|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison find too emotional?
(d) Her marriage
2. What sea does Jamison say makes the weather harsh at St. Andrew's?
(a) The Irish sea
(b) The North Sea
(c) The Dead sea
(d) The Black sea
3. What does Jamison say she remembers college as?
(a) Time of her life
(b) Intense suffering and confusion
(c) Intellectually stimulating
4. What does Jamison remind her that she has been inducted into?
(a) A manchild's faculty club
(b) A mostly female faculty club
(c) A chauvinist's faculty club
(d) A mostly male faculty club
5. Which of the following drugs is Jamison not researching?
6. What Jamison say she needs to break her dark moods?
(a) Firm discipline
(d) Gentle discipline
7. Which of the following two words does Jamison use to describe her husband?
(a) Talented and kind
(b) Depressive and beautiful
(c) Horribly handsome
(d) Witty and loving
8. Who does Jamison try and reconcile with in this chapter?
(a) David Laurie
(b) Her father
(c) Her husband
(d) Her son
9. What is manic depression also known as?
(b) Manic moods
(d) Black dog
10. Who helps Jamison pay off her debts?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her sister
(c) Her brother
(d) Her mother
11. Which of the following does Jamison like about the UCLA?
(a) Its diversity
(b) Its calmness
(c) Its famous students
(d) Its music scene
12. Which member of Jamison's family becomes her emotional bedrock?
(a) Her father
(b) Her brother
(c) Her sister
(d) Her mother
13. What university did Jamison want to go to?
(c) New York
14. What country is David Laurie from?
15. What does Jamison decide is her strongest interest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does Jamison use to describe her illness?
2. What can Jamison never repay back to her brother?
3. What nationality is Jamison's husband?
4. Why does Jamison shoplift a blouse?
5. In what room does Jamison sleep in to help with her feelings of nausea?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)