|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
(a) The weakest.
(d) Always right.
2. In Act II Scene 1, Billing is exhilarated because he claims this could be the day what?
(a) Brothers battled.
(b) Truth was born.
(c) The town starts to die.
(d) Questions were answered.
3. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad tells Billing to lower his voice because who is in earshot?
(a) Petra Stockmann.
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
4. As Peter speaks in Act II Scene 2, a man in the crowd shouts that Tom should be what?
(b) Made the mayor.
(c) Run out of town.
5. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
(c) A patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. Only the town drunk and who vote against declaring Tom an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
2. In Act II Scene 2, Tom claims that what is never right until it does right?
3. Who suggests that Tom be considered an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
4. What refers to someone radically new or innovative who stands for revolt?
5. In Act II Scene 1, Billing finishes reading the report which he declares to be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the crowd complain about in the beginning of Tom's speaking in Act II Scene 2? How is this assuaged?
2. Who suggests Tom be declared an enemy of the people? What is the crowd's reaction?
3. What does Tom do with Peter's hat and coat in the end of Act II Scene 1?
4. What does Petra bring to the office in Act II Scene 1? What does she remark about it?
5. What conversation does Petra have with Peter in Act II Scene 2?
6. How does Hovstad respond to Petra's questioning in Act II Scene 1? What does Petra do?
7. What does Tom tell Hovstad to do when he enters in Act II Scene 1? Why?
8. What is Billing doing in the beginning of Act II Scene 1? Who is he with?
9. What does Peter inform Aslaksen and the others in the office about taxation in Act II Scene 1? What is the response?
10. What does Peter promise the town if the springs remain? What if they are taken away?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)