|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments to Aslaksen that Tom might prove to be what?
(b) The messiah.
(c) A wolf in sheeps clothing.
(d) Valuable to them.
2. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
(a) The local university lab.
(b) A childhood friend.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) The federal government.
3. In Act III, Tom accuses Peter of being concerned that Tom will do what?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Destroy the springs.
(c) Kill somebody.
(d) Publicize the news to other parts of the country.
4. Which character claims to be a radical liberal?
5. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
(a) He'd drop by later.
(b) Disregard the findings.
(c) He commissioned his own report.
(d) Don't publish the report.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
2. Peter claims in Act II Scene 2 that he only wants the town to understand that his brother's motive is to ridicule and destroy what?
3. In Act II Scene 1 it is pointed out that Billing has applied for a job as what?
4. In Act II Scene 1, to show Peter that his position is that of the people, Tom puts on what?
5. In Act III, Catherine's father suggests that perhaps the people who seemed to become sick from the water were what?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)