|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
(b) An umbrella.
(c) His brother's cane.
(d) A sword.
2. Against the objection of some, Aslaksen is named what in Act II Scene 2?
(b) A lunatic.
(d) A liar.
3. In Act II Scene 1, to show Peter that his position is that of the people, Tom puts on what?
(a) Peter's coat.
(b) Peter's hat.
(c) His hat.
(d) His coat.
4. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
5. If Tom signs the statement Peter presents in Act III, Peter promises Tom will what?
(a) Not lose his house.
(b) Have medical patients again.
(c) Be rich.
(d) Get his job back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
2. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
3. What word means that kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense?
4. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
5. Which character claims to be a radical liberal?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)