|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Peter arrives in Act I Scene 2, he expresses disappointment that Tom did what behind his back?
(a) Conducted the investigation.
(b) Paid for Hovstad's bail.
(c) Spent the inheritance.
(d) Spoken with Sarah.
2. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
(a) Go to the city council.
(b) Test the water himself.
(c) Shout on a street corner.
(d) Write an editorial.
3. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
(b) Morten Kill.
(c) Captain Horster.
4. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
(a) A patient.
5. What does Hovstad call Tom during his speech in Act II Scene 2?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A juvenile.
(d) An aristocrat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means to soften or tone down, as in one's beliefs?
2. Hovstad tells Tom in Act III that the paper will run a campaign telling the people that Tom forced the stock down so that he could what?
3. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
4. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
5. Whose financial backing does Hovstad ask Tom to get for the paper to support him in Act III?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)