|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May 18, 1942 through October 12, 1942 (Pages 133 - 231).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Etty declares, "Death is _________________."
(a) A scary concept.
(b) A gentle slipping away.
(d) Soon to come.
2. Etty admits not being interested in what?
3. Etty's faith in God has grown exponentially. Is this off-putting to her?
(a) Yes, but only later.
(b) Yes, somewhat at first.
(d) Yes, very.
4. Etty admits certain weaknesses, mostly having to do with what?
(a) Her fear.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her appetites.
(d) Her looks.
5. What else does she address?
(a) The utility of personal and communal participation in loving without preconception.
(b) The utility of personal and communal participation in suffering without preconception.
(c) The utility of personal and communal participation in having hope without preconception.
(d) The utility of personal and communal participation in having faith without preconception.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Etty at the time Spier dies?
2. When does Spier die?
3. Spier's insights psychology came as the result of his own work with whom?
4. By September of 1941, it becomes clear from her diary entries that Etty Hillesum has begun to change _________________.
5. Etty obliges herself to the preservation and dissemination of what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)