|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jamison's brother researching the economic aspects of?
(a) Communist buildings during Stalism
(c) Dam-building by beavers
(d) British housing schemes during Thatcherism
2. What does Jamison decide she needs to be patient with?
(a) Her family
(c) Her work
(d) The lithium
3. What poet does Jamison think of when she is walking through the university gardens?
(a) Lord Tennyson
(b) Percy Shelley
(c) William Wordsworth
(d) Mary Shelley
4. Who does Jamison delight in baiting?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her brother
5. What does Jamison find too emotional?
(d) Her marriage
6. Which member of her family does Jamison say she adores?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her brother
(c) Her mother
(d) Her father
7. What does Jamison think about when her moods are very low?
(b) Images of death
(d) Everyone hates her
8. What does Jamison say was filled with warmth, friendship and confidence?
(a) Her relationship with her teachers
(b) Her realationship with her father
(c) Her adulthood
(d) Her childhood
9. What does lithium force Jamison to give up?
10. In which city does David die?
11. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
12. What does Jamison's father find it difficult to do when he is clinically depressed?
(a) Play ping pong
(b) Go for walks
(c) Get out of bed
(d) Talk on the phone
13. What does Jamison want to buy at the drug store?
(a) A snake bite kit
14. Which Welsh poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
(a) Rhys Jones
(b) Ralph Steadman
(c) Tom Jones
(d) Dylan Thomas
15. Who helps Jamison pay off her debts?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her sister
(c) Her brother
(d) Her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jamison and Laurie stay in touch?
2. What can Jamison never repay back to her brother?
3. What attraction is Jamison visiting when she drops her lithium tablets?
4. Which of the following words does Jamison use to describe her illness?
5. Who does Jamison try and reconcile with in this chapter?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)