|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(a) Exposure to the world.
2. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
(a) Treat the incoming water.
(b) Not show up for his meeting.
(c) Make recommendations for improvements.
(d) Tell them everything is fine.
3. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Five million crowns.
(b) One million crowns.
(c) Hundreds of thousands of crowns.
(d) Seventy thousand crowns.
4. How old is Ejlif?
5. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(c) Captain Horster.
(d) Morten Kill.
6. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 12 years.
7. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Catherine Stockmann.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Tom Stockmann.
8. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
(a) How the world works.
(b) What the truth is.
(c) The definition of corruption.
(d) What a man is.
9. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
10. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
11. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Kirsten Springs Institute.
(c) The Mayor's office.
(d) The City Engineering Department.
12. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
(a) Imperial Theatre.
(b) Broadhurst Theater.
(c) Elizabethan Theater.
(d) Ambassador Theatre.
13. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Catherine and Petra.
(d) Petra and Morten.
14. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Morten and Ejlif.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
15. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
2. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
3. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
4. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
5. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)