|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
(d) Ship Captain.
2. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
3. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
(a) The north.
(b) The west.
(c) The east.
(d) The south.
4. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) The local university lab.
(c) The federal government.
(d) A childhood friend.
5. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
6. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(c) Exposure to the world.
7. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
(b) Hot toddies.
8. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(c) Captain Horster.
(d) Morten Kill.
9. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
10. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Look after him when he's old.
(b) Stir up the future.
(c) Grow up someday.
(d) Reinvent the wheel.
11. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
(a) Mammoth Springs.
(b) Carlsbad Springs.
(c) Merrimac Springs.
(d) Kirsten Springs.
12. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
(a) Captain Horster.
(c) Morten Kill.
13. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
14. Peter Stockmann is described as nearing what age?
15. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
2. In Act I Scene 2, Tom accuses Peter of being unable to admit that he approved the construction of the Springs where?
3. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
4. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
5. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)