|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1, to show Peter that his position is that of the people, Tom puts on what?
2. In Act II Scene 1, Aslaksen refuses to print the report as a what?
3. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
4. In Act II Scene 2, Tom tells the crowd that if he's not allowed to say his piece, he will go where?
5. When Tom returns in Act II Scene 1, he emphasizes again to Aslaksen that he does not want to be treated like what?
Essay Topic 1
If you were an attorney arguing to close the town spa, you would need evidence that the spa water is indeed contaminated. How would you obtain this evidence?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Mr. Kill in the narrative. How is Mr. Kill related to Tom? What is his position within the community?
Essay Topic 3
"An Enemy of the People" was very popular though it was written out of frustration with drama critics and the liberal press. Why? What did the public think of the play?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)