|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Only the town drunk and who vote against declaring Tom an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Mr. Billing.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
2. What relative of Tom Stockmann's is exceptionally wealthy?
(a) Mr. Kill.
3. In Act II Scene 2, when Tom begins to speak some in the crowd complain that there is no what for the meeting?
4. When Tom enters in Act II Scene 1, he tells Hovstad to do what?
(a) Print the report immediately.
(b) Give him back the report.
(c) Destroy the report.
(d) Edit some of the report.
5. In Act II Scene 2, Billing tells Catherine that the meeting will prove to not be a place for what?
(b) Scientific discussion.
(d) Small talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Peter promises that if the springs are allowed to remain as they are, within how many years everyone in town will be wealthier, schools will be improved, the population will grow?
2. What does Hovstad call Tom during his speech in Act II Scene 2?
3. What refers to a government by the people or their elected representatives?
4. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments to Aslaksen that Tom might prove to be what?
5. In Act II Scene 1, Peter angrily declares that the report is based on hatred of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Tom congratulate in the beginning of his speech in Act II Scene 2? What is the response?
2. What does Tom tell Hovstad to do when he enters in Act II Scene 1? Why?
3. How does Peter filibuster Tom's speech in Act II Scene 2?
4. What does Peter promise the town if the springs remain? What if they are taken away?
5. How does Hovstad respond to Petra's questioning in Act II Scene 1? What does Petra do?
6. What does Billing say of Aslaksen in Act II Scene 1? What is Hovstad's reply?
7. What conversation does Petra have with Peter in Act II Scene 2?
8. What does Tom threaten when the crowd attempts to silence him in Act II Scene 2?
9. What does Peter inform Aslaksen and the others in the office about taxation in Act II Scene 1? What is the response?
10. Who suggests Tom be declared an enemy of the people? What is the crowd's reaction?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)