|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May 18, 1942 through October 12, 1942 (Pages 133 - 231).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Etty reminds herself to channel her urges into what?
(a) Some more far-reaching acts in service to the community of mankind.
(b) Protecting her family.
(c) Her teaching.
(d) Saving her own life.
2. Etty is cognizant of her _________________ as a Jew.
3. It is at this point that Etty Hillesum identifies her loneliness as a deep well that can only be filled by ______________.
(a) Others Jews.
(d) The presence of God.
4. Etty no longer concerns herself with the need to appear how?
(d) Strong on the outside.
5. Etty was a twenty-seven-year-old single woman living where, making her way in the city?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of Spier's death, why is Etty not at Westerbork?
2. This act of verbalizing to another person is what for Etty?
3. When does Spier die?
4. Why might the Jews of Deventer not be allowed to own certain types of property?
5. Etty later grasps the magnitude of her choice not to do what?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)