|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
(b) Atomic Alley.
(c) Coal Point.
(d) Windmill Valley.
2. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
3. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Fine tune them.
(b) Critique them.
(c) Put them into action.
(d) Filter out the bad ideas.
4. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
(a) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(b) The Mayors office.
(c) The Kirsten Springs Institute.
(d) Kirten Springs.
5. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Morten and Ejlif.
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(c) Captain Horster.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
2. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
3. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
4. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
5. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Peter's initial response to the report in Act I Scene 2?
2. How long had Tom suspected problems with the water? How did he come to his actions in Act I Scene 1?
3. With whom did Peter have a discussion about the issue in Act I Scene 2? What was the conclusion?
4. What guests come in as Catherine's father is leaving in Act I Scene 1? What discussion do they have?
5. What does Tom assert of Peter's views in Act I Scene 1?
6. What does Hovstad see the situation as in Act I Scene 2? What is his principle personal battle?
7. What does Hovstad note about Aslaksen in Act I Scene 2? What does Hovstad intend to do when he departs?
8. What does Tom allude to in Act I Scene 1 that implies the coming problems?
9. In Act I Scene 2, what does Tom awaken to? What does he suspect of Peter?
10. What conversation do Tom and Hovstad share over the society in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)