|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kirsten Springs Institute is what type of corporation?
2. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains that he had to hold a lecture since no one would rent him what?
(a) A hall.
(b) A stage.
(c) A park.
(d) A church.
3. In Act II Scene 1 it is pointed out that Billing has applied for a job as what?
(b) Secretary of the Magistrate.
(c) Tax collector.
4. What does Peter absentmindedly forget at the office when he leaves in Act II Scene 1?
(a) His hat and cane.
(b) A watch.
(c) Some documents.
(d) His coat.
5. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
(a) Start a new town.
(b) Take on the mayor.
(c) Back a newspaper.
(d) Test the water again.
6. In Act II Scene 2, Tom tells the crowd that if he's not allowed to say his piece, he will go where?
(a) To the United States.
(b) To newspapers outside the city.
(c) To the University.
(d) To the queen.
7. In Act II Scene 1, Billing finishes reading the report which he declares to be what?
8. In Act II Scene 1, Catherine lashes out at Hovstad for being what?
(a) A conservative.
(b) A fraud.
(d) A liberal.
9. In Act II Scene 1, Peter angrily declares that the report is based on hatred of what?
(a) The public.
(d) The environment.
10. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
11. What refers to a form of government in which god or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler?
12. Against the objection of some, Aslaksen is named what in Act II Scene 2?
(a) A lunatic.
(d) A liar.
13. Tom informs the crowd in Act II Scene 2 that the gathering was advertised as what instead of a meeting?
(b) Public forum.
(d) Get together.
14. In Act II Scene 2, Billing tells Catherine that the meeting will prove to not be a place for what?
(a) Small talk.
(b) Scientific discussion.
15. What does Hovstad call Tom during his speech in Act II Scene 2?
(a) A murderer.
(b) An aristocrat.
(c) A juvenile.
(d) A traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means that kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense?
2. In Act II Scene 2, when Tom begins to speak some in the crowd complain that there is no what for the meeting?
3. What refers to someone radically new or innovative who stands for revolt?
4. Who is allowed to speak first at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
5. In Act II Scene 1, Billing is exhilarated because he claims this could be the day what?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)