|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Tom explains that there is no what but simply a scientific report?
(a) Published findings.
(b) Reason to panic.
(d) Conclusive evidence.
2. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
3. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
(a) The definition of corruption.
(b) How the world works.
(c) What a man is.
(d) What the truth is.
4. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
(a) Windmill Valley.
(c) Atomic Alley.
(d) Coal Point.
5. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
(a) A pig farm.
(b) The neighboring town.
(c) The tannery.
(d) A factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
2. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
3. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
4. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
5. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
Short Essay Questions
1. What announcement does Tom make after reading his letter in Act I Scene 1?
2. What does Peter assert about the springs in Act I Scene 1?
3. What conversation do Tom and Hovstad share over the society in Act I Scene 2?
4. Who is Mr. Aslaksen and why does he come by in Act I Scene 2?
5. What does Hovstad see the situation as in Act I Scene 2? What is his principle personal battle?
6. Who has arrived at the beginning of Act I Scene 1? Where is Tom Stockmann?
7. What is Peter's initial response to the report in Act I Scene 2?
8. What children does Tom return with in Act I Scene 1? What does he remark about his children and how does this impact Peter?
9. With whom did Peter have a discussion about the issue in Act I Scene 2? What was the conclusion?
10. What does Peter tell Tom he is going to do with Kirsten Springs in Act I Scene 2? What is Tom's response?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)