Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
2. What does Jamison want to buy at the drug store?
(a) A snake bite kit
3. What does Jamison remind her that she has been inducted into?
(a) A mostly male faculty club
(b) A chauvinist's faculty club
(c) A manchild's faculty club
(d) A mostly female faculty club
4. What does Jamison like to write?
(b) Short stories
5. Which children's book does Jamison reread?
(a) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
(b) Winnie the Pooh
(c) Kevin the Kitten
(d) Wind in the willows
6. What does Jamison say was filled with warmth, friendship and confidence?
(a) Her childhood
(b) Her relationship with her teachers
(c) Her adulthood
(d) Her realationship with her father
7. Which American poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
(a) T.S Elliot
(b) Delmore Schwartz
(c) Walt Whitman
(d) Erza Pound
8. What kind of glove did Jamison used to wear as a society girl in Washington DC?
(a) Ski gloves
(b) Fingerless gloves
(c) Woollen gloves
(d) Length white gloves
9. What is Jamison reluctant to surrender to when she is manic?
(c) The government
(d) Her brother
10. What is a hospital candy striper?
(a) A student volunteer
(b) Am army child
(c) A homosexual
(d) A manic depressive patient
11. What does Jamison say she must do before she becomes associate professor?
(b) Simplify her life
(c) Admit her problems
(d) Get off lithium
12. What does Jamison say happens after several years of taking lithium?
(a) Her moods begin to level out
(b) She becomes immune
(c) She puts on weight
(d) She loses her creative spark
13. What kind of snake does Jamison want to protect herself against?
(a) An adder
(b) A rattle snake
(c) A brown snake
(d) A grass snake
14. What did Jamison feel when her brother was around?
15. What country has David been assigned to?
(b) Hong Kong
Short Answer Questions
1. What title is Jamison given at he end of this chapter?
2. What does Jamison call the chauvinist professor?
3. Which of the following two words does Jamison use to describe her husband?
4. Which of the following drugs is Jamison not researching?
5. What is threatened when Jamison enters are depressive stage?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)