|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a hospital candy striper?
(a) A homosexual
(b) Am army child
(c) A student volunteer
(d) A manic depressive patient
2. Who does Jamison try and reconcile with in this chapter?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her son
(c) David Laurie
(d) Her father
3. Why does Jamison encounter resistance from the medical school for her clinic?
(a) She is taking lithium
(b) She is having a manic episode
(c) She is a woman
(d) She is not a physician
4. What do the students eat in her zoology class?
5. How do Jamison and Laurie stay in touch?
(c) Text messages
(d) Telephone calls
6. In which city does David die?
7. What corporation did Jamison's father work at?
8. What kind of glove did Jamison used to wear as a society girl in Washington DC?
(a) Woollen gloves
(b) Length white gloves
(c) Fingerless gloves
(d) Ski gloves
9. What does lithium force Jamison to give up?
10. What does Jamison's faculty member believe Jamison to be in the middle of during a party?
(a) A manic episode
(b) A busy day
(c) A divorce
(d) A depressive episode
11. What did Jamison's mother teach her to do?
(a) Break her dark moods
(b) Play cards
(c) Play golf
(d) Come off lithium
12. At what school is Jamison a psychiatrist?
(a) Yale University
(b) Oxford University
(c) Sir John Moores University
(d) John Hopkins University of Medicine
13. What is the name of the hospital Jamison visits at 15?
(a) St. Wencelas'
(b) St. Elizabeth's
(c) St. George's
(d) St. Drake's
14. Who does David invite to dinner in this chapter?
(b) Czech professors
(c) British military officers
(d) His mother
15. What does Jamison's father try to determine the IQ scores of?
(a) Historical figures
(b) Privately schooled adults
(c) The working class
(d) IBM computers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison like to write?
2. What subject does Jamison's brother have a PHD in?
3. Who does Jamison find sitting at her office desk in this chapter?
4. What is threatened when Jamison enters are depressive stage?
5. Which member of her family does Jamison say she adores?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)