|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Etty admits that she is more the kind of person who wears her heart where?
(a) On her sleeve.
(b) In her chest.
(c) In her head.
(d) On her coat.
2. Etty admits that she is guilty of what?
3. What serves as a symbol of her materialism?
(a) Etty's diary.
(b) Etty's clothing.
(c) Etty's home.
(d) Etty's eating problem.
4. By September of 1941, it becomes clear from her diary entries that Etty Hillesum has begun to change _________________.
(a) Significantly and radically.
(b) Quite a bit.
(c) Very little.
5. Spier's insights psychology came as the result of his own work with whom?
(a) Erich Fromm.
(b) Harry Stack Sullivan.
(c) Carl Gustav Jung.
(d) Jacques Lacan.
Short Answer Questions
1. As part of her therapy, Etty and Spier engage in what?
2. Does the widower's age concern Etty?
3. What eventually leads Hillesum down the path of physical isolation and often results in illness of one sort or another?
4. Etty admits certain weaknesses, mostly having to do with what?
5. This person was the founder of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Etty begin this diary?
2. What becomes more of a presence? How does this affect Etty?
3. How is Etty's eating disorder symbolic?
4. What does Etty say about the topic of hatred?
5. What does Etty reveal about Spier? How does Etty, at this point, feel about Spier?
6. Describe the men for whom Etty has feelings.
7. Of what does Etty admit she is guilty? How does this then lead to a spiritual discussion?
8. Over what does Etty want to gain control? What does she resolve to do every day?
9. What is happening to the Jews by June of 1941?
10. How does Etty begin to change significantly and radically?
This section contains 1,372 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)