|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 9, 1941 through April 30, 1942 (Pages 3 - 133).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. More than once, Etty Hillesum admits doing what?
(a) Feeling hatred.
(b) Ignoring her own needs in favor of meeting the needs of others.
(c) Ignoring all needs and meditating.
(d) Ignoring the needs of others in favor of her own needs.
2. Etty's day-to-day life centers around her work as what?
(a) A dance teacher.
(b) An art teacher.
(c) An English teacher.
(d) A Russian teacher.
3. It is at this point that Etty Hillesum identifies her loneliness as a deep well that can only be filled by ______________.
(a) The presence of God.
(d) Others Jews.
4. Etty admits certain weaknesses, mostly having to do with what?
(a) Her appetites.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her fear.
(d) Her looks.
5. Etty engages herself in a discussion of the ________ as the predominant force in an individual's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this exercise intended to do?
2. Etty becomes acutely aware of the individual's responsibility to engage in rigorous _________________.
3. Hillesum first meets Julius Spier, who is sometimes simply referred to as __________ in the diary.
4. Who encouraged Julius Spier to go into a practice and take on clients?
5. Etty's relationship with her father is somewhat __________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)