|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Speaking of Madness".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamison join in 1974?
(a) The Yale Faculty
(b) The Tennyson society
(c) The bi-polar society
(d) The UCLA faculty
2. Which of the following two words does Jamison use to describe her husband?
(a) Talented and kind
(b) Depressive and beautiful
(c) Horribly handsome
(d) Witty and loving
3. What is threatened when Jamison enters are depressive stage?
(a) Her work
(b) Her life
(c) Her marriage
(d) Her family
4. What did the woman think that Jamison's choice of words would do to sufferers of mental illness?
(a) Stigmitize them
(b) Free them
(c) Arm them
(d) Romanticize them
5. What does Jamison's father find it difficult to do when he is clinically depressed?
(a) Go for walks
(b) Talk on the phone
(c) Play ping pong
(d) Get out of bed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamison decide to reduce at the end of this chapter?
2. Why does Jamison decline Laurie's invitation to go to dinner?
3. Who does Jamison inherit her manic depression from?
4. What does Jamison want a heightened awareness of?
5. Which children's book does Jamison reread?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)