Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom tells the crowd that if he's not allowed to say his piece, he will go where?
2. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
3. What refers to someone radically new or innovative who stands for revolt?
4. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
5. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the print media in the narrative. What is the playwright suggesting about our own society and culture?
Essay Topic 2
In "An Enemy of the People", the mayor attempts to keep the public from the information in the report to protect himself. In your own community, do you recall any instance in which a local government, business, factory, school district, newspaper, or another entity attempted to withhold vital information from the public?
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between Hovstad and Billing? Are they on equal footing? Are they both sincere about their politics?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)