|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Much of the discomfort among those living in the house stemmed from what?
(a) People's hatred of the Jewish cook, Käthe.
(b) People's mistrust of the German cook, Käthe.
(c) People's mistrust of the Jewish cook, Käthe.
(d) People's hatred of the German cook, Käthe.
2. Etty admits that she is guilty of what?
3. In February of 1942, several professors and other acquaintances of Etty's are sent where as prisoners of the Nazis?
(a) To Belzec.
(b) To the Warsaw ghetto.
(c) To Veluwe.
(d) To Sachsenhausen.
4. It is at this point that Etty Hillesum identifies her loneliness as a deep well that can only be filled by ______________.
(b) The presence of God.
(d) Others Jews.
5. Does Etty have a strong relationship with her mother?
(a) Only early on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Putting everything on paper satisfied ________ of Etty's most innermost desires.
2. She begins each day full of resolve to become a better, more skilled _____________.
3. This greed reminds Etty of who?
4. Who was Etty's favorite author?
5. Etty remarks that her lovers have all felt like what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Etty say about the topic of hatred?
2. Of what does Etty admit she is guilty? How does this then lead to a spiritual discussion?
3. How does Etty's faith continue to grow?
4. What is Etty's opinion of marriage for herself? Why might she feel this way?
5. How does Etty feel about men? How does she explain this?
6. What becomes more of a presence? How does this affect Etty?
7. By April 2, 1942, how does Etty feel about Spier?
8. How does Etty's feelings towards her family begin to change?
9. What foreshadowing of Etty's future occurs? How does it seem she is preparing herself for this future?
10. What does Etty do to become closer to God?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)