|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Billing tells Catherine that the meeting will prove to not be a place for what?
(a) Small talk.
(d) Scientific discussion.
2. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad tells Billing to lower his voice because who is in earshot?
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Petra Stockmann.
3. As Peter speaks in Act II Scene 2, a man in the crowd shouts that Tom should be what?
(a) Run out of town.
(c) Made the mayor.
4. When he enters in Act II Scene 1, Peter demands to see the report, promising to help with what?
(a) The spelling.
(b) The labor.
(c) The editing.
(d) The distribution.
5. What does Hovstad call Tom during his speech in Act II Scene 2?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A juvenile.
(d) An aristocrat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kirsten Springs Institute is what type of corporation?
2. In Act II Scene 1, Catherine lashes out at Hovstad for being what?
3. Peter claims in Act II Scene 2 that he only wants the town to understand that his brother's motive is to ridicule and destroy what?
4. How does Peter enter in Act II Scene 1?
5. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter inform Aslaksen and the others in the office about taxation in Act II Scene 1? What is the response?
2. What does Tom tell Hovstad to do when he enters in Act II Scene 1? Why?
3. What solution to the problem does Peter supply in Act II Scene 1?
4. What conversation does Catherine have with Horster and Billing in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
5. What argument do Hovstad and Peter have in Act II Scene 1?
6. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, What do Hovstad and Aslaksen discuss about him?
7. What does Peter promise the town if the springs remain? What if they are taken away?
8. What does Tom threaten when the crowd attempts to silence him in Act II Scene 2?
9. What does Tom do with Peter's hat and coat in the end of Act II Scene 1?
10. How does Peter filibuster Tom's speech in Act II Scene 2?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)