|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the air crash become a metaphor for?
(a) Jamison's marriages
(b) Jamison's manic-depression
(c) Jamison's parent's divorce
(d) The Iraq war
2. In what country is St. Andrew's located?
3. What does Jamison think about when her moods are very low?
(a) Images of death
(b) Everyone hates her
4. What does Jamison refuse to do regularly?
(a) Go to work
(b) Take her lithium
(c) Take Halpol
(d) Read poetry
5. What does Jamison say she remembers college as?
(a) Intellectually stimulating
(b) Intense suffering and confusion
(c) Time of her life
6. Why can Jamison not afford spending sprees?
(a) She needs to buy a car
(b) She is saving for a house
(c) She has to pay for college
(d) She is already in debt
7. What is the only drug Jamison says can save her?
8. What does Jamison take to make sure she does not vomit?
(a) An anti-goo
(b) An anti-body
(c) An anti-emetic
(d) An anti-hemetic
9. What does Jamison's faculty member believe Jamison to be in the middle of during a party?
(a) A divorce
(b) A manic episode
(c) A depressive episode
(d) A busy day
10. In what room does Jamison sleep in to help with her feelings of nausea?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The bedroom
(c) The dining room
(d) The conservatory
11. Which of the following composers does the orchestra not play?
12. What does Jamison decide is her strongest interest?
13. What is Eros?
(a) The food source
(b) The water source
(c) The death force
(d) The life force
14. Which American poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
(a) Erza Pound
(b) Delmore Schwartz
(c) T.S Elliot
(d) Walt Whitman
15. Where does Jamison's psychiatrist take her when Jamison insists she wants to be alone?
(a) For an ice cream
(b) To London
(c) To a cematory
(d) To a hockey match
Short Answer Questions
1. What is manic depression also known as?
2. Who does David invite to dinner in this chapter?
3. Which of the following words does Jamison use to describe her illness?
4. Which of the following two words does Jamison use to describe her husband?
5. Who insists Jamison has to stay on lithium?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)