|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he enters in Act II Scene 1, Peter demands to see the report, promising to help with what?
(a) The editing.
(b) The labor.
(c) The distribution.
(d) The spelling.
2. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad tells Billing to lower his voice because who is in earshot?
(a) Petra Stockmann.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Tom Stockmann.
3. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was to provide a way to do what?
(a) Increase revenue.
(c) Cure the sick and dying.
(d) Stockpile water.
4. Catherine asks Billing in Act II Scene 2 why he printed whose editorial instead of the report?
(a) Captain Horster's.
(c) His own.
(d) Mr. Kill's.
5. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
(a) To talk softly.
(b) To not refer to the Institute by name.
(c) To talk for only ten minutes.
(d) To not offend anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
2. In his speech in Act II Scene 2, Tom congratulates Hovstad for his what?
3. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains that he had to hold a lecture since no one would rent him what?
4. What word means the process or an instance of obstructing legislation by means of long speeches and other delaying tactics?
5. Who suggests that Tom be considered an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)