|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Hundreds of thousands of crowns.
(b) One million crowns.
(c) Five million crowns.
(d) Seventy thousand crowns.
2. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Grow up someday.
(b) Look after him when he's old.
(c) Stir up the future.
(d) Reinvent the wheel.
3. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The bureaucrats.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) The church.
(d) The schools.
4. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
(a) City Engineering.
(c) Environmental Protection.
(d) Water Resource.
5. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad claims to have been what his entire life?
2. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
3. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
4. In Act I Scene 2, Tom accuses Peter of being unable to admit that he approved the construction of the Springs where?
5. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)