|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters from Westerbork (Pages 235 - 365).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Spier die?
(a) In April of 1942.
(b) In September of 1942.
(c) In January of 1942.
(d) In November of 1942.
2. What happens to Mischa's application for transfer to Barneveld?
(a) It has been accepted.
(b) It has been lost.
(c) It has been forgotten.
(d) It has been denied.
3. Does the widower's age concern Etty?
(c) Not usually.
4. Etty sits in a corner of a heath on the edge of the camp. She watches a young German soldier, one of the camp guards, picking a bouquet of purple lupines. At that same moment, three thousand Jews are being transported out of Westerbork, bound for the extermination camps. This is the first time Etty mentions what?
(c) Mass murder.
5. Etty experiences a problem with overeating, which she attributes to what greed?
(a) To consume life and to know everything.
(b) To feel full.
(c) To consume good food.
(d) To have everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Etty's favorite author?
2. Etty remains stalwart in what?
3. Why might the Jews of Deventer not be allowed to own certain types of property?
4. Before World War II arrived on her doorstep, Etty Hillesum's main concern was what?
5. Etty remarks that her lovers have all felt like what?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)