|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters from Westerbork (Pages 235 - 365).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the people sleep in bunk beds stacked three-high?
(a) In the barracks.
(b) In the houses.
(c) In the huts.
(d) In the apartments.
2. Etty is cognizant of her _________________ as a Jew.
3. Who encouraged Julius Spier to go into a practice and take on clients?
4. Etty's motivations have become unambiguously ______________.
(a) Difficult to understand.
5. Etty later grasps the magnitude of her choice not to do what?
(a) Save her family.
(b) Move out of the house.
(c) Go into hiding or attempt to "save" herself in any way.
(d) Admit she is a Jew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Etty praises God when?
2. The transience of life is symbolized by what?
3. Etty sits in a corner of a heath on the edge of the camp. She watches a young German soldier, one of the camp guards, picking a bouquet of purple lupines. At that same moment, three thousand Jews are being transported out of Westerbork, bound for the extermination camps. This is the first time Etty mentions what?
4. Where does Etty live?
5. How large is Westerbork?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)