|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A briefcase.
(c) A gift.
(d) A letter.
2. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Mr. Hovstad.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
3. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) The bureaucrats.
(c) The schools.
(d) The church.
4. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
(a) The neighboring town.
(b) A factory.
(c) The tannery.
(d) A pig farm.
5. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
6. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Stir up the future.
(b) Reinvent the wheel.
(c) Grow up someday.
(d) Look after him when he's old.
7. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad claims to have been what his entire life?
(a) A bird watcher.
(d) An underdog.
8. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
9. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
10. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
(a) He'd drop by later.
(b) Disregard the findings.
(c) He commissioned his own report.
(d) Don't publish the report.
11. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
(a) Mr. Hovstad.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Mr. Billing.
12. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
13. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
(b) All the power.
(c) The Mayor's office.
(d) Incredible wealth.
14. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Kirsten Springs Institute.
(c) The City Engineering Department.
(d) The Mayor's office.
15. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
2. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
3. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
4. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
5. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)