|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does the bright young man have who kills himself?
2. What does Jamison's father try to determine the IQ scores of?
(a) Privately schooled adults
(b) The working class
(c) Historical figures
(d) IBM computers
3. Why does Jamison decline Laurie's invitation to go to dinner?
(a) She is still married
(b) She is too busy
(c) She does not find him attractive
(d) He won't let her pay
4. What does Jamison say she remembers college as?
(b) Intense suffering and confusion
(c) Time of her life
(d) Intellectually stimulating
5. What poet does Jamison think of when she is walking through the university gardens?
(a) William Wordsworth
(b) Lord Tennyson
(c) Mary Shelley
(d) Percy Shelley
6. What drug has the physician injected his patient with?
7. What does the air crash become a metaphor for?
(a) Jamison's parent's divorce
(b) Jamison's manic-depression
(c) The Iraq war
(d) Jamison's marriages
8. What university does Jamison receive a federal grant to attend?
(b) New York
(c) Oxford University
(d) St. Andrew's University
9. What corporation did Jamison's father work at?
10. What do the students eat in her zoology class?
11. Which of the following composers does the orchestra not play?
12. Which member of Jamison's family becomes her emotional bedrock?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her sister
(c) Her father
(d) Her brother
13. Who does Jamison find sitting at her office desk in this chapter?
(a) David Laurie
(b) Philip Brown
(c) Her sister
(d) Her brother
14. Which of the following two words does Jamison use to describe her husband?
(a) Horribly handsome
(b) Witty and loving
(c) Talented and kind
(d) Depressive and beautiful
15. What subject does Jamison's brother have a PHD in?
(b) Film and Media
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison take to make sure she does not vomit?
2. How do Jamison and Laurie stay in touch?
3. What is the name of the man Jamison meets at the beginning of the chapter?
4. What does Jamison find it difficult doing when she is on lithium?
5. Which of the following does Jamison like about the UCLA?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)