|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
2. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
(a) Killroy Springs.
(b) Karma Springs.
(c) Karney Springs.
(d) Kirsten Springs.
3. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
4. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
(a) Shout on a street corner.
(b) Test the water himself.
(c) Write an editorial.
(d) Go to the city council.
5. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
2. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
3. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
4. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
5. What does Peter say would plummet if the report were to be released in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)