|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university did Jamison want to go to?
(a) New York
2. What animal does Jamison want to buy?
(a) A dog
(b) A horse
(c) A sheep
(d) A cow
3. What does Jamison find too emotional?
(d) Her marriage
4. What is Jamison's brother researching the economic aspects of?
(b) British housing schemes during Thatcherism
(c) Dam-building by beavers
(d) Communist buildings during Stalism
5. What is the name of the man Jamison meets at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Philip White
(b) David Laurie
(c) James Goldfield
(d) Lawrence Petersen
6. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
7. What corporation did Jamison's father work at?
8. What university does Jamison enroll at?
9. Why does Jamison decline Laurie's invitation to go to dinner?
(a) She is too busy
(b) She is still married
(c) She does not find him attractive
(d) He won't let her pay
10. What did Jamison feel when her brother was around?
11. What does Jamison like to put in her morning orange juice?
12. What does Jamison refuse to do regularly?
(a) Take Halpol
(b) Go to work
(c) Read poetry
(d) Take her lithium
13. In what room does Jamison sleep in to help with her feelings of nausea?
(a) The conservatory
(b) The bedroom
(c) The bathroom
(d) The dining room
14. What country has David been assigned to?
(a) Hong Kong
15. What does Jamison decide is her strongest interest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Jamison say she needs to break her dark moods?
2. What does Jamison's father try to determine the IQ scores of?
3. Which member of Jamison's family becomes her emotional bedrock?
4. What title is Jamison given at he end of this chapter?
5. What kind of glove did Jamison used to wear as a society girl in Washington DC?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)