|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
(b) His brother's cane.
(c) A sword.
(d) An umbrella.
2. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
(a) Start a new town.
(b) Take on the mayor.
(c) Back a newspaper.
(d) Test the water again.
3. Who in Act II Scene 1 wants the article limited to the current matter and is not in favor of going after the entire city administration?
(a) Mr. Billing.
(b) Mr. Hovstad.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Captain Horster.
4. Hovstad is suddenly torn in Act II Scene 1 and entertains the idea that perhaps Tom is what?
(a) An egomaniac.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A liar.
5. In Act II Scene 1, to show Peter that his position is that of the people, Tom puts on what?
(a) Peter's hat.
(b) His coat.
(c) His hat.
(d) Peter's coat.
6. Against the objection of some, Aslaksen is named what in Act II Scene 2?
(b) A lunatic.
(c) A liar.
7. In Act II Scene 1, Hovstad corrects Peter's characterization of the contamination as what?
(a) A dream.
(b) A hallucination.
(c) A tall tale.
(d) A nightmare.
8. When he enters in Act II Scene 1, Peter demands to see the report, promising to help with what?
(a) The editing.
(b) The spelling.
(c) The labor.
(d) The distribution.
9. In Act II Scene 2, Billing tells Catherine that the meeting will prove to not be a place for what?
(a) Small talk.
(d) Scientific discussion.
10. How does Peter enter in Act II Scene 1?
(a) Through the back door.
(b) Through the front door.
(c) From the basement.
(d) From the attic.
11. Peter claims in Act II Scene 2 that he only wants the town to understand that his brother's motive is to ridicule and destroy what?
(b) The town.
(c) People's lives.
(d) The springs.
12. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
(b) Always right.
(c) The weakest.
13. What relative of Tom Stockmann's is exceptionally wealthy?
(c) Mr. Kill.
14. Catherine enters after Tom in Act II Scene 1 and demands that he do what?
(a) Forget the report.
(b) Go to work.
(c) Talk to his brother.
(d) Come home immediately.
15. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Peter speaks in Act II Scene 2, a man in the crowd shouts that Tom should be what?
2. In Act II Scene 2, when Tom begins to speak some in the crowd complain that there is no what for the meeting?
3. When Tom returns in Act II Scene 1, he emphasizes again to Aslaksen that he does not want to be treated like what?
4. In Act II Scene 1 it is pointed out that Billing has applied for a job as what?
5. What refers to a form of government in which god or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)