|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character in the play shares the most characteristics with Tom Stockmann?
2. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(b) Harmful bacteria.
(d) Infectious organic matter.
3. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
(a) Tom will never be mayor.
(b) Tom is discredited.
(c) Tom is fired from the Institute.
(d) Tom disappears.
4. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
5. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
(b) Coal Point.
(c) Windmill Valley.
(d) Atomic Alley.
6. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
7. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
8. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
9. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
10. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Morten and Ejlif.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Captain Horster.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
11. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
(b) Environmental Protection.
(c) Water Resource.
(d) City Engineering.
12. What does Peter say would plummet if the report were to be released in Act I Scene 2?
13. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
(a) A paper mill.
(b) The tannery.
(c) Oil drilling.
(d) A powerplant.
14. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
15. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
(a) The local university lab.
(b) A childhood friend.
(c) The federal government.
(d) His neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
2. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
3. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
4. In Act I Scene 2, Peter accuses Tom of _______ the situation.
5. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)