|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison's father find it difficult to do when he is clinically depressed?
(a) Talk on the phone
(b) Get out of bed
(c) Play ping pong
(d) Go for walks
2. What does Jamison like to write?
(c) Short stories
3. Which poet does Jamison make 40 copies of?
(a) Lord Tennyson
(b) Edna St. Vincent Millay
(c) Walt Whitman
(d) Percy Shelley
4. Who does Jamison inherit her manic depression from?
(a) Her grandfather
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Her mother
(d) Her father
5. What does Jamison's faculty member believe Jamison to be in the middle of during a party?
(a) A busy day
(b) A manic episode
(c) A depressive episode
(d) A divorce
6. What does Jamison say she remembers college as?
(a) Intense suffering and confusion
(b) Intellectually stimulating
(d) Time of her life
7. What is threatened when Jamison enters are depressive stage?
(a) Her life
(b) Her family
(c) Her work
(d) Her marriage
8. In which city does David die?
9. What kind of snake does Jamison want to protect herself against?
(a) A brown snake
(b) A rattle snake
(c) An adder
(d) A grass snake
10. What does Jamison say happens after several years of taking lithium?
(a) She loses her creative spark
(b) She puts on weight
(c) She becomes immune
(d) Her moods begin to level out
11. Which member of Jamison's family is she particularly grateful to for saving her life?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her brother
(c) Her sister
(d) Her father
12. What does Jamison remind her that she has been inducted into?
(a) A mostly female faculty club
(b) A manchild's faculty club
(c) A mostly male faculty club
(d) A chauvinist's faculty club
13. Which of the following composers does the orchestra not play?
14. What is the name of the man Jamison meets at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Philip White
(b) Lawrence Petersen
(c) David Laurie
(d) James Goldfield
15. What country has David been assigned to?
(c) Hong Kong
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the air crash become a metaphor for?
2. Why does Jamison decline Laurie's invitation to go to dinner?
3. What is the name of the hospital Jamison visits at 15?
4. What is the only drug Jamison says can save her?
5. Why does Jamison encounter resistance from the medical school for her clinic?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)