|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is allowed to speak first at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
2. In Act II Scene 2, Tom tells the crowd that if he's not allowed to say his piece, he will go where?
(a) To the United States.
(b) To the queen.
(c) To newspapers outside the city.
(d) To the University.
3. In Act II Scene 1, Billing finishes reading the report which he declares to be what?
4. What word means that kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense?
5. What refers to a person authorized to examine publications, theatrical presentations, films, letters, etc, in order to suppress in whole or part those considered obscene or politically unacceptable?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom informs the crowd in Act II Scene 2 that the gathering was advertised as what instead of a meeting?
2. What word means to soften or tone down, as in one's beliefs?
3. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
4. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
5. What word means the process or an instance of obstructing legislation by means of long speeches and other delaying tactics?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)