|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
2. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
(a) The east.
(b) The south.
(c) The west.
(d) The north.
3. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Grow up someday.
(b) Look after him when he's old.
(c) Stir up the future.
(d) Reinvent the wheel.
4. In Act I Scene 2, Peter accuses Tom of _______ the situation.
5. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
6. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
(a) How the world works.
(b) What a man is.
(c) What the truth is.
(d) The definition of corruption.
7. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
8. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The springs.
(c) The mill.
(d) The tannery.
9. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Tom Stockmann.
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Mr. Billing.
10. In Act I Scene 2, Tom explains that there is no what but simply a scientific report?
(a) Reason to panic.
(b) Published findings.
(c) Conclusive evidence.
11. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
(a) An epidemic.
(b) A scandal.
(c) Very interesting.
(d) A joke.
12. What does Peter say would plummet if the report were to be released in Act I Scene 2?
13. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
(c) Morten Kill.
(d) Captain Horster.
14. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
15. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(c) Petra Stockmann.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
2. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
3. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
4. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
5. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)