|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relative of Tom Stockmann's is exceptionally wealthy?
(d) Mr. Kill.
2. What word means the process or an instance of obstructing legislation by means of long speeches and other delaying tactics?
3. In Act II Scene 1 it is pointed out that Billing has applied for a job as what?
(c) Tax collector.
(d) Secretary of the Magistrate.
4. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
(a) Take on the mayor.
(b) Start a new town.
(c) Test the water again.
(d) Back a newspaper.
5. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was NOT to do what?
(a) Open a waterpark.
(b) Poison the town.
(c) Bring in tourists.
(d) Create a fishing hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in Act II Scene 1 wants the article limited to the current matter and is not in favor of going after the entire city administration?
2. What word means that kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense?
3. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
4. Catherine enters after Tom in Act II Scene 1 and demands that he do what?
5. In his speech in Act II Scene 2, Tom congratulates Hovstad for his what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who suggests Tom be declared an enemy of the people? What is the crowd's reaction?
2. What does Tom do with Peter's hat and coat in the end of Act II Scene 1?
3. How does Tom describe to the crowd his objectives in bringing the springs to town in Act II Scene 2?
4. What conversation does Catherine have with Horster and Billing in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
5. What does Peter promise the town if the springs remain? What if they are taken away?
6. How does Hovstad respond to Petra's questioning in Act II Scene 1? What does Petra do?
7. Where does Act II Scene 2 begin? Why is Horster a part of the assembly?
8. What argument do Hovstad and Peter have in Act II Scene 1?
9. What does Tom tell Hovstad to do when he enters in Act II Scene 1? Why?
10. What does Tom threaten when the crowd attempts to silence him in Act II Scene 2?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)