|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Tom Stockmann.
(b) Petra Stockmann.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
2. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
4. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
5. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
2. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad claims to have been what his entire life?
3. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
4. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
5. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hovstad note about Aslaksen in Act I Scene 2? What does Hovstad intend to do when he departs?
2. What does Peter tell Tom he is going to do with Kirsten Springs in Act I Scene 2? What is Tom's response?
3. What children does Tom return with in Act I Scene 1? What does he remark about his children and how does this impact Peter?
4. How long had Tom suspected problems with the water? How did he come to his actions in Act I Scene 1?
5. Who has arrived at the beginning of Act I Scene 1? Where is Tom Stockmann?
6. What does Peter assert about the springs in Act I Scene 1?
7. Who is Mr. Aslaksen and why does he come by in Act I Scene 2?
8. In Act I Scene 2, what does Tom awaken to? What does he suspect of Peter?
9. What does Peter suggest Tom do instead of releasing the report in Act I Scene 2? What is Tom's reaction?
10. What announcement does Tom make after reading his letter in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)