|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jamison reluctant to surrender to when she is manic?
(a) The government
(c) Her brother
2. What does Jamison's faculty member believe Jamison to be in the middle of during a party?
(a) A busy day
(b) A divorce
(c) A manic episode
(d) A depressive episode
3. Why can Jamison not afford spending sprees?
(a) She is saving for a house
(b) She is already in debt
(c) She has to pay for college
(d) She needs to buy a car
4. Which of the following words does Jamison use to describe her illness?
5. What is Jamison's brother researching the economic aspects of?
(b) Dam-building by beavers
(c) Communist buildings during Stalism
(d) British housing schemes during Thatcherism
6. In which city does David die?
7. Why does Jamison encounter resistance from the medical school for her clinic?
(a) She is having a manic episode
(b) She is not a physician
(c) She is taking lithium
(d) She is a woman
8. What is Eros?
(a) The food source
(b) The death force
(c) The water source
(d) The life force
9. In what room does Jamison sleep in to help with her feelings of nausea?
(a) The dining room
(b) The conservatory
(c) The bathroom
(d) The bedroom
10. What does Jamison want to buy at the drug store?
(c) A snake bite kit
11. Which member of Jamison's family is she particularly grateful to for saving her life?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her father
(c) Her mother
(d) Her brother
12. Which European city does Jamison's brother call her from?
13. Where does Jamison's psychiatrist take her when Jamison insists she wants to be alone?
(a) To a cematory
(b) For an ice cream
(c) To London
(d) To a hockey match
14. What does the air crash become a metaphor for?
(a) Jamison's parent's divorce
(b) Jamison's marriages
(c) Jamison's manic-depression
(d) The Iraq war
15. What did Jamison's mother teach her to do?
(a) Break her dark moods
(b) Come off lithium
(c) Play cards
(d) Play golf
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison say she remembers college as?
2. In which English city does Jamison spend a few months in?
3. What happened to the pilot in the military jet?
4. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
5. Who does Jamison try and reconcile with in this chapter?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)