|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May 18, 1942 through October 12, 1942 (Pages 133 - 231).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Etty engages herself in a discussion of the ________ as the predominant force in an individual's life.
2. When does Spier die?
(a) In September of 1942.
(b) In November of 1942.
(c) In January of 1942.
(d) In April of 1942.
3. Etty remarks that her lovers have all felt like what?
4. Etty's day-to-day life centers around her work as what?
(a) An English teacher.
(b) A dance teacher.
(c) A Russian teacher.
(d) An art teacher.
5. Approximately one month later, Etty Hillesum entreats herself to allow ___________ rather than the opposite.
(a) Herself to embrace life.
(b) Life to embrace her.
(c) God to give her a better life.
(d) Herself to pray for a better life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Each day, Etty's writings speak of her need to gain control over ______________.
2. This person was the founder of what?
3. Who encouraged Julius Spier to go into a practice and take on clients?
4. After Spier's death, Etty's level of empathy does what?
5. Etty finally has a glimpse of her place where?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)