|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Jesus crucified?
2. In Act II Scene 2, Tom asks if he and his family can have passage where?
3. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
(c) Catherine Stockmann.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
4. In Act II Scene 2, Tom tells the crowd that if he's not allowed to say his piece, he will go where?
(a) To the United States.
(b) To newspapers outside the city.
(c) To the University.
(d) To the queen.
5. In Act II Scene 2, Peter warns who that he could have them arrested for posting a large sign on the town hall?
(c) Captain Horster.
6. In his speech in Act II Scene 2, Tom states that in the past Hovstad had fought for what?
(a) Free speech.
(b) Women's rights.
(d) Religious rights.
7. What relative of Tom Stockmann's is exceptionally wealthy?
(a) Mr. Kill.
8. What word means that kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense?
9. Hovstad is suddenly torn in Act II Scene 1 and entertains the idea that perhaps Tom is what?
(a) A liar.
(b) A traitor.
(d) An egomaniac.
10. What does Peter absentmindedly forget at the office when he leaves in Act II Scene 1?
(a) Some documents.
(b) A watch.
(c) His hat and cane.
(d) His coat.
11. When he enters in Act II Scene 1, Peter demands to see the report, promising to help with what?
(a) The labor.
(b) The editing.
(c) The spelling.
(d) The distribution.
12. Peter claims in Act II Scene 2 that he only wants the town to understand that his brother's motive is to ridicule and destroy what?
(a) The springs.
(b) The town.
(c) People's lives.
13. Tom informs the crowd in Act II Scene 2 that the gathering was advertised as what instead of a meeting?
(b) Get together.
(d) Public forum.
14. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
(a) Why they don't come in.
(b) If they are violent.
(c) Who they are.
(d) What they want.
15. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
(a) Publish his own paper.
(b) Tell everybody at church.
(c) Yell from the steps of the Mayor's office.
(d) March through town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Only the town drunk and who vote against declaring Tom an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
2. What refers to a form of government in which god or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Peter angrily declares that the report is based on hatred of what?
4. Who enters the newspaper office with a book that Hovstad asked to be translated for publication in the newspaper in Act II Scene 1?
5. In Act II Scene 2, Peter promises that if the springs are allowed to remain as they are, within how many years everyone in town will be wealthier, schools will be improved, the population will grow?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)