|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
(a) Karney Springs.
(b) Kirsten Springs.
(c) Karma Springs.
(d) Killroy Springs.
2. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
3. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
4. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
(a) Death sentence.
(b) Cess pool.
(d) Pest hole.
5. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
(a) A second sample is tested.
(b) The next day.
(c) He informs the city council.
(d) He talks to Peter.
6. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 2 years.
7. In Act I Scene 2, Tom accuses Peter of being unable to admit that he approved the construction of the Springs where?
(a) On private land.
(b) In a poor town.
(c) On an unstable hillside.
(d) In a bad location.
8. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(c) Captain Horster.
(d) Morten Kill.
9. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(a) Infectious organic matter.
(b) Harmful bacteria.
10. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
(b) Hot toddies.
11. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
(a) The Mayors office.
(b) Kirten Springs.
(c) The Kirsten Springs Institute.
(d) Tom Stockmann's residence.
12. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Grow up someday.
(b) Reinvent the wheel.
(c) Look after him when he's old.
(d) Stir up the future.
13. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
14. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
15. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
(c) Morten Kill.
(d) Captain Horster.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
2. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
3. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
4. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
5. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)