|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May 18, 1942 through October 12, 1942 (Pages 133 - 231).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes Etty Hillesum's main focus?
(a) Saving the Jews.
(b) Her writing.
(d) Spiritual growth.
2. Each day, Etty's writings speak of her need to gain control over ______________.
(a) The Germans.
(d) Other Jews.
3. Approximately one week later, Etty Hillesum volunteers to do what?
(a) Be deported to Auschwitz.
(b) Be a teacher.
(c) Be sent to America.
(d) Be deported to Westerbork.
4. More than once, Etty Hillesum admits doing what?
(a) Feeling hatred.
(b) Ignoring the needs of others in favor of her own needs.
(c) Ignoring all needs and meditating.
(d) Ignoring her own needs in favor of meeting the needs of others.
5. Spier's insights psychology came as the result of his own work with whom?
(a) Jacques Lacan.
(b) Erich Fromm.
(c) Carl Gustav Jung.
(d) Harry Stack Sullivan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Etty aware of the threat that the Germans pose?
2. Esther ("Etty") Hillesum began writing a dairy in early __________ of 1941.
3. Does Etty accept her own feeling of bearing a burden?
4. Etty talks about the importance of living where?
5. Etty was a twenty-seven-year-old single woman living where, making her way in the city?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)