|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jesus crucified?
2. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
3. What is the setting of Act II Scene 2?
4. What refers to someone radically new or innovative who stands for revolt?
5. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad tells Billing to lower his voice because who is in earshot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine and discuss the career of Henrik Ibsen and the original production of "An Enemy of the People". What did Ibsen write the play in response to?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Petra and Tom Stockmann. What similarities do they share? What differences?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Ibsen (and Miller) include the character of Captain Horster? What role does Horster play in the narrative?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)