|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university does Jamison enroll at?
2. What happened to the pilot in the military jet?
(a) He burned to death
(b) He lost his legs
(c) He lost an arm
(d) He broke his back
3. What university did Jamison want to go to?
(a) New York
4. What does Jamison claim manic depressive illness is linked with?
5. What does Jamison join in 1974?
(a) The Yale Faculty
(b) The bi-polar society
(c) The Tennyson society
(d) The UCLA faculty
6. What does Jamison want to buy at the drug store?
(c) A snake bite kit
7. Which member of Jamison's family is she particularly grateful to for saving her life?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her mother
(c) Her father
(d) Her sister
8. What university does Jamison receive a federal grant to attend?
(a) New York
(b) St. Andrew's University
(d) Oxford University
9. Why does Jamison shoplift a blouse?
(a) She does not like the shop
(b) She wants to know if she can get away with it
(c) She is too impatient to wait
(d) For part of her research
10. Which American poet does Jamison reference in this chapter?
(a) Erza Pound
(b) Walt Whitman
(c) T.S Elliot
(d) Delmore Schwartz
11. Which of the following drugs is Jamison not researching?
12. Who does Jamison delight in baiting?
(b) Her husband
(c) Her brother
13. What do David and Jamison meet for almost every day?
14. In what country is St. Andrew's located?
15. What does Jamison think about when her moods are very low?
(a) Everyone hates her
(c) Images of death
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David invite to dinner in this chapter?
2. What does Jamison say she must do before she becomes associate professor?
3. What title is Jamison given at he end of this chapter?
4. What does Jamison find too emotional?
5. In what city was Andrews Air Force Base situated?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)