|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Henrik Ibsen.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Lewis Carroll.
2. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
(a) Pest hole.
(c) Death sentence.
(d) Cess pool.
3. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
4. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Tom Stockmann.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Morten Kill.
5. Peter Stockmann is described as nearing what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of a water system overhaul does Peter accuse Tom of overlooking in Act I Scene 2?
2. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
3. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
4. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
5. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)