|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
(a) The Kirsten Springs Institute.
(b) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(c) The Mayors office.
(d) Kirten Springs.
2. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Billing.
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
3. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
(a) A factory.
(b) A pig farm.
(c) The neighboring town.
(d) The tannery.
4. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
(b) Death sentence.
(c) Pest hole.
(d) Cess pool.
5. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
2. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
3. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
4. In Act I Scene 2, Tom explains that there is no what but simply a scientific report?
5. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)