|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Locke describe reflection?
(a) As the patterns sense experiences make.
(b) As the history of sense experiences.
(c) As the engine for language.
(d) As the mind's sensation of itself.
2. What does Locke say must be learned along with ideas?
(a) The consequences of them.
(b) The morality of them.
(c) The words that refer to them.
(d) The uses they can be put to.
3. What does Locke describe the mind as?
(a) A library.
(b) A battlefield.
(c) A cultural storehouse.
(d) A blank slate.
4. How would you characterize Locke's description of knowledge in his introduction?
5. What is the limit toward which our idea of number extends, according to Locke?
(d) Ultimate variety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Locke say knowledge exists?
2. What question does sensitive knowledge answer for Locke?
3. What does Locke say about sensations that an infant feels in utero?
4. What is the effect of a passive power?
5. What does Locke say is his purpose in "Essay Concerning Human Understanding"?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)