|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Locke say allows us to see ourselves as free agents?
2. What question does sensitive knowledge answer for Locke?
(a) How do we know we are not dreaming?
(b) What is the color of an object?
(c) What is the right way to resolve a crime?
(d) How do I know I exist?
3. What does Locke say must be learned along with ideas?
(a) The words that refer to them.
(b) The consequences of them.
(c) The uses they can be put to.
(d) The morality of them.
4. How does Locke define simple ideas?
(a) They cannot be built upon.
(b) They cannot be presented in language.
(c) They cannot be broken down into parts.
(d) They can only be seen in behavior.
5. What kind of truth is concerned with the essences of things?
(a) Scientific truth.
(b) Verbal truth.
(c) Moral truth.
(d) Metaphysical truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do secondary qualities originate, according to Locke?
2. What does Locke say words refer to?
3. What does Locke say about this standard for whether an idea is innate?
4. How does Locke describe experience?
5. What example does Locke use for an idea that is innate?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)