|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "The Troubled Helix".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Schou share with Jamison?
(a) A family history of manic depression
(b) A love for poetry
(c) A love for research
(d) A military family
2. What country does Jamison go to in this chapter?
3. Who insists Jamison has to stay on lithium?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her brother
(c) Her boss
(d) Her psychiatrist
4. What is Jamison reluctant to surrender to when she is manic?
(a) The government
(d) Her brother
5. What does Jamison decide to do before entertaining guests?
(a) Run around the house
(b) Shout at her husband
(c) Put on makeup
(d) Clean out the medicine cabinet
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James Watson discover?
2. What drug has the physician injected his patient with?
3. What country is David Laurie from?
4. What does Jamison find it difficult doing when she is on lithium?
5. Where does Jamison say most scientists now believe manic depressive illness comes from?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)