|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the pilot in the military jet?
(a) He lost his legs
(b) He lost an arm
(c) He broke his back
(d) He burned to death
2. Which member of her family does Jamison say she adores?
(a) Her father
(b) Her sister
(c) Her brother
(d) Her mother
3. What does Jamison decide she needs to be patient with?
(a) The lithium
(b) Her work
(d) Her family
4. Why can Jamison not afford spending sprees?
(a) She has to pay for college
(b) She is already in debt
(c) She is saving for a house
(d) She needs to buy a car
5. What sea does Jamison say makes the weather harsh at St. Andrew's?
(a) The Black sea
(b) The Dead sea
(c) The North Sea
(d) The Irish sea
6. Why does Jamison shoplift a blouse?
(a) She is too impatient to wait
(b) She wants to know if she can get away with it
(c) She does not like the shop
(d) For part of her research
7. What is manic depression also known as?
(b) Manic moods
(c) Black dog
8. What is Eros?
(a) The food source
(b) The life force
(c) The death force
(d) The water source
9. What university does Jamison enroll at?
10. What feeling is Jamison filled with during a manic episode?
(a) Love and happiness
(b) Self-confidence and well-being
(c) Hate and darkness
(d) Intelligence and imaginaton
11. What does Jamison like to put in her morning orange juice?
12. Where does Jamison's psychiatrist take her when Jamison insists she wants to be alone?
(a) To a hockey match
(b) To London
(c) For an ice cream
(d) To a cematory
13. Who does Jamison inherit her manic depression from?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Her father
(d) Her grandfather
14. How do Jamison and Laurie stay in touch?
(a) Telephone calls
(b) Text messages
15. What kind of glove did Jamison used to wear as a society girl in Washington DC?
(a) Fingerless gloves
(b) Ski gloves
(c) Woollen gloves
(d) Length white gloves
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Jamison's family becomes her emotional bedrock?
2. Who insists Jamison has to stay on lithium?
3. In what country is St. Andrew's located?
4. What kind of snake does Jamison want to protect herself against?
5. What attraction is Jamison visiting when she drops her lithium tablets?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)