|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
(a) The editorial office of the People's Daily Messenger.
(b) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(c) Captain Horster's house.
(d) Peter Stockman's residence.
2. In Act II Scene 1, Peter angrily declares that the report is based on hatred of what?
(c) The public.
(d) The environment.
3. Only the town drunk and who vote against declaring Tom an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Mr. Hovstad.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Captain Horster.
4. In Act II Scene 1 it is pointed out that Billing has applied for a job as what?
(a) Secretary of the Magistrate.
(c) Tax collector.
5. When Tom returns in Act II Scene 1, he emphasizes again to Aslaksen that he does not want to be treated like what?
(a) A woman.
(b) A king.
(c) A hero.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
2. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
3. When he enters in Act II Scene 1, Peter demands to see the report, promising to help with what?
4. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
5. When Tom enters in Act II Scene 1, he tells Hovstad to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the crowd complain about in the beginning of Tom's speaking in Act II Scene 2? How is this assuaged?
2. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, What do Hovstad and Aslaksen discuss about him?
3. What is Billing doing in the beginning of Act II Scene 1? Who is he with?
4. What does Billing say of Aslaksen in Act II Scene 1? What is Hovstad's reply?
5. How does Peter filibuster Tom's speech in Act II Scene 2?
6. What conversation does Petra have with Peter in Act II Scene 2?
7. What does Petra bring to the office in Act II Scene 1? What does she remark about it?
8. What solution to the problem does Peter supply in Act II Scene 1?
9. Where does Act II Scene 2 begin? Why is Horster a part of the assembly?
10. How does Hovstad respond to Petra's questioning in Act II Scene 1? What does Petra do?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)