|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following two words does Jamison use to describe her husband?
(a) Talented and kind
(b) Depressive and beautiful
(c) Horribly handsome
(d) Witty and loving
2. What kind of glove did Jamison used to wear as a society girl in Washington DC?
(a) Length white gloves
(b) Woollen gloves
(c) Fingerless gloves
(d) Ski gloves
3. What does the air crash become a metaphor for?
(a) Jamison's manic-depression
(b) Jamison's parent's divorce
(c) The Iraq war
(d) Jamison's marriages
4. At what school is Jamison a psychiatrist?
(a) Oxford University
(b) John Hopkins University of Medicine
(c) Yale University
(d) Sir John Moores University
5. What does Jamison like to write?
(b) Short stories
6. What happened to the pilot in the military jet?
(a) He lost his legs
(b) He burned to death
(c) He broke his back
(d) He lost an arm
7. What drug has the physician injected his patient with?
8. What does Jamison call the chauvinist professor?
9. Which of the following words does Jamison use to describe her illness?
10. What is the only drug Jamison says can save her?
11. Which of the book's character's says off we go into the wild blue yonder?
(a) Jamison's sister
(b) Jamison's mother
(c) Jamison's brother
(d) Jamison's father
12. What can Jamison never repay back to her brother?
(a) His love
(b) His emotional support
(c) The money he lends her
(d) The cigarettes he gives her
13. What Jamison say she needs to break her dark moods?
(a) Firm discipline
(c) Gentle discipline
14. What university does Jamison enroll at?
15. What is Jamison's brother researching the economic aspects of?
(a) Communist buildings during Stalism
(b) Dam-building by beavers
(c) British housing schemes during Thatcherism
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the magazine the psychiatry resident is reading?
2. What feeling is Jamison filled with during a manic episode?
3. Who helps Jamison pay off her debts?
4. What does Jamison want to buy at the drug store?
5. What is manic depression also known as?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)