|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Billing.
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
2. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
3. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
(a) Atomic Alley.
(b) Coal Point.
(d) Windmill Valley.
4. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
5. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Tom Stockmann.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Petra Stockmann.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
6. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
(a) Pest hole.
(b) Cess pool.
(d) Death sentence.
7. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The schools.
(b) The church.
(c) The bureaucrats.
(d) The wealthy.
8. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
(a) The south.
(b) The east.
(c) The west.
(d) The north.
9. Peter Stockmann is described as nearing what age?
10. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
11. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
(a) The Mayor's office.
(b) Incredible wealth.
(c) All the power.
12. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Seventy thousand crowns.
(b) One million crowns.
(c) Hundreds of thousands of crowns.
(d) Five million crowns.
13. How old is Ejlif?
14. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Catherine Stockmann.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Morten and Ejlif.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
15. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
2. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
3. What does Peter say would plummet if the report were to be released in Act I Scene 2?
4. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
5. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)