|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Jamison say she needs to break her dark moods?
(a) Firm discipline
(c) Gentle discipline
2. What country has David been assigned to?
(d) Hong Kong
3. What did Jamison feel when her brother was around?
4. Which of the book's character's says off we go into the wild blue yonder?
(a) Jamison's sister
(b) Jamison's mother
(c) Jamison's brother
(d) Jamison's father
5. What is Eros?
(a) The food source
(b) The water source
(c) The death force
(d) The life force
6. What university did Jamison want to go to?
(b) New York
7. Why does Jamison encounter resistance from the medical school for her clinic?
(a) She is taking lithium
(b) She is not a physician
(c) She is a woman
(d) She is having a manic episode
8. What kind of glove did Jamison used to wear as a society girl in Washington DC?
(a) Ski gloves
(b) Woollen gloves
(c) Fingerless gloves
(d) Length white gloves
9. What does Jamison decide to do before entertaining guests?
(a) Run around the house
(b) Put on makeup
(c) Clean out the medicine cabinet
(d) Shout at her husband
10. Who does Jamison try and reconcile with in this chapter?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her father
(c) Her son
(d) David Laurie
11. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
12. What does Jamison's father try to determine the IQ scores of?
(a) IBM computers
(b) Privately schooled adults
(c) The working class
(d) Historical figures
13. Why does Jamison shoplift a blouse?
(a) She does not like the shop
(b) She wants to know if she can get away with it
(c) For part of her research
(d) She is too impatient to wait
14. What poet does Jamison think of when she is walking through the university gardens?
(a) Mary Shelley
(b) William Wordsworth
(c) Percy Shelley
(d) Lord Tennyson
15. What does Jamison find it difficult doing when she is on lithium?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which English city does Jamison spend a few months in?
2. What sea does Jamison say makes the weather harsh at St. Andrew's?
3. Where does Jamison's psychiatrist take her when Jamison insists she wants to be alone?
4. Who helps Jamison pay off her debts?
5. Who does Jamison delight in baiting?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)