|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1, Peter points out to Aslaksen that the community will be what if the water system is dismantled and rebuilt?
2. Catherine asks Billing in Act II Scene 2 why he printed whose editorial instead of the report?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Peter angrily declares that the report is based on hatred of what?
4. Tom discusses in Act II Scene 2 the fact that Galileo was brought to his knees for teaching what?
5. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains that he had to hold a lecture since no one would rent him what?
Essay Topic 1
In "An Enemy of the People", the mayor attempts to keep the public from the information in the report to protect himself. In your own community, do you recall any instance in which a local government, business, factory, school district, newspaper, or another entity attempted to withhold vital information from the public?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Catherine in the narrative. How is the relationship between Catherine and Tom depicted? Are they happy?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Petra and Tom Stockmann. What similarities do they share? What differences?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)