|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
(b) Petra and Morten.
(c) Captain Horster.
(d) Catherine and Petra.
2. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
(a) Back a newspaper.
(b) Start a new town.
(c) Take on the mayor.
(d) Test the water again.
3. What refers to a government by the people or their elected representatives?
4. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
(b) Hot toddies.
5. Whose financial backing does Hovstad ask Tom to get for the paper to support him in Act III?
(a) Captain Horster's.
(d) Mr. Kill's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter claims in Act II Scene 2 that he only wants the town to understand that his brother's motive is to ridicule and destroy what?
2. In Act II Scene 1, Peter angrily declares that the report is based on hatred of what?
3. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
4. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments to Aslaksen that Tom might prove to be what?
5. Who is sweeping up glass in the beginning of Act III?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)