|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 12 years.
2. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
(a) The neighboring town.
(b) A pig farm.
(c) The tannery.
(d) A factory.
3. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Henrik Ibsen.
(c) Lewis Carroll.
(d) Charles Dickens.
4. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Morten and Ejlif.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
5. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
2. When Peter arrives in Act I Scene 2, he expresses disappointment that Tom did what behind his back?
3. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
4. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
5. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)