|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
2. If Tom signs the statement Peter presents in Act III, Peter promises Tom will what?
(a) Have medical patients again.
(b) Get his job back.
(c) Not lose his house.
(d) Be rich.
3. In Act I Scene 2, Peter accuses Tom of _______ the situation.
4. What refers to a government by the people or their elected representatives?
5. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Tom Stockmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
2. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
3. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
4. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
5. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)