|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
(a) One million crowns.
(b) Seventy thousand crowns.
(c) Hundreds of thousands of crowns.
(d) Five million crowns.
2. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
(a) Kirsten Springs Institute.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The City Engineering Department.
(d) The Mayor's office.
3. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
(a) Environmental Protection.
(c) City Engineering.
(d) Water Resource.
4. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
5. When Peter arrives in Act I Scene 2, he expresses disappointment that Tom did what behind his back?
(a) Spoken with Sarah.
(b) Paid for Hovstad's bail.
(c) Spent the inheritance.
(d) Conducted the investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
2. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
3. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
4. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
5. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)