|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Billing tells Catherine that the meeting will prove to not be a place for what?
(b) Small talk.
(d) Scientific discussion.
2. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments to Aslaksen that Tom might prove to be what?
(a) The messiah.
(b) A wolf in sheeps clothing.
(c) Valuable to them.
3. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
(d) A patient.
4. Kirsten Springs Institute is what type of corporation?
5. What word means that kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom informs the crowd in Act II Scene 2 that the gathering was advertised as what instead of a meeting?
2. When Tom returns in Act II Scene 1, he emphasizes again to Aslaksen that he does not want to be treated like what?
3. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
4. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad tells Billing to lower his voice because who is in earshot?
5. Hovstad is suddenly torn in Act II Scene 1 and entertains the idea that perhaps Tom is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestion about Tom does Billing make in Act II Scene 1?
2. What conversation does Catherine have with Horster and Billing in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
3. Who suggests Tom be declared an enemy of the people? What is the crowd's reaction?
4. What does Petra bring to the office in Act II Scene 1? What does she remark about it?
5. What conversation does Petra have with Peter in Act II Scene 2?
6. How does Tom describe to the crowd his objectives in bringing the springs to town in Act II Scene 2?
7. How does Hovstad respond to Petra's questioning in Act II Scene 1? What does Petra do?
8. What does Billing say of Aslaksen in Act II Scene 1? What is Hovstad's reply?
9. What does Peter promise the town if the springs remain? What if they are taken away?
10. What does Tom do with Peter's hat and coat in the end of Act II Scene 1?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)