|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Etty feels guilt about living how?
(a) As a sinner.
(b) As a Christian.
(c) So abundantly.
(d) In the city.
2. Etty begins preparing herself for life where?
(a) In Germany.
(b) In her own apartment.
(c) In a small town.
(d) In a very small cell.
3. It serves humanity better to allow a persecutor to witness another's ________________________.
(a) "Fear and anxiety."
(b) "Hatred and anger."
(c) "Sadness and utter defenselessness."
(d) "Strength and resilience."
4. Etty no longer concerns herself with the need to appear how?
(c) Strong on the outside.
5. Given Etty's propensity toward the ascetic life, what might she think of all the mental exercises in which she participates?
(a) They might be a nuisance.
(b) They might be very difficult.
(c) They might be rather appealing.
(d) They might be a waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does she address?
2. With what idea does Etty deal?
3. Why does Etty feel guilty about her life, compared to others?
4. Etty writes, "Ultimately, what matters most is to __________________."
5. Is Etty aware of the threat that the Germans pose?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does Etty begin to prepare? How might she feel about this exercise?
2. What leads to Etty going to Westerbork?
3. What has happened to Etty's faith? What does she think about this?
4. What does Etty say about suffering?
5. What has happened to Etty's motivations? How does she support this?
6. On who does Etty rely? How does this affect her emotions?
7. What does Etty believe one should do to handle the increasingly difficult situation?
8. What does Etty admit to her friend Ru? How is this significant?
9. What happens to Etty after Spier's death?
10. What is known about Etty's faith at this time?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)