Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character in the play shares the most characteristics with Tom Stockmann?
2. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(b) Harmful bacteria.
(d) Infectious organic matter.
3. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
(a) Tom will never be mayor.
(b) Tom is discredited.
(c) Tom is fired from the Institute.
(d) Tom disappears.
4. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
5. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
(b) Coal Point.
(c) Windmill Valley.
(d) Atomic Alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
2. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
3. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
4. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
5. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is allowed to talk first in the meeting? What does he state?
2. What does Peter promise the town if the springs remain? What if they are taken away?
3. Who is Mr. Aslaksen and why does he come by in Act I Scene 2?
4. What does Peter tell Tom of his situation in Act III? How does Tom respond?
5. What does Peter tell Tom he is going to do with Kirsten Springs in Act I Scene 2? What is Tom's response?
6. What does Peter inform Aslaksen and the others in the office about taxation in Act II Scene 1? What is the response?
7. What does Tom assert of Peter's views in Act I Scene 1?
8. In Act I Scene 2, what does Tom awaken to? What does he suspect of Peter?
9. How does Tom describe to the crowd his objectives in bringing the springs to town in Act II Scene 2?
10. What does Mr. Kill tell Tom the people are really angry about in Act III?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)