|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
(a) Oil drilling.
(b) A paper mill.
(c) The tannery.
(d) A powerplant.
2. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's maid?
3. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The church.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) The schools.
(d) The bureaucrats.
4. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
(a) The town.
(b) The Institute.
(c) The family.
(d) The environment.
5. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Reinvent the wheel.
(b) Grow up someday.
(c) Look after him when he's old.
(d) Stir up the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
2. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
3. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
4. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
5. In Act I Scene 2, Peter accuses Tom of _______ the situation.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)