|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against the objection of some, Aslaksen is named what in Act II Scene 2?
2. Tom discusses in Act II Scene 2 the fact that Galileo was brought to his knees for teaching what?
3. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
4. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
5. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter filibuster Tom's speech in Act II Scene 2?
2. What argument do Hovstad and Peter have in Act II Scene 1?
3. Who is allowed to talk first in the meeting? What does he state?
4. What does Tom response when several in the crowd call him a revolutionist in Act II Scene 2?
5. What does Tom do with Peter's hat and coat in the end of Act II Scene 1?
6. Who suggests Tom be declared an enemy of the people? What is the crowd's reaction?
7. What solution to the problem does Peter supply in Act II Scene 1?
8. What does Tom tell Hovstad to do when he enters in Act II Scene 1? Why?
9. How and why does Peter enter the office in Act II Scene 1?
10. What is Billing doing in the beginning of Act II Scene 1? Who is he with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Mr. Kill in the narrative. How is Mr. Kill related to Tom? What is his position within the community?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the finances of both the paper and the baths. Do either or both rely on taxpayer money? What is the principle source of revenue of each?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Petra and Tom Stockmann. What similarities do they share? What differences?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)