|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means the process or an instance of obstructing legislation by means of long speeches and other delaying tactics?
2. In Act II Scene 1, Peter supplies the most "practical" solution, which is what?
(a) Tax the townspeople.
(b) To ignore the report.
(c) The water is corrected gradually.
(d) Accuse Tom of lying.
3. In Act II Scene 1 it is pointed out that Billing has applied for a job as what?
(b) Secretary of the Magistrate.
(d) Tax collector.
4. What relative of Tom Stockmann's is exceptionally wealthy?
(d) Mr. Kill.
5. In Act II Scene 2, Peter promises that if the springs are allowed to remain as they are, within how many years everyone in town will be wealthier, schools will be improved, the population will grow?
6. What word means to soften or tone down, as in one's beliefs?
7. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was NOT to do what?
(a) Open a waterpark.
(b) Create a fishing hole.
(c) Poison the town.
(d) Bring in tourists.
8. In Act II Scene 1, Aslaksen refuses to print the report as a what?
(a) Scientific conclusion.
(c) Special edition.
9. When Tom enters in Act II Scene 1, he tells Hovstad to do what?
(a) Destroy the report.
(b) Give him back the report.
(c) Print the report immediately.
(d) Edit some of the report.
10. What refers to a form of government in which god or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler?
11. Where was Jesus crucified?
12. Who suggests that Tom be considered an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Hovstad.
(b) Mr. Billing.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Captain Horster.
13. Who is the first person who enters as the captain is tidying up in Act II Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Billings.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
14. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
(a) Always right.
(b) The weakest.
15. Tom informs the crowd in Act II Scene 2 that the gathering was advertised as what instead of a meeting?
(b) Get together.
(c) Public forum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
2. What does Peter absentmindedly forget at the office when he leaves in Act II Scene 1?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Peter points out to Aslaksen that the community will be what if the water system is dismantled and rebuilt?
4. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was to provide a way to do what?
5. Tom discusses in Act II Scene 2 the fact that Galileo was brought to his knees for teaching what?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)