|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison find it difficult doing when she is on lithium?
2. What corporation did Jamison's father work at?
3. Who does Jamison find sitting at her office desk in this chapter?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her sister
(c) Philip Brown
(d) David Laurie
4. Who does Jamison delight in baiting?
(b) Her brother
(c) Her husband
5. What is threatened when Jamison enters are depressive stage?
(a) Her family
(b) Her work
(c) Her marriage
(d) Her life
6. What feeling is Jamison filled with during a manic episode?
(a) Love and happiness
(b) Hate and darkness
(c) Self-confidence and well-being
(d) Intelligence and imaginaton
7. What does Jamison say takes hours to do when she is depressed?
(a) Making a cup of coffee
(b) Washing her hair
(c) Washing her feet
(d) Waking up
8. What does Jamison claim manic depressive illness is linked with?
9. Which poet does Jamison make 40 copies of?
(a) Lord Tennyson
(b) Percy Shelley
(c) Walt Whitman
(d) Edna St. Vincent Millay
10. What did Jamison feel when her brother was around?
11. Which of the following words does Jamison use to describe her illness?
12. What kind of snake does Jamison want to protect herself against?
(a) A rattle snake
(b) A grass snake
(c) A brown snake
(d) An adder
13. What is the only drug Jamison says can save her?
14. Who does Jamison try and reconcile with in this chapter?
(a) Her son
(b) Her father
(c) David Laurie
(d) Her husband
15. What does Jamison think about when her moods are very low?
(c) Everyone hates her
(d) Images of death
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jamison shoplift a blouse?
2. What does Jamison decide to do before entertaining guests?
3. What subject does Jamison's brother have a PHD in?
4. Which of the following does Jamison like about the UCLA?
5. In which English city does Jamison spend a few months in?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)