|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom tells the crowd that if he's not allowed to say his piece, he will go where?
2. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
3. What refers to someone radically new or innovative who stands for revolt?
4. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
5. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Newspapers today pride themselves on their willingness to print the truth. But do they always print the truth? Or do they sometimes bow to the same forces that pressured Hovstad to abandon publication of Dr. Stockmann's story?
Essay Topic 2
If you were an attorney arguing to close the town spa, you would need evidence that the spa water is indeed contaminated. How would you obtain this evidence?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Petra and Tom Stockmann. What similarities do they share? What differences?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)