|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Peter promises that if the springs are allowed to remain as they are, within how many years everyone in town will be wealthier, schools will be improved, the population will grow?
2. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
(a) Captain Horster's house.
(b) The editorial office of the People's Daily Messenger.
(c) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(d) Peter Stockman's residence.
3. Tom informs the crowd in Act II Scene 2 that the gathering was advertised as what instead of a meeting?
(b) Get together.
(d) Public forum.
4. In Act II Scene 1 it is pointed out that Billing has applied for a job as what?
(a) Tax collector.
(d) Secretary of the Magistrate.
5. In Act II Scene 2, Tom tells the crowd that if he's not allowed to say his piece, he will go where?
(a) To the University.
(b) To the United States.
(c) To newspapers outside the city.
(d) To the queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Peter warns who that he could have them arrested for posting a large sign on the town hall?
2. Who is allowed to speak first at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
3. What refers to a person authorized to examine publications, theatrical presentations, films, letters, etc, in order to suppress in whole or part those considered obscene or politically unacceptable?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Peter supplies the most "practical" solution, which is what?
5. When he enters in Act II Scene 1, Peter demands to see the report, promising to help with what?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)