Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom tells the crowd that if he's not allowed to say his piece, he will go where?
2. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
3. What refers to someone radically new or innovative who stands for revolt?
4. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
5. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the central subject of debate in the play. How is the pollution in the water described? How "fixable" is the issue?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Ibsen (and Miller) include the character of Captain Horster? What role does Horster play in the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Examine and discuss the career of Henrik Ibsen and the original production of "An Enemy of the People". What did Ibsen write the play in response to?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)