|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May 18, 1942 through October 12, 1942 (Pages 133 - 231).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Etty's favorite author?
(a) Catherine Aird.
(b) Rainer Maria Rilke.
(c) Tapani, Bagge.
(d) Langston Hughes.
2. Hillesum first meets Julius Spier, who is sometimes simply referred to as __________ in the diary.
3. This is the word used by the Germans to refer to the process by which large numbers of Jews were captured from their homes and off the streets and then put into ghettos or camps.
4. Etty becomes acutely aware of the individual's responsibility to engage in rigorous _________________.
(c) Mental purging.
5. By September of 1941, it becomes clear from her diary entries that Etty Hillesum has begun to change _________________.
(a) Quite a bit.
(b) Significantly and radically.
(d) Very little.
Short Answer Questions
1. Etty reaches a place of being unwilling to put up what?
2. Does Etty accept her own feeling of bearing a burden?
3. Hillesum resigns herself to what fact?
4. Etty prefers to "be there for everyone" rather than do what?
5. Etty declares, "Death is _________________."
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)