|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jamison say most scientists now believe manic depressive illness comes from?
(a) Too much television
(b) The Family
2. What is Jamison's title while at Oxford?
(a) Senior research fellow
(b) Junior research fellow
(c) The American fellow
(d) Senior psychiatrist
3. What does Jamison start to take regularly after David's death?
4. What does Jamison recall with longing?
(a) Her first sexual experience
(b) Her first marriage
(c) Her manic episodes
(d) Her childhood
5. What did Jamison think she would feel when she opened up about her illness?
6. Why would Jamison want to lower her medication?
(a) To relive the excitement of her moods
(b) To lose weight
(c) To communicate better
(d) To think clearly
7. What does Jamison dread re-entering?
(a) Her house
(b) Old friendships
(c) Family life
(d) Academic routine
8. What have Jamison's exalted moods taught her?
(a) Never to become jaded to life
(b) Always keep looking for better things
(c) Always put your health first
(d) Family is the most important part of her life
9. What is the correct medical diagnosis of Jamison's illness?
(b) Manic depression
(d) Clinical depression
10. What university does Jamison teach at?
(b) John Hopkins
11. What does Jamison doubt she can remember to conduct?
(a) A university lecture
(b) An orchestra
(c) A psychiatric evaluation
(d) An academic conversation
12. What does Jamison credit with stabilizing her moods?
13. In which city does Richard live?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New York
(d) Los Angeles
14. Which of the following gave Jamison great pleasure when she was in the midst of a manic mood?
15. Who did Jamison want to protect by not talking about her illness?
(a) Her friends
(b) Her family
(d) Her colleagues
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Richard the chief of neuropsychiatry?
2. What city does Jamison go back to?
3. What did James Watson discover?
4. What can Jamison do now she is taking less lithium?
5. What kind of book does the Englishman give Jamison?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)