|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May 18, 1942 through October 12, 1942 (Pages 133 - 231).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before World War II arrived on her doorstep, Etty Hillesum's main concern was what?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her external life.
(c) Her looks.
(d) Her internal life.
2. Etty begins preparing herself for life where?
(a) In Germany.
(b) In a very small cell.
(c) In her own apartment.
(d) In a small town.
3. Who was Etty's favorite author?
(a) Rainer Maria Rilke.
(b) Catherine Aird.
(c) Langston Hughes.
(d) Tapani, Bagge.
4. Is Etty aware of the threat that the Germans pose?
(a) Yes, somewhat aware.
(b) No, not at all aware.
(c) Yes, mostly aware.
(d) Yes, well aware.
5. After Spier's death, Etty's level of empathy does what?
(d) Stays the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. Spier's insights psychology came as the result of his own work with whom?
2. Etty acknowledges _____________ that is inherent in all human beings.
3. This act of verbalizing to another person is what for Etty?
4. Spier is a psychoanalyst who specializes in what?
5. Where does Etty live?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)