|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Reinvent the wheel.
(b) Stir up the future.
(c) Grow up someday.
(d) Look after him when he's old.
2. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
(a) Hot toddies.
3. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
4. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
(a) The mill.
(b) The springs.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The tannery.
5. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
2. What does Peter say would plummet if the report were to be released in Act I Scene 2?
3. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
4. How old is Ejlif?
5. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)