|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a government by the people or their elected representatives?
2. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
(a) A patient.
3. What refers to a person authorized to examine publications, theatrical presentations, films, letters, etc, in order to suppress in whole or part those considered obscene or politically unacceptable?
4. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
(a) Always right.
(b) The weakest.
5. In Act II Scene 1, Billing is exhilarated because he claims this could be the day what?
(a) Brothers battled.
(b) The town starts to die.
(c) Truth was born.
(d) Questions were answered.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tom returns in Act II Scene 1, he emphasizes again to Aslaksen that he does not want to be treated like what?
2. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Catherine lashes out at Hovstad for being what?
4. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
5. In Act II Scene 2, when Tom begins to speak some in the crowd complain that there is no what for the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter promise the town if the springs remain? What if they are taken away?
2. What does Tom response when several in the crowd call him a revolutionist in Act II Scene 2?
3. How does Peter filibuster Tom's speech in Act II Scene 2?
4. What does Tom do with Peter's hat and coat in the end of Act II Scene 1?
5. What argument do Hovstad and Peter have in Act II Scene 1?
6. How and why does Peter enter the office in Act II Scene 1?
7. What does Peter inform Aslaksen and the others in the office about taxation in Act II Scene 1? What is the response?
8. Where does Act II Scene 2 begin? Why is Horster a part of the assembly?
9. How does Tom describe to the crowd his objectives in bringing the springs to town in Act II Scene 2?
10. What solution to the problem does Peter supply in Act II Scene 1?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)