|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters from Westerbork (Pages 235 - 365).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Esther ("Etty") Hillesum began writing a dairy in early __________ of 1941.
2. By September of 1941, it becomes clear from her diary entries that Etty Hillesum has begun to change _________________.
(a) Quite a bit.
(b) Significantly and radically.
(d) Very little.
3. The Bible verse which ends with, "And the greatest of these is ___________."
4. What does Etty do after Spier's death?
(a) She writes Spier a long letter.
(b) She writes his family a long letter.
(c) She tries to forget about him.
(d) She prays for him.
5. Why does Etty feel guilty about her life, compared to others?
(a) Others harbor much more fear in their hearts.
(b) She is much more prepared for her future than others.
(c) She has not given to others as much as she would like.
(d) Others are forced to make due with considerably less than her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before World War II arrived on her doorstep, Etty Hillesum's main concern was what?
2. These transports carry __________________ of Jews to extermination camps.
3. Etty continues to insist that life is what?
4. How long did Kormann and Etty's bond last?
5. Who encouraged Julius Spier to go into a practice and take on clients?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)