|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the magazine the psychiatry resident is reading?
(a) Physician's Guide to Good Care
(b) Physician's Desk Reference
(c) Total Sport
(d) Total Film
2. What does Jamison refuse to do regularly?
(a) Take Halpol
(b) Read poetry
(c) Go to work
(d) Take her lithium
3. What does Jamison decide is her strongest interest?
4. What does Jamison say takes hours to do when she is depressed?
(a) Waking up
(b) Making a cup of coffee
(c) Washing her feet
(d) Washing her hair
5. What drug has the physician injected his patient with?
6. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
7. What university does Jamison receive a federal grant to attend?
(b) St. Andrew's University
(c) New York
(d) Oxford University
8. What subject does Jamison's brother have a PHD in?
(b) Film and Media
9. Which member of Jamison's family becomes her emotional bedrock?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her brother
(c) Her sister
(d) Her father
10. What job does the bright young man have who kills himself?
11. Why does Jamison shoplift a blouse?
(a) She does not like the shop
(b) For part of her research
(c) She is too impatient to wait
(d) She wants to know if she can get away with it
12. Which children's book does Jamison reread?
(a) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
(b) Kevin the Kitten
(c) Winnie the Pooh
(d) Wind in the willows
13. What does Jamison say she remembers college as?
(a) Intense suffering and confusion
(b) Time of her life
(d) Intellectually stimulating
14. At what school is Jamison a psychiatrist?
(a) Oxford University
(b) Yale University
(c) John Hopkins University of Medicine
(d) Sir John Moores University
15. What Jamison say she needs to break her dark moods?
(b) Gentle discipline
(c) Firm discipline
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison remind her that she has been inducted into?
2. What is Jamison reluctant to surrender to when she is manic?
3. Why can Jamison not afford spending sprees?
4. Who does Jamison inherit her manic depression from?
5. Where does Jamison's psychiatrist take her when Jamison insists she wants to be alone?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)