|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters from Westerbork (Pages 235 - 365).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the widower's age concern Etty?
(d) Not usually.
2. How do the letters themselves differ from Etty's diary entries?
(a) They primarily discuss her faith.
(b) They primarily address the desperation and immediacy of life in a concentration camp.
(c) They primarily represent her fear and depression.
(d) They primarily address her desire to be with others.
3. Hillesum writes that on Sunday, June 14, 1941 the German government begins to round up and ____________ the Jews.
4. Etty is hyper-alert, hyper-conscious of what?
(a) Her actions.
(b) The actions of the other Jews.
(c) What is taking place all around her.
(d) What is taking place in her heart.
5. What is this exercise intended to do?
(a) Relieve her stress and aggression.
(b) Relieve fear and stress.
(c) Relieve fear.
(d) Learn what mental illness she has.
Short Answer Questions
1. Etty comes to accept and value her role as what?
2. For whom does Etty continue to work?
3. HIllesum decides that she would rather not do what?
4. Etty's day-to-day life centers around her work as what?
5. Hillesum resigns herself to what fact?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)