|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jamison's psychiatrist take her when Jamison insists she wants to be alone?
(a) To a hockey match
(b) To a cematory
(c) To London
(d) For an ice cream
2. Who insists Jamison has to stay on lithium?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her boss
(c) Her brother
(d) Her psychiatrist
3. What university did Jamison want to go to?
(d) New York
4. What does Jamison remind her that she has been inducted into?
(a) A chauvinist's faculty club
(b) A manchild's faculty club
(c) A mostly male faculty club
(d) A mostly female faculty club
5. What attraction is Jamison visiting when she drops her lithium tablets?
(c) Winchester Cathedral
(d) Canterbury Cathedral
6. What country has David been assigned to?
(d) Hong Kong
7. Which Welsh poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
(a) Ralph Steadman
(b) Tom Jones
(c) Rhys Jones
(d) Dylan Thomas
8. What corporation did Jamison's father work at?
9. What country is David Laurie from?
10. What kind of glove did Jamison used to wear as a society girl in Washington DC?
(a) Woollen gloves
(b) Length white gloves
(c) Fingerless gloves
(d) Ski gloves
11. What does Jamison say happens after several years of taking lithium?
(a) Her moods begin to level out
(b) She puts on weight
(c) She becomes immune
(d) She loses her creative spark
12. At what school is Jamison a psychiatrist?
(a) Yale University
(b) Sir John Moores University
(c) John Hopkins University of Medicine
(d) Oxford University
13. Which European city does Jamison's brother call her from?
14. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
15. What title is Jamison given at he end of this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was Andrews Air Force Base situated?
2. What is the name of the magazine the psychiatry resident is reading?
3. What does Jamison find it difficult doing when she is on lithium?
4. What does Jamison claim manic depressive illness is linked with?
5. What drug has the physician injected his patient with?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)