|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Look after him when he's old.
(b) Stir up the future.
(c) Grow up someday.
(d) Reinvent the wheel.
2. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Fine tune them.
(b) Put them into action.
(c) Filter out the bad ideas.
(d) Critique them.
3. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
(a) The west.
(b) The north.
(c) The south.
(d) The east.
4. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
5. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
(a) The tannery.
(b) A pig farm.
(c) A factory.
(d) The neighboring town.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
2. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
3. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
4. In Act I Scene 2, Peter accuses Tom of _______ the situation.
5. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, what must be done to correct the problem with the water? What does he do with the report?
2. What does Peter say of his reputation in Act I Scene 2?
3. What does Hovstad note about Aslaksen in Act I Scene 2? What does Hovstad intend to do when he departs?
4. How long had Tom suspected problems with the water? How did he come to his actions in Act I Scene 1?
5. What does Tom assert of Peter's views in Act I Scene 1?
6. Discuss the truth in Act I Scene 2. How does the playwright establish "the truth" in the narrative?
7. Who has arrived at the beginning of Act I Scene 1? Where is Tom Stockmann?
8. What does Peter tell Tom he is going to do with Kirsten Springs in Act I Scene 2? What is Tom's response?
9. What does Peter assert about the springs in Act I Scene 1?
10. What children does Tom return with in Act I Scene 1? What does he remark about his children and how does this impact Peter?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)