|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter enter in Act II Scene 1?
(a) From the attic.
(b) Through the front door.
(c) From the basement.
(d) Through the back door.
2. What slang term used by Billings refers to someone who is cowardly or afraid?
3. What does Peter absentmindedly forget at the office when he leaves in Act II Scene 1?
(a) Some documents.
(b) His coat.
(c) His hat and cane.
(d) A watch.
4. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
(a) Why they don't come in.
(b) What they want.
(c) Who they are.
(d) If they are violent.
5. What is the setting of Act II Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Hovstad's house.
(b) Captain Horster's house.
(c) Mr. Billing's house.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen's house.
6. In Act II Scene 2, Peter warns who that he could have them arrested for posting a large sign on the town hall?
(c) Captain Horster.
7. What word means to soften or tone down, as in one's beliefs?
8. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was to provide a way to do what?
(a) Stockpile water.
(b) Increase revenue.
(d) Cure the sick and dying.
9. What does Hovstad call Tom during his speech in Act II Scene 2?
(a) A juvenile.
(b) An aristocrat.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A murderer.
10. In Act II Scene 2, Tom asks if he and his family can have passage where?
11. In his speech in Act II Scene 2, Tom states that in the past Hovstad had fought for what?
(a) Free speech.
(b) Women's rights.
(c) Religious rights.
12. In Act II Scene 2, Tom claims that what is never right until it does right?
(a) The government.
(b) The minority.
(c) The public.
(d) The majority.
13. When Tom enters in Act II Scene 1, he tells Hovstad to do what?
(a) Give him back the report.
(b) Destroy the report.
(c) Print the report immediately.
(d) Edit some of the report.
14. In Act II Scene 1, Hovstad corrects Peter's characterization of the contamination as what?
(a) A hallucination.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) A dream.
(d) A tall tale.
15. In Act II Scene 1 it is pointed out that Billing has applied for a job as what?
(b) Tax collector.
(d) Secretary of the Magistrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
2. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was NOT to do what?
3. What refers to a government by the people or their elected representatives?
4. In Act II Scene 2, when Tom begins to speak some in the crowd complain that there is no what for the meeting?
5. Who suggests that Tom be considered an enemy of the people in Act II Scene 2?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)