|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Scene 2, Tom explains to the crowd that the dream he had for the Springs was to provide a way to do what?
(a) Stockpile water.
(b) Increase revenue.
(c) Cure the sick and dying.
2. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(c) Tom Stockmann.
(d) Petra Stockmann.
3. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
(a) A factory.
(b) The neighboring town.
(c) The tannery.
(d) A pig farm.
4. Where was Jesus crucified?
5. In Act III, Peter warns Tom that if he attempts to publicize the report in other regions, he will do what?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Issue a subpoena for his arrest.
(c) Resign as mayor.
(d) Ruin his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1 it is pointed out that Billing has applied for a job as what?
2. Tom claims in Act II Scene 2 that he stands against the conventional wisdom that the majority is what?
3. What compromise does Tom reach when reading the report at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
4. Who is allowed to speak first at the gathering in Act II Scene 2?
5. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)