|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
2. Who enters the newspaper office with a book that Hovstad asked to be translated for publication in the newspaper in Act II Scene 1?
3. What refers to someone radically new or innovative who stands for revolt?
4. In Act II Scene 2, when Tom begins to speak some in the crowd complain that there is no what for the meeting?
5. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was to provide a way to do what?
(a) Increase revenue.
(b) Stockpile water.
(c) Cure the sick and dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a person authorized to examine publications, theatrical presentations, films, letters, etc, in order to suppress in whole or part those considered obscene or politically unacceptable?
2. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
3. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
4. Hovstad is suddenly torn in Act II Scene 1 and entertains the idea that perhaps Tom is what?
5. Kirsten Springs Institute is what type of corporation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter filibuster Tom's speech in Act II Scene 2?
2. Where does Act II Scene 2 begin? Why is Horster a part of the assembly?
3. What does the crowd complain about in the beginning of Tom's speaking in Act II Scene 2? How is this assuaged?
4. What does Tom do with Peter's hat and coat in the end of Act II Scene 1?
5. How does Hovstad respond to Petra's questioning in Act II Scene 1? What does Petra do?
6. What conversation does Catherine have with Horster and Billing in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
7. What does Tom threaten when the crowd attempts to silence him in Act II Scene 2?
8. What argument do Hovstad and Peter have in Act II Scene 1?
9. What does Billing say of Aslaksen in Act II Scene 1? What is Hovstad's reply?
10. What solution to the problem does Peter supply in Act II Scene 1?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)