|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
2. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
(c) A patient.
3. In Act II Scene 1, Billing finishes reading the report which he declares to be what?
4. In Act II Scene 2, Tom tells the crowd that if he's not allowed to say his piece, he will go where?
(a) To the University.
(b) To newspapers outside the city.
(c) To the United States.
(d) To the queen.
5. When was Galileo born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom discusses in Act II Scene 2 the fact that Galileo was brought to his knees for teaching what?
2. In Act II Scene 2, Tom asks if he and his family can have passage where?
3. Who is the first person who enters as the captain is tidying up in Act II Scene 2?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Billing is exhilarated because he claims this could be the day what?
5. In Act II Scene 1, Aslaksen refuses to print the report as a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom response when several in the crowd call him a revolutionist in Act II Scene 2?
2. How does Peter filibuster Tom's speech in Act II Scene 2?
3. What suggestion about Tom does Billing make in Act II Scene 1?
4. What argument do Hovstad and Peter have in Act II Scene 1?
5. What conversation does Petra have with Peter in Act II Scene 2?
6. What solution to the problem does Peter supply in Act II Scene 1?
7. What does Petra bring to the office in Act II Scene 1? What does she remark about it?
8. Who suggests Tom be declared an enemy of the people? What is the crowd's reaction?
9. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, What do Hovstad and Aslaksen discuss about him?
10. What does Peter inform Aslaksen and the others in the office about taxation in Act II Scene 1? What is the response?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)