|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May 18, 1942 through October 12, 1942 (Pages 133 - 231).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It serves humanity better to allow a persecutor to witness another's ________________________.
(a) "Fear and anxiety."
(b) "Strength and resilience."
(c) "Hatred and anger."
(d) "Sadness and utter defenselessness."
2. What eventually leads Hillesum down the path of physical isolation and often results in illness of one sort or another?
(a) Following the directions of the Germans.
(b) Only caring about her own needs.
(c) Not getting enough sleep or food.
(d) The experience of suppressing her personal needs.
3. As part of her therapy, Etty and Spier engage in what?
(a) A kind of wrestling.
(b) A kind of dancing.
(c) A kind of yelling.
(d) A kind of arguing.
4. Etty admits not being interested in what?
5. She begins each day full of resolve to become a better, more skilled _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Etty knows that it is simply a matter of time before what happens to her?
2. Etty refuses to buckle under what?
3. Hillesum resigns herself to what fact?
4. Etty continues to insist that life is what?
5. Etty admits that she is more the kind of person who wears her heart where?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)