|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pages is the report?
2. If Tom signs the statement Peter presents in Act III, Peter promises Tom will what?
(a) Have medical patients again.
(b) Be rich.
(c) Not lose his house.
(d) Get his job back.
3. In Act II Scene 2, Tom claims that what is never right until it does right?
(a) The government.
(b) The minority.
(c) The majority.
(d) The public.
4. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(a) Infectious organic matter.
(c) Harmful bacteria.
5. What occupant of the town is the commander of a ship which travels all over the world?
(a) Captain Hamblin.
(b) Captain Haley.
(c) Captain Holiday.
(d) Captain Horster.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act III, Catherine's father attributes much of Tom's action to what?
2. What word means to soften or tone down, as in one's beliefs?
3. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
4. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains that he had to hold a lecture since no one would rent him what?
5. Catherine asks Billing in Act II Scene 2 why he printed whose editorial instead of the report?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)