|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means the process or an instance of obstructing legislation by means of long speeches and other delaying tactics?
2. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
(a) Catherine Stockmann.
(b) Morten Kill.
(c) Captain Horster.
3. Who is the first person who enters as the captain is tidying up in Act II Scene 2?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Mr. Hovstad.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Mr. Billings.
4. Hovstad is suddenly torn in Act II Scene 1 and entertains the idea that perhaps Tom is what?
(b) A liar.
(c) An egomaniac.
(d) A traitor.
5. If Tom signs the statement Peter presents in Act III, Peter promises what about the water system?
(a) They will do more testing.
(b) They will look at it.
(c) It will be gradually improved.
(d) It will be improved immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
2. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
3. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
4. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
5. What does Catherine wonder about the people outside in the beginning of Act II Scene 2?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)