|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
(d) Hot toddies.
2. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
(a) What the truth is.
(b) How the world works.
(c) What a man is.
(d) The definition of corruption.
3. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Catherine Stockmann.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Captain Horster.
(d) Morten and Ejlif.
4. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
(a) Not show up for his meeting.
(b) Make recommendations for improvements.
(c) Treat the incoming water.
(d) Tell them everything is fine.
5. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(a) Exposure to the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
2. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
4. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad says he sees this situation as his opportunity to keep his word in doing what?
5. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)