|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
(a) Cess pool.
(c) Pest hole.
(d) Death sentence.
2. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Morten Kill.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Captain Horster.
(d) Tom Stockmann.
3. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
(a) Coal Point.
(b) Windmill Valley.
(d) Atomic Alley.
4. What character in the play shares the most characteristics with Tom Stockmann?
5. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
2. How old is Ejlif?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad claims to have been what his entire life?
4. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
5. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the playwright conclude the play? What moral lesson is taught?
2. With whom did Peter have a discussion about the issue in Act I Scene 2? What was the conclusion?
3. What does Peter tell Tom of his situation in Act III? How does Tom respond?
4. What announcement does Tom make after reading his letter in Act I Scene 1?
5. What conversation does Petra have with Peter in Act II Scene 2?
6. What does Tom tell Hovstad to do when he enters in Act II Scene 1? Why?
7. What does Hovstad note about Aslaksen in Act I Scene 2? What does Hovstad intend to do when he departs?
8. What are Tom and Catherine doing in the beginning of Act III?
9. What does Tom do with Peter's hat and coat in the end of Act II Scene 1?
10. What does Mr. Kill believe to be the reason for Tom's actions? What does Tom ask Mr. Kill to do?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)