|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Captain Horster.
(c) Petra and Morten.
(d) Catherine and Petra.
2. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. How old is Ejlif?
4. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
(a) The next day.
(b) He informs the city council.
(c) He talks to Peter.
(d) A second sample is tested.
5. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter Stockmann is described as nearing what age?
2. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
3. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
4. When Peter arrives in Act I Scene 2, he expresses disappointment that Tom did what behind his back?
5. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has arrived at the beginning of Act I Scene 1? Where is Tom Stockmann?
2. What does Hovstad note about Aslaksen in Act I Scene 2? What does Hovstad intend to do when he departs?
3. What children does Tom return with in Act I Scene 1? What does he remark about his children and how does this impact Peter?
4. What does Hovstad see the situation as in Act I Scene 2? What is his principle personal battle?
5. What argument do Peter and Catherine have in Act I Scene 1?
6. What does Peter suggest Tom do instead of releasing the report in Act I Scene 2? What is Tom's reaction?
7. What conversation do Tom and Hovstad share over the society in Act I Scene 2?
8. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, what must be done to correct the problem with the water? What does he do with the report?
9. Who is Mr. Aslaksen and why does he come by in Act I Scene 2?
10. What thematic question is posed regarding Tom and Peter in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)