|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May 18, 1942 through October 12, 1942 (Pages 133 - 231).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually leads Hillesum down the path of physical isolation and often results in illness of one sort or another?
(a) Following the directions of the Germans.
(b) Only caring about her own needs.
(c) Not getting enough sleep or food.
(d) The experience of suppressing her personal needs.
2. Before World War II arrived on her doorstep, Etty Hillesum's main concern was what?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her internal life.
(d) Her external life.
3. Etty's faith in God has grown exponentially. Is this off-putting to her?
(a) Yes, but only later.
(b) Yes, somewhat at first.
(d) Yes, very.
4. Etty Hillesum was determined to grow ________________.
(a) Mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
(d) Emotionally and spiritually.
5. Etty later grasps the magnitude of her choice not to do what?
(a) Go into hiding or attempt to "save" herself in any way.
(b) Move out of the house.
(c) Admit she is a Jew.
(d) Save her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Etty do after Spier's death?
2. Etty acknowledges _____________ that is inherent in all human beings.
3. Etty's relationship with her father is somewhat __________.
4. What else does Etty come to love?
5. Etty admits that she is more the kind of person who wears her heart where?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)