|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
2. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
3. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) The baton of command.
(c) The needle of a compass.
(d) The letter "I."
4. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(b) Exposure to the world.
5. How old is Ejlif?
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of a water system overhaul does Peter accuse Tom of overlooking in Act I Scene 2?
2. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
3. Who arrives to say she was fired from her job as a schoolteacher in Act III?
4. Who arrives to inform Tom that he lost his position at the Institute in Act III?
5. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)