|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Put them into action.
(b) Filter out the bad ideas.
(c) Critique them.
(d) Fine tune them.
2. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
(a) What the truth is.
(b) The definition of corruption.
(c) What a man is.
(d) How the world works.
3. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The church.
(b) The bureaucrats.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) The schools.
4. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
(a) The Mayor's office.
(c) Incredible wealth.
(d) All the power.
5. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
(a) Write an editorial.
(b) Shout on a street corner.
(c) Go to the city council.
(d) Test the water himself.
6. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
7. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A gift.
(b) A briefcase.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A letter.
8. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Billing.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Kill.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
9. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
10. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
11. How old is Ejlif?
12. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad claims to have been what his entire life?
(a) An underdog.
(d) A bird watcher.
13. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
(d) Ship Captain.
14. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
15. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
(a) A joke.
(b) A scandal.
(c) Very interesting.
(d) An epidemic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
2. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
3. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
4. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
5. What aspect of a water system overhaul does Peter accuse Tom of overlooking in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)