|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A gift.
(c) A briefcase.
(d) A letter.
2. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Catherine Stockmann.
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Petra Stockmann.
3. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
(a) The tannery.
(b) The springs.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The mill.
4. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
(a) Captain Horster.
(c) Morten Kill.
5. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(b) Harmful bacteria.
(d) Infectious organic matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
2. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
3. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
4. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
5. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad says he sees this situation as his opportunity to keep his word in doing what?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)