|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against the objection of some, Aslaksen is named what in Act II Scene 2?
2. When Tom enters in Act II Scene 1, he tells Hovstad to do what?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Aslaksen refuses to print the report as a what?
4. In Act II Scene 2, Tom asks if he and his family can have passage where?
5. Only the town drunk and who vote against declaring Tom an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What solution to the problem does Peter supply in Act II Scene 1?
2. Where does Act II Scene 2 begin? Why is Horster a part of the assembly?
3. What conversation does Catherine have with Horster and Billing in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
4. What suggestion about Tom does Billing make in Act II Scene 1?
5. What conversation does Petra have with Peter in Act II Scene 2?
6. How does Peter filibuster Tom's speech in Act II Scene 2?
7. How does Tom describe to the crowd his objectives in bringing the springs to town in Act II Scene 2?
8. What does Tom response when several in the crowd call him a revolutionist in Act II Scene 2?
9. How does Hovstad respond to Petra's questioning in Act II Scene 1? What does Petra do?
10. How and why does Peter enter the office in Act II Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the life and career of Arthur Miller. What did Miller write about his decision to adapt Ibsen's "An Enemy of the People"?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Tom Stockmann as the protagonist of the play. What characteristics does Tom embody in the first scene?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the print media in the narrative. What is the playwright suggesting about our own society and culture?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)