|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hovstad tells Tom in Act III that the paper will run a campaign telling the people that Tom forced the stock down so that he could what?
(a) Close the springs.
(b) Bankrupt the Institute.
(c) Own the Springs and make improvements.
(d) Ruin his brother.
2. In Act III, Tom accuses Peter of being concerned that Tom will do what?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Destroy the springs.
(c) Kill somebody.
(d) Publicize the news to other parts of the country.
3. In Act III, Tom asks Hovstad if the paper will support what for the reconstruction of the Springs?
(a) The timeframe.
(b) The environmental damage.
(c) The taxes.
(d) Water shortages.
4. Who arrives to inform Tom that he lost his position at the Institute in Act III?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Captain Horster.
5. What are Tom and Catherine cleaning up in the beginning of Act III?
(c) Metal scraps.
(d) Stones thrown at the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tom returns in Act II Scene 1, he emphasizes again to Aslaksen that he does not want to be treated like what?
2. Who does Mr. Billing urge to stay for dinner in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
3. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
4. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
5. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)