|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Peter warns who that he could have them arrested for posting a large sign on the town hall?
(b) Captain Horster.
2. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
(a) To talk for only ten minutes.
(b) To not offend anyone.
(c) To not refer to the Institute by name.
(d) To talk softly.
3. Catherine enters after Tom in Act II Scene 1 and demands that he do what?
(a) Talk to his brother.
(b) Go to work.
(c) Come home immediately.
(d) Forget the report.
4. What refers to a government by the people or their elected representatives?
5. Tom informs the crowd in Act II Scene 2 that the gathering was advertised as what instead of a meeting?
(b) Public forum.
(d) Get together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relative of Tom Stockmann's is exceptionally wealthy?
2. Only the town drunk and who vote against declaring Tom an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
3. Kirsten Springs Institute is what type of corporation?
4. In his speech in Act II Scene 2, Tom congratulates Hovstad for his what?
5. What refers to a form of government in which god or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What argument do Hovstad and Peter have in Act II Scene 1?
2. What does Tom response when several in the crowd call him a revolutionist in Act II Scene 2?
3. How and why does Peter enter the office in Act II Scene 1?
4. What does Peter inform Aslaksen and the others in the office about taxation in Act II Scene 1? What is the response?
5. What is Billing doing in the beginning of Act II Scene 1? Who is he with?
6. Where does Act II Scene 2 begin? Why is Horster a part of the assembly?
7. What does Tom do with Peter's hat and coat in the end of Act II Scene 1?
8. What does Tom tell Hovstad to do when he enters in Act II Scene 1? Why?
9. What suggestion about Tom does Billing make in Act II Scene 1?
10. Who does Tom congratulate in the beginning of his speech in Act II Scene 2? What is the response?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)