|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 12 years.
2. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A letter.
(c) A gift.
(d) A briefcase.
3. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
(a) The south.
(b) The west.
(c) The north.
(d) The east.
4. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
5. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
2. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
3. What aspect of a water system overhaul does Peter accuse Tom of overlooking in Act I Scene 2?
4. How old is Ejlif?
5. What does Peter say would plummet if the report were to be released in Act I Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, what must be done to correct the problem with the water? What does he do with the report?
2. What thematic question is posed regarding Tom and Peter in Act I Scene 1?
3. What children does Tom return with in Act I Scene 1? What does he remark about his children and how does this impact Peter?
4. What does Tom allude to in Act I Scene 1 that implies the coming problems?
5. What is Peter's initial response to the report in Act I Scene 2?
6. What argument do Peter and Catherine have in Act I Scene 1?
7. What does Peter suggest Tom do instead of releasing the report in Act I Scene 2? What is Tom's reaction?
8. What does Hovstad see the situation as in Act I Scene 2? What is his principle personal battle?
9. What guests come in as Catherine's father is leaving in Act I Scene 1? What discussion do they have?
10. What announcement does Tom make after reading his letter in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)