|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(c) Catherine Stockmann.
(d) Petra Stockmann.
2. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
(a) A powerplant.
(b) A paper mill.
(c) Oil drilling.
(d) The tannery.
3. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Tom Stockmann.
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
4. Who does Mr. Billing urge to stay for dinner in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Mr. Kill.
5. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(b) Infectious organic matter.
(c) Harmful bacteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
2. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
3. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
4. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
5. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)