|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
2. Who arrives to inform Tom that he lost his position at the Institute in Act III?
(a) Captain Horster.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
3. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Henrik Ibsen.
(c) Lewis Carroll.
(d) Charles Dickens.
4. In Act II Scene 2, Peter promises that if the springs are allowed to remain as they are, within how many years everyone in town will be wealthier, schools will be improved, the population will grow?
5. In Act I Scene 2, Peter accuses Tom of _______ the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine asks Billing in Act II Scene 2 why he printed whose editorial instead of the report?
2. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
3. Who enters the newspaper office with a book that Hovstad asked to be translated for publication in the newspaper in Act II Scene 1?
4. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
5. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)