|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom tells the crowd that if he's not allowed to say his piece, he will go where?
(a) To the United States.
(b) To newspapers outside the city.
(c) To the queen.
(d) To the University.
2. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) His brother's cane.
(c) A sword.
3. What refers to someone radically new or innovative who stands for revolt?
4. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
(b) A patient.
5. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
(a) If they are violent.
(b) What they want.
(c) Why they don't come in.
(d) Who they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1, Billing is exhilarated because he claims this could be the day what?
2. Peter claims in Act II Scene 2 that he only wants the town to understand that his brother's motive is to ridicule and destroy what?
3. When was Galileo born?
4. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
5. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments to Aslaksen that Tom might prove to be what?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)