|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
(a) Karma Springs.
(b) Kirsten Springs.
(c) Karney Springs.
(d) Killroy Springs.
2. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Tom explains that there is no what but simply a scientific report?
(b) Conclusive evidence.
(c) Published findings.
(d) Reason to panic.
4. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
5. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A letter.
(b) A gift.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A briefcase.
6. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Mr. Billing.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
7. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
(a) Tom is discredited.
(b) Tom disappears.
(c) Tom is fired from the Institute.
(d) Tom will never be mayor.
8. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Fredric March.
(b) Cary Grant.
(c) John Barrymore.
(d) Victor Mature.
9. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Fine tune them.
(b) Put them into action.
(c) Filter out the bad ideas.
(d) Critique them.
10. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A childhood friend.
(b) The federal government.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) The local university lab.
11. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(c) Harmful bacteria.
(d) Infectious organic matter.
12. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(d) Exposure to the world.
13. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
(a) The town.
(b) The Institute.
(c) The family.
(d) The environment.
14. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
(a) Death sentence.
(c) Cess pool.
(d) Pest hole.
15. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
2. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
3. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
4. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
5. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)