|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom claims that what is never right until it does right?
(a) The government.
(b) The minority.
(c) The majority.
(d) The public.
2. What word means to soften or tone down, as in one's beliefs?
3. What slang term used by Billings refers to someone who is cowardly or afraid?
4. In Act II Scene 2, Tom tells the crowd that if he's not allowed to say his piece, he will go where?
(a) To the University.
(b) To newspapers outside the city.
(c) To the United States.
(d) To the queen.
5. When he enters in Act II Scene 1, Peter demands to see the report, promising to help with what?
(a) The labor.
(b) The spelling.
(c) The distribution.
(d) The editing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Only the town drunk and who vote against declaring Tom an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
2. In Act II Scene 2, Peter makes a motion that Tom be prohibited from what?
3. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
4. Against the objection of some, Aslaksen is named what in Act II Scene 2?
5. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)