic depression among British artists and writers
9. What does Jamison say her emotional and physical pain forced her to do?
(a) Pray for forgiveness
(b) Take heroin
(c) Crawl across the floor
(d) Take an overdose
10. What is Richard's title?
11. What would there not be enough of if psychiatric issues stopped people from getting clinical privileges?
(b) Qualified physicians
12. What did the woman think that Jamison's choice of words would do to sufferers of mental illness?
(a) Romanticize them
(b) Arm them
(c) Free them
(d) Stigmitize them
13. Why would Jamison want to lower her medication?
(a) To lose weight
(b) To think clearly
(c) To communicate better
(d) To relive the excitement of her moods
14. Which English town is David buried in?
(c) Leighton Buzzard
15. Who did Jamison want to protect by not talking about her illness?
(b) Her family
(c) Her colleagues
(d) Her friends
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flowers does Jamison place at David's grave?
2. What does Jamison want to discuss with the chairmen?
3. Who does Jamison say will stop asking her questions if they know she suffers from manic depression?
4. What country does Mogens Schou come from?
5. Why does Jamison not have children?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)