|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters from Westerbork (Pages 235 - 365).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Etty remains stalwart in what?
(a) Her refusal to give up Spier.
(b) Her refusal to take the blame for her guilt.
(c) Her refusal to take a negative view of life.
(d) Her refusal to place blame on the Germans.
2. Etty Hillesum was determined to grow ________________.
(b) Mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
(c) Emotionally and spiritually.
3. Etty describes in some detail what?
(a) Her mindset at this time.
(b) The time she spends outside the camp.
(c) The conditions under which she and the other imprisoned Jews live.
(d) Her beliefs about the Germans.
4. Etty's reliance is completely on who?
(a) Her mother.
5. She begins each day full of resolve to become a better, more skilled _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Etty engages herself in a discussion of the ________ as the predominant force in an individual's life.
2. Even before reaching Westerbork, Etty Hillesum's ___________ emerges as something independent and infinitely more powerful than her physical self.
3. Etty subsequently learns that Jews in Deventer are no longer allowed to own what?
4. Etty refuses to allow what to lapse?
5. Displaced from their homes and familiar neighborhoods, these camp citizens experience a feeling of overwhelm which often does what?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)