|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act III, Tom declares he will establish a new school where he and who will teach children to be free and independent people?
(c) Captain Horster.
2. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(a) Exposure to the world.
3. Who arrives to say she was fired from her job as a schoolteacher in Act III?
4. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
(a) Test the water himself.
(b) Shout on a street corner.
(c) Go to the city council.
(d) Write an editorial.
5. What word means habitual observance of truth in speech or statement; truthfulness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
2. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
3. Captain Horster lost his position with his company because of what in Act III?
4. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
5. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)