|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the pilot in the military jet?
(a) He broke his back
(b) He burned to death
(c) He lost an arm
(d) He lost his legs
2. What sea does Jamison say makes the weather harsh at St. Andrew's?
(a) The Dead sea
(b) The North Sea
(c) The Irish sea
(d) The Black sea
3. Which of the following drugs is Jamison not researching?
4. Where does Jamison's psychiatrist take her when Jamison insists she wants to be alone?
(a) For an ice cream
(b) To London
(c) To a hockey match
(d) To a cematory
5. What does Jamison call the chauvinist professor?
6. Which of the following composers does the orchestra not play?
7. What does Jamison think about when her moods are very low?
(a) Images of death
(b) Everyone hates her
8. What does Jamison's father try to determine the IQ scores of?
(a) The working class
(b) IBM computers
(c) Historical figures
(d) Privately schooled adults
9. What country has David been assigned to?
(b) Hong Kong
10. In what city was Andrews Air Force Base situated?
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) New York
11. What was Jamison doing when the military jet crashed?
(a) Eating lunch
(b) Playing in the school yard
(c) Learning math
(d) Flying a kite
12. What is Jamison's brother researching the economic aspects of?
(a) Communist buildings during Stalism
(b) Dam-building by beavers
(d) British housing schemes during Thatcherism
13. Which of the following two words does Jamison use to describe her husband?
(a) Witty and loving
(b) Talented and kind
(c) Horribly handsome
(d) Depressive and beautiful
14. At what school is Jamison a psychiatrist?
(a) Oxford University
(b) Yale University
(c) Sir John Moores University
(d) John Hopkins University of Medicine
15. Which member of Jamison's family is she particularly grateful to for saving her life?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her brother
(c) Her father
(d) Her sister
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Jamison pay off her debts?
2. What does Jamison establish at her university in this chapter?
3. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
4. What does the air crash become a metaphor for?
5. Which of the book's character's says off we go into the wild blue yonder?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)