|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Grow up someday.
(b) Look after him when he's old.
(c) Stir up the future.
(d) Reinvent the wheel.
2. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Morten Kill.
(d) Tom Stockmann.
3. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
(a) The family.
(b) The town.
(c) The Institute.
(d) The environment.
4. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
(c) Morten Kill.
(d) Captain Horster.
5. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
(a) Carlsbad Springs.
(b) Kirsten Springs.
(c) Merrimac Springs.
(d) Mammoth Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
2. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
3. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
4. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
5. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter say of his reputation in Act I Scene 2?
2. Who stops by Tom's residence first in Act I Scene 2? Why?
3. Who has arrived at the beginning of Act I Scene 1? Where is Tom Stockmann?
4. What does Tom allude to in Act I Scene 1 that implies the coming problems?
5. With whom did Peter have a discussion about the issue in Act I Scene 2? What was the conclusion?
6. In Act I Scene 2, what does Tom awaken to? What does he suspect of Peter?
7. What does Peter tell Tom he is going to do with Kirsten Springs in Act I Scene 2? What is Tom's response?
8. What conversation do Tom and Hovstad share over the society in Act I Scene 2?
9. What does Tom assert of Peter's views in Act I Scene 1?
10. What does Peter assert about the springs in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)