|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act III?
(a) Kirsten Springs.
(b) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(c) Captain Horster's residence.
(d) Mr. Kill's residence.
2. In Act II Scene 1, Billing finishes reading the report which he declares to be what?
3. In Act III, Peter warns Tom that if he attempts to publicize the report in other regions, he will do what?
(a) Issue a subpoena for his arrest.
(b) Resign as mayor.
(c) Ruin his name.
(d) Kill himself.
4. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was NOT to do what?
(a) Create a fishing hole.
(b) Bring in tourists.
(c) Open a waterpark.
(d) Poison the town.
5. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
(a) Imperial Theatre.
(b) Ambassador Theatre.
(c) Broadhurst Theater.
(d) Elizabethan Theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
2. When Peter arrives in Act I Scene 2, he expresses disappointment that Tom did what behind his back?
3. When Hovstad and Aslaksen depart in Act III, they warn Tom that he will wind up where without the backing of the newspaper?
4. What refers to a form of government in which god or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler?
5. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)