|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 9, 1941 through April 30, 1942 (Pages 3 - 133).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each day, Etty's writings speak of her need to gain control over ______________.
(c) The Germans.
(d) Other Jews.
2. What is this exercise intended to do?
(a) Relieve her stress and aggression.
(b) Relieve fear and stress.
(c) Learn what mental illness she has.
(d) Relieve fear.
3. Etty remarks that her lovers have all felt like what?
4. Etty decides to work her way through her negative feelings in hopes of what?
(a) Coming to a place of acceptance and forgiveness.
(b) Being forgiven by her family.
(c) Feeling confident without her family's love.
(d) Finding a new family.
5. Does Etty have a strong relationship with her mother?
(a) Only early on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What moment became the most important moment?
2. Etty admits not being interested in what?
3. Hillesum first meets Julius Spier, who is sometimes simply referred to as __________ in the diary.
4. What becomes Etty Hillesum's main focus?
5. Aside from being solely therapeutic, what does this exercise awaken in Etty?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)