|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
2. What does Hovstad call Tom during his speech in Act II Scene 2?
3. In Act II Scene 2, Tom asks if he and his family can have passage where?
4. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
5. When he enters in Act II Scene 1, Peter demands to see the report, promising to help with what?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the scene between Peter and Tom in Act I Scene 2, identifying the actions and objectives of each character. What does Peter want Tom to do? How does he go about getting his objective met?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the central subject of debate in the play. How is the pollution in the water described? How "fixable" is the issue?
Essay Topic 3
How does the term "free thinking" function in "An Enemy of the People"?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)