|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
(c) Ship Captain.
2. What is the setting of Act III?
(a) Captain Horster's residence.
(b) Mr. Kill's residence.
(c) Kirsten Springs.
(d) Tom Stockmann's residence.
3. In Act II Scene 2, Peter promises that if the springs are allowed to remain as they are, within how many years everyone in town will be wealthier, schools will be improved, the population will grow?
4. What word means that kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense?
5. What word means thoroughgoing or extreme, especially as regards change from accepted or traditional forms?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
2. When Tom returns in Act II Scene 1, he emphasizes again to Aslaksen that he does not want to be treated like what?
3. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
4. In Act III, Tom claims he is called an enemy of the people but he has what?
5. Who arrives to inform Tom that he lost his position at the Institute in Act III?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)