|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 9, 1941 through April 30, 1942 (Pages 3 - 133).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Etty feels a certain amount of ___________ toward Spier.
2. Spier is a psychoanalyst who specializes in what?
(d) Cognitive therapy.
3. Etty Hillesum was determined to grow ________________.
(b) Mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
(d) Emotionally and spiritually.
4. Etty Hillesum's diary begins on what day?
(a) Sunday, June 9, 1941.
(b) Sunday, April 9, 1941.
(c) Sunday, May 9, 1941.
(d) Sunday, March 9, 1941.
5. More than once, Etty Hillesum admits doing what?
(a) Ignoring her own needs in favor of meeting the needs of others.
(b) Ignoring the needs of others in favor of her own needs.
(c) Feeling hatred.
(d) Ignoring all needs and meditating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Early in her writings, Etty says that she finds Spier intriguing and she is impressed with what?
2. Even before reaching Westerbork, Etty Hillesum's ___________ emerges as something independent and infinitely more powerful than her physical self.
3. Etty Hillesum had devoted herself to honing her craft. What was her craft?
4. Etty admits that she is more the kind of person who wears her heart where?
5. By September of 1941, it becomes clear from her diary entries that Etty Hillesum has begun to change _________________.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)