|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom asks if he and his family can have passage where?
2. What relative of Tom Stockmann's is exceptionally wealthy?
(b) Mr. Kill.
3. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
(a) The weakest.
(c) Always right.
4. In Act II Scene 2, Tom tells the crowd that if he's not allowed to say his piece, he will go where?
(a) To the University.
(b) To the United States.
(c) To the queen.
(d) To newspapers outside the city.
5. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was to provide a way to do what?
(a) Cure the sick and dying.
(c) Increase revenue.
(d) Stockpile water.
6. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) The baton of command.
(b) The letter "I."
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) The needle of a compass.
7. In Act II Scene 1, Peter supplies the most "practical" solution, which is what?
(a) Accuse Tom of lying.
(b) Tax the townspeople.
(c) To ignore the report.
(d) The water is corrected gradually.
8. What word means that kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense?
9. What does Peter absentmindedly forget at the office when he leaves in Act II Scene 1?
(a) His hat and cane.
(b) His coat.
(c) Some documents.
(d) A watch.
10. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
(a) Who they are.
(b) If they are violent.
(c) What they want.
(d) Why they don't come in.
11. When was Galileo born?
12. As Peter speaks in Act II Scene 2, a man in the crowd shouts that Tom should be what?
(a) Run out of town.
(c) Made the mayor.
13. In Act II Scene 2, Billing tells Catherine that the meeting will prove to not be a place for what?
(c) Scientific discussion.
(d) Small talk.
14. What refers to a person authorized to examine publications, theatrical presentations, films, letters, etc, in order to suppress in whole or part those considered obscene or politically unacceptable?
15. In Act II Scene 2, Peter warns who that he could have them arrested for posting a large sign on the town hall?
(d) Captain Horster.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom claims that what is never right until it does right?
2. What slang term used by Billings refers to someone who is cowardly or afraid?
3. Tom discusses in Act II Scene 2 the fact that Galileo was brought to his knees for teaching what?
4. Where was Jesus crucified?
5. What word means thoroughgoing or extreme, especially as regards change from accepted or traditional forms?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)