|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
(a) Karma Springs.
(b) Karney Springs.
(c) Kirsten Springs.
(d) Killroy Springs.
2. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Grow up someday.
(b) Stir up the future.
(c) Look after him when he's old.
(d) Reinvent the wheel.
3. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The schools.
(b) The bureaucrats.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) The church.
4. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
(a) Oil drilling.
(b) The tannery.
(c) A powerplant.
(d) A paper mill.
5. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
2. What occupant of the town is the commander of a ship which travels all over the world?
3. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
4. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
5. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long had Tom suspected problems with the water? How did he come to his actions in Act I Scene 1?
2. What is Peter's initial response to the report in Act I Scene 2?
3. What does Tom tell Hovstad to do regarding the report in Act I Scene 1? What is the immediate reaction to the news?
4. In Act I Scene 2, what does Tom awaken to? What does he suspect of Peter?
5. What does Peter tell Tom he is going to do with Kirsten Springs in Act I Scene 2? What is Tom's response?
6. What does Peter suggest Tom do instead of releasing the report in Act I Scene 2? What is Tom's reaction?
7. What thematic question is posed regarding Tom and Peter in Act I Scene 1?
8. With whom did Peter have a discussion about the issue in Act I Scene 2? What was the conclusion?
9. What does Tom allude to in Act I Scene 1 that implies the coming problems?
10. What does Tom assert of Peter's views in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)