|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison take to make sure she does not vomit?
(a) An anti-hemetic
(b) An anti-body
(c) An anti-goo
(d) An anti-emetic
2. What does Jamison want to buy at the drug store?
(d) A snake bite kit
3. Which of the following words does Jamison use to describe her illness?
4. What does Jamison remind her that she has been inducted into?
(a) A chauvinist's faculty club
(b) A mostly male faculty club
(c) A manchild's faculty club
(d) A mostly female faculty club
5. What does Jamison think about when her moods are very low?
(c) Images of death
(d) Everyone hates her
6. Who does David invite to dinner in this chapter?
(a) British military officers
(b) Czech professors
(c) His mother
7. What does Jamison's faculty member believe Jamison to be in the middle of during a party?
(a) A divorce
(b) A busy day
(c) A depressive episode
(d) A manic episode
8. What is Eros?
(a) The life force
(b) The food source
(c) The death force
(d) The water source
9. What does Jamison say takes hours to do when she is depressed?
(a) Making a cup of coffee
(b) Washing her hair
(c) Waking up
(d) Washing her feet
10. What country is David Laurie from?
11. What kind of glove did Jamison used to wear as a society girl in Washington DC?
(a) Fingerless gloves
(b) Length white gloves
(c) Woollen gloves
(d) Ski gloves
12. What does Jamison claim manic depressive illness is linked with?
13. What animal does Jamison want to buy?
(a) A cow
(b) A horse
(c) A dog
(d) A sheep
14. What corporation did Jamison's father work at?
15. What nationality is Jamison's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jamison try and reconcile with in this chapter?
2. Which American poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
3. What do David and Jamison meet for almost every day?
4. What does lithium force Jamison to give up?
5. What does Jamison like to write?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)