|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
2. What word means the process or an instance of obstructing legislation by means of long speeches and other delaying tactics?
3. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
4. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
5. Who suggests that Tom be considered an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you were an attorney arguing to close the town spa, you would need evidence that the spa water is indeed contaminated. How would you obtain this evidence?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Mr. Kill in the narrative. How is Mr. Kill related to Tom? What is his position within the community?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the finances of both the paper and the baths. Do either or both rely on taxpayer money? What is the principle source of revenue of each?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)