|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country has David been assigned to?
(a) Hong Kong
2. What kind of glove did Jamison used to wear as a society girl in Washington DC?
(a) Fingerless gloves
(b) Length white gloves
(c) Woollen gloves
(d) Ski gloves
3. Which member of her family does Jamison say she adores?
(a) Her father
(b) Her mother
(c) Her brother
(d) Her sister
4. Which member of Jamison's family is she particularly grateful to for saving her life?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her father
(c) Her sister
(d) Her mother
5. In what city was Andrews Air Force Base situated?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New York
6. Which European city does Jamison's brother call her from?
7. What does Jamison think about when her moods are very low?
(a) Everyone hates her
(b) Images of death
8. What does Jamison decide to do before entertaining guests?
(a) Shout at her husband
(b) Run around the house
(c) Put on makeup
(d) Clean out the medicine cabinet
9. Who does Jamison try and reconcile with in this chapter?
(a) Her son
(b) Her father
(c) David Laurie
(d) Her husband
10. What kind of snake does Jamison want to protect herself against?
(a) A rattle snake
(b) An adder
(c) A grass snake
(d) A brown snake
11. What does Jamison's father find it difficult to do when he is clinically depressed?
(a) Play ping pong
(b) Go for walks
(c) Get out of bed
(d) Talk on the phone
12. Which of the following words does Jamison use to describe her illness?
13. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
14. What sea does Jamison say makes the weather harsh at St. Andrew's?
(a) The North Sea
(b) The Dead sea
(c) The Black sea
(d) The Irish sea
15. What does Jamison say she remembers college as?
(a) Intellectually stimulating
(b) Intense suffering and confusion
(c) Time of her life
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison call the chauvinist professor?
2. Who does David invite to dinner in this chapter?
3. What do David and Jamison meet for almost every day?
4. What does lithium force Jamison to give up?
5. What does Jamison want to buy at the drug store?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)