|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(b) The mayor's office.
(c) The springs.
(d) A church.
3. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
4. Hovstad is suddenly torn in Act II Scene 1 and entertains the idea that perhaps Tom is what?
(a) A liar.
(c) An egomaniac.
(d) A traitor.
5. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
(a) The weakest.
(c) Always right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
2. In Act III, Catherine's father suggests that perhaps the people who seemed to become sick from the water were what?
3. What word means that kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense?
4. When he enters in Act II Scene 1, Peter demands to see the report, promising to help with what?
5. Who does Catherine's father tell Tom is actually the owner of the Kirsten Springs stock in Act III?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)