|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May 18, 1942 through October 12, 1942 (Pages 133 - 231).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Etty discloses that what life is more important?
(a) Her external life.
(b) Her love life.
(c) Her internal life.
(d) Her personal life.
2. By September of 1941, it becomes clear from her diary entries that Etty Hillesum has begun to change _________________.
(b) Very little.
(c) Significantly and radically.
(d) Quite a bit.
3. Etty reminds herself to channel her urges into what?
(a) Her teaching.
(b) Protecting her family.
(c) Saving her own life.
(d) Some more far-reaching acts in service to the community of mankind.
4. Even before reaching Westerbork, Etty Hillesum's ___________ emerges as something independent and infinitely more powerful than her physical self.
5. Etty remains stalwart in what?
(a) Her refusal to place blame on the Germans.
(b) Her refusal to take the blame for her guilt.
(c) Her refusal to take a negative view of life.
(d) Her refusal to give up Spier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes Etty Hillesum's main focus?
2. Given Etty's propensity toward the ascetic life, what might she think of all the mental exercises in which she participates?
3. Approximately one week later, Etty Hillesum volunteers to do what?
4. Etty knows that it is simply a matter of time before what happens to her?
5. Etty subsequently learns that Jews in Deventer are no longer allowed to own what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)