|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Peter makes a motion that Tom be prohibited from what?
(a) Standing watch.
(b) Taking the pledge.
(c) Reading the report.
2. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) The letter "I."
(b) The baton of command.
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) The needle of a compass.
3. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments to Aslaksen that Tom might prove to be what?
(b) A wolf in sheeps clothing.
(c) Valuable to them.
(d) The messiah.
4. In Act II Scene 2, Peter warns who that he could have them arrested for posting a large sign on the town hall?
(d) Captain Horster.
5. When Tom enters in Act II Scene 1, he tells Hovstad to do what?
(a) Print the report immediately.
(b) Give him back the report.
(c) Destroy the report.
(d) Edit some of the report.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slang term used by Billings refers to someone who is cowardly or afraid?
2. Who in Act II Scene 1 wants the article limited to the current matter and is not in favor of going after the entire city administration?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Hovstad corrects Peter's characterization of the contamination as what?
4. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was NOT to do what?
5. When Tom returns in Act II Scene 1, he emphasizes again to Aslaksen that he does not want to be treated like what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom describe to the crowd his objectives in bringing the springs to town in Act II Scene 2?
2. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, What do Hovstad and Aslaksen discuss about him?
3. What solution to the problem does Peter supply in Act II Scene 1?
4. Where does Act II Scene 2 begin? Why is Horster a part of the assembly?
5. Who is allowed to talk first in the meeting? What does he state?
6. What does the crowd complain about in the beginning of Tom's speaking in Act II Scene 2? How is this assuaged?
7. What conversation does Petra have with Peter in Act II Scene 2?
8. Who suggests Tom be declared an enemy of the people? What is the crowd's reaction?
9. What does Tom response when several in the crowd call him a revolutionist in Act II Scene 2?
10. What does Peter inform Aslaksen and the others in the office about taxation in Act II Scene 1? What is the response?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)