|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
2. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
3. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Hundreds of thousands of crowns.
(b) Seventy thousand crowns.
(c) One million crowns.
(d) Five million crowns.
4. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Victor Mature.
(b) John Barrymore.
(c) Cary Grant.
(d) Fredric March.
5. Peter Stockmann is described as nearing what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
2. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad claims to have been what his entire life?
4. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
5. What does Peter say would plummet if the report were to be released in Act I Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom did Peter have a discussion about the issue in Act I Scene 2? What was the conclusion?
2. What does Hovstad see the situation as in Act I Scene 2? What is his principle personal battle?
3. What does Peter suggest Tom do instead of releasing the report in Act I Scene 2? What is Tom's reaction?
4. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, what must be done to correct the problem with the water? What does he do with the report?
5. What guests come in as Catherine's father is leaving in Act I Scene 1? What discussion do they have?
6. What children does Tom return with in Act I Scene 1? What does he remark about his children and how does this impact Peter?
7. How long had Tom suspected problems with the water? How did he come to his actions in Act I Scene 1?
8. What does Tom tell Hovstad to do regarding the report in Act I Scene 1? What is the immediate reaction to the news?
9. What conversation do Tom and Hovstad share over the society in Act I Scene 2?
10. What does Tom assert of Peter's views in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)