|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters from Westerbork (Pages 235 - 365).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Esther ("Etty") Hillesum began writing a dairy in early __________ of 1941.
2. Etty refuses to buckle under what?
(a) Under the weight of many physical burdens.
(b) Under the weight of strong emotion.
(c) Under the pressure of doing what is right for others.
(d) Under the stress of living under German occupation.
3. Etty feels a certain amount of ___________ toward Spier.
4. These transports carry __________________ of Jews to extermination camps.
5. Etty realizes that it would be unfair as well as counterproductive to return the Germans' ____________ of her own.
(a) Hatred with hatred.
(b) Hatred with love.
(c) Love with hatred.
(d) Fear with love.
Short Answer Questions
1. By September of 1941, it becomes clear from her diary entries that Etty Hillesum has begun to change _________________.
2. Other barracks could give what impression?
3. The Bible verse which ends with, "And the greatest of these is ___________."
4. Hillesum first meets Julius Spier, who is sometimes simply referred to as __________ in the diary.
5. Etty finally returns to Westerbork when?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)