|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters from Westerbork (Pages 235 - 365).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Etty begins preparing herself for life where?
(a) In a very small cell.
(b) In Germany.
(c) In a small town.
(d) In her own apartment.
2. Hillesum first meets Julius Spier, who is sometimes simply referred to as __________ in the diary.
3. Etty discovers that the majority of these people are _____________________.
(a) Powerful and positive.
(b) Angry and confused.
(c) Confused and frightened.
(d) Bored and listless.
4. Etty's relationship with her father is somewhat __________.
5. Hillesum writes that on Sunday, June 14, 1941 the German government begins to round up and ____________ the Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the now-infamous extermination camp in Poland?
2. Etty realizes that it would be unfair as well as counterproductive to return the Germans' ____________ of her own.
3. Approximately one week later, Etty Hillesum volunteers to do what?
4. Etty remarks that her lovers have all felt like what?
5. Who was Etty's favorite author?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)