|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters from Westerbork (Pages 235 - 365).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Etty not allow her faith to lapse?
(a) At such times of anger.
(b) At such times of boredom and uselessness.
(c) At such times of happiness and contentedness.
(d) At such a time of terror and abject fear.
2. Etty writes, "Ultimately, what matters most is to __________________."
(a) Be content with what you have.
(b) Pray for salvation.
(c) Bear the pain to cope with (what is going on around her).
(d) Have faith in life.
3. Etty experiences a problem with overeating, which she attributes to what greed?
(a) To consume life and to know everything.
(b) To consume good food.
(c) To feel full.
(d) To have everything.
4. Putting everything on paper satisfied ________ of Etty's most innermost desires.
5. On what day do Etty's parents, Rebecca and Louis Hillesum, arrive at Westerbork?
(a) August 21, 1943.
(b) July 21, 1943.
(c) June 21, 1943.
(d) September 21, 1943.
Short Answer Questions
1. Etty discloses that what life is more important?
2. Where do the people sleep in bunk beds stacked three-high?
3. What moment became the most important moment?
4. Etty admits to being ________________ overwhelmed.
5. Hillesum resigns herself to what fact?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)