|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison say she must do before she becomes associate professor?
(a) Admit her problems
(c) Get off lithium
(d) Simplify her life
2. In which English city does Jamison spend a few months in?
3. What poet does Jamison think of when she is walking through the university gardens?
(a) William Wordsworth
(b) Lord Tennyson
(c) Percy Shelley
(d) Mary Shelley
4. What corporation did Jamison's father work at?
5. What does Jamison like to write?
(b) Short stories
6. What does Jamison say happens after several years of taking lithium?
(a) She puts on weight
(b) Her moods begin to level out
(c) She becomes immune
(d) She loses her creative spark
7. What does Jamison find it difficult doing when she is on lithium?
8. In what room does Jamison sleep in to help with her feelings of nausea?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The dining room
(c) The conservatory
(d) The bedroom
9. What job does the bright young man have who kills himself?
10. What does Jamison claim manic depressive illness is linked with?
11. Where does Jamison's psychiatrist take her when Jamison insists she wants to be alone?
(a) To London
(b) For an ice cream
(c) To a hockey match
(d) To a cematory
12. What is Jamison's brother researching the economic aspects of?
(a) British housing schemes during Thatcherism
(c) Dam-building by beavers
(d) Communist buildings during Stalism
13. Which member of her family does Jamison say she adores?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her sister
(c) Her brother
(d) Her father
14. What did Jamison's mother teach her to do?
(a) Come off lithium
(b) Play cards
(c) Break her dark moods
(d) Play golf
15. What country is David Laurie from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison want to buy at the drug store?
2. Who does David invite to dinner in this chapter?
3. What does Jamison's father try to determine the IQ scores of?
4. What does Jamison decide she needs to be patient with?
5. Which Welsh poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)