|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
(a) Carlsbad Springs.
(b) Mammoth Springs.
(c) Kirsten Springs.
(d) Merrimac Springs.
2. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
(b) Catherine and Petra.
(c) Petra and Morten.
(d) Captain Horster.
3. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Reinvent the wheel.
(b) Look after him when he's old.
(c) Grow up someday.
(d) Stir up the future.
4. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
(a) The west.
(b) The north.
(c) The east.
(d) The south.
5. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
(a) The town.
(b) The Institute.
(c) The family.
(d) The environment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
2. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
3. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
4. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
5. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)