|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
2. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
3. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
4. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
5. How many pages is the report?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom allude to in Act I Scene 1 that implies the coming problems?
2. What does Tom tell Hovstad to do regarding the report in Act I Scene 1? What is the immediate reaction to the news?
3. Who stops by Tom's residence first in Act I Scene 2? Why?
4. What thematic question is posed regarding Tom and Peter in Act I Scene 1?
5. With whom did Peter have a discussion about the issue in Act I Scene 2? What was the conclusion?
6. In Act I Scene 2, what does Tom awaken to? What does he suspect of Peter?
7. What does Tom assert of Peter's views in Act I Scene 1?
8. What does Hovstad see the situation as in Act I Scene 2? What is his principle personal battle?
9. What does Peter suggest Tom do instead of releasing the report in Act I Scene 2? What is Tom's reaction?
10. What announcement does Tom make after reading his letter in Act I Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the relationship between Hovstad and Billing? Are they on equal footing? Are they both sincere about their politics?
Essay Topic 2
If you were an attorney arguing to close the town spa, you would need evidence that the spa water is indeed contaminated. How would you obtain this evidence?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Mr. Kill in the narrative. How is Mr. Kill related to Tom? What is his position within the community?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)