|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters from Westerbork (Pages 235 - 365).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many of these people living in the camp are extremely frail.
(a) The elderly.
(b) The women.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The children.
2. After Spier's death, Etty's level of empathy does what?
(d) Stays the same.
3. HIllesum decides that she would rather not do what?
(a) Move to a concentration camp.
(b) Marry Julius Spier.
(c) Be a Jew.
(d) Believe in God.
4. Etty is hyper-alert, hyper-conscious of what?
(a) What is taking place all around her.
(b) What is taking place in her heart.
(c) Her actions.
(d) The actions of the other Jews.
5. Given Etty's propensity toward the ascetic life, what might she think of all the mental exercises in which she participates?
(a) They might be rather appealing.
(b) They might be very difficult.
(c) They might be a nuisance.
(d) They might be a waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Etty have a strong relationship with her mother?
2. The camp is severely over-crowded and all of the housing units look the same. So, is there any evidence of varying life?
3. Who encouraged Julius Spier to go into a practice and take on clients?
4. Etty writes a letter to the sisters of whom?
5. People who are scheduled for transport are given what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)