|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
(a) Don't publish the report.
(b) Disregard the findings.
(c) He'd drop by later.
(d) He commissioned his own report.
3. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
(a) Oil drilling.
(b) A paper mill.
(c) The tannery.
(d) A powerplant.
4. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
(a) He informs the city council.
(b) A second sample is tested.
(c) The next day.
(d) He talks to Peter.
5. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Mr. Billing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
2. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
3. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
4. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
5. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)