|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 9, 1941 through April 30, 1942 (Pages 3 - 133).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Putting everything on paper satisfied ________ of Etty's most innermost desires.
2. Etty realizes that it would be unfair as well as counterproductive to return the Germans' ____________ of her own.
(a) Fear with love.
(b) Hatred with love.
(c) Love with hatred.
(d) Hatred with hatred.
3. Early in her writings, Etty says that she finds Spier intriguing and she is impressed with what?
(a) His looks.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His beliefs.
(d) His sensuality and power.
4. It is at this point that Etty Hillesum identifies her loneliness as a deep well that can only be filled by ______________.
(b) Others Jews.
(c) The presence of God.
5. Etty admits that she is guilty of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Etty acknowledges _____________ that is inherent in all human beings.
2. This is the word used by the Germans to refer to the process by which large numbers of Jews were captured from their homes and off the streets and then put into ghettos or camps.
3. Hillesum first meets Julius Spier, who is sometimes simply referred to as __________ in the diary.
4. Etty feels a certain amount of ___________ toward Spier.
5. What is this exercise intended to do?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)