|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following members of Jamison's family is the only one she gives a name to?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her sister
(c) Her cousin
(d) None of them
2. What is the name of the man Jamison meets in this chapter?
(a) Dick West
(b) Peter Davis
(c) Richard Wyatt
(d) Glynn Dorm
3. In which city does Richard live?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) New York
4. Which of the following scientists are at the medical conference?
(a) Paul Ewood
(b) David Bell
(c) James Watson
(d) Lauren Smith
5. What does the chairman already know about?
(a) Jamison's past indiscretions
(b) Jamison's love for him
(c) Jamison's illness
(d) Jamison's IQ
6. What does Jamison study in Oxford?
(a) Manic depression among British artists and writers
(b) Manic depression among genuises
(c) Manic depression and William Shakespeare
(d) Manic depression among serial killers
7. What can Jamison do now she is taking less lithium?
(a) Read for pleasure
(c) Fall in love
(d) Eat beans
8. What did James Watson discover?
(a) DNA double helix
(b) FDA triple bic
9. What does Jamison not think is such a good idea?
(a) Political and medical correctness
(b) Two mentally ill people getting married
(c) Mentally ill people having children
(d) The use of slang to describe mental illness
10. What does Schou share with Jamison?
(a) A military family
(b) A family history of manic depression
(c) A love for poetry
(d) A love for research
11. What type of flowers does Jamison place at David's grave?
12. What does Jamison ponder in this chapter?
(a) The influence of food on mental stability
(c) The influence of language
(d) Japanese food
13. Which of the following words or phrases does Jamison not use to describe her depressive episodes?
(a) Life-in-death blankness
(c) Deaden her spirits
(d) Deep cave like blackness
14. What state is John Hopkin's university in?
15. What does the lower dose of lithium allow Jamison to do?
(a) Watch television
(b) Eperience her emotions more fully
(c) Play sport
(d) Lecture students
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does Jamison take a sabbatical?
2. How does Jamison describe Richard?
3. What can her mania lead to?
4. What country does Mogens Schou come from?
5. What does Jamison want a heightened awareness of?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)