|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 9, 1941 through April 30, 1942 (Pages 3 - 133).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is at this point that Etty Hillesum identifies her loneliness as a deep well that can only be filled by ______________.
(a) The presence of God.
(b) Others Jews.
2. Etty becomes acutely aware of the individual's responsibility to engage in rigorous _________________.
(d) Mental purging.
3. Spier is a psychoanalyst who specializes in what?
(c) Cognitive therapy.
4. Does the widower's age concern Etty?
(c) Not usually.
5. She begins each day full of resolve to become a better, more skilled _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even before reaching Westerbork, Etty Hillesum's ___________ emerges as something independent and infinitely more powerful than her physical self.
2. Each day, Etty's writings speak of her need to gain control over ______________.
3. Much of the discomfort among those living in the house stemmed from what?
4. Who encouraged Julius Spier to go into a practice and take on clients?
5. Etty admits not being interested in what?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)