|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character in the play shares the most characteristics with Tom Stockmann?
2. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
3. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) The schools.
(c) The church.
(d) The bureaucrats.
4. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Mr. Kill.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
5. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
2. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
3. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
4. How old is Ejlif?
5. Who does Mr. Billing urge to stay for dinner in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter ask Tom to do in Act III?
2. What does Peter say of his reputation in Act I Scene 2?
3. What does Mr. Kill believe to be the reason for Tom's actions? What does Tom ask Mr. Kill to do?
4. In Act I Scene 2, what does Tom awaken to? What does he suspect of Peter?
5. Who is allowed to talk first in the meeting? What does he state?
6. What does Tom do with Peter's hat and coat in the end of Act II Scene 1?
7. How does Tom describe to the crowd his objectives in bringing the springs to town in Act II Scene 2?
8. Why did Mr. Kill buy the shares in Act III?
9. What is Peter's initial response to the report in Act I Scene 2?
10. What does Tom ask Captain Horster when he arrives in Act III? What is Horster's response?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)