|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jamison encounter resistance from the medical school for her clinic?
(a) She is not a physician
(b) She is taking lithium
(c) She is a woman
(d) She is having a manic episode
2. What did Jamison's mother teach her to do?
(a) Break her dark moods
(b) Play golf
(c) Play cards
(d) Come off lithium
3. What is manic depression also known as?
(b) Manic moods
(d) Black dog
4. Which Welsh poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
(a) Rhys Jones
(b) Dylan Thomas
(c) Ralph Steadman
(d) Tom Jones
5. Who insists Jamison has to stay on lithium?
(a) Her boss
(b) Her husband
(c) Her brother
(d) Her psychiatrist
6. What does Jamison want to buy at the drug store?
(d) A snake bite kit
7. What is the name of the magazine the psychiatry resident is reading?
(a) Total Sport
(b) Physician's Desk Reference
(c) Physician's Guide to Good Care
(d) Total Film
8. What does the air crash become a metaphor for?
(a) The Iraq war
(b) Jamison's parent's divorce
(c) Jamison's marriages
(d) Jamison's manic-depression
9. What attraction is Jamison visiting when she drops her lithium tablets?
(a) Canterbury Cathedral
(d) Winchester Cathedral
10. Which European city does Jamison's brother call her from?
11. Which member of her family does Jamison say she adores?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her sister
(c) Her father
(d) Her mother
12. What can Jamison never repay back to her brother?
(a) His emotional support
(b) His love
(c) The cigarettes he gives her
(d) The money he lends her
13. What sea does Jamison say makes the weather harsh at St. Andrew's?
(a) The North Sea
(b) The Irish sea
(c) The Black sea
(d) The Dead sea
14. Which poet does Jamison make 40 copies of?
(a) Lord Tennyson
(b) Percy Shelley
(c) Walt Whitman
(d) Edna St. Vincent Millay
15. What does Jamison find too emotional?
(a) Her marriage
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hospital Jamison visits at 15?
2. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
3. What does lithium force Jamison to give up?
4. What does Jamison say she must do before she becomes associate professor?
5. What is threatened when Jamison enters are depressive stage?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)