|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May 18, 1942 through October 12, 1942 (Pages 133 - 231).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Etty refuses to allow what to lapse?
(a) Her faith in God.
(b) Her passport.
(c) Her love for Spier.
(d) Her driver's license.
2. Etty writes, "Ultimately, what matters most is to __________________."
(a) Have faith in life.
(b) Be content with what you have.
(c) Pray for salvation.
(d) Bear the pain to cope with (what is going on around her).
3. Etty feels guilt about living how?
(a) In the city.
(b) So abundantly.
(c) As a sinner.
(d) As a Christian.
4. Etty declares, "Death is _________________."
(a) A gentle slipping away.
(b) A scary concept.
(c) Soon to come.
5. Is Etty aware of the threat that the Germans pose?
(a) Yes, somewhat aware.
(b) No, not at all aware.
(c) Yes, mostly aware.
(d) Yes, well aware.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Etty feel it is necessary to purge her personality of everything possible which does not support her new way of being in the world?
2. Given Etty's propensity toward the ascetic life, what might she think of all the mental exercises in which she participates?
3. With what idea does Etty deal?
4. What else does Etty come to love?
5. Etty obliges herself to the preservation and dissemination of what?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)