March 9, 1941 through April 30, 1942 (Pages 3 - 133)
1. Esther ("Etty") Hillesum began writing a dairy in early __________ of 1941.
2. Etty was a twenty-seven-year-old single woman living where, making her way in the city?
3. Before World War II arrived on her doorstep, Etty Hillesum's main concern was what?
(a) Her internal life.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her external life.
(d) Her looks.
4. Putting everything on paper satisfied ________ of Etty's most innermost desires.
5. Etty Hillesum was determined to grow ________________.
(c) Mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
(d) Emotionally and spiritually.
6. Etty Hillesum had devoted herself to honing her craft. What was her craft?
7. Who was Etty's favorite author?
(a) Catherine Aird.
(b) Rainer Maria Rilke.
(c) Tapani, Bagge.
(d) Langston Hughes.
8. Etty Hillesum's diary begins on what day?
(a) Sunday, March 9, 1941.
(b) Sunday, April 9, 1941.
(c) Sunday, June 9, 1941.
(d) Sunday, May 9, 1941.
9. Etty admits certain weaknesses, mostly having to do with what?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her appetites.
(c) Her fear.
(d) Her family.
This section contains 4,435 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)