|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine enters after Tom in Act II Scene 1 and demands that he do what?
(a) Come home immediately.
(b) Talk to his brother.
(c) Go to work.
(d) Forget the report.
2. In Act II Scene 2, Peter promises that if the springs are allowed to remain as they are, within how many years everyone in town will be wealthier, schools will be improved, the population will grow?
3. Who enters the newspaper office with a book that Hovstad asked to be translated for publication in the newspaper in Act II Scene 1?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Peter points out to Aslaksen that the community will be what if the water system is dismantled and rebuilt?
5. In Act II Scene 2, Tom tells the crowd that if he's not allowed to say his piece, he will go where?
(a) To newspapers outside the city.
(b) To the queen.
(c) To the United States.
(d) To the University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Only the town drunk and who vote against declaring Tom an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
2. How does Peter enter in Act II Scene 1?
3. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was to provide a way to do what?
4. When Tom returns in Act II Scene 1, he emphasizes again to Aslaksen that he does not want to be treated like what?
5. Who is the first person who enters as the captain is tidying up in Act II Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Petra bring to the office in Act II Scene 1? What does she remark about it?
2. Who suggests Tom be declared an enemy of the people? What is the crowd's reaction?
3. How does Tom describe to the crowd his objectives in bringing the springs to town in Act II Scene 2?
4. What conversation does Petra have with Peter in Act II Scene 2?
5. What does the crowd complain about in the beginning of Tom's speaking in Act II Scene 2? How is this assuaged?
6. What suggestion about Tom does Billing make in Act II Scene 1?
7. What does Tom do with Peter's hat and coat in the end of Act II Scene 1?
8. Where does Act II Scene 2 begin? Why is Horster a part of the assembly?
9. What does Billing say of Aslaksen in Act II Scene 1? What is Hovstad's reply?
10. What solution to the problem does Peter supply in Act II Scene 1?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)