|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a government by the people or their elected representatives?
2. In Act II Scene 1 it is pointed out that Billing has applied for a job as what?
(a) Secretary of the Magistrate.
(d) Tax collector.
3. Peter claims in Act II Scene 2 that he only wants the town to understand that his brother's motive is to ridicule and destroy what?
(a) People's lives.
(c) The town.
(d) The springs.
4. What refers to a person authorized to examine publications, theatrical presentations, films, letters, etc, in order to suppress in whole or part those considered obscene or politically unacceptable?
5. Against the objection of some, Aslaksen is named what in Act II Scene 2?
(b) A liar.
(d) A lunatic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person who enters as the captain is tidying up in Act II Scene 2?
2. In Act II Scene 1, Aslaksen refuses to print the report as a what?
3. In Act II Scene 2, Peter warns who that he could have them arrested for posting a large sign on the town hall?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Peter supplies the most "practical" solution, which is what?
5. When Tom enters in Act II Scene 1, he tells Hovstad to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom threaten when the crowd attempts to silence him in Act II Scene 2?
2. What does Tom tell Hovstad to do when he enters in Act II Scene 1? Why?
3. What solution to the problem does Peter supply in Act II Scene 1?
4. What conversation does Petra have with Peter in Act II Scene 2?
5. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, What do Hovstad and Aslaksen discuss about him?
6. How does Peter filibuster Tom's speech in Act II Scene 2?
7. What does Billing say of Aslaksen in Act II Scene 1? What is Hovstad's reply?
8. What argument do Hovstad and Peter have in Act II Scene 1?
9. How does Tom describe to the crowd his objectives in bringing the springs to town in Act II Scene 2?
10. What conversation does Catherine have with Horster and Billing in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)