|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was NOT to do what?
(a) Poison the town.
(b) Create a fishing hole.
(c) Open a waterpark.
(d) Bring in tourists.
2. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
(a) Treat the incoming water.
(b) Tell them everything is fine.
(c) Make recommendations for improvements.
(d) Not show up for his meeting.
3. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments to Aslaksen that Tom might prove to be what?
(b) Valuable to them.
(c) A wolf in sheeps clothing.
(d) The messiah.
4. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(c) Harmful bacteria.
(d) Infectious organic matter.
5. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
(a) To talk softly.
(b) To not offend anyone.
(c) To not refer to the Institute by name.
(d) To talk for only ten minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act III, Catherine's father suggests that perhaps the people who seemed to become sick from the water were what?
2. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
4. If Tom signs the statement Peter presents in Act III, Peter promises Tom will what?
5. Catherine's father tells Tom that the townspeople are upset at him mainly because of what in Act III?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)