|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
2. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
3. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Catherine Stockmann.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Tom Stockmann.
4. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
(a) Water Resource.
(b) Environmental Protection.
(c) City Engineering.
5. In Act I Scene 2, Tom explains that there is no what but simply a scientific report?
(a) Reason to panic.
(b) Published findings.
(c) Conclusive evidence.
6. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
(a) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(b) The Kirsten Springs Institute.
(c) Kirten Springs.
(d) The Mayors office.
7. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Mr. Kill.
8. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
9. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
(a) The north.
(b) The east.
(c) The west.
(d) The south.
10. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 12 years.
11. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
12. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(c) Morten and Ejlif.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
13. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Seventy thousand crowns.
(b) Hundreds of thousands of crowns.
(c) One million crowns.
(d) Five million crowns.
14. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
(a) The Mayor's office.
(b) Kirsten Springs Institute.
(c) The City Engineering Department.
(d) The hospital.
15. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
(a) A scandal.
(b) Very interesting.
(c) An epidemic.
(d) A joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
2. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
3. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
4. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
5. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)