|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom asks if he and his family can have passage where?
2. Who suggests that Tom be considered an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Mr. Billing.
3. In Act II Scene 1, Hovstad corrects Peter's characterization of the contamination as what?
(a) A tall tale.
(b) A hallucination.
(c) A dream.
(d) A nightmare.
4. Who enters the newspaper office with a book that Hovstad asked to be translated for publication in the newspaper in Act II Scene 1?
5. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad tells Billing to lower his voice because who is in earshot?
(a) Petra Stockmann.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Tom Stockmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
2. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
3. Tom informs the crowd in Act II Scene 2 that the gathering was advertised as what instead of a meeting?
4. Against the objection of some, Aslaksen is named what in Act II Scene 2?
5. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom threaten when the crowd attempts to silence him in Act II Scene 2?
2. What argument do Hovstad and Peter have in Act II Scene 1?
3. Who is allowed to talk first in the meeting? What does he state?
4. What does Billing say of Aslaksen in Act II Scene 1? What is Hovstad's reply?
5. What does Tom tell Hovstad to do when he enters in Act II Scene 1? Why?
6. What suggestion about Tom does Billing make in Act II Scene 1?
7. Who does Tom congratulate in the beginning of his speech in Act II Scene 2? What is the response?
8. How does Tom describe to the crowd his objectives in bringing the springs to town in Act II Scene 2?
9. Who suggests Tom be declared an enemy of the people? What is the crowd's reaction?
10. How does Hovstad respond to Petra's questioning in Act II Scene 1? What does Petra do?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)