|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
(a) Killroy Springs.
(b) Kirsten Springs.
(c) Karney Springs.
(d) Karma Springs.
2. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
3. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Hovstad.
(b) Mr. Kill.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
4. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A childhood friend.
(b) The federal government.
(c) The local university lab.
(d) His neighbor.
5. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
2. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
3. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
4. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
5. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
Short Essay Questions
1. What children does Tom return with in Act I Scene 1? What does he remark about his children and how does this impact Peter?
2. Who stops by Tom's residence first in Act I Scene 2? Why?
3. With whom did Peter have a discussion about the issue in Act I Scene 2? What was the conclusion?
4. What does Peter tell Tom he is going to do with Kirsten Springs in Act I Scene 2? What is Tom's response?
5. What does Hovstad see the situation as in Act I Scene 2? What is his principle personal battle?
6. What argument do Peter and Catherine have in Act I Scene 1?
7. Discuss the truth in Act I Scene 2. How does the playwright establish "the truth" in the narrative?
8. How long had Tom suspected problems with the water? How did he come to his actions in Act I Scene 1?
9. What does Peter say of his reputation in Act I Scene 2?
10. What guests come in as Catherine's father is leaving in Act I Scene 1? What discussion do they have?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)