|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of a water system overhaul does Peter accuse Tom of overlooking in Act I Scene 2?
(b) Raw materials.
2. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
(a) Tom will never be mayor.
(b) Tom is fired from the Institute.
(c) Tom is discredited.
(d) Tom disappears.
3. In Act I Scene 2, Tom accuses Peter of being unable to admit that he approved the construction of the Springs where?
(a) On private land.
(b) In a poor town.
(c) In a bad location.
(d) On an unstable hillside.
4. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
(b) Death sentence.
(c) Pest hole.
(d) Cess pool.
5. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad says he sees this situation as his opportunity to keep his word in doing what?
(a) Fighting the bureaucrats.
(b) Reporting good news.
(c) Proving his worth.
(d) Protecting the people.
6. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
(a) The west.
(b) The north.
(c) The south.
(d) The east.
7. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
(b) Atomic Alley.
(c) Windmill Valley.
(d) Coal Point.
8. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
(b) Environmental Protection.
(c) Water Resource.
(d) City Engineering.
9. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
(a) Imperial Theatre.
(b) Broadhurst Theater.
(c) Elizabethan Theater.
(d) Ambassador Theatre.
10. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
(a) Hot toddies.
11. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
12. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Catherine and Petra.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Petra and Morten.
13. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
14. Peter Stockmann is described as nearing what age?
15. What does Peter say would plummet if the report were to be released in Act I Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
2. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
3. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
4. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
5. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)