|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters from Westerbork (Pages 235 - 365).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mischa's application for transfer to Barneveld?
(a) It has been accepted.
(b) It has been denied.
(c) It has been forgotten.
(d) It has been lost.
2. The camp is severely over-crowded and all of the housing units look the same. So, is there any evidence of varying life?
(b) No, none.
(c) Only much later.
(d) Only at first.
3. Etty becomes acutely aware of the individual's responsibility to engage in rigorous _________________.
(c) Mental purging.
4. Etty returns to a sincere desire to pay more attention to her inner life as a way of bringing about what?
(c) External change.
(d) Internal change.
5. Max ("Osias") Kormann was what to Ettay?
(a) A brother in faith.
(b) A close friend.
(c) A priest.
(d) A lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. She begins each day full of resolve to become a better, more skilled _____________.
2. Who encouraged Julius Spier to go into a practice and take on clients?
3. Etty Hillesum had devoted herself to honing her craft. What was her craft?
4. Spier is a psychoanalyst who specializes in what?
5. Hillesum resigns herself to what fact?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)